Hair is an important part of the personality and styling of any person, which sure complements all. People especially women today are very conscious about their hair health to grow hair faster. It is also important to take care of your hair to make different styles that can meet wardrobe. Styling of hair and hair care is also a top most searched topic and trend over the internet. For good care of the hair women, now and then, try different hair products and under go different treatments. What makes those treatments and products less productive is their containment of different artificial flavors and chemicals. They may have provided good results in start but after some time their effects become less and in the long run they damages the hair. If your hair is rough and dry styling your hair becomes very difficult and if you have naturally curly hair even combing becomes out of question. But don’t panic because God has given us some wonderful gifts through nature. The need of hour is to use those gifts properly and in right direction and what you will get in return are unlimited benefits. In the same way, there are some natural ingredients available from nature that we can use and make simple but very effective homemade deep conditioners for hair health. In fact, the best shampoo and conditioner is the one which has totally natural ingredients.
Here, we have a list of some best deep conditioners for natural hair. By using these conditioners you can try different hair styles and carry them with grace. Have a look to such homemade conditioners:
“Do not worry about your dry and rough hair, try some homemade hair conditioner and get back the shine of your hair.”
15. Coconut Oil
Whenever I hear princess tales from my grandmother she used to describe a princess someone with beautiful shiny, thick and long hair. I always wondered what products she might apply to her hair. Then, after research, I have come to know the secret. It is coconut oil for hair growth contains the best ingredients from nature to provide you a shiny look and is a best hair conditioner. Oiling its self has wonderful results as it regulates the flow of blood in your skull. But oiling with coconut oil strengthens the roots of hair and made them thick and strong. Apply Coconut oil one hour before taking shower and after shampoo you will actually feel the softness and shine in your hair. It is also known as the best conditioner for dry hair.
14. Shea Butter
Shea butter and its use for skin is a Known fact to all but its use to remove hair dryness is much of a topic here. Its amazing qualities also make it an amazing natural hair conditioner. Shea butter keeps the hair hydrated and moisturized and helps get rid of the dandruff and dryness of hair. It also protects your strands from harmful effects of the environment such as excessive heat and ultra violet rays of sun. Thus shea butter as conditioner is the best homemade deep conditioner used for the protection and shine of the hair. Following are the steps to make a homemade hair conditioner with shea butter.
- You need half cup shea butter, 1 cup oil (Coconut or olive) to make a mix.
- Stir them well and then heat the mixture until it is melt to pure liquid form.
- Now the conditioner is ready, let it cold and then apply on your hair starting from the scalp.
- Wash your hair and shampoo them after at least an hour.
- This will further strengthen ombre hair color over your existing hairstyle.
13. Milk And Rose Petal Rinse
Another homemade conditioner which can be used to get naturally beautiful hair is milk and rose petal rinse. In ancient times, milk and rose petal bath was used by the women for the deep conditioning of natural hair. Milk contains nourishing qualities and when rose petals are dipped in the milk it becomes a homemade conditioner with some special qualities for your hair. This is your best chance to maintain specific hairstyles for long hair. You can make this hair conditioner by following the simple steps below:
- Add some rose petals in the milk and leave it for some time.
- While taking bath wash your hair and then rinse your hair with this mixture. This natural hair conditioner will nourish your hair and increase their shine.
- Perform this procedure at least once in a week and see the results yourself.
12. Mayo, Eggs White, Yogurt Conditioner
When we want deep conditioning of natural hair only one ingredient comes to mind and that is yogurt. Yogurt inherits some wonderful nourishing properties from milk which makes it an amazing deep conditioner. Yogurt itself is a natural conditioner but when it is mixed with eggs white and mayonnaise it becomes magical homemade deep conditioner with drastic effects on hair. Egg has some excellent results for dry and damaged hair that mostly happen due to consistent layered haircuts and the vitamins present in eggs reduce the dryness and strengthens the hair follicles. You can make a homemade conditioner as follows:
- Take one cup yogurt, half cup mayonnaise and one egg’s white as ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and then apply the mixture on the roots of hair.
- Let it dry for at least 40 minutes and then wash your hair. It is recommended to use normal water, not warm, while washing hair to protect them.
- Shampoo your hair.
11. Mint And Tea Conditioner
This combination makes a good homemade conditioner which is best for oily hair in particular. Tea contains the minerals and vitamins advantageous for hair whereas mint contains the cooling effect so it makes the scalp cool and prevents rashes in summer season. For strong, shiny and short edgy haircuts you can make mint and tea natural hair conditioner as follows:
- Take mint leaves and crush them till powder. Take 2 tbsp. of tea leaf (Black or green).
- Boil some water in a pot and then add mint powder and tea leaf powder in it.
- After it is boiled for 5 minutes, strain the liquid in a pot.
- After it gets cool rinse your hair with it for smooth and refreshed hair.
10. Heena Conditioner
Heena is an herbal powder easily available in Indian stores near you. Heena is always considered as a best deep conditioner for natural hair and its use make a classy and streak look to your hair. In ancient times when there were no hair products in market, people (Men and Women) use heena as a hair conditioner and natural coloring product. In fact, it can be used as one of the best shampoo and conditioner for hair. Heena also prevents dandruff ( checkout home remedies for dandruff ) in hair by reducing dryness ultimately providing you the most refined and nice hairstyles. If you want to make your hair soft and enjoyable, you can use heena as a homemade hair conditioner.
- Take 2 cups of henna in a pot and add water in it to make a paste.
- You can also add 2 tbsp. of lemon juice and egg’s white to this mixture for more results.
- Stir this mixture after adding 2 tbsp. of oil (Olive, Mustard or Coconut oil) until the mixture is ready.
- Apply the mixture to your hair starting from scalps till tips and let it dry for at least 2 hours.
- Wash your hair with water and shampoo them.
- Follow the same procedure at least once in two months and you will see the difference in your hair after each wash.
9. Banana Peels And Honey Conditioner
Best deep conditioner for natural hair can be made with banana peels and honey. Some years back someone told me to use banana peels as homemade conditioner for specifically curled hairstyles. I prepared this hair conditioner and found some excellent results. My hair became healthier than before. The shine of my hair made me an eye catcher wherever I go. After my personal experience I would recommend this homemade conditioner to all the people who are not very happy with the growth and health of their hair. Banana peels penetrates deep into the hair and moisturizes them. Thus, this is the best homemade deep conditioner for all hair types in my opinion. You can make it by simply following these steps:
- Grind 2-3 Banana Peels until a paste is made.
- Add 2 tbsp. honey and 1 tbsp. castor oil and stir all the ingredients.
- Now your conditioner is ready to use.
- Apply the paste on the hair and let it applied for 20 minutes.
- When it is soaked rinse your hair with cold water.
Readers’ Edge: Egg Hair Mask
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is an ancient herb used in different medicines. The following herb is used as hair conditioner for the treatment of medium/short haircuts as well. Aloe Vera makes the hair soft and shiny by removing the fizziness from hair. Many high street hair products also claim containment of Aloe Vera for hair care but you can make a natural hair conditioner at home. Following these simple steps to make this amazing and the best conditioner for dry hair:
- Shave a sprig of Aloe Vera to get to the gel inside. This gel contains all the nutrient potions to be used in hair conditioner.
- Grind this gel to make a paste and add coconut oil along.
- You can also add lemon juice in this mixture.
- Stir well until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Apply this paste gently on your hair, from scalp till tips, and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Now, rinse it off and then shampoo.
“Choose one of the listed homemade conditioner for natural hair and forget about fizziness, split ends and other hair problems.”
7. Mayonnaise And Avocado Conditioner
Another very effective homemade hair conditioner is mayonnaise and avocado. Believe it or not! this will directly lead you to some lavish black long hairstyles within no matter of time. This hair conditioner helps remove the fizziness of hair and make them strong with shine. Hence mayonnaise and Avocado conditioner is an amazing deep conditioner for all type of hair (wavy, straight and curly).
- Take a paste of a grind avocado and 1 cup mayonnaise as ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients to make a thick paste. Now the conditioner is ready.
- Apply the paste on your hair and rub your scalp with it.
- Leave the paste on for 5 minutes and then wash your hair with cold water. Enjoy the shine in your hair.
6. Hibiscus Conditioner
Who knows that a beautiful flower like hibiscus contains excellent nutrients that make it qualify as an ingredient for hair conditioning? Let me tell you then – think of any easy hairstyles in your mind & Hibiscus is already considered as a natural hair conditioner and is appreciated by many because of its good results. It helps the hair regain their natural shine again, reduces the dryness of hair and makes them silky and smooth. Hibiscus is easily available in market in different forms; you just need to mix it with right ingredients to make a homemade conditioner.
- Split the petals of 2-3 hibiscus flowers.
- Grind these petals till powder.
- You can add water every once and then to make the paste thin and easily grind able.
- Add honey and lemon juice to it and stir it well to make a paste. Now your natural hair conditioner is ready to use.
- Apply this paste on your hair and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash the hair without shampoo and your will see a different shine in your hair.
5. Avocado Mask
If you’re looking for the best conditioner for dry hair, try this avocado recipe. Avocado alone is a fruit which contains some essential nutrients, minerals and vitamins for hair. You can trust the natural qualities of this fruit and can make some excellent hair conditioner with its help. Avocado keeps the hairs moisturize and removes the dryness in hair. Avocado can be used in different ways for different hair problem like the oil can be effective for hair growth and nourishment. But avocado mask is the perfect deep conditioner for natural hair and can be made by following these steps:
- Mash an avocado and mix 2 tbsp. of yogurt in it. Stir well. Your conditioner is ready; apply it to get shiny and soft hair.
- Like I have told earlier avocado with mayonnaise is also a perfect homemade deep conditioner.
- In a mashed avocado, add mash banana and lemon. This DIY deep conditioner is also good for hair.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another natural hair conditioner which is very much effective against fizziness in your hair is Apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar soothes the hair and prevents them from dryness and dandruff.
Apple Cider Vinegar also maintains the required pH level in hair and makes them gleaming and smooth. You can apply it to your hair like this:
- The first thing you must do is dilute apple cider vinegar with equal amount of water.
- After shampoo, rinse your hair with this diluted solution.
- Let it on for some time and then wash off with cold water.
3. Olive Oil Conditioner
Oils have the major moisturizing effects on the hair. Similarly olive oil is one of the best homemade conditioners which provides softness and strength to hair and prevents split ends. Though there is not much scientific proof of the results of olive oil on hair is present still it is a major content in some of the hair products. People do believe and examined the shine after using olive oil so this is why olive oil also qualifies for the fantastic homemade hair conditioners category.
- Massage your hair with olive oil for some time.
- Let the oil absorbs in the roots and then shampoo your hair.
- You will see the glam and glow of your hair after first wash.
2. Lemon Juice
If you are wondering what a lemon can do for your hair, you have come to the right place to find out. Lemon has some unbelievable potential to help reduce the dandruff and adds shine to hair. Simple lemon juice is very effective for your hair and it is also used with different ingredients to make a perfect hair conditioner for the deep conditioning of natural hair. To use lemon juice as a hair conditioner for natural hair you must follow the steps below:
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Squeeze a lemon to get its juice in a pot.
- Lemon juice contains some acidic qualities so it is important to dilute it before using.
- Massage your scalps with this juice for 5 minutes and then rinse off.
- Repeat the procedure daily to get dandruff free and silky hair in a month.
1. Cinnamon, Honey And Milk Conditioner
Cinnamon, honey and milk when mixed become a wonderful deep conditioner for natural hair. Honey keeps the necessary moisture in the hair whereas milk is rich in protein and adds volume and natural shine to the hair. Cinnamon reduces the inflammations and also helps the blood circulation to the hair scalps to make them healthy and strong. This is a strong combination and you will find wonderful results after using this deep homemade hair conditioner. Just follow these steps for better results:
Quick link = Benefits of cinnamon
- Take 2 tbsp. cinnamon powder, 2 tbsp. honey and 4 tbsp. milk as ingredients and mix them all.
- You can also add little portion of mayonnaise to make this mixture thick.
- After mixing, your conditioner is ready.
- Apply this mixture to the hair and let it on for some time.
- Wash your hair and shampoo them afterwards.
- Repeat the process twice a week and you will find your hair silky with more glow after every wash.
Listed are homemade conditioners which you can use to get perfect hair with shine. But, while applying these homemade conditioners remember some Do’s and Don’ts to avoid any kind of harsh circumstances. Listed are some general rules you must follow for the health of your hair. Have a look:
- Comb your hair before taking shower.
- Choose a shampoo which has low pH level.
- Trim your hair every now and then to avoid split ends.
- To avoid hair loss don’t comb your hair when they are wet.
- Don’t Shampoo your hair every day.
- Avoid over straightening your hair.
- Avoid too much exposure to sun.
- Avoid bleaching and coloring your hair else your hair will be damaged.
Just by following few of these tips and techniques you can increase shine in your hair. Now you can try different styles and carry them with grace. Always keep in mind, sleek and beautiful hair are main attraction of your personality which compliments your looks and are complimented by others.