To be able to crash on your bed the moment you reach home or get done with your daily chores is a blessing. But to fall asleep with ease is another story. Blessed are the people who are able to welcome their midnight’s sleep earlier without having to wait for it for hours. Not being able to sleep straight on for days is treated like a symptom for another disease that might be hiding and concealing itself.
Temporary nights of restlessness and sleep deprivation are countered to be a byproduct of daily stress or problems in life. You keep on thinking of the situations you might be in or intend to be in, in the near future. The thinking takes up all the time that your mind requires to relax in order to function at its best, the next morning.
Many insomniacs suffer from inability to give their, if not 100 then at least 75-80% effort in whatever they do. Employees find it really difficult to comprehend the tasks assigned to them after a night with sleeplessness. Coffee and caffeine in many ways tries to kick start the brain but how long do you intend to keep the cycle going in this manner? There are many signs and symptoms to look out for in order to judge the level of sleep hindrance there is that is affecting you and your sleep patterns. The next step is to find remedies or medical intervention in order to sort things out. The sooner the better, many insomniacs prefer letting the situation be and realize it on a later stage that they have prolonged the matter and now the situation needs some serious medical intervention.
Scientists and doctors have done numerous research on the causes and effects s well as cure for insomnia. There are three basic types of insomnia for people who suffer from it to understand the severity of it. The stage helps you work your way to relieve the stress and make changes accordingly.
Chronic Insomnia is the most severe of conditions where the affected person suffers from sleeplessness or restlessness for duration of over three weeks. At times this kind of insomnia requires careful medical intervention and is suggested to be a symptom for some other medical problem.
Short-term insomnia as the name suggests, is a short term stage of insomnia that is above a one week mark but below the alarming three week duration. However, it still manages to disturb the routine sleep pattern of the individual. The major cause of such insomnia could be associated with the level of stress in the individual’s life and has been found to vanish as the source of stress disappears.
Transient or temporary insomnia occurs only for a matter of a few nights and could be because of situations like jet lag, excessive workout, too much of caffeine or a change of place or environment.
Though, there are different forms and levels of insomnia but it is always suggested to lookout for self in order to not only protect self from bigger problems but to enhance the ability to work in a better manner. For those who are suffering from the pressures of insomnia Yoga (Kundalini Yoga) has been suggested as one of the best and he most reliable cures.
4. Benefits Of Yoga
Yoga is known to distress the body and help evaporate negative thoughts and vibes from within the body. Most yogis emphasize about the soothing and calming properties of Yoga. Many people find it difficult to adapt to yoga, as they believe it is all about stretching the body parts and putting self into difficult positions. However, it is not just about stretching and toning the body, it is also about manipulating the brain through careful breathing patterns and learning to love self with the aid of Yoga. There are numerous benefits of Yoga that help you not just maintain a healthy lifestyle through weight loss and workout but to also improve various other aspects of how to live a better life. It helps increase the overall flexibility of the body, so when you think where on Earth do these yogis get the strength from? Remember that it isn’t a matter of a night, but rather an effort of many tiring sessions that they have reached this point of flexibility and experience. Yoga is also researched to help maintain an overall positive energy around you and your circle. It has been noticed that it helps maintain a healthy and active rate of metabolism. Numerous ‘Asans’ that come under the reign of yoga also require you to control the rate and level of your breathing pattern and this is where you learn to induce patience in your lifestyle and try to distress yourself.
There are numerous benefits of Yoga that help you not just maintain a healthy lifestyle through weight loss and workout but to also improve various other aspects of how to live a better life. It helps increase the overall flexibility of the body, so when you think where on Earth do these yogis get the strength from? Remember that it isn’t a matter of a night, but rather an effort of many tiring sessions that they have reached this point of flexibility and experience. Yoga is also researched to help maintain an overall positive energy around you and your circle. It has been noticed that it helps maintain a healthy and active rate of metabolism. Numerous ‘Asans’ that come under the reign of yoga also require you to control the rate and level of your breathing pattern and this is where you learn to induce patience in your lifestyle and try to distress yourself.
In the everyday grind of life there’s too much to think of, decide and plan out but sparing just 15 minutes out of the schedule will not move you away or lessen your pace for the day, rather it will boost your overall energy to perform these tasks with efficiency and optimum precession. For the insomniacs who have too much of time on their hands when they finally rest their heads on the pillow, this short and simple 12 minute Yoga routine will not just initiate a path towards sound and active sleeping but will also help get off track from restlessness and sleep deprivation.
3. Yoga For Insomnia
The study requires the individual to carry on this practice of performing special Kundalini yoga for a period of 8 weeks (2 months). The routine is t be strictly followed for an hour prior to the bedtime. This is basically a breathing exercise that also incorporates the presence of the person’s mind and thoughts.
The technique is to call on the brain back to assuring the rate and pace of your breathing when you sense that you are being wandered away by your own thoughts. This is an amazing way to distress and declutter your mind of useless problems.
“There are many signs and symptoms to look out for in order to judge the level of sleep hindrance there is that is affecting you and your sleep patterns. Many insomniacs prefer letting the situation be and realize it on a later stage that they have prolonged the matter and now the situation needs some serious medical intervention.”
2. Steps For Performing Kundalini Yoga
You as participants need to follow the following procedure of breathing and movement exercises in order to successfully complete the 12 minutes routine.
- The initial warm-up requires you to inhale for 4 seconds, hold your breath for duration of 16 seconds and then exhale the built-up breath for 2 seconds. The most important thing for the warm-up, as well as for the rest of the exercise is to remain seated with an erected but relaxed spine.
- This technique of slow inhale, hold and rapid exhale is to be followed for 1 to 3 minutes. We are giving a minimum to maximum time limit according to beginners and expert level.
- The next step to follow is to extend the arms in air following almost a 60° stretch with palms facing the roof/sky, upwards. This step lasts between 3 to 5 minutes.
- The next step brings the arms to a horizontally stretched position with the palms flat and facing the Earth, downwards. You are subjected to practice this position for 5 to 7 minutes.
- The second last step brings the palms together and joins them for duration of 7 to 9 minutes.
- Finally, bring your arms to a resting position on the laps keeping in mind that you place your right palm on top of the left, with the thumbs overlapping each other. This s the final step where you reach the 9 to 12 minutes mark.
This 11-12 minute mantra also involves a simple and deep mantra to be followed along with controlling your breath. Practicing the mantra as passed on by the experts might require you to work a little harder, but in our opinion one can always listen to their inner voices and create their own mantra when needed. Being creative is what really makes us different from the rest. Kundalini yoga helps freshen the senses and normalize imbalanced breathing routine. Many a time, we ignore a lot of symptoms that our body gives away, where prioritizing work more than health is the root cause of increased levels of hypertension, anxiety, depression and chronic heart diseases. Paying no attention to insomnia or restlessness in sleep not only aggravates the issue but also diminishes one’s power to control the mind and the body.
1. Benefits Of Kundalini Yoga
As mentioned before, Yoga is not just exercise or workout it is a complete lifestyle. Usually yogis are referred to be more like hippies, but this isn’t really true. Yoga lightens up the body, mind and soul, energizes the aura with positive and illuminating aura, and creates new spaces for happiness and opportunities.
- Kundalini Yoga is not only a breathing exercise but is also a body and mind purification technique, practiced for centuries.
- The energy that is known to be generated through it has been known to travel from the spine all the way up to the pineal gland. This is how you find it easier to control your emotions while you filter the thoughts that produce satisfaction and comfort and not hate or regret.
- World renowned Yogis consider following Kundalini Yoga to be a matter of soothing the heart.
- The energy follows a stream of flowing through the hands, the eyes, and even the voice.
- When practiced in groups, it has been found that it brings more positivity amongst the group members.
- In order to avail greater benefit from this technique follow the instruction, as it is.
- The method is to be followed for 8 weeks time.
- It is important not to skip a night in-between as it causes addition of a broken link and hinders the creation of an overall positive cycle.
- Try and bring happiness to not only your own life but also in the lives of the people who are around you. If you and your spouse or any other family member or friend suffers from the problem of insomnia, go on and pass on this amazing information to them.