While you go for a walk or a good jog you tend to lose a lot of extra calories stored in your system. But with that develop a muscle pain which is mostly very painful during the beginning days of the daily routine walk. Once you retire in your bed after the tiring walk you have done you feel the legs releasing painful waves from the top to the bottom. This is the time when you want to get rid of this painful experience and sleep peacefully. Therefore, keeping your comfort in view we have gathered different ways that can help you with these kind of pains and help relief them at home. Read the information written below and find what you can do for yourself to help your legs stay pain free after the long tiring walks.
10. Salt And Water Soak
This is probably the most used tip of every other house even when one just wants to get some relaxation. As salt dissolved in water provides with a soothing effect for foot pain as it also works as an anti-inflammatory agent as well. So, soaking your legs in salt water tub is one of the many ways to reduce their pain. This effective remedy will help you enjoy the benefits of walking properly.
- Fill a tub with warm water.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of salt to it.
- Soak your feet for about 15 to 20 minutes in it.
- Remove your feet and moisturize them afterwards.
9. White Vinegar
White vinegar, another item found in every kitchen is also helpful in providing a pain reducing effect. Its additional property of acting as an anti-inflammatory agent adds to its value. It’s very effective in reducing foot pain, heal pain and all kinds of walking pain.
- One of the ways to use vinegar is as follows
- Take two tubs of water, one that you fill with hot water and the other that you fill with cold water.
- In both of these tubs mix equal amount of vinegar.
- Now, soak a towel in the hot water tub and wrap that towel around your feet and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Unwrap the towel and this time wrap the towel after soaking it in the cold water tub.
- Do this with both the feet at least thrice daily.
- Other method is much more easier. In this method you just have to fill tub with warm water and mix two tablespoons of vinegar to it. Don’t forget to add some Epsom salt as well. Now soak your feet in this water for 20 minutes.
“Do you feel the muscle cramp after the long walk of yours? Well, help your muscles to relief such pain by following the simple methods we have provided you with.”
8. Clove Oil
Clove are said to be good anti-inflammatory agents. They are used in many types of pain in order reduce them. Clove oil is recommended to be used for the ear ache, while during a dental pain this is one of the best remedies used to reduce the pain until you see the doctor. If you’re feeling foot pain or knee pain when walking, clove oil is very effective in healing. Clove oil is also said to increase the blood circulation, hence is also used in headaches, joint pains, foot pain etc.
- Take a few drops of olive oil and mix it clove oil
- Now massage this mixture on your painful feet to boost the circulation and reduce the pain in them.
Sage is another helpful vegetable that can help you with your sore, painful or sprained feet. Try these simple steps to get rid of foot pain, heal pain and hip pain when walking.
- Take a handful of sage leaves and rub them between your hands
- Put them in a wok and add to it one fourth cup of apple cider vinegar
- Now boil these two together and let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes
- Soak a cotton cloth in this mixture and apply on the painful area.
6. Hot And Cold Water
For the reduction of shin pain, heal pain and foot pain, using the hot and cold water method is very effective. Following are the steps on how to go about this method
- Fill a tub with warm water while the other one with cold water.
- Soak your feet in the hot water. This will help increase blood circulation. Soak it for 3 minutes.
- Now, keep your feet in the cold water for another three minutes. This helps reduce inflammation.
5. Mustard Seeds
Mustard seeds are used to extract mustard oil which is widely used in the Indian cities. It is amazing in reducing foot pain, heal pain and knee pain while walking. These seeds are also beneficial for healing cracked feet. Used for the purpose of cooking while it has other benefits as well like:
- As antibiotic agent.
- For the clotting of blood
- Good for the heart
- Good for hair growth.
- Besides all of this, it is useful in the reduction of foot pain by increasing the circulation and reducing the inflammation and swelling.
Asparagus helps to reduce the foot pain by its simple anti-inflammatory property. It also helps in flushing out the toxins and excessive fluid from the body, that’s why It is very beneficial for your health. You just need to steam some asparagus and eat them.
“Pain in the legs after a walk is surely very discomforting. While you are relaxing on your sofa just dip your legs in a salt water solution and feel the difference in relation to the pain you were having.”
- Take an ice pack and keep it on the aching foot
- Let it stay for a few minutes and then remove
- Apply again and do this several times.
2. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is a rich source of capsaicin that helps in the reduction of joint pain, muscle aches and even aching feet.
- Fill a bucket with hot water
- Add half tea spoon of cayenne pepper to it
- Soak your feet in this water for a few minutes
This will help in releasing pain from the feet.
Massaging your feet with essential oil is a very good way to help reduce the pain. Lavender and chamomile oil have a good soothing effect and could used for the purpose of massage. Massage is very beneficial in relieving from foot pain, heal pain and hip pain while walking.
- Apply some oil on the painful area
- Now push your fingers deep inside the cramping muscle while grabbing the muscle.
- Push the fingers in the downward direction
- Do it for 15 minutes.
This will help in releasing the pain.
- For leg pain you can grab your upper lip between your index finger and thumb and hold it for 30 seconds. This helps release the pain.
- Drinking papaya seed tea helps to reduce the pain.
- Pull your toes towards the knees which will flex the shin muscle (which opposes the calf muscle. This helps in reducing the calf muscle cramps.
- Massaging the painful area with oil daily is also helpful.