Calling out to all the gorgeous ladies who are reading this, were you ever familiar with the fact that you could be washing your face in the wrong manner? As you continue reading you’re going to come across various ways in which you’ve washed your face and it was certainly wrong. After returning home from works, school, coming back from a wedding, dinner party or a friend’s birthday the first thing you do is reached out to the washroom in order to wash your face and clean off your makeup. But wait, are you sure of the fact that the manner in which you’re washing your face is actually leading to cleaning it and not creating any sort of damages for your facial skin?
Be it washing your face after waking up in the morning or before going to bed, it’s a habit which you’ve developed since you were little and has been an activity which you think that you’ve mastered in, similar to brushing your hair or taking a shower. However, you could be wrong too. You maybe subliminally damage your skin by washing it in the wrong manner such as inviting dryness, irritation, blemishes, acne, and premature sagging etcetera towards it. So in order to take good care of your facial skin and making it appear younger looking and beautiful just follow the techniques listed below which will swap the wrong ways to washing your face with all the correct one’s.
15. No- Hot Water
I’m sure that the thought of taking a steam or washing your face with warm water must’ve occurred to you as it’s a unanimously recognized fact that it helps clean the excess dirt and impurities stored on your face. However, that’s a sort of delusion because hot water doesn’t really help in opening up the pores on your face but washing your face with warm water does sway away the excess dirt found on your face. Moreover, washing your face with hot tap water can turn out to be harsh for the skin leading to make it dry. So what you need to do is,
- Wash your face with cold tap water or lukewarm water.
- Furthermore, this will help in cleaning away the dirt and impurities too.
- Lukewarm water is preferred over cold tap water to gently wash your face and later rinse it.
14. The Wrong Product
This is one common mistake which women tend to make. They usually believe the advertisements they watch on television or the print ads which cross their eyes via billboards, print magazines or surfing ‘round the internet. However, one should always pick and choose the product for their face very wisely as it can result in either benefiting the skin or harming it; and I’m sure that no one wants the latter part. One should look for that sort of cleanser which is neither too hard which will result in making the skin irritated and dry and nor is it too soft which will require scrubbing and cleaning twice. Consequently, find a cleanser that
- Completely removes make up.
- Moreover, it sways away unnecessary grimes and excessive dirt off the skin too.
- And which doesn’t take away the natural shine of the face.
- Furthermore, it keeps the natural oils and cells calm and healthy.
13. Before Washing The Face
What one normally tends to do is get inside the washroom, open the water tap, splash some water over the face using the hands, close the tap and leave the washroom thinking that they’ve washed their face well and good. But what they don’t know is that this is a generally wrong approach. Dear ladies, always remember that whenever you come home from outside and get to wash your face, the first and foremost thing should be washing your hands and removing your make up.
- Begin by washing your hands with a soap bar.
- This is vital because you’ll be washing your face with those hands and they need to be clean.
- Now, you’re all set to wash your face.
12. Remove Make Up
I don’t tend to generalize this fact amongst every woman out there but it is true that women rush to wash their face even without removing make up. Consequently, this is a main mistake that one shouldn’t make as it will lead to a much disturbed skin after having washed the face. This is the case because the impurities and dirt of the leftover make up would remain on the face and until it’s not scrubbed more than twice they won’t leave the skin. This would lead to a harsh treatment for the skin while making it turn red, tightened and severely dry. So in order to combat against this habit,
- Take a cotton bud.
- Dip it in a moisturizer or baby oil.
- Gently use it against the face in order to remove all the makeup there is.
- Later, wash your face clean.
11. Over Washing
Not cleaning or washing the face can lead to a buildup of excessive dirt and impurities stored on the face which can lead to various skin problems. So in order to avoid that, ladies all across tend to wash their face numerous times throughout the course of a day. However, what they don’t tend to realize is that excess face washing can result in irritation, encourage oil production, cause wrinkles and lead to an ageing of the skin. However you’re suggested to,
- Wash your face just twice a day.
- The best times are after waking up in the morning and before going to bed at night.
- Moreover if you tend to wash your face between those time periods, don’t splash water against your face but use wipes instead.
- However, make sure that you don’t use them disproportionately.
10. The Wash
Now you have to learn the art of washing your face! So after you’ve washed your face with water, next you have to lather up your face with an appropriate cleanser or a face wash. Begin by,
- Applying it on your face.
- Next, massage your face in circular motions.
- And move your hands outward from the center of your face.
- Work along your t-zone, jawline and along your hair line as well.
- Try massaging for ‘round 30 seconds or a bit more until it leathers up good on the face.
- Just gently massage your face nice and good.
9. Not Rinsing Completely
So dear ladies, have you ever cross checked yourself after washing your face with a cleanser? If you haven’t then begun doing so because it’s a fact that if the cleanser foam hasn’t been washed or rinsed off properly then it cause harm to the facial skin. Moreover, one should always have a practice of washing off anything that they apply on the face quite properly. This can be anything inclusive of facial masks, scrubs, face washes or cleansers. However, if not rinsed off properly then the cleanser which is left behind on the skin can allow pores to get blocked themselves and further result in drying the skin and making it tighter. So all you need to do is,
- Rinse the face consistently until all the cleanser and its foam has been washed off.
- Wash along the hairline, neck and the nose as well.
- Don’t hurry with it.
- Take ample time to apply the cleanser, scrub your face and later rinse it off properly.
8. Not Exfoliating Properly
The most vital part of washing the face is exfoliating it nice and good. If you didn’t know, but exfoliating properly leads to a healthy skin and not exfoliating properly leads to the other way ‘round. This process will further help you in improving skin texture and skin tone while making your face appear younger and much more beautiful. Furthermore, a genuine advice would be exfoliating your face at least twice a week through a scrub bought from the market or a homemade one would help too. In order to make a scrub at home begin by,
- Mixing sugar, honey and grinded coriander together.
- Next, softly apply the scrub all over your face.
- Later, gently rub your face by not making too many harsh movements along with it.
- Then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- The best time to do this would be before going to bed at night.
7. Scrub Softly
As discussed above, whenever you sought to scrub your face then do it very smoothly and gently so that it doesn’t cause any sort of harm or damage to the skin. However, if you scrub harshly than your facial skin will turn red causing severe irritation to it. Ladies, if you find yourself rubbing your face too hard then stop right there and then! And starts being nice to your face by treating it delicately just like the skin of a new born baby. However, if you still continue to scrub your face abrasively and aggressively then it can result it,
- Broken capillaries.
- Inflammation to the skin.
6. No Irritating Ingredients Allowed
A humble request to everyone reading this, you are precious and so is your face. It makes who you are and what you look like so it’s your responsibility to take care of it. Ladies, treat your face delicately and it will make you appear healthier, younger and much more beautiful than ever! So my genuine opinion would be, keeping irritating ingredients far away from your face and skin. These ingredients include,
- Synthetic preservatives.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate, it causes awful irritation and allergies to the skin.
5. Cleaning the Face Afterwards
Using a dirty towel which is used by others for rubbing against your face after washing it is definitely not a good idea. As stated earlier, your face needs to be handled delicately and if you’re going to rub it with an overly used towel then that it is not a good idea at all. You’re suggested to pat your face dry and not literally rub it against your face after washing it as this pulls your skin which can leads to a dangerous risk for the elastin of your face.
4. Using Dirty Towel
This is a greatly important notice; don’t use a dirty damp wash cloth or towel to pat your face dry. Moreover, a soggy wash cloth is very likely to turn dirty pretty quickly and using it again and again can redeposit dirt back to your face. Consequently in order to get escape the acne, blemishes and pimples bought by its use, regularly wash the towel every day. Furthermore,
- Wash it with a mild detergent.
- Later, let it soak and dry under the scotching sun.
- In this way you’ll be able to sway away all the impurities and dirt stored in it.
3. Take Your Time
Considering that your face is an essential part of your body, you’re supposed to take efficient measures in order to treat it right. Just like we come across various advertisements in which it’s advised that one should wash their hands and brush their teeth consistently for one minute then in my opinion the same should be applied for washing the face too. So you’re a beauty queen, wear that invisible crown and give ample time for the cleaning of your face so that it makes your skin appear glossy and healthier. However, mostly women wash their face just by splashing some water over their face once or twice a day but for a better looking skin you should,
- Wash your face properly.
- Cleanse it nicely.
- Next, rinse it off neatly.
- Later, pat your face dry gently.
2. Moisturize Immediately!
A very common mistake that most women tend to make is not moisturizing their face after washing it. Moreover, the use of a cleanser to wash the face eradicates moisture from the skin by making it dry and irritating. Consequently, don’t waste time doing irrelevant things after washing your face but moisturize it right there and then. The benefits of applying a good moisturizer on your face are that it acts as a protective shield and combats against water evaporating from your skin by further making it dry and irritated. So in order to make your face appear healthy, nicely moisturize it after washing and patting it dry. You’re required to,
- Get a moisturizer that suits your skin type.
- Apply it quickly after washing the face.
- The same is required for serums or other special treatment products.
1.Cleanser for Various Skin Types
You must’ve heard this statement of using a cleanser which suits your skin type. Well this isn’t just a phrase or a statement but also a vital suggestion that one should focus on. Moreover, one is required to use that particular cleanser which suits their skin type because it won’t cause any sort of harm or an unwanted reaction to the skin but will make it appear much more healthy, glossy and pretty.
- Normal skin types: Use a light cream cleanser if you have this skin type. Moreover, you can also use a blemish control cleanser in order to get rid of oiliness or breakouts.
- Oil or acne prone skin: Use an antiseptic cleanser to eradicate bacteria away from your face and keeping the pores clean. Moreover, use a gentle cleanser to protect against breakouts.
- Dry or mature skin: Use cleaning oils and balms to combat against dry skin and also go for an oil cleaning method which will make wrinkles and lines appear less on your face.
- Sensitive skin: Use a cleanser which doesn’t include any sort of ingredient which can cause irritation and further keep away from products that contain fragrance within them.
- Wash your face twice a day.
- Use a good cleanser for your face.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Designate a separate wash cloth or towel to dry your face after washing it.
- Splash water on your face twice in order to cross check whether the cleanser has been cleaned away or not.
- Ice your face if washed with hot water.
- Don’t share the towel or washcloth through which you dry your face with any other.
- Avoid rubbing your face in order to dry it, pat it instead.
- Try not to experiment the use of cheap and new products on your face.
- Don’t use a cleanser more than once a day.