Yeast infections are even termed as candidiasis, which are one of the most common infections women are found suffering with. The progress of the microorganism candida genus of yeast is monitored by particular bacteria, but it can’t function properly if there’s any sort of imbalance which has occurred in the women’s body. Consequently, it leads to the yeast’s overgrowths which further add up for the yeast infection.
The sort of imbalance found in a woman can be triggered by pregnancy, an intake of antibiotics, having a weak immune system, becoming douching, hormonal imbalance, too much stress and tension and sleep deprivation. A few of the recognized and common symptoms which can lead to a woman suffering from yeast infection are as follows,
- Burning sensation.
- An unusual pain during intercourse.
- Occurrence of rashes.
- Soreness found.
- White, odorless discharge.
So all you ladies, if you find an occurrence of these yeast infection symptoms in yourself then try to treat it using the home remedies provided below. Else the more time you take in making it cure, simultaneously the more severe your infection might get.
Calendula is a flower having its roots in the daisy family. It’s considered to be a part of culinary as well as medical purposes. Moreover, Romans, Greeks and Indians have used it as a part of their religious rituals. Its petals are known to edible which can complement a salad by making it more colorful and flavorsome. There are even Calendula creams, ointments and oil which serve wide and varied purposes. Furthermore, it can be used as a great home remedy to treat yeast infections because it consists of anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal elements. In fact, It is one of the best home remedies for yeast infection. All you need to do is,
- Crush 2-3 Calendula leaves and apply the extracted paste on the affected area.
- Calendula ointment or lotion is a good substitute for it.
- Calendula tea prepared from its leaves can also help BUT pregnant women are strictly NOT allowed to drink it.
16. Grapefruit Seed Extract
It’s also termed as citrus seed extract which is extracted from the seeds and pulp of grapefruit. It is comprised of vitamins C and E, bioflavonoids which works towards the repairing of cell in one’s body. Moreover, they have strong antifungal properties which help fighting against and curing yeast infections in women. In order to make the best use of grapefruit seed extract, just follow the steps listed below to get rid of vaginal yeast infection.
- Put fresh grapefruit seed extract to use.
- Add 12-15 drops of it to water or juice.
- Drink the mixture at least twice or to maximum thrice in a day.
15. Boric Acid
Boric acid is considered to be a frail monobasic Lewis acid of boron which can be used for effectively treating yeast infection in women. Furthermore, it’s considered a good healer for this illness because of its anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. However, it need not be used directly but as a diluted mixture.
- Mix an equal amount of water with the same amount of boric acid and apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it for a while.
- Later, wash it off thoroughly.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Pregnant women need to avoid its use at all costs and even other women shouldn’t use it randomly as its toxic.
14. Avoid Repetitive Douching
Those of you who have a habit of regular douching need to take it easy and slow it down. This is so because the vagina is able to clean itself and this activity can cause the alteration of the vagina’s pH level. Moreover, a repetitive douching can further lead to pelvic inflammatory diseases (PID) or infections of,
- Fallopian tubes.
However, it may be helpful occasionally but not all the time.
13. Black Walnut
It comes from the walnut family which is used for the purposes of culinary, dying and preparing wood. Moreover, it consists of antifungal elements which help in combating against yeast infection a great deal. Furthermore, it’s used to heal one’s body against fungus, bacteria and yeasts. Then, in order to free the nut from husk it’s soaked after being harvested and the extract obtained from it helps in eradicating the yeast. Make sure to use walnuts regularly as an effective yeast infection treatment.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: It need not be used by pregnant women or those who still feed their babies and neither for the people who have kidney or liver infections as it may damage them.
This is considered as one if the best home remedies for curing yeast infection. It helps in calming down the burning sensations and itchiness in the vagina that one goes through. Furthermore, it works towards lowering down the growth of yeast. The use of plain yoghurt is highly recommendable for this purpose. There are different ways, in which you can do it,
- Apply 2 tbsp. of yoghurt on a tampon or cotton bud and insert it in your vagina.
- Next, let it be for an hour.
- However, don’t repeat this step more than twice a day.
- Or you can just eat it directly.
- And even use it as a douche alongside warm water for quick relief from vaginal yeast infection.
11. Strawberry/Cranbury Juice
They have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial components which can help combat against such a yeast infection. Moreover, Cranbury’s can be used to treat bladder as well as urinary infections and they can even acidify vaginal secretions making sure that they sweep away the yeast building and growing there. What you need to do to use this effective yeast infection treatment is given here,
- Drink unsweetened Cranbury and fresh strawberry juices multiple times a day.
- Drink it regularly for better and faster results.
- Cranbury tablets are a good substitute to it as well.
10. Avoid Harsh Soaps
Some soaps and feminine hygiene products lead to an irritation in the vagina and further alter the pH balance of it too. Moreover, don’t confide to routine douching if you aren’t suffering from any sort of yeast infections. A minor vinegar douche can help in restoring the vagina’s pH level back to normal and yoghurt douching works wonders too!
Garlic is one of the majorly used home remedies which serve majority purposes that are varied in nature. Garlic cloves of garlic knobs are put into action for beautification as well as medical purposes too. They’re considered fit for tooth aches, weight loss, heart diseases, respiratory problems and work as efficient antibiotics too. Moreover, garlic is considered of antifungal, antibiotic, antimicrobial and antibacterial elements which help it in combating against yeast infections. All these qualities make it one of the most amazing home remedies for yeast infection. In order to use it,
- Crush a few garlic cloves until they form a paste.
- Next, apply the paste directly to the area.
- Garlic tablets are a good substitute for it.
- And garlic cloves can even be consumed directly.
- Moreover, garlic oil can be used alongside Vitamin E and coconut oil.
I don’t why but just by even reading its name, my taste buds crave for it! Butter milk comprises of dairy drinks and is the output of whipping butter out of cream. It has loads of health benefits and is even available in the form of powdered butter milk. It’s one of the basic home remedies which is good for one’s skin as well as their over health. Furthermore, it can even be used to cure yeast infections symptoms. All you need to do is,
- Drink a glass of butter milk.
- Make it a habit to drink it twice a day.
- Its use will definitely speed up your recovery against this illness.
This is a dairy product as well which is gained through curdling milk. Curd products include different sorts of cheese like cottage cheese, curd cheese, pot cheese and others. It’s very healthy and helps boost one’s immunity too. Curd can be efficiently used to treat yeast infections. You can either have it directly or apply some of it on a tampon and insert it in the vagina for an hour or so. Repeat this twice a day to get rid of vaginal yeast infection.
Just like all the other remedies listed above, honey treats yeast infection pretty well too. It is that one home remedy which is used to combat skin blemishes, dark skin, damaged hair and now yeast infection even. All hail God as he created the honey bees that further work together to make honey! So it won’t be just Winnie the Pooh’s favorite from now on but all of you ladies too. All that you’re required to do is follow these steps, if you’re feeling yeast infection symptoms:
- Gently apply 2 tsp. of honey on the affected area.
- Leave it for ‘round 15 minutes.
- Later, wash it off with warm water.
5. Coconut Oil
For years and beyond, coconut oil is being used for beautification purposes. It should be applied in the hair so that it doesn’t get damaged. Moreover, it’s used for other skin and culinary purposes. As sweet as it smells, very sweetly it helps in fighting against various illnesses too such as yeast infection. It consists of anti-fungal properties which kills the infection that leads to this. As an effective yeast infection treatment, It can be used as,
- Take a bit of it on your fingertips.
- Next, gently apply it on the affected area.
- Repeat the same procedure at least thrice a day.
4. Basil Leaves
It’s a culinary herb which is known to cure yeast infections too. It can be used for other purposes too such as treating coughs and colds, stings and bites, calms the stomach, ear infections, stress reduction, works as an antibiotic and much more. You can include basil leaves in some of the best home remedies for yeast infection. All you need to do is,
- Boil 3-4 cups of water.
- Combine a bit of ground basil in the water that was put to boil.
- Later, cover it nice and good so that the steam doesn’t sweep away.
- Then gargle with that water once it cools down.
Cinnamon is used in both sweet and savory foods. It serves various purposes and there is even an essential oil made out of it. Ladies, tired of reading about bitter and uncomfortable home remedies to treat yeast infection? The use of cinnamon will make it all go away as it’s a sweet and tasty home remedy which combats against yeast infection. All you need to do is modify your diet a bit and include cinnamon laced tea and cinnamon toast in it whilst you’re suffering from this illness. It’ll help cure vaginal yeast infection and will also help in weight reduction too.
Quick link = Health benefits of cinnamon
2. Warm Vinegar Bath
Lovelies, here is a chance to relax and get your mind off from all of the usual tensions of life and the tight schedules which drive you crazy. Give a bit time to yourself, to relax and feel at peace, that’s a treatment within itself too! If you’re suffering from this illness, then I will definitely encourage you to take out sometime for yourself and enjoy a nice and warm bath which will help cure your infection as well as provide you with relaxation too. All you need to do is,
- Fill your bathtub with warm water and a cup of vinegar to it.
- Lie down and relax a bit in the bath.
- Try soaking the affected area with this water for about 15-20 minutes.
Like many others discussed above, it has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Furthermore, it consists of bebeerine which is avigorous element to defeat the yeasts and its roots cure the infection. It’s even used to detoxify the liver and boost up the immune system which leads to a healthy and happy body. However, as it causes nausea then pregnant women should stay at a safer distance from its use.
- Try to stay dry and loose.
- Keep the vaginal area dry and tidy.
- Make it a habit to change tampons after every 8 hours.
- Practice meditation or yoga to live stress-free.
- Avoid intercourse while suffering through this illness.
- Try not to wear nylon or synthetic fibers.
- Avoid harsh soaps.
- Eat healthy and take supplements.
- Don’t wear under garments while asleep.
- Use antifungal creams.
- Begin wearing cotton textured clothes and under garments.