Being a teenager all you want to do is explore different things and enjoy. It is always you and your friends up to so many exciting things but usually they are either not permit able to you by your parents or it is illegal for you to do it. So, if you are turning 18 soon then you really you need to see what is this age bringing up for you. You would definitely be one mature adult and hence you would be allowed to do stuff that was kept away from you because of the legal issues. Now, the time has come for which you were waiting since a long time, for you to step into a whole new world of experience.
25. Choose Your Own Leader
Being an adult with an individual mind set you have a right to choose what you really need as your leader. You might be very different from you parents and other family members and you always wanted to cast a vote for a different person rather than the one who your family is opting for. No one would actually want to give their part of vote to your thought and vote for the one you want them to rather than the one they actually want to vote.
- If you are turning 18 and the elections are coming up soon than you can choose to vote for anyone on your own whom you think should be voted.
- Many people don’t use their and let it go useless but it is always better to go out and vote because after you are 18 it is your legal right.
24. Enjoy A Ride Of Your Own Car
Be it a girl or a boy the excitement to drive a car or a bike resides in every teenager. If you have some elder friends who have already turned 18 or your elder siblings who are allowed to drive, watching them do it makes your urge to drive more high. Driving is not that difficult even a 16 year old can learn it but it’s all about getting a legal permission to drive.
- When you turn 18 you can go and get some driving lessons and if you are have already learnt how to drive than you can go for a driving license very easily.
- Once you can get a driving license no one can stop you from driving.
23. Book A Hotel Room
If you want to go for a trip and book a hotel for your stay you have to be 18 year of age to do so. There are no hotel bookings been taken below the age of 18 years. And then you would have to ask your parents to do it for you.
- If you were living in a dorm and you wanted to make a plan with your friends for the coming Easter holidays from your saving without letting your parents know about it for they might not allow you
- Then you would have to ask an elder buddy of your to get the hotel booking done for you. Otherwise you can’t go on the trip.
22. Spend More Time On Your Work
You really want to save up to get that ps3 for yourself or buy an expensive ring for your girlfriend and then only thing is working a bit more than the usual hours. But this is really not allowed at all. Before the age of 18 years one cannot work more than the certain specified hours which are being allocated.
- It is illegal to work for more than the given hours before the age of 18.
- Turning 18 can let you work for more than the usual hours without any issues.
“Learn about what you can do when you turn 18 and start planning great things for yourself ahead.”
21. Feel Mature By Adopting A Child
Well, 18 is a very young age to adopt a child for yourself. But there are young and rich celebrities who like doing such volunteer work for the orphans and the needy. If they are 18 or above they can easily go for a child adoption any time.
- 18 years of age has made it legal for the people to take responsibility of the child by the state.
- 18 years of age though is still a teen age but can handle a child.
20. Find A Life Partner
If you want to get married to your one and only soul mate then it could be easily done after when one has turned 18. There is no marriage that could be registered before the age of 18 years according to the law.
- For a legal marriage one has to be 18 or above.
- You can’t tie a wed lock unless your age doesn’t allow you.
19. Fight For Your Rights
If you want divorce from your spouse you could definitely get it only if you are 18 or above because there is no marriage that can take place before this age.
18. It’s The Best Time To Buy Own House
If you dream big and want to get a house for yourself than 18 is the age when you can actually make your dream come true.
- Affording a house at this young age is very difficult so one can go for renting a house.
- Buying or renting a house for yourself is legal at the age of 18.
17. Feel The Sky In Your Arms
Sky diving is something way too thrilling and adventurous. It’s not everybody who can do it. You need to be courageous enough to fall down the sky and that too at your own risk. This is a life time experience that you can never forget. The feeling of falling through the clouds and the adrenaline rushes is worth giving a try but again, this adventure is only for you if you are 18.
- The form that you have to sign before going for this adventurous experience says that you should be 18.
- There is no way that you can go for it before the age of 18 and have to wait to turn 18.
16. Book And Party In A Cruise
Do you wish to party with your friends this weekend on a cruise? But wait, are you 18 already to do so! Yes, again it is you age that will stop you to book a cruise even if you are not 18.
- You have to be 18 years of age at least to get a cruise booked.
- If you are not 18 than you would have to ask anyone elder to get it booked.
15. Be Daring – Do Bungee Jumping
Bungee jumping is yet another fun filled experience that you need to have when young. This obviously not like sky diving but it is almost an equally exciting and a great experience to have with your friends especially.
- But did you know that bungee jumping can only be done if you are 18 or above in age?
- Yes, this is again one of those activities which have an age barrier and if you are not 18 this is not for you.
14. Adopt Your Favorite Name
Your name is something which you didn’t keep it but your parents did and even if you do not like it you will carry it with yourself till the end or till you are 18 at least. People who want to change their name can do it but will have to wait to turn 18 and then change their name by their own choice
- If you are 18 or above and the name that you have carried all your life you want to change than you should know that it could be changed.
- Though it is a bit lengthy procedure to change the name but it could be done if you are 18.
13. Make Your Own Choices.
So, you want to sign a partnership contract with your friend but did you know that signing a contract also needs you age to be 18 or above.
- A person is not eligible enough to sign a contract until he/she has turned 18.
- Singing contract is a legal business which needs to be done by a mature adult a person less than 18 is not eligible enough to do so.
12. Hang Out With Your Friends
Drinking is actually illegal for the people under the age of 18. For them to be legal enough to buy them should be at least aging 18 or above. No one below this age can purchase it.
- If you want to go to a bar and hang out with friends the legal age for you to do is 18 or above.
- Drinking is only legal to you if you reach the age of 18.
“This 18th birthday is a very special one for you because it will demarcate a line between your childhood and your adulthood. Read here and see what can you when you turn 18.”
11. Do Your Favorite Job
Either you want to go to a bar or work at the bar; both of them apply one condition i.e. you have to be 18.
- A bar tender can’t work there and serve people with alcohol until he has turned 18.
- So, if you’re looking for a job at a bar than you must be sure that you’re 18 or above.
10. Donate Blood – Be Kind And Help People
Blood donors must know that they are only eligible to this noble work only if they have turned 18. Definitely the medical conditions are also applied which is the most important thing because once a person is medically unfit to donate blood than even if he/she is 18 years of age or above there is no way that he/she can donate blood.
- To donate blood two conditions surely apply. One of it is being legal to donate blood that is 18 or above in age.
- And the other being that one has to medically fit to do it.
9. Get Smoked
Smoking is though injurious to health but teenagers these days have started getting into smoking tobacco a lot. They even smoke weed and other drugs but they are definitely not legal.
- More than smoking cigarettes buying them is a major issue, because besides being expensive they can’t be brought by a person under 18.
- So the ones who want to buy cigarettes for themselves must be 18 or above to buy them legally.
8. Get Guilty – Get Convicted
There are different laws for children and adults. A lawyer is better to tell you the details about the laws and the rules applied on individuals but there is a rule that being a child the rules are not the same for both.
- A child who is below 18 cannot get convicted as an adult.
- A child who is below 18 cannot be hanged until he has turned 18.
7. Take Your Decisions
When a child is under 18 and an illegal action has been taken by somebody one him so it is not possible for the child to sue the other person because of the age barrier on him.
- One has to wait to turn 18 in order to sue the other person.
- Till than the action of suing cannot take place by the person.
6. Play Your Mind Games
Going to a casino and gambling for a change is not that bad but it is only possible when you are 18. People under age are not allowed to go for such stuff.
- So if you’re 18 and want to does some gambling tonight than you can go for it easily.
- But if you are planning to it knowing that you’re underage is no use because you won’t be allowed.
5. Secure Your life – Get Life Insurance
You can get insurance only if you are 18. Before the age of 18 you can’t get it anyway. So, if you are looking forward something of this sort than wait till your 18th birthday to come.
4. Secure A Loan
Well, taking loans is not a good option because loans are great responsibility on your shoulders that you need to return be it any situation. Taking a loan from a friend or your family member is something different but legally going for a loan is way too different.
- You need to sign some legal documents when you are getting a lone and for that you have to be 18 or above to do so.
- Before the age of 18 since you can’t sign any legal documents so you can’t even go for taking a loan.
3. Be An Entrepreneur – Apply For Business License
If you are planning to set up a business and you think you are capable enough that you can bring it along really well than you can definitely give it a try because there has to be first time for everything.
- But if you are not 18 than you have to be a little patient for it because before starting a business you need to apply for a business license.
- And before the age of 18 no business license is being issued.
2. Cash Savings Bond
Saving money is the only helpful thing that will stand b you in your rainy days. There is no one who would help you when you fall apart financially, not because they are selfish but because they have to fulfill their own needs first. So for that you need to have some savings for yourself.
- Savers account is one of those options but you can only open that account on your name if you are 18.
- If you want to get saving bonds for yourself by your name than you again have to be 18 to do so.
1. Change Your Looks
Being a teenager it is very exciting to change your looks. Go for different get ups and try new things. You want to go for different haircuts, hair dyes, tattoos etc. You even want to try different piercings on your body. If your parents are not the ones who like it then you have to wait to turn 18.
- This is because many piercing parlors need you positive ID which states that you are 18 and then they can precede with it.
- You can’t get those belly piercings or the chin piercings done until you show that you are 18.
Advice For Those Who Turn 18
- Stepping into this life turning age is very exciting but you should be careful for yourself.
- You should be mature enough to know that smoking a like a slow death for your body and even if you are 18 you should avoid buying it.
- Drinking is another liver hazardous factor which you shall avoid for a better health.
- Gambling is not something everyone can handle. It is very addictive and those who do not know how to do it must stay away from it.
- If you want to start a business than always start in partnership initially particularly with a reliable and an experienced person.
- Learn to save for the future and for the better, because money is that best friend that helps you all the way like you degree does.