Valentine’s day is supposed to be the most romantic day of the year and every single person in a relationship want to make it special for their significant other. Valentine’s Day is synonymous with declaration of your love and bringing out the romantic in you, after all it is the most romantic day of the year, right? That’s right until you find yourself sitting too close to a couple who is not afraid of their public display of affection and their conversation keeps on taking you back to the gift you bought for your boyfriend. In your head you are thinking is it a bit too much or did I get him too little? Will he really find it romantic enough? Does it really show my true emotions?
Who hasn’t fallen prey to valentine’s snafus from getting last minute gifts for him to the lingerie disasters! We know most guys find the chocolates and cupids a bit too much and well guys just function differently. So if you have been looking for gift ideas for him and want something completely out of the box, this article is sure to guide you. What is the most unique thing you can do for your guy on valentine’s which is sure to drive him crazy? We have listed 15 ideas that you can try without putting a dent on your pocket. However, just remember:
- To improvise and don’t be afraid of experimenting and playing
- Love doesn’t have limits or bonds, therefore anything that comes from heart would be romantic
- When your guy knows you have done something for him from the heart he will surely appreciate it.
Here are our 15 Valentine’s Day ideas which will make any man crazy.
15. Go Ice- Skating
Ditch the traditional stuff and instead of booking a dinner date to some exuberant restaurant, go for ice-skating. Guys get bored very easily and love anything which is a bit contemporary. If you are thinking where is the romance in it? Hello? If anything that Hollywood has taught you about ice skating rinks is that they are the place where romance breeds. From ‘Cutting Edge’ to ‘Blades of Glory’ to ‘Serendipity’ we have all seen romance flourishing in these rinks. In fact, it is one of best romantic ways to celebrate Valentine’s day.
- If you are a pro at this stuff, you can impress your guy with your skills. If not, well it just gives you two a chance to be completely playful and actually get closer as you two help each other in staying on your feet.
- Don’t forget the hot cocoa afterwards.
14. Become a Snow Bunny
Is there anything more romantic yet fun than a good snow play with your guy? We don’t think so. So if you are lucky enough to be in a city where you still have snow go be a snow bunny with him. Usually the idea of slipping on ice is a big turn off and you are thinking warm instead of freezing. Don’t you remember how much fun it was to throw snow balls at your friends and make snowman as a kid? Why not relive those days with your guy? It is actually one of the most romantic and fun things to do with your boyfriend on any special occasion. Need more convincing ladies:
- Guys like a girl who is not afraid of showing her playful side much more than the calm, composed you.
- After the snow ball and snow angels your guy would be more than eager to warm you up, trust us on this one.
13. Give a Gift That Keeps Giving
When it comes to driving men totally crazy just remember even when it comes to gifts their usual idea of a gift may be very different from ours. They like stuff which is practical and stuff which they can use and keep using. A brilliant idea is to give a gift which keeps on giving. How? You may ask. The simple answer to this is get him a gift which comes in parts, that way he is reminded of your love not just on Valentine’s day but every month when he receives a part of his gift he will have a smile on his face. Boyfriend gift Ideas that keep giving:
- A 6 month or yearly membership to is favorite gym or fitness class
- Subscription to his favorite magazine
- A gift card for Apple or android app store, whichever your guy uses
- We found a brilliant website called Amazingclubs.com which delivers beer, coffee even hot sauce on monthly basis. There is a wide variety to choose from and you can ask them to keep on delivering something to your boyfriend’s doorstep for the next 12 or 6 months depending on your budget. It is also prefect choice If you’re looking for long distance relationship gifts for him. Yes, you are welcome!
12. Be The Lady in Red
Remember the classic “Lady in red is dancing with me”, the song became such a huge hit not just because it is such a great song but also because there is something very sensual about a woman dressed in the color red. Men find red very attractive, trust us you dress the part and he won’t be able to keep his hands to himself. The color red is associated with love and romance all around the world and it multiplies your sexual appeal many times.
- If red seems a bit too much you can carry it with a jeans or some black tights and a top with a hint of red or pink during the day time
- For the evening you could even wear a dress which has combination of black or even navy blue in it.
- Don’t forget to wear your most dashing red lipstick and nice heels to finish your valentine’s day look.
“When it comes to driving men totally crazy just remember even when it comes to gifts their usual idea of a gift may be very different from ours. They like stuff which is practical and stuff which they can use and keep using.”
11. Buy Him Tickets to a Game
If you get him tickets to game for his favorite team, you will be sure to drive him crazy. All his friends will tell him you have the best girlfriend ever and you get a chance to do something different with him. A good relationship is all about appreciating each other’s likes and dislikes. It is one of the most important signs of a healthy relationship. He will be doing something he absolutely loves and you will love watching him. A lot of celebrities have been seen accompanying their men to the game night. Some of them include:
- Vanessa Huygens
- Victoria Beckham
- Amal Alamuddin
10. Have Dinner in Bed
Going out for dinner on the eve of Valentine often leaves a sour taste in your mouth. The service is usually pathetic, despite booking in advance you have to wait and your dinner is never as peaceful as you’d like it to be with all the other couples just cramped up. I honestly don’t see any romance in that, this is something that just needs to go. So, how about you have dinner at home and in your bed, instead? You could go as fancy as you want or just be a complete minimalist with only making his favorite dish. Here is what you can do to make this dinner one of the most intimate ones ever.
- Get some of your favorite scented candles
- Sprinkle some rose petals to set the mood
- You could play your favorite music in the background
- Just keep everything you might need on a close by table or trolley such as champagne
- Lastly don’t forget to dress sexy for your man!
9. Have an Indoor Picnic
Picnics are always romantic, just take it next level this Valentine’s Day and have one indoors. It is the best way how a couple should celebrate valentine’s day to rekindle their love. You don’t have to worry about the weather or finding a secluded spot. Your guy will love the innovative idea and all the effort you put into this unique idea. Remember Valentine’s day isn’t about doing what everyone does or has been doing it is about you two and once again the best gift you can give someone is the time of gift. To set your indoor picnic
- Get some picnic snacks and a bottle of vine
- Prop up some pillows and blankets for you to sit on
- Decorate the place with Christmas string lights and candles
- You can just lie in his lap and let him feed you or vice versa to your heart’s content without worrying about the prying eyes of others.
“All his friends will tell him you have the best girlfriend ever and you get a chance to do something different with him. A good relationship is all about appreciating each other’s likes and dislikes.”
8. Cook Him a Grand Meal
We all must have heard ‘a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach’, well those days are gone. But once in a while it is a good idea to use that route too. Most of us are too busy these days and have all the same responsibilities which men had in the older days. Therefore, cooking an extravagant meal is just an occasional thing. How about this Valentine’s instead of buying him fancy stuff and spending time at an overcrowded fancy restaurant why don’t you do just that for him?
- You can look online for a number of meal ideas for two. You could make him a chocolate mousse to finish the dessert or how about some strawberry Bellini
- If you are not in your gourmet mood no problem, there is plenty of other things such as baking cupcakes from a semi-prepared batter or getting prepared pizza dough and baking it in a heart shape instead of round.
- How about you ask him to join you as you prepare the meal, there is something really sexy about men in the kitchen and this way your eyes will get a feast before it reaches your tummy.
7. Don’t Forget About the Bare Necessities
When we say bare necessities we are referring to your lingerie. Nothing will put a bigger smile on your man’s face than knowing that you are going all out and looking sexy just for him. A good set of lingerie is an essential for a romantic night. It does a lot more than just make you look sexy.
- A good set of lingerie works like a confidence booster
- A sexy bra not only makes you look prettier but also feels beautiful.
- Either buy something new or wear something he has never seen before.
6. Take a Walk down the Memory Lane
Valentine’s Day is all about celebrating your love and there could be no better day to tell him what makes him so special. How about you take him down the memory lane this Valentine’s Day? There is plenty you can do, just think through your memories.
- Start going through old pictures and videos.
- You could take out some of the old pictures, get a scrapbook, some cute stickers and ribbons and there you go. Just make one using whatever feels good No rules there!
- If you are not a crafty kind of girl and you think your guy won’t be all that thrilled by a book how about making a video. You can combine your digital picture and videos into one video and even add your favorite romantic track in the background.
- Making a video is actually a lot easier now with a number of video editing software available.
- Another idea can also be making a nice picture collage and getting it framed.
“You don’t have to worry about the weather or finding a secluded spot. Your guy will love the innovative idea and all the effort you put into this unique idea.”
5. Book a Hotel Room for the Night
If you are really in the mood to splurge, why don’t you book a room for two at a romantic hotel or resort nearby? It is a perfect way to spoil yourself, relax and be with one another. If you have roommates it is the perfect way to get away from them and also your routine.
- Sometimes to recharge your romance it is best to invest in change of scenery
- You could order room service, cuddle in the nice comfy bed or even take bubble bath. You don’t have to worry about cleaning after yourselves or making the bed.
- If you have some more time on your hands you can even go away for the weekend.
4. Make Him a Love Coupon Book
When trying to come up with gifts for him, a coupon book makes an ideal Valentine’s Day gift. You can either make one or even go for one of those ready-made ones and write anything you want in it. If you can’t get to a craft store even a simple journal which has lines or cut out marks around the coupons would do. You could just grab a few markers and create cute coupons with hearts or bows or any other shape that you want to. The idea is simple and pocket friendly but it is a one of the best ways to show your love. By giving him love coupons book you are changing some rules. If he wants something he doesn’t have to ask for it, he can simply give you a coupon. It is cute and he will just love the thought that every time he comes up to you drop everything and fulfill his wish. Some things you could put on the coupons:
- A 30 minute back rub
- The T.V. remote is yours for the night
- A day out without the kids
- Today, you decide what we do
- Breakfast in bed
- Good for one lunch date.
3. Create a Day Full of Surprises
This is a brilliant idea, instead of giving him one why don’t you give him multiple little surprises. However, depending upon if you are married or in a relationship you might need some help from your friends or maybe his to make this one work. Just surprise him with little things throughout the day so he knows how much you appreciate him being there and this is your unique way of showing it.
- If you and your boyfriend don’t live together, how about you show up at his place before he wakes up and surprise him with breakfast in bed. You can off course do the same if you are married.
- Another idea is if send him a small box of chocolates or something like that at his work.
- You could also make someone hand over the parcel to them on their way to work or when the two of you are taking a walk in the park and he discovers a parcel addressed to him.
- Another brilliant idea is if you go out for dinner surprise them with a bottle of chilled champagne, music playing and some rose petals scattered on the bed as you return home. Off course you would need help from your friends to execute this Valentine’s Day surprise idea.
“If he wants something he doesn’t have to ask for it, he can simply give you a coupon. It is cute and he will just love the thought that every time he comes up to you drop everything and fulfill his wish.”
2. Go on Your First Date
No matter how long you have been together for we are sure you still remember your first date together. Talk to your partner and both of you play the part. Act as if you know nothing about each other and rediscover each other. Try to remember what was it like? Go to the same spot, ask them the same questions. Were you shy, inquisitive or talkative? Did you joke around to make each other feel at ease? This will take you down memory lane. It is why married couple visit their favorite honeymoon destinations again to rekindle their love by bringing back the romance of earlier days.
- We often go back in time with our thoughts and remember the good old days, this way you get to relive them.
- Going back on your first date is great way to rekindle the spark in your relationship to the already special St. Valentine’s Day.
- You two will make a great memory and as you start to rediscover each other it might even strengthen your bind even further.
1. Tell Him What Makes Him So Special
Ok, you love him and that’s why the two of you are together. That seems obvious, but why do you love him? What makes him apart? Why did you choose him over everyone else? Buy some red colored paper or even paper of different colors. Cut out hearts of different sizes from each of these papers. On each little heart tell him why you love him. It’s OK to get carried away, when you are in a relationship it is the little things that makes one fall in love over and over and not the big ones. Tell him about these things and thank him.
- You can either decorate your apartment or his if you don’t live together with these hearts. Off course you do this while he is away at work and let him discover them as he gets home. His smile will brighten with each heart he discovers.
- You could even turn this into a little game. Don’t place all the hearts outside; instead hide them throughout the place. Each heart can have a hint to where he may find the next one. As he finds the last of them, place it above your gift.
- You could even jot down some of your favorite memory together and how it brings a smile on your face or remind him how he was there for you at a difficult time and how much that meant to you.
A Few More Things to Remember
We are sure you will find something fun, romantic and totally you in all these ideas which are sure to drive your man crazy. Just remember these things:
- The best gift you can give each other is of time and not money. So no matter how busy you are take some time out to spend him with him on this day.
- True love is not dependent on money you don’t have to burn a hole in your pocket to express your true emotions.
- Don’t hold yourself back on this day, it is OK to get carried away and let your emotions flow free.
- Men are often not that impressed by the materialistic things or how expensive the gift is. A Man who truly loves you will appreciate the effort you put into making his day special. So make that effort and let it come from your heart.
“Another brilliant idea is if you go out for dinner surprise them with a bottle of chilled champagne, music playing and some rose petals scattered on the bed as you return home. Off course you would need help from your friends to execute this Valentine’s Day surprise idea.”