Aloe vera is the most common yet the most powerful magical plant that has been used by women since ages for the purpose of various health and beauty treatments. It is the most commonly used ingredient in herbal mixtures, cosmetics and medicines.
Aloe vera is not only good for a healthy and glowing skin, but also works wonders when applied to the hairs. The secret of aloe vera lies in its thick, long, juicy leaves – the gel in the leaves makes it a magical plant. This gel consists of many useful compounds such as water, lectins, mannans, polysaccharides, etc., and a number of vitamins and minerals. Aloe vera gel can be used in any form and can be used on any type of skin or hair. To enjoy amazing aloe vera benefits, make sure to follow these tips and tricks we’ve gathered for you.
Steps for extracting out aloe vera gel at home:
- Carefully cut the leaves at an angle from the base of the aloe vera plant – the leaves in the middle are much thicker and contain good amount of the gel.
- Next, keep the leaves standing in an upright position for at least 15 minutes so that all the sap drains out completely.
- After all the sap has been drained out, wash the aloe vera leaves to remove any leftover sap.
- Get a cutting board and cut the thorny edges of the leaves on both the sides.
- Next, peel off the top green layer of the leaves and cut up the transparent gel in the form of cubes. You can also slice the leaves lengthwise into two halves and take out the transparent aloe gel with a spoon.
If you want to make aloe vera gel at home and use it regularly, then it’s good to keep the extracted gel in a container inside the fridge. In this way, the gel will remain fresh for a longer time and you can use it later on when needed.
“If you want to get beautiful and flawless skin and hair then try these home made aloe vera gel masks that you can Do-It-Yourself within no time.”
Here are 20 of the best and amazing Do-It-Yourself aloe vera masks for beautiful skin and hair that you can make at the comfort of your home:
20. Aloe Vera Mask For Freckles And Sunburn
Add 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel to 6 tablespoons of cucumber juice and 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt. Mix them well together and apply on your face and neck thoroughly. Leave this mask for around 20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.You will be amazed to see a remarkable difference in your freckles/sunburn.
19. Aloe Vera Mask For Dry Skin
Aloe vera is also great when it comes to revitalizing dry skin.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel with 1 tablespoon of rose oil. Apply this mixture uniformly on your face. Keep for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water and enjoy aloe vera benefits.
- You can also use 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel with 1 teaspoon each of almond oil and rose water for dry skin problems.
- Apply a mixture of 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and 2 tablespoons of honey every day to get healthy skin.
18. Aloe Vera And Lemon Juice Mask For Blemishes And Dark Spots
Aloe vera works wonders when combined with fresh lemon juice. In fact aloe vera benefits are enhanced when it is mixed with lemon. Both aloe vera gel and lemon help reduce blemishes and dark spots on your face and gives a clearer skin. These two ingredients also eliminate stretch marks and sun-tanned skin. In addition to that, lemon juice prevents aloe vera gel from turning brown with time.
Take 2 thick aloe vera leaves, one lemon, a bowl, a sharp knife and a blender.Cut off the sharp edges of both the aloe vera leaves with the help of a sharp knife. Next, cut the top layer of the leaves along the length, sideways. Carefully take out the transparent aloe vera gel from inside the leaves. Put the gel in a bowl and add few drops of lemon juice. Pour the mixture into a blender and mix well for around a minute. Apply it on your face and neck. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then rinse off with water.
17. Aloe Vera Beauty Mask For Acne And Pimples
Beat an egg white and mix in 4 tablespoons of aloe vera juice, 1 tablespoon of green tea and two drops of chamomile oil. Apply this mixture on your face and keep it for 20 minutes. Rinse off with cool water.
- You can also combine 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice with 1 tea spoon of tea tree oil to get acne free skin and to get rid of pimples.
16. Aloe Vera Cleansing Mask For Clear Skin
Take a piece of ripe papaya, a small amount of aloe vera gel, 1 teaspoon of yogurt and 1 tablespoon honey. Put these ingredients in a blender or a food processor and blend them well together. Apply the paste on your face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. This mask will give you clear skin instantly. You can also use aloe vera juice for this purpose.