Stylized, edgy and classic medium bob black hairstyles for black women always make one stand out in a crowd. They bring out a throughout new shiny look in women just like a perfect fashion accessory does.
Each new season the hairstylists surprise us by splendid mix of natural and weave hairstyle for every occasion and event. These hairdos are made to suit every woman in a different way and to make them look beautiful. Different types of haircuts among the natural medium bob hairstyles for black women are being worn. They continue to enchant and beautify any face shape look more glamorous. Below is a comprehensive list of chic, funky and exclusive medium bob hairstyles that will provide you the best opportunity to select a few updos and even what makes hair grow faster to make your look more stunning. Not only does it look uber chic but it is a great hairstyle to wear to any important event, like weddings or celebrity get together.
38. Choppy Bob Hairstyle For Medium Hair
Your elegance in medium bob hairstyle can also be enhanced by just upgrading your medium bob with the choppy finish for the ends. This will make you look classy and adorable in way that you will feel change in your whole personality. This hairstyle works good on oval and round face shapes.
How To Style This Hairstyle: Styling this cute hairstyle is not much of a hard work. It can either go with your look as it is or you can work along with some simple blow drying to add some bounce and volume.
- All it needs is a very gentle hand of blow drying.
- Take out a very small amount of styling crème (of your preference) and add it on to the front portion of your hair. It could be either the bangs or the front edge of the part you prefer.
- Then slowly with the help of a paddle brush, smoothen out the crème using a medium heat blow drying technique.
- After setting up the front, either brush along the rest of the hair or you can use your fingers to create some edge in the hair at the back.
- Finish your work with some setting spray.
- This haircut looks best with oval, heart and round faces.
- Our recommended product for you to help you add some sheer volume to your hair is Paul Mitchell’s Spray Wax.
Quick Link: Cute Hairstyles
37. Fabulous Fridays Hairstyle For Medium Hair
Get this style for your weekend to become invigorating in an awesome way. This hairstyle is amongst the list of trendy medium/short hairstyles for black women. Despite of any face shape, this style will go on every facial cut and hair texture.
How To Style This Hairstyle: This is one beautiful hairstyle and styling isn’t that difficult either. All you need are some basic curling expertise and you are good to go and dazzle the floor. Don’t forget to follow the footprints that we leave behind, in these steps below:
- Take out a nickel size amount of hair styling mousse on your palm and gently wet the tip of your strands. Remember since we are going to curl these one by one so you have to be making portions of your hair strands.
- Next up, heat up the curling iron and leaving just 2cms from the tip of the strand start twirling the hair on to the curler.
- Leave it for 20-30 seconds (or less depending on the texture of your hair) and let the hair loose. The 2cm strand that was left from the bottom adds a really classy edge to the hair.
- Slowly repeat the procedure on the rest of the hair and for the front it is up to you either you wish to add a semi curl or prefer straightening the bangs out.
- Yet again don’t forget to finish off with some goo hair spray.
- The above hairstyle can be flaunted well by oval, triangle, square and heart shaped faces.
- The hairstyle will look great if you can add some extra shine to the strands. We recommend you to use Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine for that subtle and light shine given to your hair.
36. Dare To Be Danica For Medium Hair
This style is one of the cutest funky medium bob braided hairstyles. The fashion forward bangs and the extreme asymmetrical bob extension cut is everything a black woman wants now-a-days for styling. You just need to section out the top middle of the head. Braid hair into 5-6 rows. Sew the extensions to cane rows.
“Haircut is a main element to define your persona. It gives your image a whole new prominence. So it needs to be selected thoughtfully considering your face cuts and personality”
How To Style This Hairstyle: As daring as this hairstyle may be, the styling part can be a little straining. It requires a lot of practice and patience to bring that Danica dare in to your look. But to be precise the steps to be followed are very conventional and routine:
- This hairstyle can be achieved using two different methods.
- Using a straightening iron to add curls.
- Using a ½ inch gold barrel iron to produce curls that are lifted away from the face.
- Depending upon your expertise you can use either of the two tools to produce curls that are swept away from the face towards the crown area. The key is to create a dynamic lifted look on the top and since this is a pixie cut there aren’t many hair to be looking forward to.
- Very neatly add some mousse to the strands and start adding curls. Let the strands stay in place for good 20 seconds and then begin curling the next strand. Remember slow and steady wins the race and here it’s, kills the style.
- The style is worn best on short hair so a slender oval face is best known to rock the look.
- You will have to control any frizzy or rebellious hair on the sides so it is great to use any olive oil based pomade to control the frizz.
35. Sleek Bob For Medium Hair
Want a perfectly attractive classic bob with a heavy side bang? This splendid sleek bob will make you look fabulous and same way a lady with class. Apply a styling cream on towel dried hair. Section off the top of your hair and begin flat ironing hair, make small sections and bend the ends a little. You can also flip back your bangs for a wavy look, plus a small amount of oil can also be applied to mid of your hair just to give them a touch of shine and glimmer. Applying hairspray to the ends will also go for a classic sleeks. This sleek bob will look good on oval, triangle and round shape faces.
How To Style This Hairstyle: This pretty hairstyle is known to swoop any woman of any age and make her look every young and ever graceful. If you wish to cut your hair short and do not want to go over the edge with anything too out on the street, this is the one hairstyle that will never disappoint you. Styling this is also a piece of cake.
- The classic cut requires a classic inward blow dry.
- Apply some matte texturizing powder that will help hair on your crown area to grab some volume and lift as you blow dry.
- Grab your paddle brush and gentle start blow drying towards the inside. The tips of the hair are meant to be folded inwardly, rather outward.
- For a final touch, blow dry your front bangs by lifting the front section up and concentrating on the roots of this section, this gives a handful of bounce to the bangs.
- And to make the look secure, spray with some good flexible holding spray.
- This hairstyle looks good on all face types.
- To have good blow dry means that your hair are not weighed down at any point during the event or meeting that you are attending. For that reason OSiS Dust It mattifying powder helps in keeping the volume of your hair top notch.
34. Blunt Bob With Short Horizontal Bangs
If you want to give yourself a touch of elegance with style, have this beautiful bob haircut. The short bob hairstyles will accentuate your lovely facial features, drawing attention to your eyes, lips and the chin outline. It will certainly be making you salient feature in a gathering.
How To Style This Hairstyle: This Taraji P, slender Bob with those sexy bangs is one hairstyle to eye for. Not only does it look uber chic but it is a great hairstyle to wear to any important event, like weddings or celebrity get together. Again, this hairstyle is more about technique and precision rather than hard core science.
- Start with setting up the parting of your hair that you want to carry in your final look.
- Begin making small portions of hair, add on mousse to the strands and with the help of ¼ inch curling iron add definitive curls to the hair.
- After curling the entire head, slowly push and release the curls strands to give them a lively bounce.
- Finish off with a good shiny spray wax. Don’t forget to add in the bangs in the curling practice.
- This hairstyle works great with faces having a pointed chin, like; oval, triangle, diamond and heart.
- It is great to look after your hair after such strenuous activity, L’Oreal has a wide range of professional hair care shampoos and conditioners that not soften the hair but also protect them from damage caused by excessive styling.
33. Smooth Shoulder Skimming Bob
One of the simplest forms of medium bob homecoming hairstyles for black women! If you observe the evolution of this hairdo, you will notice that starting from this classy asymmetric version with layering through the front pieces; it comes to be a little tapper at the ends. This skimming bob looks extremely gorgeous when done on oval or round faces.
How To Style This Hairstyle: There is no such thing as an untidy haircut. So for this very chic kind of shoulder length layered bob, there are all kinds of styling, from medium curls to beach waves.
- You can always wet your hair by applying a generous amount if mousse and then use a curling iron to add in short length curls to the hair strands.
- Loosen up the curls and you can even brush the curls slightly to add that beachy texture.
- Lock it by spraying it lightly with setting spray and you are good to go.
- Oval, round and square are the best face types for this haircut.
- In order to keep the curls intact for a longer period of time try using Oribe Superfine Strong Hold Hairspray.
“Medium length bobs with bangs look awesome on perfectly smooth and shiny hair. Depending on your style and type of face, the sharpness of a bob haircut may be either accurate or softened with light trimming at the ends”
32. Gorgeous Waves Bob Hairstyle For Medium Hair
If you are looking for volume and grace in your hair, these gorgeous wave hairstyles for medium hair are the perfect choice. An asymmetric bob doesn’t lose its charm even when it’s curly. On the contrary, it makes you look more romantic, tender and approachable. Try this beautiful haircut to get noticed in a bunch of crowd.
How To Style This Hairstyle: The name even suggests that a good work of curls on the haircut will not only add volume but also some fine texture to the hair, itself.
- Start by taking out the parting you are most used to. The start adding small curls to the end of the strands and leave them to settle for a while.
- Next step add in setting spray to finish up the look.
- This medium length bob hairstyle looks perfect on inverted, triangle and oval face types.
- You can always hair gel in the beginning of styling your hair instead of using a setting spray at the end. Short Sexy Hard Up Gel is what we recommend as a great product.
31. Polished Feathering For Medium Hair
Polished feathering comes out to be a particular choice for the ladies who want to give their hair a look of flawlessness and perfection. Here is another sleek bob that additionally integrates a special well decorated and adorned texture and lengthen asymmetrical braids. Elegant yet simplest of medium bob short hairstyles for round faces!
How To Style This Hairstyle: This hairstyle is on point with the most minimum effort required. The very classy polished bob is the trend of 2015. And you might be surprised to know that this gets styled within minutes.
- Grab your favorite bottle of styling gel and add a generous amount on top of our hair and spread It around. Now use the straightening iron to straighten out the rough edges and keep on straightening till you get a very straight and smooth look.
- The other way, is to add in curls with the help of pencil and you can find all kinds of pencil curl tutorials on Youtube (just look around).
- This hairstyle looks fine on slightly slimmer faces, especially on oval, heart shaped and inverted.
- We recommend the same Short Sexy Hard Up Gel to add in volume and shine to the hair.
30. Creamy Asymmetrical Bob For Medium Hair
This is a very showy modern version of a bob haircut: one side reaches the chin point and the other touches your collarbone. These medium bangs can be styled straight or curled and flicked impressively.
How To Style This Hairstyle: This sassy hairstyle is going to get the people around on toes. Just a little touch of even more class and you are always ready to break some stares.
- Use your straightening iron to add that crazy tilted waves at the end of your strands.
- Specially cruise a wave on your bangs using the straightening iron.
- Best facet types for this hairstyle are round, square and heart shaped.
- The Prive Texture Spray being light as feather will not add weight to your hair and will work towards to add the glamour and shine to it.
29. Stunning Inverted Bob For Black Women
This inverted bob displaying form of texture at the back of your neck and emphasizing the beauty of your neckline. It works awesome for slim ladies having thick hair. The effect can be enhanced or made breathtaking if it’s complemented with successfully selected hair dye.
How To Style This Hairstyle: This sexy inverted bob will make heads turn with a great selection of base and ombre color. It is better to have a good hairstylist for consultation and dying.
- Great colored hair then needs a good hand of blow drying.
- Inverted bobs are very classy and a good and subtle blow dry is what it needs to finish off a great look.
- For inverted bob hairstyle, it is great if you have inverted or oval face type.
- Redken Rewind is one hell of a product to add volume and charisma to your hair.
28. Awesome Sew-in Bob
When going to party, try this medium bob hairstyle in a way that it looks very natural and you can wear it temporarily if you do not want to cut, relax and dye your natural hair. Its fluent lines and edgy contours are excellent ideas to go for real cuts as well. Red ombre hair will certainly add sauce to your beauty.
How To Style This Hairstyle: Have you seen this beautiful haircut lately? Well we suggest you should be picking up a date with your hairstylist as soon as possible because this is a killer haircut and we are damn sure this is on fire when it comes to styling it in short amount of time.
- Not only does it look crazy but it will give a fresh air streak to your inner rebellion.
- Adding in ombre shades to the top portion f your hair will be a great way to kick some judgmental butt.
- This hairstyle looks best on chubbier faces and sharp jaw lines. Oval, heart shaped and inverted are the best out of the lot.
- Redken’s Water Wax is a great product to smoothen out the dry edges and add volume and shine.
27. Sparkle Medium Bob Hairstyle For Black Women
Don’t ever forget that a haircut is your face frame, and it should be ideal in its shape. This medium bob is exquisitely terrific in its shape. It illuminates your complexion and especially the eyes which look more sparkling due to this spectacular style.
How To Style This Hairstyle: This medium bob is a very mature kind of a haircut and for this a classic blow dry is what you should go for. Being of a slightly shorter length, curls wouldn’t be too much of a great option. Go for something that adds volume to the short hair.
- This hairstyle is made for oval, round and square face types.
- Redken’s Water Wax helps add shine without adding too much grease to the hair. Hence, recommended!
26. Glamorous Diva Bob Hairstyle
The glamorous diva is a kind of unique medium bob hairstyles for black women. This short plus medium bob looks fantastic, and is more refined hairstyle to make you look outstanding and confident when in public. This hairstyle is best suited to oval shaped faces.
How To Style This Hairstyle: Did you read ‘Diva’ in the title? Hell yeah babe, you did. Diva is something that every woman dreams of and it’s not that hard to achieve the Diva look.
- You need a good mousse, some bobby pins and a hand of blow dry.
- You don’t need a proper blow dry done for this one. Just runs fingers through your hair as you’re in the drying process.
- Later, tie up your hair below the crown area with the help of bobby pins allowing some strands to fall through.
- With this much effort you just achieved the Diva look, in no time.
- This smart haircut looks best on heart shaped, round and square face types.
- Kerastase Nacre wax from the Nutritive line is suited best for weak and dry hair.
Quick Link: Bridesmaid Hairstyles
25. Graduated Bob For Black Women
Ideally sleek bob that demonstrates the perfection of your medium haircut! Locks are centre-parted and graduated in medium angled layers at front. Your freely-hanging tresses are medium enough to reach the shoulders.
How To Style This Hairstyle: If a haircut gets on the list on our Diva Rihanna it sure is to go crazy viral with women demanding their hairstylists to bring that charm on to their faces just like Rihanna.
- Glam up like a doll with straight shiny hair created with the help of a good straightening iron.
- Don’t forget to use a good product on your hair before you do the extensive straightening regime.
- Just like Rihanna, faces that are oval and heart shaped look great with this haircut.
- Use Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Paste to keep the edges of the hair strands smooth and straight.
24. Slightly Angled Symmetric Medium Lob
One of the funky medium hairstyle for black women! Get ready to show off this smart partially tilted bob that brings out the shine and strength of your gorgeous thick hair. It will make your hair look graceful in terms of volume.
How To Style This Hairstyle: This is one hell of a crazy ride of a haircut and by adding some crazy curls to it will glam up the entire look. Curled angled symmetrical cut is best worn on weddings and red carpet events.
- Prep-up the hair with a good hair wax or gel.
- Use a gold rod curling iron to accentuate the texture of the hair and to add volume to the crazy curls.
- Finish off with a good gush of setting spray.
- Sexy oval and inverted triangle faces are the lucky ones for this hair cut.
- Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Hairspray is what will keep your curls tamed and in control for a longer period of time.
23. Medium Bob In Fluffy Curls
This style can easily be carried and you will see other girls copying your style, just be sure to take care of the basic haircut. A medium bob will just do fine when you go for basic hairdo. This hairstyle comes in the list of an elegant medium bob style.
How To Style This Hairstyle: This sexy 50s-60s hairstyle is what your Momma used to rock when she was of your age. This time is yours and this fluff curls haircut is going to bring back the golden era, through you.
- Fluff up your hair by adding a good styling mousse and run a blow dry over it to slightly blend the mousse.
- Next with a thick rod curling iron add in curls to the strands, or you can even use the conventional method of using curlers to set in the old aged curls if you have more time on your hands.
- Heart shaped, square and round are best for this haircut.
- Grooming Cream by Privé is a much lighter version and avoids adding grease to your hair.
22. Lightly Curled Medium Bob
This lightly curled medium bob looks adorable on oval shaped faces. Lightly curled medium bobs are one of the softest and simplest hairstyle and shows off the bulkiness of your hair. You just have to add curls at the ends of your medium bobs to get originality in your looks and thus getting noticed in any occasion. Make sure not to curl your hair too higher to get a better curl on the ends of hair. Certainly a fantastic choice in medium bob hairstyles for black women!
How To Style This Hairstyle: Diva Rihanna has definitely given her female fans a lot to follow this year and women have been crazy after her new look. It seems she had flaunted more looks this year than her songs. For this Curled Medium bob follow the steps believe to achieve the look.
- Use a medium barrel gold curling iron to add in tighter curls to the strands.
- Start by prepping up your hair with styling gel or wax according to your hair type and then keep on adding curls from front to back.
- For added volume, tease the upper crown to create a thicker, fuller look.
- Oval, inverted triangle, look best with this haircut.
- Shine Spray by Privé locks and seals the look for you.
21. Mid Length Bob With Textured Ends
We have already seen a chic bob haircut of famous personalities and to access all this comforts of styling. It takes a simple bob with shoulder skimming, and the ends are made highly textured to get these indulgent bouncy curls.
How To Style This Hairstyle: Not everyone is easy getting a short bob or even a Pixie, mostly women prefer getting a medium length bob and it actually redefines your feminine streak. For a mid-length bob it is great to add in some texture to the end of the hair strands.
- This way an outward blow dry adds some layers to the freshly chopped hair.
- It also adds dimension and volume to normally flattened hair.
- It is great for square and round faces to get a mid-length bob, it suits them.
- Here again Shine Spray by Privé can be used to add shine to the hair post blow drying.