DIY hair mask are made by those natural ingredients which can boost hair growth, keep your hair moisturized and give you stronger and shinier hair without investing so much money. Here we are sharing with you some DIY hair mask recipes, their ingredients are easily found in your kitchen.
25. Banana Mask For Dry Hair
If your hair are damaged by any chemical reaction or any hair product which does not suits your hair. So you should try this banana mask to fix that damage. Banana have potassium, minerals and amino acids which help your hair to balance its pH level and give them strength. For mask you need:
- 1 banana
- 1 TBSP almond oil or olive oil.
- Blend banana and oil together until it becomes a good paste, now separate your hair in 2 parts and apply the mask.
- from roots to tips, cover your head and wash it after 30 minutes to get smooth locks.
24. Egg Mask For Dry Hair
Moisturizing hair is not difficult now, you can use your kitchen ingredients easily to make best hair mask. Eggs are high in protein which is also important nutrient for hair. Egg mask can give your hair new life from dull to shiny. For mask you need:
- 2 eggs yolk.
- 2 to 3 TBSP olive oil.
- Separate the egg yolks in a bowl, add olive oil in it and mix it until it become smooth and creamy mask. Apply the mask from roots to tips, it’s good to little wet your hair before applying the mask.
- Cover your head with shower cap and leave it about 20 to 30 minutes, try to use cool or luke warm water to wash your hair. You will feel immediate effects of this mask in your hair.
23. Yogurt For Dry Hair
It works like a natural conditioner for dry and frizzy hair. Yogurt contains lactic acid which helps to nourish the scalp, removes the dead ski and helps to grow hair stronger. For making this deep conditioning mask you need:
- 2 TBSP yogurt.
- ½ tsp coconut oil.
- 1 TBSP honey.
- Mix all the ingredients together and massage it on your scalp, leave it for 20 minutes to set, than wash it. This treatment is good to restore your hair growth.
22. Mayonnaise Hair Mask
Mayonnaise is known as one of the best conditioner because it has fats and protein which are building masses. This helps to restore the moisture of hair and gives them flexibility and strength. You can directly apply mayonnaise to your hair, just you have to take 2 or 3 TBSP mayonnaise according to your hair length, apply it directly then comb the hair to work scrupulously. Now cover your head with cap, in this mask it is important to heat the hair, ti will help the mayonnaise sink in perfectly into your hair for this you can use dryer. After that wash it simply with your regular shampoo.
21. Honey Hair Mask
Honey is the best natural moisturizer for dry damaged hair. It can feed hair follicles by antioxidants which are present in honey. The nutrients present in honey are very powerful for damaged hair to make them soft and shiny. For honey mask you just need; ¼ cup raw honey and water. Mix honey in water according to your hair length. This mixture should be runny, so it will be easily applied on hair and scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse it with warm water.
20. Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey For Hair
Apple cider vinegar (acv) will give shine to your dry and dull locks. It works like a natural conditioner. For this mask you need:
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix them together and apply it like a shampoo on damp hair. Let it set for 20 minutes then rinse it with warm water.
19. ACV Rinse For Dry Hair
Apple cider vinegar is used as a beauty regimen, it is suitable for skin and hair both for hair it works like a normal detangle, refresh your hair and gives them suave and shiny look. For making acv rinse you just need:
- Half cup water.
- Half cup Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Mix them in a spray bottle for better result. After shampoo your hair, spray the mixture into your scalp and massage it, leave it for few minutes so that scalp absorbs the acv well. Afterwards wash your hair, after using acv rinse you will no need of conditioner.
18. Corn-Starch For Dry Hair
Corn-starch is really easy to apply, you just need 1 TBSP corn starch and pour it in salt and pepper shaker, now sprinkle in over your hair, after few minutes brush your hair and set them, this mask has no need of washing.
17. Mask of Baking Soda For Dry Hair
Baking soda is very effective remedy for dry hair, you can use it instead of daily shampoo, and this will leave incredible results on your hair. Shampoos of different brands contains some harmful chemicals which dried out hair. For this treatment you need:
- Baking soda.
- Some essential oil.
- Take 1 part of baking soda and three parts of water, mix them well and apply into your hair from roots to ends, let it set for few minutes then wash it with water normally after that take one part vinegar, 3 to 4 part water and add few drops of any essential oil for eliminating the smell of vinegar, rinse your hair with this mixture after that wash hair with cold water, you will feel the instant shine and silkiness.
16. Aloe Vera For Dry Hair
Aloe gel is best for both; excessive oil control and dry scalp. Aloe Vera helps to prevent dandruff. It is best for those hair which dyed frequently, it has the power to restore your hair from damage. You can apply aloe vera directly with combination of shampoo, conditioner and oil. Here is the complete treatment process:
- Try to use sulphate free shampoo because its cause dryness.
- Now apply aloe gel with gentle massage on scalp for about 15 minutes and wash it.
- Use deep conditioner and cover your head, after 20 minutes wash it.
- In the end apply jojoba oil for moisturize your scalp.
The perfect combination of egg shampoo, aloe gel and jojoba oil and cure dryness.
15. Aloe Vera Gel And Coconut Oil Conditioner For Dry Hair
Aloe Vera and coconut oil works together smartly and cure the dryness very well. For remedy you need:
- ¼ cup aloe vera gel.
- ¼ cup coconut oil well and apply it after shampoo, leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it. This will be really .effective and highly recommended conditioner for dry damaged hair caused by ironing, blow dye etc.
14. Maple Syrup For Dry Hair
Maple syrup is best for dehydrated hair, it is perfect to deal with dry and frizzy hair and you can use it with coconut oil or apply it directly. For mask:
- 3 TBSP Maple syrup.
- 1 tsp honey.
- Stir them well, apply it on dry hair and comb with wide tooth comb to absorb it completely. Cover your head with shower cap and leave it for 20 minutes. Then rinse it normally.
13. Olive Oil For Dry Hair
Olive oil has extra energy to healthier your hair, it has antioxidants which help your hair to grow fast. If you can afford so use extra virgin olive oil it is more effective anti-fungal and best for dandruff. For this treatment you need:
- half cup olive oil.
- 1 cup coconut oil.
- Mix them together in a glass jar and save it. Massage with this oil mixture to get healthier locks.
12. Honey Conditioner For Dry Hair
Honey is also used as a conditioner, it is best to keep hydrated your locks. Take honey and your regular conditioner together mix and apply on your scalp, leave it for 30 minutes to work properly then rinse it with cold water.
11. Papaya Mask for Dry Hair
You definitely heard about incredible papaya impacts over your skin, so as it is also for hair. Yes, the papaya have natural enzymes and minerals which nourish hair and make them softer. For mask you need:
- 1 papaya.
- ½ cup yogurt.
- Mash the papaya well until no chunks left, mix it in already beaten yogurt.
- It will look like a gel, apply it on your hair and leave it about 45 minutes to an hour then wash it. You can use this mask once in a week to get smooth any shiny hair.
10. Papaya And Honey Mask
This is another incredible mask of papaya. For this mask you need:
- Half mashed papaya.
- 2 TBSP olive oil.
- 1 tsp honey.
- Mix all of them well, and apply it from roots to tips, you can leave this mask as long as you want. Wash it with cold water, use shampoo if needed.
9. Oatmeal Mask For Dry Hair
Another best natural product, Oatmeal are also good for dry damaged hair, they work with milk and other ingredients, here is the recipe:
- Half cup oats.
- 2 TBSP almond oil.
- Half cup milk.
- Mix them well, brush your hair and make them tangle free now apply this mask from roots to tips and leave it for half an hour, after that rinse you hair with warm water and shampoo it.
8. Avocado For Dry Hair
Avocado is the best remedy to cure dry and damaged hair, it repairs the locks generously and leaves the smooth effect on them. For mask you need:
- Half Avocado.
- 1 egg.
- 1 TBSP honey.
- 2 tsp essential oil.
- Mash the avocado and beat the egg well in a bowl, now mix them together, add honey and essential oil, put it in a refrigerator to set, then apply it on your hair with the help of brush. This mask will apply after shampoo on wet hair and leave it for about 30 minutes then rinse it.
7. Mask For Dry Split Ends
Shea butter is best for treating dry split ends. Splits are the result of dry hair which get damaged from ends, just take Shea butter in your hand and massage over your damp hair, leave it to dry no need to wash your hair, after few days you will see the magical effect of Shea butter, split end will get rid easily.
6. Coconut Cream Mask For Dry Hair
This mask is easy but little time consuming. You just need coconut cream, warm it in your hand and apply into your hair directly, cover your head with warm towel and leave the mask for about 1 hour so it will be absorb by hair and scalp properly after that use mild shampoo to wash it.
5. Clarified Butter As A Conditioner
Again an extravagant remedy, you can find clarified butter easily in kitchen and you can try this remedy in the kitchen hours.
Take some clarified butter about 2 TBSP, quantity depends on hair length.
Massage over your scalp and hair properly, if you want deep conditioning leave this for about 1 hour and wash it. May be its fragrance will not sooth you but concentrate on your hair they will completely moisturize with this treatment.
4. Strawberry For Dry Hair
Usually we heard about strawberry face pack, but today we are giving you the strawberry hair mask it will give the glossy shine to dry hair, this luscious fruit is very helpful to keep your hair hydrated and combats against dryness. For making the mask you have to need:
- 4 to 5 strawberries.
- Some yogurt.
- Olive oil or coconut oil it’s up to you.
- 1 egg.
- Take yogurt in a bowl, crushed all the strawberries and mix them, make a fine paste, add whole egg in it n blend them well in the end mix the oil. Apply this mask from roots to tips, massage gently to penetrate the mask into the scalp.
- Leave this for 30 minutes then wash it out with cold water, washing out this mask is not an easy task because hair gets sticky after it. Apply conditioner and shampoo after that.
3. Fenugreek Seeds
Dry hair mostly have the problem of itchy scalp and dandruff, Fenugreek seeds pack is most effective for fighting against dandruff, it has anti-fungal properties.
- Take 3 TBSP fenugreek seeds, soak them in water.
- Make a paste of seeds in grinder.
- Add one lemon juice in this paste.
- Now apply it over your hair.
- Then wash it after 15 minutes.
2. Hibiscus For Dry Hair
Dry hair can be damaged easily and it’s really hurting when you get your broken hair in your hand while brushing, hibiscus will give strength to your hair.
Take some petals of hibiscus and soak them in water whole night.
- Then blend it in milk and olive oil.
- Now it’s ready to apply on your hair
- Leave it for half an hour
- Wash your hair with cold water. T
This pack is best for damaged locks.
1. Mask Of Banana Shake
This is bit strange to think about applying banana shake into your hair instead of drinking, but it’s very effective for making your hair shiny and tranquil. Banana and milk will bring miracles to dry and frizzy hair, the lifeless hair will become smooth, shiny and lustrous. For Mask:
- 2 Bananas.
- 1 cup Milk.
- Honey ( its optional).
- Coco powder or peach.
Mix all ingredients well with the help of blender. Apply the mask gently to your hair and leave it for 20 minutes, it is imperative to apply all over hair perfectly to work the mask, it is bit difficult to wash this mask properly so maybe it will take some time, don’t apply it in rush otherwise you will not get the entire benefits of this mask. The best thing of this mask is you can drink the left overs so nothing will be waste. This is the best treatment for getting silky and smooth locks, remember if you are using peach, it will help to treat broken hair. So we can say it is the perfect cure for dry and damaged hair.
- Try to use any home remedy on weekends or in leisure hour.
- Consider the hair treatment massage as stress reliving function.
- Wisely select the remedy according to your hair needs.
- Use fresh ingredients for any remedy as much as possible as you can because fresh ingredients effect much better.
- Prefer natural remedies over artificial or unnatural remedies like shampoo, conditioners etc.
- Do not use any treatment on the time of going somewhere, these are time taking techniques.
- If you have plant allergy so don’t use aloe vera it can cause skin eruptions.
- Excessive usage of hair products also cause damage so try to avoid excess ironing, dyeing etc.
- Do not use remedies simultaneously or in hurry without proper check of your hair need.