Steps for extracting out aloe vera gel at home:
- Carefully cut the leaves at an angle from the base of the aloe vera plant – the leaves in the middle are much thicker and contain good amount of the gel.
- Next, keep the leaves standing in an upright position for at least 15 minutes so that all the sap drains out completely.
- After all the sap has been drained out, wash the aloe vera leaves to remove any leftover sap.
- Get a cutting board and cut the thorny edges of the leaves on both the sides.
- Next, peel off the top green layer of the leaves and cut up the transparent gel in the form of cubes. You can also slice the leaves lengthwise into two halves and take out the transparent aloe gel with a spoon.