Immunity is the most genius thing found in the body of a human system. It detects the foreign pathogens like:
- Disease organisms
These foreign pathogens are differentiated from the body tissues by the immune system. Then the immune system of the body signals the body part where the (pathogens have invaded) to release anti-pathogens. This is called the body’s self-defense. The body’s self-defense can be improved by taking healthy foods and foods that are necessary for the immune system.
“Adding the above mentioned foods will definitely make your immune system proud of you. These will make your body healthy and active as they help in strengthening the immune system.”
Ginger has been used for ages for its antioxidant properties. Learn how to boost immune system using ginger tea. Ginger has healing properties as well. It is a main ingredient in Asian Cuisines. Ginger can help boost the immune system as it has compounds which release anti-pathogens on time. Timely attack against the foreign invaders helps the body to remain healthy and active. Just try this simple DIY ginger tea and see the amazing results by yourself.
Quick link = Health benefits of ginger
- Grate or finely chop half an inch of ginger.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Add half teaspoon honey and finely chopped ginger to the water.
- Let the ginger steep for one minute.
- Drink this tea at the end of the day before going to sleep.
Garlic is another magical vegetable which has a cure of almost everything. It is known as one of the best immune boosting foods you can find. Garlic is known to boost immune system as it contains anti-pathogens and anti-oxidants.
- Chop ten to fifteen cloves of garlic.
- Add five to ten tablespoons of honey to it.
- Store this concoction in an air tight glass jar and refrigerate.
- Take one teaspoon of this mixture daily on an empty stomach.
Turmeric is also a natural pain reliever and has anti-bacterial properties. That is why it is used in many medicines etcetera. Turmeric was used by ancient civilizations to cure diseases because of its anti-pathogenic properties. To boost immune system, follow these suggestions:
Quick link = Turmeric health benefits
- Warm a glass of milk.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and half teaspoon honey.
- Let it steep for about 30 seconds.
- Drink when the milk is still warm.
17. Citrus Fruits
Citrus fruits have Vitamin C which boosts immune system on a very quick basis. If you have a minor infection in your body, and you do not want to take any sort of medicine, citrus fruits can be the right choice.
- Take an orange or two kiwis daily after meals.
- You can also replace your morning tea with orange or grapefruit juice.
If you want to know how to boost immune system using natural fruits, just use this amazing fruit. Pomegranate has natural anti-biotic. Pomegranate can treat minor urinary tract infections and other such ailments of the body. Just add half of this fruit on a daily basis in your diet. Pomegranate juice contains ellagic and punic acid which fights against free radicals in the body, thus indirectly boosting the body’s immune system.
15. Raspberries and Blueberries
Raspberries and berries are fruits rich in Vitamin c, A and B. Raspberries and Blueberries contain phytochemicals that promote cellular function, and have lower sugar content than other fruits. They boost the immune system and make the body strong by healing small infections instantly.
14. Raw Milk
Raw milk from organically fed animals is composed of good bacteria and it makes the immune system stronger. It also contains Vitamin A and many enzymes and minerals that help to boost immune system.
- Add a teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm milk.
- Drink it every morning and at bed time.
13. Whey Proteins
Whey proteins contain immune globulin and beta glucans. They help in counter- acting with the bacteria. Whey proteins are a good alternative if you cannot consume raw milk.
Propolis is made by bees resin and contains antimicrobial compounds. These compounds are necessary for the health of the immune system.
Spirulina is an alga which comes in the category of blue green algae. It contains great amounts of selenium and iron. It stimulates the immune system and makes the brain perform better. Certain companies which are related to pharmacy medicines have made spirulina into supplement and tablet form by drying and then forming them into tablets. If anybody’s infection is not cured by antibiotics, then the doctors this side medicine to combat that particular infection as this makes the immune system responsive. Its amazing qualities make it one of the most amazing immune boosting foods.
- Take a handful of Spirulina.
- Add it to your salad.
- If you cannot eat it like that, try taking the spirulina in the form of tablets which can be found in any medical store.
“Your immune system needs to be taken care of like any other system of the body. Your body might be thankful if you add these foods to your diet as this will boost your immunity.”
10. Pumpkin Seeds
If you’re looking for effective ways about how to boost immune system, this is really amazing one. Pumpkin Seeds have a large amount of zinc. Zinc helps in restoring the mineral content of the body which makes the body stronger. It makes the immune system strong as well.
- Take a handful of pumpkin seeds.
- Wash them so that they are not slimy no more.
- Dry them in sunlight.
- Peel them with the help of teeth.
- Eat the peeled seeds.
Peaches are a great source of Vitamin C. They boost the immune system of the body by strengthening it. Do not use canned fruits as the canning causes about 70 % of the nutrients and antioxidants to be lost.
- Take a peach every day to boost immune system.
- Sprinkle a dash of salt on it if it is too bitter.
Mushrooms are packed with protein, calcium, Vitamins C and B and fiber. Mushrooms contain beta-glucans which stimulate the immune system making it strong. It in return makes the body healthy and active. Its amazing health benefits make it one of the best immune boosting foods you can find.
- Add mushrooms in your diet.
- Add mushrooms in your salads and sandwiches.
7. Green tea
Green tea is rich in antioxidants. Green tea has a high quantity of epigallocatechin (EGCG). It is stronger than Vitamin C and E to boost the immune system.
- Replace your morning and evening cup of coffee and tea with green tea to boost immune system.
6. Fermented foods
Fermented foods include yogurt, pickles etcetera. Yoghurt contains natural antibiotics, which make the immune system to work less. Yogurt also contains powerful bacteria which destroy the foreign pathogens.
5. Coconut oil
Coconut oil contains lauric acid. Lauric acid boosts the immune system by trapping the lipid membranes of the microorganisms like bacteria and viruses.
- Take one tablespoon of coconut oil. Drink it as a medicine the first thing in the morning before breakfast.
- If you cannot consume that way, mix the oil in a glass of warm water and drink it instead on an empty stomach.
4. Cruciferous Vegetables
Cruciferous vegetables include cabbage, broccoli, lettuce etcetera. These are known and one of the best immune boosting foods you can find. Just add these vegetables in your salads as they detoxify the liver and flush the toxins out of your body.
- Cut a piece of broccoli.
- Take it before breakfast.
- Add a cabbage salad in your lunch.
Cloves are rich in antioxidants and have a natural anesthetic and anti-inflammatory. It reduces minor infections in the body instantly. Here is how to boost immune system using cloves.
- Let a few cloves steep into your green tea for two minutes.
- Strain the tea.
- Drink when still hot.
Chlorella is an algae and it helps in the detoxification of the body. It helps to flush out all the toxins from the body. It contains chlorophyll which helps in cleaning the blood and strengthening the immune system of the body.
- Take a handful of mint and chlorella.
- Add lemon juice.
- Blend these with two glasses of water.
- Consume this the whole day with an interval of four hours taking half a glass every time.
Avocados contain antioxidants, essential amino acids and healthy fats. These amazing qualities make them one of the best immune boosting foods. They help in boosting the immune system to a great extent.
- Eat avocados directly if you can.
- Otherwise Blanche them and eat with your favorite snack.
- You can also add avocados to your salads etcetera.
- If you want your immune system to be healthy, try these remedies for a long time.
- Being consistent in whatever remedy you chose is important.
- Taking healthy food is the key to a healthy immune system.
- Do not over do a remedy. It may cause negative effects on your health.
- Raw milk means that you are not supposed to boil it and drink it as soon as it is extracted from the animal. If you do not find it you can try whey proteins.
- Do not take turmeric above the dose mentioned as this may cause an outbreak of pimples on your face or any other part of the body.