Natural foods or ingredients are the ones we commonly find in our kitchen. This also implies to the foods that are least processed and food products whose all ingredients are based on natural ingredients. These natural kitchen ingredients are high in vitamins, minerals and compounds that help in cooking and other then this their purpose in our daily lives is quite evident. These products are mostly clear from any preservatives and additives such as hormones, sweeteners, antibiotics, flavourings and artifichial colours that are not original and artificially generated.
People usually carry a complete pharmacy in their kitchen cabinets and home fridge. These foods can be worth trying and will save lots of precious time. As home remedies are becoming more and more popular these days and they are quite effective, this means one can follow many old successful traditional home experiences for curing purposes. These foods can be a healthy addition to your diet along with a great help to cure many unwanted diseases just sitting at home. The technique of using kitchen foods is getting more common with the passage of time and the reason behind it is always for a good purpose. Many kitchen ingredients lying in our cabinet are providing some impressive health benefits.
One has to spare some time and make a thorough study of almost all the ingredients he has been keeping in his kitchen. Other than its cooking purpose, one should also know what other benefits can it provide to a common man? He must also know that the remedies he is going to try out are safe enough or it may cause some severe results later on. We have to keep each and every bit in our mind to get a proper solution. Natural ingredients are usually less malignant and work well to soothe any of your problems. It is the proper technique and ingredients that have to be followed in order to provide proper cure and attention.
Most of the kitchen ingredients are freshly available in the market and some are present in the dry form. It is always recommended to use fresh and healthy ingredients but due to unavailability of many products, dried foods can also be used for many useful jobs. We are going to cover as many kitchen ingredients as we can and will help you out to know their potential benefits and form of medications they can provide to your health. You just have to maintain a list of these amazing foods and the methods used through which they function mostly like famous medicines.
20. Used Tea Bags
Never throwaway your used tea bags, as they may save your time and money. It has many logical benefits to your complete health and above all this useful stuff is worth a try. Tea leaves are usually loaded with some amazing antioxidants that can be very effective for irritated skin. There are many medicines and creams available in the market that can be used to treat this problem, but we have got a very successful remedy that if followed can be very effective.
- Taking a bath in warm water containing pre-brewed tea bags can be very effective and soothing for the irritated skin. You can either hang the tea bag with the tap or keep the water running or use can directly drop 2-3 used tea bags in the bath tub.
- These also work amazingly for sore eyes. Whenever you are tired and your eyes are feeling bruised and irritated. This method will surely give a fulsome amount of pleasure and happiness. Just keep a pre-brewed tea bag on your eyes for minutes. This will soothe and relax them and will also reduce any sort of inflammation.
- These tea bags also effective when rubbed against stings and bites. This method draws out all the possible toxins from the skin and will lessen the swelling and pain along with soothing the skin.
- You can also massage these bags over sunburn skin to cool and reduce serious irritation and inflammation.
Banana and its peel can be a very effect home medicine to many sick problems. Banana being high in potassium and many other important minerals, is one the ingredients that can aid your health in all means. The use of bananas can be one of the best home remedies to get rid of many malignant problems. It also works as an amazing antioxidant and will help you to get rid of toxins prevailing in your body.
- Banana is a food that helps you to overcome the problem of depression. Being rich in tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin, is a brain cell stimulator and happy-mood brain cells neurotransmitter. Eating banana can feel you happy and healthy.
- Banana also reduces the occurrence of swelling, protects against type II diabetes and helps to lose weight. It also strengthens the nervous system and increases the production of white blood cells.
- It also helps to reduce anemia with the amazing addition of iron in this natural food.
- Its high potassium and lower salt level can aid the problem of high blood pressure. You just need to eat it in a recommended quantity.
- Bananas can be very effective for many digestive issues. This natural fruit stimulates the digestive system and makes the bowel movement much easier. It also relieves the problem of constipation by providing important nutrients to the body.
- Eating bananas can also prevent kidney cancer, macular degeneration in eyes and helps building strong bones.
- Banana can also lower the body temperature and will cool your body from extreme fever.
- Rubbing a banana peel against sting and mosquito bites can also be very effective and helpful.
A cup of coffee is usually filled with some amazing nutrients that can replace many of your expensive medications. The strong aroma and irresistible taste is the reason people want to come out of bed each morning. It is a real addiction for some people who love to have coffee all the time. This mouth watering and eye-opening drink is hugely consumed all over the world. Many studies have shown that coffee reduces the risk of many severe diseases. Being an amazing antioxidant, coffee flushes out all the possible oxidants and toxins out of the body.
- Drinking coffee can make on feel active and energetic, as it increases the energy level in the body. This is just because it carries a stimulant called caffeine that is the most common substance consumed around the world. Many energy supplements in the market are primarily based on this substance.
- It is not commonly know that coffee works as an amazing fat burner. Caffeine is one of the natural substances that have proven to be a successful fat burning agent. So no need to go for those very expensive diet pills.
- Drinking coffee on the daily basis can reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Make sure you are always drinking enough coffee to overcome this disease. It also boosts your brain cells and improves your memory.
- Coffee is one great solution for cardiovascular problems. Intake of this disease can surely reduce the risk of many heart related disease.
- Cancer has become one of the leading diseases that cause death and it is all because of uncontrolled growth of body cells. Coffee can work as a protective agent for two types of cancer, liver and colorectal. Studies have shown that people who drink coffee on regular basis have almost 40% lower risk of cancer.
- Consumption of coffee can also reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. It elevates the blood sugar in the context of insulin and helps to reduce its level.
17. Baking Soda
Baking soda is one of the amazing kitchen ingredients that works miracle on your health and can be a very good replacement of many expensive medicines. These kitchen ingredients can save a lot of precious time and money by providing timely health benefits. Other than many household applications, baking soda has several medical benefits.
- Baking soda which is a bicarbonate in nature is an amazing natural alkaline substance that controls acids and helps it to check the pH-level. People who have chronic kidney diseases because of diabetes and extreme tension cannot flush the acids out of the body but the use of this bicarbonate can help reduce the risk of kidney failure.
- Many studies have shown that the consumption of dietary baking soda is safe and well tolerant. It can increase the pH level of acidic tumours without affecting the pH of blood and other health tissues. Use of baking soda helps to support the immune system for patients dealing with a chronic disease of cancer.
- Baking soda works as an amazing deodorant for your arms and feet. You just need to mix a tablespoon of baking soda with water to form a white paste that can be applied to get rid of extreme body odour.
- It also works best as an oral hygienic agent. You don’t need to spend money on many oral medications. This amazing ingredient will whiten your teeth along with reducing any sort of toothache and other sensitivities.
16. Apple Cider Vinegar
Vinegar has been used for centuries for many household and cooking purposes. It has been used as a successful medication in ancient times and it is still used in many home remedies to help many sorts of health issues. Apple cider vinegar is the most popular among the rest of vinegar types and provides amazing health benefits.
- One of the amazing qualities of apple cider vinegar is to fight against pathogens that include many types of bacteria. It has been traditionally used for cleaning purposes and killing disinfecting germs like nail fungus, warts, lice and ear infections.
- It helps to reduce the blood sugar level in type 2 diabetes. Just to keep your blood sugar level constant, you just have to take a little amount of this vinegar in your daily routine.
- Consumption of apple cider vinegar can help you reduce weight and maintain a perfect body and shape. It helps you to take fewer calories, thus reduces the risk on increasing weight.
- The risk of cardiovascular disease can also be reduced just by consuming apple cider vinegar in your daily diet. It also reduces the intake of having medication for heart diseases.
15. Flax Seeds
Flax seeds are one kitchen ingredients that are rich in dietary fibers, micronutrients, vitamin B6, manganese and many other essential fatty acids or omega-3. This seed is extracted from flax plant which is one of the oldest fiber crops. Flax seeds are also a great source of good fats, antioxidants and fiber that has a reliable cure for many chronic diseases. To make reliable use of flax seeds, they should always be bought in the ground and powdered form as whole flax seeds can directly pass through the digestive system.
- Good consumption of flax seeds can help with the protection against prostate, breast cancer and colon. It is thought to control the growth of cancerous cells because its omega-3 content will help to stop the growth of malignant cells over the healthy red blood cells.
- Flax seeds help to reduce the level of cholesterol in your body. It also helps to retain the level of good cholesterol and helps to reduce the unwanted one out of your body.
- Many studies show that consumption of flax seeds on everyday basis improves the glycemic level in obese women and men having pre-diabetes and it also helps to reduce extra weight.
- A particular diet of flax seeds reduces the risk of having your skin absorbing harmful radiations. These radiations may damage your skin cells causing some chronic skin diseases.
- Intake of flax seeds can reduce the amount of hot flashes a women experience among postmenopausal period. It helps to relax their body and provides many psychological benefits.
14. Common Salt
The health effects of common salt are all dependant upon the amount of salt consumed in a day. The consumption can be either in too much or too little form. The consumption of salt has been increases in the modern time. No savoury dish is complete without the adequate addition of salt and above all these are enjoyed by everyone. There are many health risks associated with the high intake of common salt as good consumption of this substance can cause some severe consequences. But on the other hand, it also provides some good health benefits and that fact can not be neglected.
- If you have a problem of low blood pressure and there is no way left to stabilise your blood pressure level than intake of little salt will surely retain your blood pressure, making you feel good and better.
- Salt helps our body to retain the water level and reduces dehydration. This is because of extreme weather conditions and sweating we can feel ourselves quite dehydrated. A glass of water mixed with some salt will retain the level of water in our better making us feel hydrated and better.
- Intake of salt is very important for the nerves. It stimulates the contraction of muscles in our body and helps them to function properly.
- Salt contains some vital nutrients that help to fight indigestion problems. If you are feeling constipated, intake of little salt will increase the water level in your intestines and it will help to break the food in the stomach by the activation of some very important enzymes.
13. Olive Oil
The amazing health benefits of olive oil are unlimited and still many researches have been done to reveal its very new benefits every day. It is just the beginning and there are countless ways olive oil can improve our daily lives. It is one of the basic ingredients in the Mediterranean cuisine and that is why this cuisine is known for its countless benefits. Replacing your regular cooking oil with olive oil can aid prevention against many malignant diseases and adverse effects of aging.
- The very impressive phytonutrients in olive oil help in reducing inflammation, which decreases the risk of having breast cancer and its reoccurrence. Lignans and squalene are the other olive oil components that help to reduce the possible effects of cancer.
- Olive oil helps to reduce the level of blood cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides in the body. At the same time, it retains the level of HDL-cholesterol which is good cholesterol in nature. This way it helps to prevent very dangerous heart diseases.
- Recent studies have proved that an adequate use of olive oil can reduce the risk of having rheumatoid arthritis. It also fights against the reoccurrence of this painful disease.
- Use of olive oil may also prevent the risk of having strokes. Older individuals who consume olive oil on the daily basis might protect themselves from harmful strokes. It helps to stimulate the nerve cells and increases the flow of blood towards the brain.
Milk is one natural dairy product that has some countless health benefits and it is commonly available in every kitchen around the world. Milk has been associated with good health since the very old ancient t years. Milk generally comes from farm animals like cows, goats, sheep or camel. There are many milk substitutions are available in the market such as Soya milk, almond milk coconut milk and more, but the promising benefits it is providing, no other type of milk can provide those healthy efforts.
- Dairy products such as milk are enriched with a huge quantity of calcium. Because of this component, milk is a very popular bone builder and it keeps a body healthy and in shape with stronger bones.
- An increased intake of potassium through milk can help in improving cardiovascular activities along with retaining a proper blood pressure. Drinking milk on the regular basis can help one to omit the very heavy and expensive blood pressure related medicines.
- Colorectal cancer is very common in areas that receive very less sunlight. In such places, people are recommended to drink more and more milk to get rid of this chronic disease and will also prevent its reoccurrence.
- Milk is also a good source of vitamin D and its adequate consumption produces some amazing mood enzymes called serotonin that helps to reduce depression and makes you smile once again. No need to eat those anti-depressive pills, just drink a glass of milk.
Yogurt is one rich dairy product that has some amazing health benefits and it is a good replacement of many expensive and harsh medicines. It soothes your stomach, pampers your skin and is a very good and natural diet supplement. It carries a healthy amount of good bacteria which is also known as Probiotics. These probiotics fight against the living bad bacteria and results in some healthy benefits when eaten adequately.
- Yogurt is very beneficial against osteoporosis and it plays an important role in its treatment and prevention. It is the calcium and vitamin D contents of yogurt that makes it fight against this disease.
- Yogurt reduces the risk of having high blood pressure and when taken in a specified amount it can control the level of blood circulation in the body, keeping your mind and body relaxed.
- Yogurt may help certain gastrointestinal diseases along with constipation, inflammation in the bowel, lactose intolerant and diarrhea. It enhances the body’s immune system and helps to overcome these daily problems.
- Consumption of yogurt works really good against acidity in stomach and chest burning. Whenever you feel such a condition just have a few tablespoons of cold yogurt which will help you to reduce the inflammation of chest and stomach.
Cardamom is one of the aromatic spices that are also known as the “Queen of Spices”. It is one amazing spice that has antioxidant, antiseptic, carminative, antispasmodic, expectorant and diuretic properties. It is also a great source of minerals such as calcium, copper, iron, potassium and magnesium. Cardamom helps to fight against many disease and health related problems. It works as a great mouth freshener and will get rid of your stinky mouth odour.
- Cardamom has same properties as ginger and it helps to relieve any sort of indigestion problem. It also helps combat against nausea, gas, bloating, acidity, heartburn, constipation and much more.
- It works as a great to overcome your depression scenario and helps to relax your mood. Chewing some raw cardamoms and crushing them between your teeth will let some antidepressant enzymes to come out and work just to relax your mind.
- Cardamom controls the growth of blood cloths by prevention of platelet aggregation and helps the blood to flow smoothly through arteries.
- Being an anti-spasmodic, it helps to get rid of hiccups. It also works against any other type of muscle spasms like intestinal and stomach cramps.
- Like many other natural foods, cardamom has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce pain and swelling, especially in the mouth and throat areas.
9. Cumin Seeds
This small looking seed doesn’t look that amusing, but it has some amazing properties such as it is a very good anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, carminative and antiflatulent. These seeds are also rich in dietary fiber and dome amazing minerals such as iron, calcium, copper, potassium, magnesium, zinc and selenium. This aromatic seed has a distinctive bitter and strong flavour, the reaction of this seed is quite warm and it has been used in the treatment of many harmful diseases.
- Intake of little cumin is a best cure for indigestion. When you are feeling some digestive issues and don’t know what to do, cumin will help you to reduce the adverse stomach problems.
- If someone is facing severe diarrhea and because of which all its body minerals are lost, then intake of some cumin seeds can retain the water content of the body and will stabilize one’s health.
- It works best for acidity, heartburn and stomach ache. Just chew a pinch of cumin seeds and your work is done.
- Expecting mothers facing the morning sickness problem can also follow this advice.
- It also works great against common cold, fever, flu and sore throat. You just have to keep it in your routine.
- If you are a patient of insomnia which is a very bad sleeping disorder, cumin can help you sleep again by reducing this problem.
Onion is a good source of chromium, biotin, vitamin C, B1, B6 and K, folic acid and fiber. It also has some amazing antiseptic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and carminative properties. Onion is very effective in the treatment of many chronic and undesirable diseases. While cutting onion, it puts you in tears but the benefits it throws are just outstanding.
- Onions carries phytochemicals that improves the working of vitamin C in the body, thus helps to improve the functionality of your immune system.
- Chromium in onion helps to retain the sugar level of your body.
- Quercetin a powerful compound found in onion helps to prevent the chronic effects of cancer.
- Onions look for free radicals, thus it reduces the risks of having gastric ulcers.
- If you are bitten by a honeybee, then the quickest solution is to cut an onion into two halves and rub it gently on the bite.
Like many other healthy spices, cloves are readily available throughout the year. This is a very common spice and is known for its sweet, warm and aromatic flavour to many cuisines in the world. Cloves are basically unopened flowers of the clove tree and they are picked when they are pink which are then dried until they form a brown color. Clovers are enriched with some amazing vitamins, fiber and mineral. It also has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic and carminative properties that help to fight many health problems.
- Cloves work as an inhalant for many respiratory problems such as cold, cough, asthma, bronchitis. And cholera.
- It also temporarily treats the toothache just by dabbing a little clove oil to the affected area. It also treats sore gums and oral ulcers.
- Clove oil can also be used to treat sore muscles and sometimes arthritis and rheumatism.
- It also helps to reduce problems concerning indigestion, diarrhea, stomach ache and intestinal gas.
Lemon is a natural citric fruit that has some amazing and invincible properties. It is a natural antioxidant and works as an amazing immune system booster. It also has some other nourishing nutrients like folate and vitamin C. Lemon has some multiple curing properties that make it a good replacement of many medicines. It is often used for the treatment of headache and many other related problems. We just have to add it in our regular diet for effective results.
Read also = Benefits of lemon water
- Consumption of lemon can treat the problems of indigestion and constipation. It opens the blockage in the stomach and helps an easy bowel movement. You just need to add a few drops of lemon to your food and it will help you with its digestion.
- Lemon helps to break one’s fever by increasing perspiration. It also used in the treatment of sore throat, cough and cold.
- Lemon can also aid toothache. It juice must be applied on the affected area to get rid of any sort of rigid pain.
- Lemon reduces the growth of dead skin and helps to remove any excess growth of it. It can be rubbed and applied on the hard skin to make it softer and manageable.
- Drinking lemon juice can help people suffering from heart diseases. It helps to stabilize your blood pressure and reduces the occurrence of heart attack.
Honey is the purest and natural ingredient among all the rest of kitchen items. It has countless health benefits and still researches have been done to explore new medical advantages of this natural food. Honey contains many hidden nutrients and medicinal values. This ingredient is scientifically very strong and is used worldwide for its unlimited benefits and heavenly taste. Honey is a very first food of a newborn baby. It provides ultimate power and energy to the body and one can feel much better and healthier after consuming it. It is a rich source of essential vitamins, potassium, zinc, copper, magnesium, calcium, sodium, iron, manganese, sulphur and phosphate. It has some amazing antiviral, antiseptic, antifungal and antiparasitic properties.
- Being an anti-inflammatory, honey has the ability to soothe the effects of cough, thus it can also work against many allergic syndromes.
- It can be one best energy drink. Kick start your day by adding a tablespoon full of honey in a glass of warm water. Drink this mixture daily to flush out harmful toxins and be energetic.
- This sweet nectar also helps to improve memory by stimulating the brain cells.
- Honey can make you sleep early and it helps to aid sleepless nights.
- It can be one best treatment of dandruff. You just have to apply honey mixed with yogurt. Keep this for half an hour and wash away; this will help you to overcome the problem of dandruff.
Ginger is a kind of herb that grown underground and is used as a spice and as a medicine in many cases. It can be used fresh, powdered or in dried form. Its juice also works amazingly in many delicacies and for the treatment of many harmful diseases. Ginger has some anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antispasmodic, antiseptic, antiviral and antibacterial properties. It also works as a natural pain killer and analgesic. Ginger is also a rich source of manganese, potassium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, Vitamin A, C, E and B-complex.
Quick link = Ginger benefits
- Ginger helps in the absorption process of many nutrients and minerals into the body.
- It provokes your appetite and helps you to eat healthy and happy.
- Ginger usually clears up the microcirculatory channels of the body and reduces the adverse reactions of sinus and related problems.
- It also helps to treat stomach problems, indigestion, nausea, acidity and heartburn. It replaces your digestive system and helps to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Cinnamon is a spice that works great as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, carminative and antiflatulent. It is a very delicious spice that is apart of many foods and soothing teas. It has some surprising medical properties from around thousand years. It is also a natural source of minerals like potassium, iron, zinc, calcium, manganese and copper. It also carries some essential vitamins A and pyridoxine. Its aroma is just irresistible and very effective.
Quick link = Benefits of cinnamon
- Its antioxidant property helps to clear up the body from harmful toxins and chemical, leaving it vibrant and healthy,
- Adding a pinch of powdered cinnamon to your tea can reduce the risk of having cough, cold and flu.
- Regular consumption of cinnamon can aid type II diabetes and helps to control blood sugar level.
- It consumption also controls the level of cholesterol in the body while sustaining the level of good cholesterol.
- It should not be taken in excess amount, as it may cause any kind of toxicity.
Garlic has been used worldwide for the treatment of a variety of medical conditions. It is one of the underground foods that have some amazing properties. It is rich in some amazing nutrients and minerals such as potassium, protein, zinc, calcium and many others. It is one great stimulant, diuretic, diaphoretic, anti -fungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic.
- Garlic can combat sicknesses such as common cold, cough, sore throat and its related diseases.
- Consuming garlic can reduce the risk of high blood pressure and minimizes it to keep it to a controlled level.
- It also reduce the blood sugar in the body and helps to avoid any sort if heat diseases.
- Its antioxidant properties help to prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Consumption of garlic improves the functionality of the liver and helps to retain a proper health.
Turmeric is one of the best spices that have countless health benefits. It is the most popular spice used in cooking and is mostly used in Asian countries. It also makes an amazing part of many home remedies. This spice is grown underground and is filled with some effective properties. It is one of the natural supplements that act responsibly for many diseases. It has a pepper-like an aroma and sharp taste.
- Use of garlic in our daily means can relieve the problem of arthritis and rheumatoid.
- It controls your bad cholesterol trolling through your veins and arteries. It also helps to reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- It is one of the best immunity boosters and helps to improve memory and brain cells.
- It works wonder on cuts and wounds. You just have to apply a little and then see its miracle.
- Drinking milk with turmeric can heal many of your internal wounds and helps to retain the inner health of the body.
- It also helps to manage your weight and gives you the chance to reduce a few inches from your body.
Facts About Kitchen Ingredients
- Dry kitchen ingredients can stay fresh for as long as two years if keep in a cool and dry place.
- Keeping your fruits and vegetables too long in the refrigerator can make them to soak excess fridge water, making them watery and unhealthy.
- Never insert a wet spoon in a coffee jar, this may create a bad fungus in the jar and will spoil the whole quantity of coffee.
- The riper the banana is the healthier and effective it will be for the body.
- Try to keep you seed collection in an airtight jar.
- Always make use of fresh ingredients, as they are more responsible and effective.
- Never leave any of your kitchen ingredients inattentive and keep it out of the reach of children.
- Excess use of yogurt may result in the problem of bones and joints.
Quick link = Turmeric benefits