Aloe vera juice has become quite popular in the last few years. Many see aloe juice as a “silent healer”; it has become the top selling item in many health and food stores. The aloe vera plant is considered miraculously curative because of its numerous healing benefits. It has been used as both internally and externally for centuries, in the Egyptian and Middle Eastern cultures. It is one of the most versatile and impressive herbs.
The clear gel found inside the aloe plant leaves is rich Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C and E. It is also an excellent source of natural folic acid. Aloe vera gel is also a rich source of minerals such as potassium, zinc, chromium, sodium, iron and magnesium. All these nutrients have tremendous health benefits. Whether, you have aloe water, aloe juice or make an aloe vera drink you will benefit greatly. Aloe vera has been used to treat skin conditions such as acne and sun burn for quite some time, but drinking aloe vera in any form can heal a number of ailments. So, if you are wondering what are the benefits of aloe vera juice or what is aloe vera juice good for, be ready to be impressed and read on about 10 remarkable benefits of drinking aloe vera juice.
“The aloe vera plant is considered miraculously curative because of its numerous healing benefits. It has been used as both internally and externally for centuries, in the Egyptian and Middle Eastern cultures. It is one of the most versatile and impressive herbs.”
10. Helps Maintain Blood Sugar Levels
These days diabetes has become one of the most common auto-immune diseases. Hyperglycemia is increasing at an alarming rate. Balanced diet and lifestyle choices play a major role in preventing and maintaining type-2 diabetes; there are times when it is not possible to keep a balance between the two. There are many side effects of taking insulin and other diabetic medicines. A number of researches have proven that there are immense benefits of drinking aloe vera juice for diabetics. It works like a magic potion to maintain blood sugar levels in your body. This is how aloe juice works, it has dietary fibers which dissolve in water, thus reduce the amount of glucose in our body. It is also rich in lectins, which make the carbohydrates bind together. This helps in reducing the amount of glucose in our blood and also maintaining it afterwards. It is also rich in antioxidant properties which help in elimination of excessive amounts of glucose from our blood stream. How to include aloe vera juice in your diet?
- Start with taking one tablespoon of aloe gel in the morning; gradually increase your intake to 3 tablespoons in a day.
- If you find the taste of aloe gel too bitter, you can simply take the gel blenderize it with some water and add a dollop of natural honey as a sweetener.
- You will see your blood sugars level in fasting drop within 3 months.
9. Helps Reduce The Risk Of Heart Attacks
There are number of things that contribute towards heart attack and strokes. One major one being clotting of blood! If you improve the quality of blood, you reduce your chances of having a heart attack considerably. This is also true for patients who have already suffered a heart attack prior, and are at high risk of having another one. A number of herbalists and those who practice alternative medicine swear by the ‘Chelation Therapy’. The therapy works by trapping and removing toxins from your system. Those who underwent this therapy saw a notable improvement in symptoms of heart diseases. Doctors believe that buildup of toxins such as arsenic, lead and mercury can curtail systems on which our heart is dependent for proper functioning; therefore, detoxification ensures healthy functioning of your heart. To improve the quality of your blood you must consume aloe juice in some form regularly.
- Aloe vera juice keeps blood cells from clumping, which is a major cause of strokes and heart attacks
- Proper blood flow helps in absorption of nutrients and oxygen from the food we eat, and makes sure it reaches all our organs.
- Adequate supply of oxygen lowers your blood pressure and chances of strokes and heart attacks.
8. Helps Lower Cholesterol Levels
As more benefits of drinking aloe vera juice are being discovered every day, one important finding has been that drinking aloe vera also reduces cholesterol levels in your blood, and it improves the quality of your blood. According to ‘Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology’, regular consumption of aloe juice regulates the liver function and reduces cholesterol production in the liver by almost 30 percent.
- Another study was conducted over a period of 5 years involving aloe vera. Those who had high levels of cholesterol were advised to include aloe vera in their daily diet in any form. This showed significant improvement in triglycerides and serum cholesterol of 93% of the 5000 patients involved.
7. Helps In Boosting Immunity
Aloe vera juice is rich in antioxidant properties. One of the benefits of drinking aloe vera juice is that it helps our body to get rid of the free radicals and oxidants which accumulate over time due to poor diet and lifestyle choices. These free radicals are bad for our health, speed up the aging process and hinder in the normal functioning of different body systems. You are more prone to catching common colds and flu if your immune system is not working properly. Aloe juice regulates these body functions and gives support to our immune system.
- Since aloe vera is rich in minerals, Vitamins and amino acids, drinking 2-4 ounces of aloe juice everyday meets our daily requirements for all these essential nutrients
- Aloe vera is packed with polysaccharides, which give a boost to our macrophage or white blood cells. White blood cells are our shield against any external viruses and antibodies
- Our immune system works around the clock to protect our body from any external bodies. Aloe vera with its immune boosting properties provides our body with unbroken arsenal supply to draw the right nutrients to keep on functioning round the clock.
“Most of the benefits of drinking aloe juice are interrelated. Since it is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant will rectify any digestion related issues. This as a result gives boost to weight loss and high energy.”
6. Improves Health Of Your Skin
Aloe vera gel has become a very common ingredient in beauty products. It helps in soothing and hydrating the skin and is an excellent anti-aging super food. The compounds present in aloe vera gel accelerate regeneration of new skin tissue, as it is rich in amino acids which are the building blocks of our skin. Although external application in forms of creams and lotions is convenient and beneficial but using the aloe vera gel in fresh raw form is much more advantageous.
- It helps improve acne and other skin conditions
- It is a very mild moisturizer ideal for people with sensitive skin
- It helps it treating burns and cuts and is an excellent mark eraser
- Having at least 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel helps find aging, and detoxifies the skin as it keeps the skin young, supple and healthy.
5. Sheds Excess Weight & Keeps The Energy Up
As we have already told before aloe vera gel helps in flushing out the toxins from your body, it is a great aid to regulate your weight and also keeps you feeling energized. The biggest hindrance when trying to lose weight is the toxin build up and even after working out regularly sometimes we don’t get the desired results. Another problem is that if you are eating too little you might feel lethargic and weary all the time.
- Drinking aloe vera juice helps in natural cleansing of our digestive tract, this combats absorption of fats and food substances that make it very difficult to lose the pounds
- When your digestive system does not work properly, your metabolism goes down and your body tries to store whatever energy it can from the food you eat. This stored energy transforms into fat cells.
- The natural carbohydrates present in aloe vera gel provides the body with ample amounts of energy, and you feel fuller for longer
- When our digestive system starts working properly, naturally other systems of the body function well too thus you have more energy.
4. Helps Improve Oral Health
Who doesn’t want shiny white teeth? Our oral health says a lot about the rest of our health. Sometimes a number of factors such as tartar buildup, mouth ulcers or gum diseases can take away the luster of your pearly white. Did you know aloe vera gel is rich in anti microbial and antibacterial properties, and is extremely helpful in maintain the health of your teeth and gums? The vitamins and mineral present in aloe vera gel promote healthy cell growth and heal bleeding gums and help in getting rid of ulcers and oral thrush.
- Drinking aloe vera juice on a regular basis helps promote strong and healthy teeth
- When suffering from gingivitis or any other gum diseases massage your gums with aloe vera gel for instant relief. It also stops the bleeding, while providing soothing relief
- Aloe vera gel is also available in powder and capsule form, you can sprinkle this powder on your tooth brush to promote healthy teeth and gums
- As aloe vera gel is also anti-inflammatory it can be applied topically to cure blisters and canker sores as well.
3. Helps In Ending Constipation & Promoting Digestion
Poor digestion results in a lot of diseases. It also leads to weight gain and lack of energy. Naturally if your digestive system is not working properly it results in wasting of healthy nutrients found in our food. The good nutrients which fail to reach our blood are thus stored in forms of toxins and fat cells in our body. Often these line our intestinal walls and result in unhealthy bowel movement, this can cause constipation and in some cases diarrhea and indigestion. Aloe vera gel is rich in natural fiber and aids in digestion and regular functioning of bowel movement.
- Aloe vera is a natural and subtle laxative, when constipated drink about 2 ounces of aloe vera daily.
- As it is fibrous and gelatinous as it passes through our intestinal system it absorbs the toxins and bacteria lining our intestinal walls and helps in flushing them out.
- It is very helpful to those suffering from duodenal and stomach ulcers, as it heals the ulcers and helps in getting rid of the bacteria in your gut. People suffering from ulcer should have about 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel every morning before breakfast.
“One of the benefits of drinking aloe vera juice is that it helps our body to get rid of the free radical and oxidants which accumulate over time due to poor diet and lifestyle choices.”
2. Helps In Reducing Inflammation
A number of internal problems and diseases can cause parts of our body to become inflamed. Usually we turn towards ANSAIDS or over the counter anti-inflammatory drugs, but they can provide only temporary relief and usually have unavoidable malicious side-effects. Getting rid of the inflammation which can be in joints, liver and in some diseases even in the muscles, tissues or nerves is very difficult and the persistent pain doesn’t let you do anything. Aloe vera gel is rich in anti-inflammatory properties. It is a very commonly used substance in arthritis and anti-inflammatory rub on gels. It has been used as an all natural home remedy to combat inflammation of many types for ages. Drinking aloe vera juice or taking aloe gel can be helpful for those suffering from inflammation of various types
- Arthritis, tendinitis and psoriasis
- Ulcerative colitis
- Cancer patients going through radiation therapy
- Skin abrasion and burns.
1. Helps Fight Signs Of Aging
Aloe vera is a powerhouse of ‘amino acids’, which are the building blocks of our bodies. Of all the amino acids which our body requires to stock up, eight of them are found in the aloe vera gel. Amino acids play a major role in muscle repair and formation and also in regeneration of new cells. They are our body’s fighting mechanism against the wear and tear which happens on a daily basis. Similarly they give boost to our collagen production and elastin repair, these are what keep our skins supple and healthy and keeps the wrinkles from forming.
- Our skin replenishes itself in 21 to 28 days, it is at this time that these building blocks give it the necessary support to keep it from aging
- Just 2 – 4 ounces of this super food daily in any form and it works like your magical elixir against ageing.
We have stated 10 remarkable benefits of drinking aloe juice for you. Most of the benefits of drinking aloe juice are interrelated. Since it is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant will rectify any digestion related issues. This as a result gives boost to weight loss and high energy. So what are you waiting for? Go grab yourself some aloe juice and start taking advantage of these aloe vera juice benefits now!
It’s good To Know
- Aloe vera is available in various forms such as aloe water, juice, capsules and even powder form
- It is best to use fresh organic aloe gel, especially when you want to drink aloe vera
- Aloe gel can be easily extracted by split opening an aloe leaf and scooping out the clear gel from inside.
- You can make aloe juice or aloe water by blending this gel with water, till the gel gets completely dissolved
- There are no side effects of this completely natural herb; however, keep in mind that you will benefit only when maintain a healthy lifestyle along with drinking aloe vera juice.