There are four general skin types: Normal, oily, combination and dry. Dry skin is the absolute worst during winter time, when layers upon layers of moisturizers are of no help. No amount of body creams or body butters can help your skin when it is extremely dry.Dry skin is not as much of a problem during summer time. You have to remember to use sunscreen or else the heat from the sun will make your skin drier. You can use home remedies to treat your dry skin and nourish it back to health. These home remedies require ingredients that are normally present in every household.
Here are 15 home remedies that you can use to make your skin soft and supple.
“Are you tired of your dry and flaky skin? Do you want to bring back your skin’s natural moisture? Use these easy home remedies to help cure your skin’s dryness.”
Milk is a wonderful ingredient that provides the skin with a lot of moisture. It is rich in lactic acid. This lactic acid helps remove dead skin cells and makes the skin retain moisture longer. It is nature’s best moisturizer for dry skin.
- Wet a cloth with milk.
- Make sure that the milk you use is plain and unflavored.
- Place the wet cloth over the dry skin area.
- Leave it on the skin for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
Milk also acts as a gentle cleanser. Cleanse your face every day using milk; this will make your skin soft and smooth.
- Dip a cotton ball in milk.
- Move the wet cotton ball all over your face.
- Discard the cotton ball and wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Pat your face dry with a towel and use moisturizer.
Honey is a wonderful miracle ingredient found in many foods. Honey is deliciously sweet and contains many health benefits. It has numerous vitamins and minerals along with antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. Especially effective in healing dry skin on face.
It helps treat the skin and nourish it back to health. It is also widely used as a natural moisturizer.
- Wear old clothes as this home remedy can get messy.
- Rub a little amount of honey all over your body 10 minutes before a shower.
- Step inside the shower and wash your skin.
- Use a gentle soap or body cleanser.
- Pat your skin dry.
Your skin will feel ten times smoother and healthier.
Learn how to get rid of dry skin by using this amazing natural remedy. Yogurt is another natural moisturizer. It helps preserve the skins moisture for a longer period of time. It prevents dry and flaky skin. If you have dry skin then you should definitely increase the use of yogurt in your diet and on your skin.
- Mix half a cup of yogurt with mashed papaya.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey to the mixture.
- Mix the ingredients well together.
- Apply the mixture all over your skin, especially on areas most dry.
- Wash your body after 10 to 15 minutes of application.
Yogurt can also be applied all by itself; both ways work well to reduce dryness.
12. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera helps remove dead skin cells. It also protects the skin from bacteria and other harmful agents. Aloe vera is used as the main element in various skin care products. It has several skin care benefits that make it one of the best home remedies for dry skin. You should try to use aloe vera gel directly from the plant as the gel available in the market does not provide the same benefits.
- Cut a small leaf from the aloe vera plant.
- Squeeze the gel out of the leaf.
- Apply the gel on the dry areas of your skin.
- Leave the gel on your skin for 10 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
11. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an ingredient with a variety of benefits. Its uses range far and wide; it has many advantages. Coconut oil helps make the hair and skin smooth as the main function of coconut oil is to reduce dryness. You can use this natural best moisturizer for dry skin this way.
- Take a small amount of coconut oil in your hand.
- Rub the oil on your body.
- Massage it using gentle fingers.
- Keep rubbing your skin until all oil has been absorbed.
Use coconut oil daily after taking a bath and before bedtime. You will see a definite change in your skin.
10. Almond Oil
Almond oil contains many vitamins and minerals. It is effortlessly absorbed into the skin. Almond oil helps remove dryness by providing the skin with softness. It is really effective in healing dry skin on face and hands.
- Warm the almond oil in the microwave.
- Massage the warm oil onto your skin.
- Keep massaging until the oil is absorbed.
- Repeat this process twice daily for best results.
9. Olive Oil
Olive oil is oil that is packed with many minerals and antioxidants that are beneficial for the skin. It prevents dryness and makes the skin soft and supple. You can learn how to get rid of dry skin using this simple olive oil recipe:
- Take some almond oil in your hands, when you are just about finished with your shower.
- Rub your hands together and spread the oil all over your body.
- Rinse you body with lukewarm water.
- Do not use soap; let the oil be washed away with only water.
- Dry your body gently with a towel using dabbing motions.
- Do not rub the towel roughly on your skin.
“Here are 15 easy and quick home remedies that will help you achieve soft and smooth skin. You can say goodbye to your dry skin forever.”
Avocado is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids. It has high levels of vitamin A, which improves the health of the skin and maintains its smooth and silky texture. In the best home remedies for dry skin, Avocado is at the top of the list.
- Use half a cup of avocado and mash it to form a paste.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey to the paste.
- Mix the two ingredients well together.
- Apply the paste on your body for 10 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
Your skin should feel smooth and gentle to the touch.
Oatmeal is great for your health. Daily intake of oatmeal in your diet improves the overall health of the body. It reduces inflammation.
Oatmeal when mixed with water forms a milky consistency that helps provide the skin with moisture. Oatmeal is also best known for its antioxidant properties. If you want to know how to get rid of dry skin using oatmeal bath, here is the simple method:
- Fill your bathtub with warm water.
- Add one cup of oatmeal to the water.
- Use your hands to disperse the oatmeal in your bath tub.
- Soak you body in this water for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with clean water and pat the body dry.
Take a bath in oatmeal water once or twice every week, depending upon the degree of dryness.
6. Gram Flour
Gram flour is a good moisturizing agent. It works wonders for the skin when it is mixed with yogurt. It has anti-inflammatory properties and helps reduce dryness and redness. Gram flour also helps reduce allergic reactions on the skin. Gram flour mixed with yogurt is known as the best moisturizer for dry skin.
- Add 4 tablespoons of yogurt to 1 tablespoon of gram flour.
- Mix the two together until well combined.
- Apply this paste over dry skin.
- Leave it on your skin for 20 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
5. Shea Butter
These amazing home remedies for dry skin are incomplete without shea butter. Shea butter helps cure dry skin. Recent studies suggest that the oil present in shea butter is almost the same as that produced by the skin glands.
Use shea butter on your body as it provides the skin with a lot of benefits. Continuous application of shea butter will provide you with soft and smooth skin. You will never suffer from dry and flaky skin ever again.
4. Moisturize Often
People often neglect moisturizers and do not use them on a daily basis. This causes dry skin on face and body.
Our skin is constantly being subjected to microorganisms, harsh chemicals and weather. The environment plays a big role on our skin type. Moisture is constantly being stripped off of our skin; therefore we must apply moisturizers to replenish it.
Use natural moisturizers such as various oils and butters for added benefits.
Moisturize daily more than just a few times.
3. Increase The Intake Of Fluids
The secret to smooth and hydrated skin is the increased intake of fluids. The opposite of dry and flaky skin is soft hydrated skin. You can achieve hydrated skin easily by increasing the amount of water you drink per day.
If drinking water starts to seem like a chore, you can always switch it up with various juices and drinks. Do not drink excess alcohol as it dries out the skin.
You can also set a timer for drinking water or download an application that reminds you to drink after every few minutes or hours.
2. Avoid Harsh And Abrasive Soaps
There are various skin care products available in the market. All brands carry products suited for different skin types. Choose products for sensitive skin. As some products can cause dry skin on face and body.
Dry skin is very sensitive; it takes very little to cause lots of irritation. Use products that are targeted towards dry or sensitive skin.
Avoid harsh soaps and body cleansers that contain a lot of chemicals.
1. Improve Your Diet
Nourish your skin from within. Eat a healthy diet and steer clear of junk food or food that can cause irritation.
Include fish in your diet as it contains omega 3 fatty acids, which helps keep the skin healthy.
Increase your intake of fruits and green vegetables. There are many fruits that help nurture the skin. Improve your skin from within. This will provide your body with energy and you will feel better than ever before.
- Increase the intake of fluids.
- Eat healthy food.
- Use products targeted towards dry and sensitive skin.
- Moisturize your skin often.
- Use lukewarm water in the shower.
- Don’t use harsh or abrasive soaps.
- Don’t wash your body with hot water.
- Don’t use products that will irritate the skin.
- Don’t subject your skin to heat.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your body.