The liver is a very crucial organ in our body. It is necessary for survival and the proper functioning of all systems. Almost everything that is going on in your body is being regulated by the liver. The body is healthy when the liver is healthy, and all goes wrong if it isn’t. Our bodies are continuously being exposed to various harmful toxins. It is the function of the liver to remove these toxins from our body and promote the health of the body.
”Does your liver need some detoxification and cleansing? Here are 20 super foods that can help cleanse your liver in no time at all.”
Various super foods as well as fat burning foods help cleanse the liver; here are a few of them:
20. Green Tea
It is a very well-known fact that green tea is a great detoxifying agent. It helps purify the blood by getting rid of toxins and other chemicals. It consists of antioxidants that aid the liver and help in liver cleanse.
- You can use either tea bags or loose green tea leaves.
- Boil some water on the stove.
- Add the loose tea leaves and let it steep.
- Add 1 and a half teaspoon of honey to the tea.
- Mix well and pour into a cup.
- Drink this tea daily.
Avoid the intake of matcha green tea if it causes irritation or health problems.
19. Olive Oil
The one oil that should be used daily in our diet is olive oil. Use only the amount that is required. Olive oil is not like other oils it provides support to the liver. It cleanses the blood and removes harmful toxins from the body. For an effective liver detox, follow these tips.
- Cook all your food in only olive oil.
- Do not use too much oil, as it is harmful for the body and liver.
- Use olive oil to make dressings for your salads.
Quick Link = Is Olive Oil Good For Your Hair?
Celery is a super food that contains a lot of anticancer compounds, these compounds cleanse the liver and help get rid of harmful toxins. It detoxifies cancer cells and is used against toxins formed by smoking. It also helps to grow hair faster.
- Wash your organic celery.
- Cut it into small pieces with the help of a sharp knife.
- Boil some pasta on the stove.
- Add these celery pieces to your cooked pasta along with carrots, bell peppers, corn and spinach.
- Mix the ingredients well together.
- Add your favorite dressing on top.
Cabbages are rich in antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. The daily use of cabbage in your diet can help cleanse the liver and regulate its functions. Because of its amazing benefits cabbage is a known liver cleansing diet.
Cabbages are rich in fiber, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, iron and manganese, along with Vitamin D and B6.
Asparagus not only helps cleanse the liver but it also helps in kidney functions. Asparagus is a great diuretic agent.
It helps take off the load from the liver and kidneys.
Redirect Attention At Home Remedies For Kidney Infection
Eating beets and including them in your daily diet can greatly increase the function of the liver. Beets help cleanse the liver by flushing out impurities and toxins. Beets are very healthy and provide the body with numerous health benefits. So make sure to use them for an effective liver cleanse.
Grapefruit provides an effective DIY treatment to cleanse your blood and liver. One of the major functions of grapefruits is the purification of blood. Grapefruits help eliminate the harmful toxins and get rid of the bad cholesterol in the blood.
Grapefruits are rich in antioxidants, vitamin C and glutathione. These compounds help cleanse the liver and purify the blood.
- Wash your grapefruit.
- Cut your grapefruit into uniform slices with the help of a sharp knife.
- Separate the fruit from the covering.
- Eat with a spoon or a fork and enjoy an effective liver detox treatment.
- You can also sprinkle some sugar on top if you want it to taste a little sweeter.
Spinach provides the body with a major boost of energy. It is a wonderful ingredient that should be used in different dishes.
Many people do not like the taste of spinach, so they should use it to form a juice. Spinach is rich in glutathione and helps in the liver cleansing process. So make sure to include it in your cleansing diet.
- Wash your spinach.
- Use a few handfuls of leaves and throw them into the blender.
- Add crushed ice.
- Use a fruit that you like which will help disguise the taste of spinach.
- Blend on full speed.
- Strain and drink.
Tomatoes help cleanse the liver and improve its detoxification function. They are loaded with glutathione and help prevent different forms of cancer. Here how you should use these for an effective liver cleanse.
- Wash your tomato.
- Cut it into small pieces.
- Use the pieces in your salad.
You can also use tomatoes to make tomato soup.
Lemons are very beneficial for the liver detox. They help cleanse it and remove toxins from the blood. They also refresh the body and mind.
- Cut a lemon in half.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon and remove seeds.
- Make lemonade with the lemon juice.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to personal preference.
- Add ice and enjoy it in warm weather.
“Detoxification has many benefits; it helps to cleanse your body from within. Detoxify and cleanse your liver using the following 20 super foods.”
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
Carrots are a wonderful food to have, they help detoxify the liver and improve eye sight. They also help to provide a healthy and fresh glow to your skin. Carrots are packed with Vitamin A, K C and B6. Use carrots daily in your life. Include them in your cleansing diet by adding them to various dishes and salads.
- Peel the carrots and cut them in even slices.
- Refrigerate these pieces of carrots for later use.
- A carrot juice is very beneficial for the liver. It is the best thing to have in warm summer days.
- Munch on carrots whenever you feel hungry, they taste great!
Turmeric is a spice mainly used in cooking different dishes. It is used widely in South East Asia. It helps provide the skin with a fresh glow. It also helps to detoxify the liver; it does so by removing the dietary carcinogens from the body. All in all, turmeric benefits us greatly. It is always a good idea to have some turmeric powder in your home. You can apply this as a paste on your face for beauty benefits as well. For an effective liver detox treatment, follow these suggestions:
- Increase the use of turmeric in the various dishes you make.
- Warm a cup of milk in the microwave.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder and a small amount of honey.
- Mix the two ingredients in the milk.
- Drink the milk warm.
An apple a day does indeed keep the doctor away. Apples are an amazing fruit. They are juicy and they taste wonderful and refreshing. Choose only organic apples when shopping for groceries in the store. Apples are known as amazing liver cleanse food.
Start the day with an apple for breakfast, it provides you with the right amount of energy boost.
- Slice the apples thinly.
- Remove the seeds from the apple.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top and enjoy your healthy snack.
Avocados are another one of the tasty super foods that help cleanse the liver. Avocado works to remove all toxins and other harmful substances from the blood. It contains glutathione, which is responsible for blocking dangerous carcinogens. So don’t forget to make avocados an important part of your liver cleaning diet.
You can also use avocados in combination with some other super food to increase the detoxification of the liver.
Garlic is also very effective for liver cleanse. Garlic provides a wonderful aroma to the food; it is used as a basic ingredient in many dishes and is commonly found in each and every household. Garlic helps the liver perform its detoxification function. Garlic contains sulfur that helps stimulate the liver and produce detoxification enzymes.
- Increase the use of garlic in your dishes.
- Use cloves of garlic.
- Do not use powdered garlic or premade garlic pastes that are available in the market, they do not work as well.
Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, arginine and are a good source of glutathione. These three compounds help the liver greatly. A very important benefit of using walnuts is that they help in the liver detox and removal of ammonia from the blood.
- Always keep some walnuts in the fridge to snack on.
- Sprinkle walnuts over your salad.
- Incorporate walnuts in your various sauces and dishes.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a miracle ingredient; it helps the body in numerous ways. Apple cider vinegar helps cleanse the liver and remove impurities from the blood. The functions of apple cider vinegar are not limited to the liver but they also help the skin and hair. Liver cleansing diet is incomplete without apple cider vinegar.
- Warm a glass of water in the microwave.
- Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Mix well and drink slowly.
Use apple cider vinegar daily.
3. Citrus Fruits
Citrus fruits provide the body with a boost of energy. They help revive our body and provide many health benefits. They detoxify the liver and cleanse it effectively. Increase the use of citrus fruits in your diet.
If you do not like eating fruits, then you should use them to make a juice packed with various vitamins and minerals.
Make a citrus green tea smoothie.
- Make some green tea and leave it in the fridge to cool down.
- Add slices of grapefruit, oranges and half a frozen banana into the blender.
- Add some yogurt, lemon juice and ice along with the cold green tea.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- You can also add a teaspoon of honey if you like.
- Blend well and drink.
Vitamin C is present in many citrus fruits; it stimulates the liver and increases its detoxification function.
2. Green Leafy Vegetables
The body needs a balanced diet. A balanced diet requires sufficient portions of each kind of foods. Increase the intake of green leafy vegetables in your diet.
Vegetables contain chlorophyll; this compound helps in liver functioning. It increases the bile production and promotes the removal of metals, toxins and other harmful substances from the blood.
Ingesting leafy green vegetables in the form of a drink is a much more tolerable and tasty alternative for some people.
- Wash your leafy green vegetables and throw them in a blender.
- Add crushed ice and a very less amount of sugar.
- You can use honey instead of sugar.
- Add a fruit that you like such as pineapples or strawberries, this will help mask the taste of the leafy greens.
- Add some water and blend.
- Drink your green juice daily.
1. Detoxification Drinks
Detoxification is the most important function of the liver. The body suffers greatly if this function is impaired. It is near impossible to live without a liver. Many important functions of the body are regulated and performed by the liver.
Use detoxification drinks to cleanse the liver.
- You will need a 2 liter jug.
- Fill your jug with water.
- Cut the watermelon into small pieces and slice the lemons thinly. Add them to the water.
- Add some fresh mint leaves.
- Top off the jug with lots of ice cubes.
- Cover the jug and leave it overnight.
- Drink it in the morning. Your body and liver will feel refreshed and cleansed.
Magnify the function of your liver by making detoxification drinks.
- Drink lots of fluids.
- Use organic fruits and vegetables.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables before eating.
- Use citrus fruits, turmeric powder, garlic, tomatoes and spinach to help cleanse the liver.
- Exercise daily and do not eat a lot of junk food.
- Don’t eat oily foods.
- Don’t eat fruits and vegetables without washing them first.
- Don’t buy fruits and vegetables before checking to see if they are organic.
- Don’t use bad oils.
- Don’t eat junk food or food that contains high levels of toxins.