Hyperuricemia is the situation when the level of uric acid increases in the blood. The level of uric acid increases due to the situation when excretion decreases through kidneys or the body produces uric acid. What is uric acid? Uric acid is a compound composed of nitrogen, oxygen, carbon and hydrogen that is produced in our body. High uric acid is behind the other physical disorders like kidney stones, gouty arthritis, renal failure and many others. It can cause cardiovascular disease and hypertension. There are several factors that are behind the high level of uric acid. A person should not intake the food that provides sufficient amount of purines that can be broken down into uric acid. On the other hand excess of alcohol in the body can ruin the functions of kidney and renal insufficiently. Uric acid crystals can also cause diseases like gout in body. There are several factors that cause the disorder including under active thyroid, endocrine, genetics, obesity, diabetes and some other physical problems. Certain medications like chemotherapy and diuretics, crash dieting and fasting can enhance the level of uric acid. Try to avoid foods that are high in uric acid. Here are some natural ways that can help you in controlling the uric acid level.
Drinking water is very beneficial for controlling the high uric acid levels. Drink water or other drinks that don’t contain alcohol because alcohol can increase the uric acid levels in your body. Drinking plenty of water helps to maintain uric acid level. You can check your uric acid levels by visiting your doctor for a urine or blood test. Regularly, drinking water you can reduce the high uric acid levels. It helps to stimulate the kidney to reduce excess amounts of urine and dilute the uric acid from the body.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of plenty water throughout the day to reduces the chance of uric acid crystals in the body.
- Take more fluids and include fresh fruit juices in your daily diet.
- Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water decrease the risk of high uric acid levels.
- Water flushes out excess amount of uric acid and harmful toxins from the body.
19. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a natural detoxifier and cleanser that helps to remove toxins and wastes like uric acid from the body. Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid that helps to eliminate uric acid. This vinegar provides antioxidant and anti-inflammatory welfare. It also restores alkaline acid balance in the body. Also try to avoid unhealthy foods or foods high in uric acid.
- Add 1 teaspoon of organic, unpasteurized, raw apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.
- Drink this water twice or thrice times in a day.
- Add three teaspoons of vinegar in eight ounces of water, drink this water 2-3 times in a day to maintain the uric acid level.
You can also increase the amount of apple vinegar up to 2 spoons in one glass of water and reduce the high uric acid levels from the body with the help of Apple cider vinegar.
Don’t take excess amounts of Apple cider vinegar because it can increase the level of potassium in the body.
Cherries contain anthocyanis which have anti-inflammatory properties that helps to control the uric acid levels. Cherries also defuse the acids and prevent from pain and inflammation that is due to high uric acid. Two hundred grams of cherries in one day is very effective and beneficial to control the high uric acid level. Cherries contain such chemicals that help to maintain the uric acid level.
- For controlling the high uric acid eat one or half cup of cherries daily and also drink tart cherry juice four times in a week.
- After a few weeks you will see your normal uric acid.
- Tart cherry juice contains a large amount of antioxidants and melatonin that helps to reduce inflammation, stops the formation of uric acid crystals and support natural sleep function.
- Cherries contain fiber as well as Vitamin C. Vitamin C is very effective to reduce uric acid levels.
17. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice stimulates the making of calcium carbonate that neutralizes uric acid. Lemon juice makes the body more acidic. Lemon juice also contains Vitamin C that helps to maintain uric acid level.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Take the juice of one lemon into one glass of water.
- Drink this mixture of water and lemon in the early morning on an empty stomach.
You will feel relief from uric acid problems after using this water.
To maintain uric acid levels avoids to drinking tea and take juice of one lemon in one glass of water. It will act on the kidney directly and flush out the excess amount of uric acid. After using it, you will notice the difference.
16. Dark Chocolate, Cocoa
Some people believe that chocolate is among the foods high in uric acid which is totally wrong. The Use of dark chocolate is very beneficial for the treatment of high uric acid. According to Health Insurance Company cocoa and dark chocolate have such properties that help to maintain uric acid level in the body.
- Eat dark chocolate daily in some amount.
- Include it in your diet for reducing the uric acid level.
15. Baking Soda
Baking soda also called bicarbonate. Baking soda is very beneficial for controlling the uric acid level and balance the natural alkaline in the body. Baking soda makes the uric acid soluble and easier to reduce from the kidney.
- Mix half teaspoons of baking soda in one glass of water and drink this water four times in a day and use it for two weeks.
- Take half teaspoon of baking soda and two tablespoons of lemon juice, add this mixture in eight ounces of water.
- Drink this mixture. It has no flavor.
- This water helps to maintain the uric acid level in the body.
Don’t take baking soda regularly because it can cause high blood pressure. Older people should not take this drink more than three glasses daily.
14. Olive Oil
Olive oil is very effective for controlling the uric acid level. Olive oil consists of monounsaturated fats remain constant when heated. It has antioxidants and vitamin E which is very beneficial to control the high uric acid in the body. You can use it in salad dressings or for tossing veggies or pasta. According to scientific evidence it has proved that olive oil or olive leaves are best for uric acid patients. It also helps prevent the formation of uric acid crystals in your body.
- Include olives in your diet.
- Pour a little amount of olive oil in your salad as dressing.
- A teaspoon of olive oil daily can help you in reducing level of uric acid in the body.
13. French Bean Juice
French bean juice is another effective and beneficial home remedy for the cure of uric acid. The healthiest juice of French beans can be used two times in a day for treating high uric acid or gout treatment. It is amazing that French beans are rich in purine which helps to cure high uric acid as well as treating gout pain. Gout pain is due to high uric acid.
- Take half cup of French bean juice and use it every day in morning for maintaining uric acid levels in the body.
- This juice is the best home remedy which controls uric acid and stop formation of uric acid crystals.
“The high level of uric acid is very harmful for the health. It can be treated with home remedies and with some prevention because “prevention is better than cure”. These are the best natural ways to treat the disorder effectively.”
The Berries are very useful to control the high uric acid. Blueberries and strawberries have anti-inflammatory properties that are beneficial for uric acid patients.
- Patients of uric acid should include berries in their regular diet.
- The juice of black cherries is very famous to reduce uric acid levels in the body.
11. Vegetable Juices
Vegetable juices are very famous for medicinal and highly nutrition because these juices help in treating many disorders and diseases of the body. For reduce uric acid level mixture of two or more juices is very effective.
- Take hundred milliliters of beet juice, three hundred milliliters juices of carrot and hundred milliliters of cucumber juice.
- Mix these all juices and drink several times in a day.
These juices have no side effects. You can drink these juices without fearing. Vegetable juices have such properties that can treat numerous diseases.
10. High-Fiber Foods And Starchy Carbohydrates
It is important to avoid foods high in uric acid and eat healthy foods. High fiber foods are famous for treating the high uric acid. All doctors advise to uric acid patients to eat starchy carbohydrates and high- fiber food. Apples, Oranges, whole grains, strawberries and pears are famous examples of high fiber foods. Examples of Starchy carbohydrate foods are whole grain pasta, rice, bananas, oats, tapioca, potato and quinoa. These foods contain only a small amount of the purine
- Drink green papaya tea to prevent the high uric acid and treat other problems like gout, which are due to high uric acid.
- The green papaya has such properties that act as an anti-inflammatory and helps the body to maintain an alkaline state.
9. A Low-Purine Diet
Purines are usually found in animal proteins. This compound contains nitrogen that break the increasing level of uric acid in the body. These are found in animal protein such as organ meat, meats, poultry and fish. Mushrooms, Yeast, beans, asparagus and legumes are also rich with purine. Beer also has a large quantity of purine that is very beneficial for the uric acid patients.
- You should take these foods that contain all these purine.
- You should eat vegetables, lean meat and white meat.
8. Dairy Products
Dairy products are found best for controlling high uric acid. Keep in mind that these dairy products should be low fats otherwise it will be harmful. High fat dairy products can be included in foods high in uric acid list. Skim milk contains orotic acid that reduces the re-absorption of uric acid and removes from the kidney. Dairy products and low fat milk have been related to lower plasma concentration and decrease the risk of uric acid as well as gout.
- Drink skim milk on a daily basis. Use one to five cup daily is very beneficial for your health.
- Also include other dairy products and low fat yogurt in your daily diet.
Don’t drink soy milk if you are patient of uric acid because it increases the uric acid level.
7. Wheat Grass Juice
Wheat grass juice is a good source for attaining amino acids and proteins instead to eat animal proteins. It also helps to balance the alkalinity in the blood, which is very effective for uric acid patient. It is also found very effective in getting rid of uric acid crystals. Wheat grass juice contains a huge amount of chlorophyll, Phytochemicals and Vitamin C that helps to reduce uric acid.
- Simply mixed two tablespoons of wheat grass juice with lemon juice and use it daily until your uric acid level comes normal.
- It is highly beneficial for treating the uric acid.
6. Tomatoes, Broccoli, And Cucumbers
Tomatoes, broccoli and cucumber are vegetables that you must include in your diet. Tomatoes are best to lowest the uric acid level. Fresh tomato balances the alkaline in the body. Eat fresh tomatoes but, don’t eat too much tomatoes because eat large amount of tomatoes can harm kidneys. These food are amazing in preventing from gout and formation of uric acid crystals in your body.
- Eat fresh tomato to reduce uric acid level.
- Tomato juice is very beneficial for this purpose.
Banana is also a very famous home remedy for the treatment of high uric acid level in the body.
- Only eat eight or nine bananas every day.
- Continue this process for three to four days.
- You will feel relief and alleviate the inflammation and swelling of joints which caused by high uric acid.
Banana is the super energy food that is full of curative and wonderful healing properties. It consist a large amount of minerals and essential vitamins that are necessary to improve overall body health and keep your body healthy and strong as well as lower the level of uric acid. Bananas have large amount of potassium which alkalize the urine and blood and control the formation of uric acid. To keep the normal uric acid eats bananas on a regular basis.
Garlic is beneficial for almost all diseases and has superb medicinal properties. Garlic contains a huge amount of fiber, minerals and vitamins and rich in sulphur which are very essential for regulates the uric acid level.
- Garlic also decreases the large amount of uric acid in the blood.
- Eat two garlic cloves with water early morning.
3. Antioxidant-Rich Foods
Vegetables and foods as tomatoes, broccoli, grapes, blue berries and red bell are contains large amount of antioxidant vitamins which are very beneficial for control the high uric acid level. These foods have no side effect.
- Eat food that contains antioxidants.
- Some vitamins are helpful for this purpose.
Guava has heaps of curative and medicinal qualities. Guava is extremely useful for uric acid patients because it helps to lower the uric acid level. Guava also rich with Vitamin C which prevents increase uric acid levels and reduce the uric acid crystals.
- Eat fresh guava on a daily basis.
- It will help to lower your uric acid level and make you healthy person.
1. Green Tea
Green tea contains catechin that is a group of natural chemicals. Catechin contains antioxidant properties. When you drink a cup of green tea the catechins in green tea slow the effect of just those enzymes and hence uric acid reduced from the body.
Researchers concluded that there are dozens of benefits of green tea which can also increase bone mineral density.
- Take green tea on regular basis to reduce the amount of uric acid.
- A diet chart for uric acid patient must contain 2 or 3 cup of green tea in a day.
- Eat Food that contains Vitamin C preferably citrus fruits.
- Eat high fiber food to increase the metabolism.
- Do exercise and workout daily.
- Reduce your weight because obesity is the main cause of uric acid.
- Eat food that contains antioxidants
- Drink liquid as much you can preferably water.
- Do not eat bakery items.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid eating plenty of sweets and sugar.
- Do not use plenty of salt in your diet.