Nail polish is the major thing that causes yellow nails. Especially dark shades and the pigments used in the nail polish can blemish your nail shapes over time. If you want to learn how to get rid of yellow nails, you should use a clear base coat before using nail polish of your favorite color. Poor lifestyle habits, excessive smoking, chronic liver disease, and fungal infection may be some other reasons of yellow nails. The presence of yeast infection under the nails may be another reason of yellow nails.
Yellow nails look very ugly and you will feel shame in front of other people if you have yellow nails. However, this problem should be resolved quickly before the infection extends further on the nails. This problem can be resolved in the home by avoiding beloved nail polishes, wearing the comfortable shoes that can give sufficient ventilation, changing the socks regularly, drying the feet after bathing. Yellow nails can be a source of unpleasant odor and they become dull, lusterless and thick. In the beginning, the condition generally affects only one nail and then it spreads on all nails. Whole nail does not become yellowish, only specific area of affected nail become yellowish in color.
- Following are few remedies to get rid of yellow nails that are very efficient.
Lemon can efficiently help to get rid of yellow nails because it is a natural bleaching agent. Furthermore, lemon juice also provides the work of an astringent. Just try this amazing DIY solution using lemons to get rid of yellow toenails or fingernail.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Take a half bowl of fresh lemon juice. Steep the affected nails in this juice for 10 to 15 minutes. After that, use a soft toothbrush to softly brush the yellow strains of your nails. At the end, after cleaning the hands with lukewarm water use moisturizing lotion to stock up worthy moisture. Repeat this process frequently until you see the result.
- You can also use lemon vital oil as an alternate. Discharge some lemon vital oil into the bowl and then dip your nails in that bowl for few minutes. At the end, use a soft toothbrush to brush your affected nails for one of two minutes. If you want to whiten your nails, repeat this process twice in a day for few weeks.
19. Hydrogen Peroxide
Another best way to get rid of yellow nails is the use of hydrogen peroxide because hydrogen peroxide has cleaning characteristics that efficiently work on yellow nails. But use the solution in which only 3 percent hydrogen peroxide is included
- Make the solution with three to four tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and a half cup of water.
- Dip your affected nails into that solution for few minutes. Then scrub your nails with a soft toothbrush.
- After that, clean your nails with water. Repeat this process one time in a week for few months.
- Use hydrogen peroxide on your affected nails directly and scrub them softly with a toothbrush for mulish stains.
- Apply moisturizing lotion on your nails after using hydrogen peroxide because hydrogen peroxide can dehydrate your nails.
18. Quit Smoking
However, this is not a home remedy but it is a very easy and comfortable technique to get whiter nails. Smoking can be a cause of yellow nails. No doubt, quitting the addiction is very hard in starting but you will definitely get positive results after giving up the habit of smoking.
- Once start living without smoking.
- You will observe that your nails become whiter and shiny.
- So give up smoking and get whiter nails without stain.
17. Baking Soda
Learn how to get rid of yellow nails effectively using this baking soda remedy. Baking soda can help you very efficiently to get rid of yellow nails because baking soda has the properties of exfoliating and bleaching.
Make a solution of half tablespoons of baking soda and one tablespoon of 3 % of hydrogen peroxide in the bowl. Apply the mixture on the affected nails with the help of cotton swabs. Clean it with lukewarm water after leaving it for three to four minutes.
Make a thick paste of one-half teaspoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of baking soda and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Use a soft toothbrush to rub your affected nails with this mixture. Clean it with warm water after leaving it for about five minutes.
16. Use A Base Coat
If you want to use nail polish and you have your yellow nails due to the nail infection, then you should use a base coat on nails before applying the nail polish on the nails.
- Your nails will be protected and nail polish will not make any effect on the affected nails.
- Base coat is very beneficial for the girls who wish to use nail polish.
“These home remedies are essential to get rid of yellow nails. It is also important that how you follow these home remedies if you follow these remedies in a proper way you will not get any side effect. There are many other home remedies to get rid of yellow nails, but they also have some side effects therefore they are avoided by people. Follow these home remedies and get tremendous results and you will get whiter and shiny nails very soon.”
15. Whitening Toothpaste
The toothpaste you use for your teeth can also help to get rid of yellow nails by removing yellow stains from nails. Find the toothpaste that contains the whitening ingredient and hydrogen peroxide and use it for removing yellow stains.
- Use whitening toothpaste on your yellow toenails or fingernails in a small amount and then leave your nails for five to ten minutes.
- Scrub your nails softly with a nail brush.
- Use cotton balls to wash the toothpaste off.
14. Denture Cleaning Tablets
Denture cleaning tablet is another efficient ingredient for stained nails. Sodium bicarbonate and citric acid are the two most common ingredients in the denture cleaning tablets. These ingredients help to remove different stains.
- Mix up two or three denture cleaning tablets in a bowl which contain lukewarm water.
- Dip your affected toenails or fingernails in the water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Dry your hands and apply some moisturizing lotion on your hands.
13. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is very efficient and best way If you wan to learn how to get rid of yellow nails if your nails become yellow due to some fungus relevant infection. Tea tree oil will facilitate to fight infection and make your nails shiny because it has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties.
- Use an eye dropper to apply pure tea tree oil to your affected nails. Then leave it for 2 to 3 minutes and then clean it with lukewarm water. Repeat this process twice in a day for some months and you will get positive results.
- Make a mixture of equal quantity of olive oil and tea tree oil. Use cotton balls to apply it on your affected nails. Repeat this process daily two times for few months.
12. Apple Cider Vinegar
The stains of the nails will be reduced if you will use apple cider vinegar in which acetic acid and malic acid present. Apple cider vinegar will help to treat nail infection because it has antifungal properties.
- Make a mixture of lukewarm water and apple cider vinegar.
- Dip your affected fingernails or toenails in it for few minutes.
- Use a soft towel to dry your nails.
- Repeat this process daily 3 times for a month.
11. Orange Peel
Do you know how to get rid of yellow nails using orange? If answer is no then follow these tips. If you want to remove the yellowish color of your nails then you need to use orange peel because it has a high amount of vitamin C.
- Use an orange peel to rub your nails twice or thrice in a day. You will get effective results within few weeks.
- Make a thick paste with little water and two tablespoons of orange peel. Use this paste on your affected nails and leave it for few minutes. After that, remove the paste from your nails by a soft toothbrush. At the end wash your nails with lukewarm water. Repeat this process twice in a day for two weeks.
10. Ginger Ale
- Ginger ale is another way to get rid of yellow toenails.
- Take ginger ale and soak your feet in the ginger ale
- Repeat this process once in a day and you will get positive results.
9. Avoid Paying A Visit To A Foot Doctor
If you observe that the color of your nails becoming yellow, it means you are suffering from the nail infection. In such case if you want to get rid of this infection, you can choose to visit the doctor but you can also avoid this step because you can treat nail infection in home without spending large amount of money.
- It is advised to avoid visiting the doctor.
- Use home remedies to get rid of yellow nails.
8. Use A Medicated Nail Polish
If you will use nail polish on the affected nail, the infection will spread to all the nails. Instead using nail polish you can use medicated nail polish which will actually help to control the infection on all the nails. If you are doing a treatment on your affected nails and using nail polish then it will stop curing your nails while medicated nail polish help to get rid of yellow nails.
- Medicated nail polish will help to make shine your hands and also cure your nails.
- Repeat this process for a week and you will get positive results.
7. Use A Herbal Cream
There are lots of products to get rid of yellow nails and fungus infection, but most of the treatments are useless and waste the money. Use herbal medicated cream to get rid of yellow nails which is the best way to remove the yellow color of your nails and it has no side effect.
- Herbal cream gives instant results.
- You can also use natural cream to get rid of fungus infection on a permanent basis.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil can enter the cell wall of Candida. It destroys the fungus through the protective cell wall. In this way, it is a very good source to get rid of yellow nails and yellow toenails.
- Apply a layer of coconut oil on the yellow nail and leave it for about 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process as many times as you can in a day and get great results.
5. Lavender And Extra Virgin Olive Oil Soak
- This is a natural remedy to get rid of yellow nails. You can use lavender and extra virgin olive oil for this purpose.
- Soak your nails in the mixture of virgin olive oil and lavender and leave it for some minutes.
- Repeat this process for some weeks and get tremendous results.
Mouthwash is not only a helping thing to kill the bacteria of mouth, but it can also facilitate to remove the stain and infection of nails. Mouthwash prevents the development of fungi and germs because it contains compounds that work as antiseptic.
- Make a mixture of white vinegar and the equal amount of mouthwash in a bowl.
- Soak the affected nails in this mixture for few minutes.
- Use a toothbrush to scrub the affected nails softly and after that clean it.
- Dry your nails and repeat this process twice in a day for few months.
3. Use fruit
If you think that fruits can fix any problem, then you will love to hear that you can use fruits like juniper berries, oranges to get rid of yellow nails and get whiter and shiny nails. If you will take an orange daily, and rub your nails with it twice or thrice in a day you will get rid of the stain of nails.
- Add one teaspoon of the juniper berries in the warm water and soak your nails in it.
- Repeat this process daily one time and then see the amazing results.
2. Oil Of Oregano
Oil of oregano mixed with olive oil works as antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic, antiparasitic and as an analgesic agent. Try this simple remedy to clean your yellow toenails.
- Make a mixture of 2 drops of oil of oregano and one teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply this mixture on the affected nail using cotton and leave it for few minutes.
- Clean your nails and dry them.
- Repeat this process twice in a day.
1. Zeta Clear
If you have yellow nails and have a fungal infection on your nails, Zetaclear is a very important thing for you. Zetaclear acts to get into the stain that has implanted itself soak into your nails. Zetaclear firstly removes the stain from your nails and then help to return your nail in a healthy condition and make it shiny again. There are no harmful side effects of Zetaclear. Zetaclear is recommended by FDA as it is the best and effective treatment against the nail infection.
- It is in a gel form therefore you can use it safely and you do not have any fear to run down to the skin or fear of burning the carpet.
- It comes in a bottle with a brush.
- Tea tree oil is the main ingredient of Zetaclear which is very strong antiseptic and go inside the nail to fight the infection.
Follow the remedies very carefully which are suitable for your skin.
- As all these remedies are not effective and may be all these may not have the good effects so you should visit the doctor to get a proper advice.
- All of these remedies are home based so you should get natural ingredients and all the products that are in good quality.
- In these remedies, some of the products and chemicals have side effects so you should be very careful.
- If you get any problem with your skin with these remedies, do not continue to follow these remedies more.
- If your skin is sensitive, do not be careless.
- Do not use the medicines in your home remedies which are not proven by the dermatologist.
- Do not use these remedies in very excessive amount. If you do this maybe you will get some disadvantages of these remedies.