As the 14th of February comes nearer it is not just the singles who start dreading this day, but people is relationships also are stuck about how to celebrate Valentine’s Day uniquely. Each year as the Valentine’s Day approaches people look for unique and romantic ways to express their love. Sometimes the ideas come easy and sometimes when you are in that really special relationship it is not easy to express your true emotions as you would like to. Saint Valentine’s got a chance to make his love eternal but where do we common folks go?
Along with ideas there can be other restraints too at time, such as budget or time. Sometimes you feel you have grown out of all that heart shaped balloons and roses phase. Whatever the case might be you still want to do something special for the love of your life on Valentine’s Day. We are giving you these 13 romantic Valentine day ideas which you can surely inspire you. Just remember:
- Romance doesn’t have to traditional, it is about what feels romantic to you and your special someone
- It does not have to be about expensive gifts and chocolates
- True love comes from within, so even expressing it and showing it should be from within and not be dependent upon materialistic and worldly things.
- Valentine’s Day is about revitalizing the romance in your relationship and that’s what it should be all about.
13. Spend Time & Not Money
Wherever you look whether it is print media or the internet you will be told to buy chocolates, cards, balloon, flowers and other such things. Those mass-produced goodies with hearts or the word “love” imprinted upon them are just what have been drummed into our ears as notion of love or romance. The whole idea of this day is to express your love, and not just go buy something which another hundred or even thousand people would buy. Now we aren’t telling you to not buy any of those things but remember it is about time well spent together and not the money.
- Eventually you want to make beautiful memories and these materialistic things hardly do that.
- Spend some time alone doing whatever feels good or even absolutely nothing. The easiest way to spend time with your loved one is to involve them in your day.
- Even if you take out couple of hours for each other, make sure it doesn’t have the worldly distractions and you keep off from your twitter and facebook and other such things.
12. Hit The Outdoors
When was the last time that the two of you just hit the outdoors all by yourself? Probably when you started dating initially or something! These days due to busy lifestyles the only time most couples spend together is in front of the T.V. slouched on the couch. Even then there is your cell phone or something similar distraction in between the two of you.
- Leave behind all that and pack a picnic for two. It doesn’t have to be something extravagant.
- Just put together some vine and some of your favorite food items and you are good to go.
- Taking a walk in the nature or doing any other outdoor activity is refreshing and is bound to get you and your partner bond closely.
- If it is cold depending upon where you live, you will definitely be getting closer for sure.
11. Hide Little Love Notes
Grab some post-its and start writing little love notes on them. Leave a trail of them at different places for your partner to discover throughout the day. These love notes will make your partner feel good about them and give them a reason to smile at regular intervals.
- The love notes can comprise of compliments, some special memory the two of you made or even something you would like to do with them in the future
- Tell them how they make you feel and why they make you smile
- You could discretely hide these notes in their jacket or folder they take to work or place them in the wardrobe. The idea is that throughout the day they are reminded of how much you love them and aren’t afraid to show it.
- Hey you never know you might even get a surprise back as you share some of your dreams with them via these love notes.
10. Try Something New Together
Whenever you do something which is different from your routine or try something new you are bound to remember that. Why not this Valentine’s Day experience something different with your partner? When you choose to do something different from the norm it is a sure shot way to spice things up, and create a new memory together. When you work to learn something together as partners it gives you a better understanding of each other and brings you closer as you both work towards a common goal.
- There could be a new skill you had always wanted to learn, or the two of you could have talked about.
- Try something like painting; maybe the two of you could make portraits of each other or how about a dance class?
- If your guy is into motor racing or bungee jumping or any other extreme sport you could even go along with him and try that thing which you haven’t tried as yet.
- Just go for it, off course the two of you could work or play and you never know you might just discover a new hobby
9. Personalize & Be Creative
Who doesn’t love something handmade, unique and customized? So get those creative juices flowing and start to think what you can make for your partner instead of buying something for them. Think of your time together and your relationship, it could be something that evokes a memory it is OK if you are no Martha Stewart; it is all about the thought and the gesture. Your little handmade inexpensive gifts doesn’t have to be something Pinterest worthy but you can sure look there for inspiration. This isn’t about being artistic; it is about expressing your love. Here are some best valentine day ideas for you:
- Make a collage out of some of your favorite pictures
- You could creatively put up some of the dates that mean something important to you, such as your anniversary or any other dates which are of importance to the two of you.
- You could even burn a CD of some of your favorite songs or any romantic songs which you feel truly express the way you feel.
- If you feel none of them is you go for one of those customized gifts. You can find a number of websites online which make such crafts.
8. Go Away For The Weekend
Valentine’s Day 2016 happens to fall on a Sunday, so why restrict your celebrations to just one day? How about you actually do something over the whole weekend? Who doesn’t like the idea of a weekend getaway? It doesn’t have to be something expensive, but if you can afford to then why not? Make sure just the two of you get to spend some decent time together this valentine’s day. You can also plan to visit one of your favorite honeymoon destinations to spice up the joy of this day.
- You could keep it local or take a city break
- Depending upon where you live you could book the two of you on some beach resort nearby where you will get to relax and soak up the sun
- If that is not possible how about going for camping? What I love about camping is that it takes you far from the technology and all the other distractions of today’s life and the two of you can snuggle together in front of the camp fire and get close as you get close to the nature.
- Being able to enjoy a few days in each other’s company and away from the routine will bring out the romantic in both of you.
7. Work On a Feel Good List
Often at times we start taking our partners for granted. There would be so many tiny little things which make a relationship work and we often forget about them. However, from time to time we need to remind our partners what it is about them that, makes them perfect for you. Among the pressure of having a perfect Valentine’s day we tend to forget the most important aspect of a relationship ‘a good heart to heart’ conversation. Sit down and actually talk to them. Make a feel good list, which is works like a reminder not just for your partner but you too as to why the two of you are together.
- You could both work on this list, and then sometime during the day sit down and exchange those lists.
- It is a simple yet beautiful way to reconnect.
- It will show your partner how much you appreciate having them around.
- When you go through the list the two of you have made, it might even make you discover things about each other that you haven’t known before or had just forgotten about over time.
- You can off course always go back to the list and continue to surprise each other and not restrict your romance to just this one day.
6. Cook Something Different
Most people nowadays reserve a candle light dinner at one of their favorite restaurants. I find celebrating the Valentine’s where you are cramped up with a lot of other couples very unromantic. Sure the food is great but surrounded with so many people I don’t think the ambiance is considering what day it is. To set the mood why don’t you instead try making something at home? To some of us cooking for your man might sound old school but trust me it will do the trick. When he will see the effort you’ve put into the dinner he will feel like a king. Remember, it is all about the effort.
- You could even try cooking together for a fun activity
- That way you will get to spend more time together
- If your man is not the type simply surprise him with one of his favorite dishes.
- You can have your perfect candle light dinner this way without having to overhear the couple on the next table and be as intimate as you want without being conscious too!
5. Recreate Your First Date
Remember the time when you were getting to know each other? Who can forget their first date and how your romance sparked? There is something very special about those first few months when you feel that you just found the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. Those nostalgic memories can always make one smile. So how about you recreate them on this Valentine’s Day? You will be making some new memories by reviving some old ones.
- Think back to your first date
- Recreate it by going back to the same place, having the same food and doing everything that you did back then all over again.
- Going over the past will refresh a lot of other fond memories as well as your romance.
4. Mix up Your Gifts
Don’t just stick to the traditional gifts. Instead mix it up a bit. You could even make your own little gift basket with things your partner loves or things which could mean something to the two of you. Do not go for the chocolates and heart shaped things.
- You could make CD of some of your favorite romantic songs.
- You could get tickets for his favorite band’s concert or for the game of one of his favorite teams
- Think of something he’d been asking you to do for a while, may be some place he wanted to visit or some skill he wanted to learn. Enroll him there or plan a trip for the two of you.
- If your guy is the practical type, get him something useful for work.
3. Have at Home Movie Night
Valentine’s Day is all about romance and spending time together. One brilliant way of doing this is to stay indoors and have your movie date at home. If you have been together for some time, there must be some movies that are your favorites. How about the first movie that you two saw together? Throw together a movie night basket and you are good to go. All you have to for this movie night is:
- Grab some DVDs of either romantic movies or any other movie that you love as a couple. It is a good idea to have more than one DVD handy, just in case you change your mind
- Get some popcorns and nachos
- Get some vine to set the mood right
- Just snuggle on the couch and you are good to go.
2. Dress Your Finest
Consider this very important. Remember the time you started going out, you would take hours to dress up, contemplating over what to wear. Whether you plan to go somewhere or be at home, make sure you dress up on this day. As couples get comfortable with each other, they are not that bothered about their appearance. This is especially true for married couple and those who have kids.
- Even if you plan to do something at home on the Valentine’s day, maybe wear the jeans your sweetheart loves
- How about being coy and wearing your sexiest lingerie underneath.
- Dressing up again especially for your partner reignites your spark, makes you feel confident and also when they see that you’ve put in an effort it makes them feel special and wanted.
1. Take The Literal Approach
What is the Valentine day about? It is about love, romance, and feeling good at heart, right? So how about you take the literal approach and do what is good for your heart. After a certain point and being together for some time you start to take care of your partner in a different way. This includes taking care of their health and wellness as well. So how about this valentine’s day spend a day of rest and relaxation and chilling completely. Do what makes the heart feel good.
- Did you know red vine is not just associated with romance but also is good for the heart? So common get sipping.
- How about you go on a spa date with your honey for something different. Some spas now offer couple massages which are very sensual and intimate.
- If you can’t spend a night out for some reason how about going and spending the day by a lake or somewhere you will feel at peace and also not be disturbed by the everyday activities.
Valentine’s Day- Reignite that Spark
We have given you some romantic ideas about what you can do to make your day special with your loved one. Don’t go all baffled in trying to plan an amazing Valentine day. Just remember to reignite that spark
- Make it about you and your partner
- Communicate openly so that you know what your partner might expect from this day
- It is very important to turn up the heat a bit in the bedroom. Make this day special and lit a few candles as you get intimate.
- Each year as the Valentine’s Day approaches people look for unique and romantic ways to express their love. Sometimes the ideas come easy and sometimes when you are in that really special relationship it is not easy to express your true emotions as you would like to.
- Grab some post-its and start writing little love notes on them. Leave a trail of them at different places for your partner to discover throughout the day.
- Why not this Valentine’s Day experience something different with your partner? When you choose to do something different from the norm it is a sure shot way to spice things up, and create a new memory together.
- There would be so many tiny little things which make a relationship work and we often forget about them. However, from time to time we need to remind our partners what it is about them that, makes them perfect for you.