The belly button infection has become so much common among the people these days, especially the women. The main reason of this problem is usually infected belly button piercing. The belly button can become easily infected by candida or any other kind of fungi. These infections should always be treated on time, as they can get worse with time. The infection of the belly button can be of so many types. If a person has the fungal belly button infection, then it looks red, the redness of the infection also extends to the surrounding skin of the belly button for a few millimeters, and it is very itchy most of the times. However, this bacterium often attacks the belly button as well and it leads to scabbing and some kind of yellow discharge from the belly button. This is the reason why treating the belly button infection on time is recommended always. People who do not know how to treat a belly button infection can use the following ways:
“Treating the infection of the belly button is very important as it can become very painful with time.”
13. Use Calendula
The herbs of the calendula containing the hydrating as well as the antiseptic properties always help in the treatment of the infection of the belly button. The best thing about this herb is that it supports quick healing of the infection.
- Start with crushing of 2 to 3 flowers of calendula for the extraction of the juice.
- Apply the extracted juice on the infected area and leave for a few minutes then clean it off.
- Repeat this once or twice a day for some days to heal infected belly button.
12. Use Indian Lilac
Indian lilac that is also known as neem is another one of the best home remedies for the treatment of the belly button infection. It also helps in reducing the itching and aching of the infection.
- Take a few leaves of Indian lilac and make a paste of them.
- Apply them on the infected area and leave it for about 20 minutes for drying.
- When dried, rinse it off with warm water and pat dry.
- Follow this method two times daily until the belly button infection is gone.
11. Apply Hot Compress
The infection of the belly button can be treated gently with the help of the hot compress DIY therapy. This can be done by using a clean cloth soaked thoroughly the compress with the water. After then, the cloth should be placed in the microwave for about 30 seconds, so that it becomes hot. After warming up the compress, it should be placed on the infected belly button and the cloth must be held on the infection until it cools down. This can be repeated for more than one time as well depending on the severity of the infection. Especially effective for soothing infected belly button piercing.
- The heat that comes out from the compress helps in increasing the flow of the blood of the area that has been infected as well as allow the pus in draining.
10. Rinse With Salted Water
Another one of the best ways of treating the belly button infection is by rinsing the infected area with the salt water. A teaspoon of either the table or the sea salt should be mixed in 8 ounces of water either hot or cold. The cotton balls are also needed for this purpose. These cotton balls should be soaked thoroughly with the salt water and then placed on the infected belly button. A large bowl of water can also be used for soaking the area. However, if the cotton balls are not available, then a clean cloth can also be used in place of the cotton balls. This is a simple but very effective treatment for infected belly button.
- All the materials should always be disposed immediately after the use and the bowl should be disinfected as well.
“People are suggested to use either the home remedies for treating their infection, the creams, or other medicines, so that they can prevent further spreading of the infection.”
9. Use Anti – Biotic Creams
For the treatment of the belly button infection, the antibiotic creams can also be used. These over the counter antibiotic creams can be used for a short period;however, it makes a lot of difference in the infection. These creams should be rubbed on the infected area of the belly button and let it soak in. This can also be repeated as required.
- These antibiotic creams are best for reducing the itching and the pain of the infection.
8. Apply Hydrogen Peroxide
If there is pus in the infection of the belly button and it is not drained out, then the hydrogen peroxide should be applied on it, so that it can drain the pus out of the infection that is the root cause of that infection. The hydrogen peroxide always assists in the draining of the pus and then clearing the belly button infection.
- The hydrogen peroxide should only be used only for the reasons of draining the pus or clearing the infection, not after the infection is gone.
7. Mild Soap Cleansing
Cleansing the infected area with the good mid soap can also help in treating the infection of the belly button. The infection travels on the surroundings of the skin making the infection more severe. When it is washed with the mild soap on time, then the infection can be cleared on time. This is the reason why the people getting their belly button pierced are always suggested to wash their belly button with some good quality soap, so that they can prevent their skin from any kind of infection.
- Use the mild soap twice a day prevents the belly button infection.
6. Keep The Infected Area Clean
The infected area of the belly button should always be kept clean, so that the infection does not grow any further. For avoiding the infection to grow any further as well as for the healing of the bacteria around the belly button, it is always really very important to keep the infected area totally dry and clean. However, for the cleansing of the infected area around the belly button, any kind of good anti – bacterial soap or the cream can be used and later then it must be dried using a clean cloth.
- It is always recommended to use any kind of good water based ointment because the moisture from all of the other types of the ointments usually blocks the skin pores resulting obstruct in the breathing of the skin.
“With the application of the creams, ointments or follow the other ways of treating the infection twice or thrice a day, the infection is gone within a week.”
5. Use Tea Tress Oil
Use of the tea tree oil is another one of the best ways of treating the infection of the belly button. Tea tree oil is one of the very effective natural cures for the infection of the belly button, no matter what becomes a cause of it, either a bacteria or the yeast. The natural tea tree oil has the antifungal, antiseptic, as well as the antibacterial properties. To cure infected belly button piercing, this can be used by the following methods:
- First mix like 4 or 5 drops of the essential oil – tea tree oil in 1 tsp. of either the olive or the coconut oil.
- Make 3 to 4 cotton balls and dip them in the oil.
- Place the cotton balls one by one on the infected area.
- Leave a single cotton ball on the infected area for minimum time of ten minutes and after that wipe it off with the help of the tissue paper.
- Follow this treatment, as much times as required and it should be done daily until the infection is gone and the belly button looks healthy.
“If the infection gets worse, then the patient must consult a doctor.”
4. Rub Alcohol
The belly button infected area can also be cleaned with the use of alcohol. Rubbing the alcohol on the infected area helps amazingly in reducing the infection. However, the antiseptic property of the alcohol always helps on sterilizing the infection and then preventing the spreading of the infection. The best thing about the alcohol is that it helps in getting rid of the redness and itching of the infection as well. It can be used to treat infected belly button as:
- Out a small amount of the rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball.
- Rub it well on the infected area and then leave it on it.
- Reapply the rubbing alcohol as many times as required for several days until the infection is gone.
3. White Vinegar
Most of the times, the infected belly button also discharge some kind of fluid that can be very embarrassing. For avoiding this discharge from coming out of the infection, white vinegar can be of great use. However, vinegar has a very acidic nature that fights effectively with the belly button infection. White vinegar also prevents the infection from spreading further. This can be used easily like:
- Mix a single part of the white vinegar with either 2 or 3 parts of the warm water.
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution and then apply it on the infected area.
- After applying it, leave it for 10 to 15 minutes on the infected area.
- After the application of the white vinegar solution, wash the infected area with the warm water and then clean dry the area using a clean cloth.
- This should be repeated everyday 2 to 3 times until the infection is gone properly.
2. Aloe Vera
When it comes to the home remedies of treating the belly button infection, aloe Vera is another of the best remedies for this. It has got both the anti-inflammatory and the soothing properties that makes the healing of the belly button infection much more quicker as well as it eases the pain of the infection. You can use it in following way to heal infected belly button.
- Cut the leaf of the aloe Vera open and then extract all of its gel.
- Apply the gel as it is with hands on the infected area and let it dry by its own.
- Once it is dried, clean the infected area that has been treated with the wet tissue or cloth and then pat dry with the clean towel.
- This should be repeated more than one time a day, so the infection can be treated well.
1. Use Turmeric
Turmeric can also be used for curing the infection of the belly button. It is known all over the world as the natural antiseptic as well as antibiotic agent that can heal any kind of infection within days. Turmeric can be used for the belly button infection like:
- Add some water in the little amount of turmeric and make a paste.
- Apply this paste of turmeric on the infection and then leave it for a few minutes until it is dried by its own.
- Wipe it out with the help of a wet tissue and dry clean that area.
- Repeat this procedure 2 or 3 times a day as it helps in preventing the infection from spreading and reducing pain as well. Really effective for healing infected belly button piercing.
- Turmeric can also be used for this purpose by mixing it in a glass of hot milk with some honey and this should be drunk every night before going to the bed as it heals all the internal infections.
However, if any of the given ways do not help with the treatment of the belly button infection, then the patient must consult any of the good doctor, so that they doctor can check and guide what kind of infection it is and how it must be treated. It is actually the last thing that the people need to do when they see no difference in their infection even after treating it with all of the methods given above.
- Get the belly button pierced always by the professionals.
- Wash the hands with a good soap before treating the infection and after that apply any of the ointment required for the treatment.
- Wash the infected area always with the salt water as it helps in the reduction of the infection.
- Keep the infected area dry clean with the help of any dry clean cloth or towel.
- Get the belly button pierced with the help of the gun.
- Use the alcohol or even the hydrogen peroxide if the belly button is pierced because they both dry the skin out and then irritate the piercing.
- Keep the infected area wet as keeping it wet always makes the infection worse and helps spreading it more.
- Touch the infected area repeatedly as it becomes a reason of spreading the infection.