Bags under the eyes are developed due to two main reasons first is when the collagen level decreases inside your skin as you age. This decrease level of collagen causes the skin to lose its tightness for this reason the skin drops out. This feature is more prominent on the face including eyes. The second reason, being the fat deposition. When we are young the fats in the skin are intact. As we age these fats displaces and starts to dropout and you start to wonder how to get rid of bags under eyes. There are many causes that lead to bags under the eyes. Aging, deprivation of elasticity, Fluid detention due to weather changes, Hormonal imbalance, Sleep deprivation, Due to skin allergy and by water retention. Most important is the water detention or alcohol drinking. If any of these causes persist it will straight forward lead to puffiness under the eyes. Also aging is the leading factor of developing bags under the eyes. In order to get rid of puffy eyes simply follow the below mentioned simple remedies.
“17 home remedies for puffy eyes.”
Cucumber is the main ingredient of fresh salad. It is used in salad because it provides freshness. Similarly it also soothes the puffiness of eyes and removes under eye bags. The constituent present ion cucumbers decrease the puffiness by tightening the skin. This will also help in the reduction of wrinkles around the eye area. One thing should be kept in mind that only chilled cucumbers should be preferred for this remedy.
- Take two slices of cucumber place them in refrigerator for half an hour.
- Now place them on eyes for about twenty minutes.
- You will instantly feel a sensation of freshness. This therapy will reduce the inflammation of your eyes.
Potato is also considered to be one of the efficient home remedies to get rid of bags under eyes. Potato is also beneficial in treating bags under the eyes. Potatoes is a vegetable that is rich in starch. This starch absorbs the inflammation and reduces the puffiness effect beneath the eyes. This home remedy will not only help in reducing the puffiness by it will also help in the fading of dark circles.
- Peel potato, cut it into slices.
- Take two slices and place them on your eyes for about several minutes.
- The potato slices will absorb the inflammation and reduce it.
15. Tea Bags
If you’re looking for tips of how to get rid of bags under eyes, just go to kitchen and make yourself a cup of tea. Tea is very effective in reducing the inflammation under the eyes. Tea has special chemicals that have the ability to absorb the fluid that has accumulated under the eyes. Tea has astringent properties it flushes away the fluid that is accumulated beneath the eye area.
- Take 2 used tea bags.
- Wash them under the running water and place them on eyes for half an hour.
- Repeat this process twice a day for better and quick results. This is one of the best methods to get rid of bags under eyes.
“By following these preventive measures you will have fewer chances to develop bags under eyes.”
Spinach is a rich source of vitamin k and is very beneficial in treating under eye bags. You can take spinach on regular basis. This Vitamin K helps in the reduction of inflammation around the eyes. Makes your skin looks brighter and puff free eyes.
- Take a bowl full of spinach.
- Beat them in mortar and pestle.
- Now apply the graded spinach over the eyes.
- Leave it for half an hour.
- Repeat it at least twice a day.
13. Egg White
Learn how to get rid of bags under your eyes instantly by using eggs. Egg white helps in skin tightening. It is also helpful in the removal of wrinkles and dark circles, this is the reason that only egg white is utilized and yolk is removed.
- Take an egg. Separate its yolk and albumin. You will be needing albumin for this therapy.
- Apply albumin or the white part of the egg under the eyes.
- Let it dry.
- Now wash it with Luke warm water. This will reduce the puffiness of eyes. Repeat this process until you see a mild change in the puffiness around your eyes.
12. Cold Compression Method
Cold compression method is widely used by many people who have heavy bags under the eyes.
- In this method few spoons are placed in refrigerator for some time until they are cold enough.
- Now take spoons one by one and place them on your bags and press them gently. This is very effective method to get rid of bags under eyes.
- One can also take ice cubes and gently rub over effected area. This should be done twice a day especially before going to bed.
11. Salt Water
This is one of the simplest but reliable home remedy for the puffy eyes and under eye bags. No such preparations are required for it. All you need to do is follow the below mentioned steps.
- Take few tablespoons of water in a bowl
- Now add half tablespoon of salt in it.
- Mix it well, until the salt dissolves completes.
- Now soak the cotton ball in the salt water and apply on the affected area.
- Make sure you close your eyes and then apply the salt water over the eye lid.
- Repeat it twice a day especially before going to bed.
10. Chilled Water
Main reason of puffy eyes is insomnia. When you do not get enough sleep , the swelling develops under the eyes. The best and simple way is to treat them with chilled water. Cold water has the property to congest the vessels which does not let fluid to accumulate beneath the eyes.
- Splashes of chilled water after every ten to fifteen minutes will aid in the removal of puffiness.
- Other method is to take few ice cubes and wrap them in a cloth and then place them over the eyes. Repeat it twice a day.
9. Rose Water
Rose water has been used in many skin care products. It has wide application. It nourishes the skin and at the same time it makes the skin look young and fresh. It helps in facilitating the tired look. It also works as a makeup remover and skin toner which makes it perfect for healing under eye bags.
- Take a spray bottle and fill with rose water. Spray on your face and eyes after every ten to fifteen minutes.
- Take cotton ball and dip it in rose water. Now apply the cotton on the affected area. This is one of the best remedy for tired or puffy eyes.
Apples have the ability to rejuvenate the skin. It removes the excess fluid that has accumulated beneath the skin. This fruit is also rich in iron which provides the tightening effect to skin. It adds glow to skin also. Apple is also known to treat the puffy eyes. Apple contains certain constituents that quench the fluid that has caused the puffiness.
- Chop apple into slices.
- Freeze them
- Now place them over the eyelids till it becomes warm.
- Repeat it every day for better results.
7. Drink Ample Water
Water is the basic necessity of life, without water we will not survive for long. This miraculous product as many advantages also. It keeps the skin hydrated, it keeps the functioning of kidney intact, and it provides a detoxification effect. It is also used in the treatment of puffiness eyes. Make a habit of drinking ample water in a day especially in summers to remove under eye bags. It is the time when your body needs a lot of water.
- Drink at least right to ten glasses of water in a day.
- Apart from water drink fresh juices.
Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin c-. This vitamin is very important for your skin and as well for the bones. Oranges and lemons are rich in vitamin –C. oranges are also beneficial to remove the puffy eyes, it contains vitamin-c which drains off the fluid that has accumulated beneath the beneath. This fluid is the reason that our eyes look heavy and tired.
- Eat fresh oranges or drink at least two to three glasses of fresh oranges juice in a day. It will not only rejuvenates your skin but also keep your body hydrated.
5. Carrot Juice
Among all the juices carrot juice has some miraculous results. It enhances the blood flow and above all it is very effective for the eyesight. Carrot juice adds glossy effect to your skin it removes the scars. It has a cooling effect so it’s best summer drink. It enhances the eyesight. It has also finding its use in the treatment against the puffy eyes. It removes the fluid retention which is the basic cause of puffy eyes.
- Take five to six carrots wash them properly.
- Now put them in blender.
- Drink the juice twice a day and every day in summers.
4. Whole Milk
Many people are unaware that whole milk can treat puffy eyes. Whole milk is very beneficial because it contains some ingredients that are effective against the puffy eyes. Whole milk contains fats, proteins and certain vitamins which provide soothing effecting. This soothing effect relieves the puffiness beneath the eyes.
- Take cotton or a piece of clean cloth.
- Dip them in cold milk and place it over the eyes.
- Gently press it over the eye area.
- Repeat it before going to bed. Keep on doing it until the results appear.
Coriander has many prominent medicinal effects. It is specifically use to treat many diseases or disorders related eyes. Coriander is available in every kitchen. This condiment has a very soothing aroma. Due to its cooling effect it is used to treat the under eye bags and puffy eyes. It reduces the burning feeling and pain. For this simple home remedy coriander seeds are required.
- Soak coriander seeds it water. Leave it for overnight.
- Now rinse your eyes with this water.
2. Chamomile Tea
This teas has been in use and known for its anti-inflammatory actions. It also reduces the pain of the eyes. Simple take chamomile leaves and add them in boiling water. Now drink this tea. It would be better to drink it after every meal. You will observe the change in a day or two. One thing should be kept in mind that the leaves should be properly boiled. The extract of the leaves should dissolve properly in the water.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a wonder plant. If you have Aloe Vera in your garden you don’t need to wonder “how to get rid of bags under your eyes” any more. It exerts its actions in many skin and hair fall problems. It has anti-inflammatory action and it is best for removing the puffiness under the eyes. Aloe Vera will not only treat the puffiness but it will also treat the dark circles and wrinkles of the eyes.
- Simply extract the gel from the aloe leave by making a cut.
- Collect it in a container.
- Now apply the gel on the eyes with clean hands.
- For better results let the gel be there for overnight.
- Repeat the process until the swelling disappears.
- Sleep with two or three pillows under your head. This will improve the circulation. By doing so it will decrease the chances of recurrence of bags under eyes.
- If you wash your face with cold water, it will tighten up your skin and it won’t allow the accumulation of fluid under your eyes. This will also recue the puffiness under the eyes.
- Avoid exposure to sun
- Drink a lot of water.
- Massage lightly with hands beneath the eyes.
- Eat vitamin rich food.
- Get enough sleep.
- Do not rub your eyes.
- Avoid washing your face warm water.
- Do not sleep without removing the makeup.
- Avoid using mascara and eyeliner.
- Avoid the television screen till late at night.