People, who suffer through earaches or back pains, should not at all worry about their problem now, reading this topic will make you pick the best ingredient form your kitchen to cure your pain.
laying at the middle of the night and suddenly your tooth starts aching because the infection in your tooth has reached your tooth nerves which now needs to be treated but waiting for the dawn can be very miserable. Hence a home remedy would work great at this hour of the night to provide a relief for such an unbearable pain. And not only for this pain but also for other pains in different parts of the body one could pay a visit to the kitchen and a relief from the pain for good. So, if you want to find about such food items that will help you with your pain issues you should definitely read below and help yourself all on your own without going to the doctor.
Help your finances get managed properly by cutting down the doctor’s bill and simply following these easy home remedies for your body pains.
15. Garlic Oil
Garlic though gives a foul smell to the mouth but it works wonders because of its number of health promoting qualities. One should consider taking garlic in food either in crushed or paste form. If you undergo food poisoning try taking garlic clove as an emergency remedy. Garlic possess qualities of being an antifungal agent and along with fungal fighting properties it can also fight infections caused by bacteria like that caused by E.coli, H.pylori and even lactobacillus. Its food preservative properties help to food like pasta, coleslaw and potato salads.
Garlic oil is an extract from garlic which can serve to provide relief during ear aches. It could be made in home very easily:
- heat 4-5 cloves of garlic in a pan along with 4 ounces of olive oil for eight hours
- Squeeze the oil out of garlic cloves as much as possible.
- Store it in a tin.
- Quick link = Home remedies for ear infections
How To Use:
- Take a dropper clean and dry it
- Suck a little garlic oil from the tin
- Pour 2 drops in each ear after an interval of half an hour
- Do this till the earache is vanished!
14. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil is an effective remedy for tension headaches. There are different types of headaches which needs different types of cure. Some are sinus type in which the pain occurs in the cheekbones or behind the forehead while other headaches are called the cluster headaches in which is felt in the ocular region. Migraine is type of headache which has further subtypes but it usually occurs due to any stimulant like bright light or maybe too much noise. And tension headaches are such a pain in which it feels like a band is squeezing the head.
Peppermint oil works to provide relief for the tension headaches as follows:
- Peppermint oil when inhaled has vasoconstricting as well as vasodilating properties.
- With such properties blood flow is maintained in the body
- Peppermint oil open and close the blood vessels to promote the blood flow to the brain.
As the headache occurs due to poor blood flow so dilation of the vessels would increase the flow of blood to the brain. Hence inhaling a little peppermint oil is very helpful with headaches!
13. Licorice Root
Coughing all day and through night makes your throat sore and inflamed. All you need is to get a relief from the pain of the sore throat as soon as possible. Engulfing anything or swallowing your own saliva can make you go through a lot of pain when your throat is undergoing a sore effect. Licorice root is said to provide a good relief for such sore throats.
Follow the simple steps to help yourself ease the pain:
- Take a root of licorice and boil it.
- Once boiled throw away the licorices root while saving the water.
- Gargle with this water thrice daily.
Try this home remedy next time you get a sore throat.
12. Rice Water
Yes, rice water .The same rice water which you waste down the drain after boiling your rice is actually useful for you. This water has been found to act as an anti inflammatory agent as it acts as a barrier for the membranous lining on the organs.
Rice water is said to provide relief during stomach cramps because of its soothing properties.
Read the following steps how to use rice water:
- Boil rice in double quantity of water than usual
- When the rice starts to get tender turn of the stove
- Cover the wok with lid for three minutes
- Strain the water and drink it warm
This natural spice works great to provide amazing health remedies for the people with pain issues. This acts as an amazing analgesic which helps with providing relief for pain in individuals. Turmeric packs inside itself a chemical named “curcumin” which provides with both anti-inflammatory as well as antioxidant properties.
Turmeric can help with knee pain and reduce it completely:
- Take a cup of water and boil it
- When it starts boiling add half teaspoon of ground turmeric to it
- Along with this also add half a teaspoon of ground ginger to it
- Strain it and add honey to it before drinking.
Keep on taking this water till the pain subsides.
Quick link = Turmeric health benefits
Note: people who are on blood thinners must avoid turmeric in a large amount as turmeric its self is a blood thinner. Hence it is not suitable to it along with any blood thinning medicines.
Having a toothache? Suffering from pain in the knee joint? Read the effective home remedies here and get rid of these pains just by sitting at home.
10. Basil Leaves
This widely used herb has a very strong smell and is used in a number of foods for seasoning. This nutritional herb is having medical advantages stored in it. Basil leaves are said to have antibacterial properties and is also said to treat the bits of leeches and other insects. Person suffering with flu can have basil leaves to combat cold.
Basil leaves are said to rescue you during your back pain.
- Take a cup of water and boil it
- Add about 8-10 basil leaves in it
- Keep on boiling till the water has evaporated
- Keep it at room temperature till it cools
- Add a pinch of salt to it
- Drink it daily in the morning, or twice daily in case of severe backache.
9. Mint Leaves
Mint leaves are good mouth fresheners which are available throughout the year. This tender herb adds flavor and fragrance to the food dishes prepared. Along with these qualities mint leaves are found to give antioxidant properties which can help the skin to glow and feel rejuvenated.
During the ancient era mint leaves were supposed to work as a medicine to relief gastric pain.
The following recipe provides with water to that will help relieve ingestion pain:
- Boil a cup of water
- Out 2 teaspoons of mint leaves to it
- Cover the wok with a lid
- Let it seep for 5-10 minutes
- Drink it warm
Garlic is known for its nutritional values. It’s an herb that houses important vitamins and minerals inside its body like iron, phosphate, calcium and traces of sulfur, iodine and chlorine. It also contains riboflavin and niacin along with thiamine
Garlic is amazing for its qualities of cutting down cholesterol which in turn is healthy for the circulatory system.
Garlic can help with pleurisy related chest pain. Read below the method:
- Take about 8-10 cloves of garlic and grind them
- Make a paste of these garlic cloves
- Mix it with a little flour and make a poultice.
- Tie this at your back
Note: pleurisy is a condition in which lungs are filled with water and it’s difficult to breath along with chest pain.
7. Mullein Oil
Mullein oil is used to provide relief for ear aches. Mullein is also used to treat ailments of the respiratory tract.
Read below to make mullein oil in your kitchen:
- Take a few mullein flowers and fill them in a jar
- Fill the jar at least to half the bottle
- Later you need to fill the same jar with olive oil good enough to let the flowers immerse in it.
- Cover the jar with a lid and let it be like this for a week or two
- Strain it and store it a tinned container.
Pour about two drops of this oil daily till there is no pain anymore.
6. Lavender Oil
Headaches can be very painful at times especially the ones which are categorized as migraine. Headaches could occur because of a number of reasons and out of number of headaches some need to be treated on daily basis.
Thanks to the home remedies that help provide a relief for the headaches. One the home remedy is the inhalation of lavender oil. This oil has a mesmerizing smell and does great wonders in aiding in sleep as well.
Directions to use it:
- Take 2- 3 cups of water and boil it
- Add 2-4 drops of lavender oil to it
- Start inhaling the vapors and help relief the headache.
5. Clove Oil
Clove houses antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory with anesthetic and antioxidant properties in itself. Clove oil works wonder while dealing with toothaches.
One just needs to cut a clove into two halves and immerse these cloves of garlic in a little quantity of olive oil. Let it sit for some time before applying.
- Clean the tooth properly free from all the food particles
- Dry the tooth
- Dab some cotton in clove oil and apply it on the affected tooth.
Help your tooth to relief its pain with this tried and tested method.
Wheat is supposed to meet the bodily requirements. Hence it is widely used in the Asian countries as part of their daily diet along with rice.
Wheat is said to give a painkilling effect. Follow the below given method to provide relief for backache:
- Take a handful of wheat and soak it in water for a night
- Add a little coriander and cuscus grass to it the next morning
- Put this mixture in a wok with a cup of milk and boil it
- Let the mixture thicken up
- Drink it twice per day.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing properties that can help to dissolve the toxins. Hence it is required to reduce knee pain by dissolving the toxic agents and lubricating the joint to reduce the pain.
Read the following steps to use apple cider vinegar for knee pain:
- take a little quantity of olive oil
- add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to it
- Massage this oil on the aching knee daily.
Honey is a fluid packed with antibacterial, antifungal properties along with its ability to provide a good sleep. For the ones who have dry skin honey is used as a beauty mask for such skins. Honey also provides a relief from constant cough.
- take tablespoon of honey and warm it
- take a garlic clove and heat it on a pan
- crush it well and mix a small part of it with honey
- Have this twice daily.
1. Salt And Water
Salt and water provides great soothing effect to the swollen gums and for post extraction pain if any. It helps to clean the area very nicely and provide with a soothing effect as well.
Perform the following instructions:
- Take a glass of luke warm water
- Add a tea spoon of salt to it
- Rinse your mouth with it about 10-15 times per day
This will surely work for. So next time you go to a dentist for any tooth extraction definitely try this to avoid post extraction pain.
Important Medical Aspects To Read:
- Garlic in large quantity must be avoided in small children as it can be fatal for the young ones
- People with gallbladder issues must avoid turmeric as it can worsen the condition
- Do not take garlic with indigestion problems as it can irritate the stomach lining.
- Taking high amount of turmeric can lead to low absorption of iron. People with anemia should avoid turmeric in large quantities.
- People with low blood pressure problem must avoid high quantities of basil leaves as it can reduce the blood pressure very low.