Dry hair, dull hair, split ends and rough hair; all of them succumb to one major problem i.e. damaged hair. Women of all ages from teenagers to the ones in their late adolescence have been widely complaining about such a problem and have been searching for proper solutions. Some of them find solace in expensive shampoos and commercial hair products that are sold in the market whereas, some fall prey to various hair treatments such as rebounding, extenso and so on. However, what they don’t tend to realize is that giving up to such expensive remedies that produce temporary results are completely useless and they should confine themselves to those which provide them with long lasting consequences.
Using home remedies for treating damaged hair is a wise and sensible decision adopted by some women but it needs to be bought under consideration by all. Neither are they immensely expensive and nor do they require any sort of hassle. Moreover, they wouldn’t even turn out to be time consuming and can be put to work in spare time. Dear ladies, below are quite a number of home remedies that have been gathered for you for the purpose of curing damaged hair and which will turn out to be extremely helpful for you by producing the best results at the end.
15. Butter Massage
Butter is a dairy product that is produced from milk or fermented cream. It contains loads of milk proteins and is a vital element present on the breakfast table, without which breakfast seems incomplete. Moreover, it’s used as a complimentary product along with toasts and bread and can be used as a substitute for cheddar cheese or pure cheese cubes. Just the sight of freshly toasted and sweetly smelt toast with butter of one of my favorite brands smeared across it, makes my mouth utterly watery! Anyway moving on, butter can be used as a home remedy to treat brittle and damaged hair to add extra glow and shine to them. Learn how to repair damaged hair using butter this way:
- Massaging a chunk of butter over dry hair.
- Next, leaving it on the hair for no more than 30 minutes.
- Later, rinsing it off with normal shampoo.
As most of you would be aware of the fact that eggs aren’t only good to eat but good to use as beauty agents as well. An intake of eggs is considered as vital for health, similarly they’re known to be vital for a better skin and hair too. Eggs contain various vitamins and minerals that work for this purpose and provide good and long lasting results. They help one in getting rid of a dark toned skin or even skin blemishes and combat against hair damage. If you’re wondering how to fix damaged hair, just try this remedy. There are various ways in which eggs can be used to cure damaged hairs which are listed below.
- A soul use of egg whites can be considered for moisturizing the hair and adding shine to them.
- Eggs can be mixed with olive oil to get rid of dry and brittle hair.
- Eggs can be mixed with yoghurt to make a natural conditioner and help reduce roughness.
- Coconut oil along with olive oil and honey can be added with the eggs and applied on dry hair for smooth and silky hair.
13. Curry Leaves
Curry leaves aren’t just good to taste but known to be real well in curing damaged hair. Now you won’t be underestimating them as just another dried leaves lying somewhere in your kitchen cabinet unattended as you’ll learn the benefits they possess by reading along. Curry leaves consist of calcium, vitamins, phosphorous and iron that help in getting rid of dull and heat damaged hair and help in providing you with the most beautiful looking hair ever. All you need to do is,
- Heat coconut oil.
- Add 5 curry leaves in it.
- Let the oil cool down and massage it over the hair.
- Later, wash it off after 15 minutes.
12. Fenugreek seeds
Most of you ladies would be familiar with fenugreek seeds as your savior to add a zestful taste to your dish and consequently, the flavor it provides is loved by all. Moreover, fenugreek seeds consist of hair conditioning properties which help in treating dull and dry hair naturally. If you’re wondering how to repair damaged hair quickly, this remedy is very amazing for you. They are to be soaked in water overnight and later crushed into a thick paste later in the morning. This paste can be directly applied to the scalp but there’s another paste that can be prepared which is described in the following steps.
- Mix olive oil, yoghurt and honey into the fenugreek seeds paste that has been prepared.
- Next, gently apply it all over the scalp.
- Later, rinse off the hair with cold water.
Dear readers, from now on tea won’t be your companion only in the morning or evening but when you’re sad because of your dull and damaged hair too. It’ll provide you with a virtual shoulder to let go off your despair and will act as an agent to help combat against damaged hair. It’ll provide an instant and natural shine and glow to your hair after giving a final rinse to the shampooed hair. Make sure to use it if you’re wondering how to fix damaged hair. However, it enhances hair color so beware of using black tea on your blonde locks or you’ll end up getting half blond and half black hair.
After reading further you’ll treat mayonnaise nicer and carefully then before as it works against damaged hair. While eating a sandwich or burger you might have noticed greasy white mayonnaise falling off from inside, it’s an ingredient added in them to enhance their taste. What most of you might not know would be that mayonnaise is filled with loads of proteins and makes the hair soft, shiny and healthy. It is an effective remedy especially for heat damaged hair. All you need to do is,
- Take half a cup of mayonnaise.
- Next, massage it on your scalp and hair.
- Later, rinse it off after 30 minutes.
9. Honey Hair Mask
All hail the Lord for making honey bees and for honey bees to produce sweet honey. Doesn’t it sound uncanny as to how can a small bee produce loads of honey which is used for various purposes. It’s used for culinary purposes and is added as a main ingredient in sweet dishes, however it’s used solely too. Honey plays a major role in all sorts of home remedies from providing against cough, natural facial and damaged hair. It surely nourishes the hair and you can learn how to repair damaged hair this way:
- Combine olive oil and honey.
- Apply the mask prepared on the hair.
- Shampoo your hair after half an hour of time.
Avocado is your answer to how to get rid of dry hair. I’m sure that until now most of you didn’t know that the key to beautiful undamaged hair was in your fruit basket! But no worries as you’re definitely aware of it now. Avocado is a fruit that is filled with many vitamins and minerals that will help against dry and dull hair and help bring shine in them again. Moreover, it’s a best treatment for dry hair and if someone asks you how to fix damaged hair, just suggest these avocado remedies.
- Make a puree of the inner part of the avocado.
- Next, add milk, olive oil and coconut oil in it.
- Later, apply it on your hair roots and across all the hair.
- Then, wash it off with cold water.
Quick link = Health benefits of Avocado
Pumpkins aren’t for the soul purpose of scaring away people at Halloween’s and neither do they only work wonders for Cinderella by turning into a carriage but for all other girls too who aren’t Disney princesses in terms of working against their damaged hair. Pumpkins consist of quite a lot of vitamins which helps them in working as natural moisturizers for dull and dry hair. Pumpkins can be used in the form of a mask or juice to make the hair appear utterly gorgeous. All you need to do is,
- To make a mask, boil the pumpkin and mash it afterwards.
- Include yoghurt in the paste and apply it on the scalp and hair.
- To make a pumpkin juice, prepare a puree of two pumpkins.
- Later, add honey, yoghurt and coconut oil in it and apply on the hair to get rid of heat damaged hair.
6. Aloe Vera
As a beautiful green color that it possesses, similarly it has the traits to make one’s face and hair seem better and prettier than before. Although Aloe Vera has a sticky edge but the gel inside it is worth a lot! The green pulpy gel works as a natural moisturizer for the skin and hair which can be eaten raw, applied directly on the face and hair or applied along with other things for a gorgeous skin and shiny glossy hair. There are different ways about how to fix damaged hair using Aloe Vera which are listed below.
- Apply Aloe Vera juice on the hair.
- Apply a mixture of aloe Vera gel, coconut oil and yoghurt on the scalp and hair.
- And it can be used along with olive oil and crushed hibiscus flower paste.
As much as your grandmother’s and even mothers added ghee while preparing food or when making rich sweets, now even you’ll make use of it a lot as I unveil to you a fact that you wouldn’t be aware of before. Ghee consists of loads of unrefined fats and nourishes the hair making them appear healthier, shinier and better. It’s an agent to combat against all sorts of hair damages such as dry hair, dull hair and split ends. It especially works well for heat damaged hair. What you need to do is,
- Take out 2 tbsp. of ghee.
- Apply it gently on the strands of your hair.
- Later, wash it off with shampoo and enjoy silky straightened hair.
4. Air-dry the hair
This means a big fat ‘NO’ to use heat for the hair. One should make use of the natural hair that God has blessed them with rather than applying artificial heat on the hair which makes them seem extremely dull and dry. However, heating appliances for the hair are made to fix the hair quickly when in a rush. So if you’re facing such a situation then use a blow-dryer sparingly and adjust its settings on warm rather than hot.
3. Sugar Water
Water is widely known as a solution to almost 90% of internal and external issues such as medical, skin and hair problems. If you aren’t a compulsive water drinker than promise to yourself that you’re going to become one this instant as drinking 6-8 glasses a day keeps one’s health intact and protects them against various diseases and problems. Moreover, not only water but even sugar water can be used to treat damaged hair. It efficiently works to cure dry and rough hair. It can be used following the steps to treat dull and heat damaged hair mentioned below.
- Stir sugar in the water nice and well.
- Next, pour some of the sugar water on your palm.
- Later, run your hands against your hair.
2. Follow a good diet
To everyone reading this, please follow a healthy diet which won’t only help against damaged hair and skin but will keep your health intact and make you appear happy and healthy. Furthermore, add loads of vegetables to your daily diet and make yourself appear healthier and even more beautiful as you’re what you eat and what you feed yourself will be reflected by how you look. Begin your day by undergoing a healthy breakfast, then take a lite lunch and later have a full meal in dinner. By following this routine you won’t only appear healthier and good looking but you’ll get rid of damaged hair and skin as well.
1. Oil Hair Massage
The best ever solution and home remedy to escape dull, dry and rough hair is a nice and good oil massage. This can usually be done on the weekends when one is free and has spare time to accommodate for taking care of their brittle looking hair. A gentle hair massage won’t just help you get rid of damaged hair but will relax your mind and provide relaxation and peace. It is highly suggested to cure heat damaged hair. Different hair oils that you can use are,
- Sandalwood oil.
- Rosemary oil.
- Geranium oil.
- Lavender oil.
Things To Avoid For Attaining Better Looking Hair
- Let go off commercial hair conditioners and make a natural hair conditioner at home.
- Try not to tie your hair too tightly and avoid using rubber bands as hair ties which cause hair breakage.
- Replace plastic bristle combs with good quality combs and brushes.
- Try not to give a long gap between trimming your hair, do it regularly.
- Brushing wet hair leads to hair breakage so avoid doing it.
- Make sure that you wear a scarf or a hat to avoid direct contact with the sun.
- Avoid going in swimming pools with hair unprotected.
- Wash your hair twice a week not more than that as it can cause damages.