8 out of 10 headaches are migraines and the pain bearer does not know it. You can easily alleviate the migraines by a number of home remedies.
Migraines are the form of headaches. Headaches are basically pain in any part of the head. The migraine symptoms include severe pain in half of the head. Some migraines are so intense that the migraine bearer cannot control itself and ultimately results in banging the head on several places as the pain becomes unbearable. As soon as the pain starts, you should take into account certain home remedies which will help relieve the symptoms. Read further to know those home remedies.
8. Lavender oil
- Lavender oil is the home remedy which has been used for years for many health problems including severe headaches.
- For migraines, a few drops are added to boiling water and the vapors are inhaled. The first time you use it, it will be a relief to your sinuses as well as to the migraine pain itself.
- Lavender oil can also be applied externally, unlike other aroma oils. It is perfectly safe to apply without any side effects. And if you experience intense migraines, using lavender oil externally on the head will benefit you more in reducing migraine symptoms.
- Lavender oil has dilating properties. It actually dilates the blood vessels in the head, the constriction of which causes migraines. The dilation of the vessels ensures more blood flow and makes the blood to circulate easily and without any obstruction.
7. Peppermint oil
- Oil with healing properties is the peppermint oil. It helps to relieve the migraines.
- All you have to do is to smell it. This oil has the properties which constrict and dilate the blood vessels in the head. The dilation and constriction of the vessels help in a smooth blood flow in the vessels which help in relieve of the pain.
- The peppermint oil also helps to open the sinuses, thus more oxygen enters the blood stream relieving the pain fast and easing the migraine symptoms.
6. Basil oil
- Basil is a powerful and strong smelling plant. It can provide an effective migraine relief.
- It has been used for centuries as a muscle relaxer. It relaxes the muscle and thus all the pain in the head that is caused by tension of stressed muscles is easily relieved by a light massage of the oil.
- Basil oil and the leaf itself is nowadays commonly used in flavorings of pizzas and pastas. It can be consumed orally and can be applied topically for migraine relief.
5. Diet fixes
- Diet changes vary from person to person. Sometimes the same chocolate may cause a migraine in one person, while it may relieve the other person of the migraine pain.
- Every person knows his or her body the best. You might know the foods that trigger your migraine pain. While there might be other foods which help you to keep the pain at bay.
- Those foods which cause the pain may be avoided. These may be some dairy products, beans, avocados, wine and certain foods that contain MSG monosodium glutamate.
- Some vegetables like onions and avocados trigger migraines in some people. Those people must avoid these vegetables to ease migraine symptoms.
4. Scalp massage
- Scalp Massage on a daily basis is very effective for migraine patients.
- Just warm any of the oils mentioned above, and massage your Occipital nerve area for five to ten minutes. This will prevent further migraines and will help to get instant migraine relief.
- Massaging is a technique which was used by certain ancient civilizations for many body ailments.
- Massaging helps relax the muscles and provide adequate blood flow to the nerves of the brain and nervous system.
3. Fiver few
- Fiver few is a floral plant that is used to treat fevers and headaches.
- In the 1980s it was researched on in Great Britain and it was found that the people who consumed Fiver few regularly had reduced pain during the migraine attacks.
- There is another herb named as white willow. Fiver few if consumed with that herb acts as the aspirin and thins the blood thus making it easier to transport blood and provide migraine relief.
2. Flax seeds
- Flaxseeds are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which are necessary for many body functions.
- You can either use flaxseed oil, or use ground flaxseeds.
- If you are pregnant, you must consult your doctor before consuming flaxseeds.
- Flaxseeds should be consumed in specific amounts and should not be over dosed.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are very good for transporting the blood as it ensures good blood flow. It thus reduces the risk of migraines and eases migraine symptoms.
- Buckwheat is cultivated in great numbers because of its seeds, which look like grains.
- The Mayan Dynasty had been using buckwheat for treating migraines and clotted blood in the body.
- Buckwheat has excellent anti-inflammatory properties which makes it perfect remedy for migraine relief.
- Flavonoids and inflammation have been associated by Taiwan to be directly related to migraines.
- Buckwheat was first discovered by the Mayan Dynasty and then by some people in the rural areas of Taiwan.
- Its regular consumption results in reduced migraines and headaches.
Migraines if not dealt on time may become very painful and dangerous. They may cause any nerve or blood vessel to burst inside and it may be fatal. If such easy and effective remedies of migraines are available, one should not take chance and should make use of these remedies. These remedies are not an alternative to any medicine, but if you have the migraine disease from a long time, then giving it a try for your own relief is no harm.