Aloe Vera is a species of succulent plant which is mostly used as an herbal medicine, it has been used in alternative medicine industries, and aloe-Vera is full of healing and comforting properties. It is the part of the lily family (Liliaceae), from which the onion and garlic belongs to. The leaves of aloe-Vera are thick and heavy, green-to-grey in color with some flecks of white shown on the upper and lower stem. The Aloe plant is 60 to 90 cm high and its mature leaf is about 7-10cm along with its base which weighs 1.5 to 2 kg.
Pure aloe Vera gel has been used for many relevant treatments for minor wounds or burns and skin irritations for centuries. In old times, people used to keep the aloe plant in their hands whenever they needed it but now, you can easily find the pure aloe Vera gel in handy tubes.
The leaf of Aloe Vera plant uses four layers:
- Rind; the protective outer layer.
- Sap; the bitter fluid layer which helps protect the plant from animals.
- Mucilage Gel; the inner layer which is used to make aloe Vera gel.
- Aloe Vera; this layer contains the essential Amino acids.
There are many aloe Vera benefits as it contains vitamins, minerals, enzymes and fatty acids and it also is used for several home remedies. Not only the aloe Vera gel benefits, but there are also aloe Vera plant uses which can be helpful for you. Basically what is aloe Vera good for? There can be many aloe Vera uses which we will be mentioning in this article.
12. Aloe Vera as a Shaving Cream
Aloe is anti-inflammatory which is why it works as a charm on legs or face, it is close enough to shave because of its high number of enzymes and very high water content and it can also be used as an aftershave to prevent the razor burn. You should learn how to get rid of razor bumps and burns and how to heal them quickly if you’ve Aloe Vera gel at your disposal. Create a natural shaving cream using aloe Vera gel which will give you a smooth shave and also will keep your skin soft and moisturized. You can make shaving gel with pure aloe Vera gel by using following methods.
Shaving gel simply made with the usage of aloe-Vera gel includes
- Olive oil
- Essential oil
- Aloe Vera gel
Take one part olive oil with three parts of pure aloe Vera gel with few drops of essential oil, mix all these well and store it in a container.
For making Aloe Vera shaving cream or lotion, you need:
- ¼ cup of Aloe Vera gel.
- ½ cup of melting soap (grate it first).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil.
Mix all these ingredients together and store it in container. For using it, apply a thin layer of it and shave for smooth and soften legs.
11. Aloe Vera as The Treatment of Constipation
Constipation can occur from a variety of causes such as insufficient intake of water, taking stress, lack of exercise and other physical factors. Constipation may cause discomfort and it slows down the process of digestion which results in creating hard and dry stools. It does not indicate a serious health issue but if it continues more than three weeks of period then you should consult a doctor. There are many natural home remedies for constipation and treatments of preventing it such as:
- Take warm water with lemon.
- Eat some fiber rich food for getting your digestion process moving.
- If any of these does not work then you can use the natural remedy such as aloe Vera.
The Aloe Vera plant can be used in different forms, as a gel, juice or capsule. It’s up to you how you want to take it.
To make aloe Vera juice, you will need:
- Aloe Vera
- 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera
- 1 cup of water.
- 1 cup of citrus juice.
The process of making Aloe Vera juice:
- Take a leave of Aloe Vera.
- Carefully peel the outer layer of a leave.
- Peel the yellow layer underneath the rind layer.
- Continue this process until you find the 2 tbsp of Aloe Vera gel.
- Immediately put the 2 tbsp of Aloe Vera gel in the blender.
- Add 1 cup of any citrus juice in the blender.
- Blend the gel and juice until it results in smooth appearance.
- Serve the blended juice in glass.
You can take Aloe capsule find at any retailer or health store, take it with a calming herb or tea, it will help you in relieving your constipation in few days.
10. Aloe Vera as Hair Treatment
Aloe Vera indeed works countless for dry and damaged hair, it also increases volume and shine of hairs and even improves the smoothness of hairs. It is not only used in home remedies for dry hair but also is an important part of numerous expensive hair care products. As the Aloe Vera is an exclusive combination of minerals, vitamins and amino acid, it makes a great combination to prevent from dandruff and giving the new life to your hairs. If you want to improve your hairs, then the first thing you should do is to follow these steps to enjoy the amazing benefits of Aloe Vera gel for hair effectively:
- Replace your traditional conditioner to the pure aloe Vera gel which you can easily find at any pharmacy store. You can also mix the aloe Vera gel with any hair dye, it will reduce the damaging effect of it.
- Aloe Vera gel can prevent the dandruff by simply massaging the gel overnight to set it completely and next morning, shampoo like normal. Repeat this process until the problem goes away.
- Aloe Vera gel helps you in making your hairs moisturizing and increase the growth of hairs. You have to simply massage the Aloe Vera gel into your hairs and leave it for 30 minutes and rinse.
The gel of Aloe Vera can be mixed with your regular shampoo to make it more effective
- Take an herbal shampoo and mix two parts aloe Vera gel to one part shampoo.
- You can find the aloe Vera shampoos or already made conditioners from it on any retail store.
9. Aloe Vera For Acne
The Aloe Vera plant has been recognized as a plant with soothing properties. Aloe Vera treats acne as it contains the natural astringent that removes the excess oil and dead skin cells, it helps in reducing scars as it is full of zinc, vitamin C and E. Because of its amazing benefits for skin, Aloe Vera is considered very high in acne home remedies. Always try to use the fresh gel extracted from the Aloe Vera plant as it contains the effective healing abilities, get an Aloe Vera plant from the store and use it to treat acne effected areas. Aloe Vera can be applied in many different ways. Here is how to get rid of acne and acne scars using this miraculous gel:
Simply using Aloe Vera gel:
- For treating acne scars, take the Aloe Vera gel and rub it on the affected area.
- Leave it for 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse it with water.
- After that, apply oil free moisturizer.
Aloe Vera with Lemon:
- Take the Aloe Vera gel, mix it with 2-3 drops of lemon and refrigerate.
- Apply this paste before going to sleep and leave it overnight.
- Rinse it with water next day.
You can also make the Aloe Vera mask:
- Take a fresh aloe Vera leaf and boil it.
- Crush the leaf and mix it with honey.
- Apply this paste to the affected area and rub for 3-4 minutes.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
“Aloe Vera is a great rejuvenator which helps in changing the lifestyle in the best possible way from cleansing the skin to cooling the heat burns and soothing dryness.”
8. Aloe Vera for Diabetes
Diabetes is caused by too much sugar or glucose in your blood which causes your body to regulate insulin. Suffering from diabetes increases the risk of heart attack or stroke. It also can cause nerve damage, slow healing, blindness and risk of infection. Some evidence suggests that it can lower blood sugar levels as well. There are various effective diabetes home remedies and treatments you can use. For the usage of aloe Vera for diabetes, there are some simple steps:
- You can take the aloe Vera juice twice a day to help normalize insulin movement and lower the blood glucose levels naturally.
- Take the aloe Vera juice to open blood vessels and ease the delivery of oxygen.
- Take the aloe Vera juice to protect your heart.
7. Aloe Vera for Weight Loss
As we have discussed above, aloe Vera is good for wounds, burns and it works as the soothing balm.
- It contains the natural anti-oxidants which helps in slowing down the growth of radicals in the body.
- It is full of Vitamin B1, B6, B12 and folic acid which helps in burning calories and body fat.
- It promotes slow sugar absorption which helps in managing diabetes.
You can make the aloe Vera juice by different techniques and it is the best home weight loss remedy which you can use and be slim and smart. Here are some simple but effective juicing recipes for weight loss using Aloe Vera and other fruits.
Aloe Vera with fruit juice:
- Take the clear and fresh aloe Vera leaf.
- Take the gel out of it.
- Mix with any fruit juice of your choice to enhance and enjoy the healty Aloe Vera juice benefits.
Simple Aloe Vera Gel juice:
- Take the fresh aloe Vera leaf.
- Grind the leaf to make its juice.
- Filter the juice and refrigerate it for daily use.
- You can also mix some water with the juice.
If you don’t want to have simple aloe Vera juice with water or fruit juice then there is an option of making Aloe Vera smoothies.
Aloe Vera, coconut and fruit smoothie:
- Take one medium sized aloe Vera leaf.
- 1 cup coconut milk.
- ½ cup of fresh blueberries.
- ½ tablespoon of coconut oil.
- ½ cup of mango chunks.
- 1 fresh basil.
- Take honey.
- Any protein powder of your choice.
- Blend these all together until smooth.
- Serve it and enjoy.
6. Aloe Vera as Mouthwash
Yes, aloe Vera can also be used as a mouthwash, you do not need to buy those conventional mouthwashes which are full of chemicals. There have been many studies done in which it is proven that aloe Vera can be proven as an effective mouthwash because of its ability in reducing dental infection. You can easily make the aloe Vera mouthwash at home by simply following the below steps:
- Take the water and boil it.
- Take the pure aloe Vera gel and herbs.
- Place herbs and gel in bottle then pour boiling water on them.
- Steep overnight and strain.
- Place all the ingredients in bottle and shake well.
With the use of tea tree oil and baking soda:
- ¼ cup of water.
- 1 tsp. of Baking soda.
- 2-4 drops of tea tree oil.
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Aloe Vera juice.
- Mix the aloe Vera juice and water with 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- Add peppermint essential oil and shake strongly with the covered lid.
“Make your skin new again with the organic sugar scrub mixed with aloe Vera gel and get the new skin which you will love the most.”
5. Aloe Vera for Burns
Burns are damages that are caused by radiation, heat, sunlight or any other chemicals. Most burns are mainly caused by hot liquids or steam or sometimes too much sun or electricity. There are many treatments for basic burns such as washing the chemical burns with large amount of water. Aloe Vera getl is also one of the best home remedies for sunburn you can find. When the burn occurs, if you have aloe Vera plant near you then you can use it for treating burn.
- Take a lot of aloe Vera leaves and cover your burn with it.
- The plants of Aloe Vera are easy to handle.
- If you do not have the Aloe Vera Plant then use its gel or cream which you can buy easily from any store.
- Or take the pure aloe Vera gel on your hand and apply it on the burned area.
4. Aloe Vera for Arthritis Pain
Arthritis is a diseases which restricts the daily basis activities such as walking and standing. It causes extreme pains and attack joints in the body. There are different types of arthritis pain:
- Osteoarthritis; which is caused by wear and tear of weight-bearing joints.
- Rheumatoid; which is caused by antibodies attacking the lining of joints.
Arthritis is a lasting disease which exists for life and they only option to deal with it is to absorb how to handle the pain. You can use the aloe Vera for handling the pain of arthritis. A person suffering from the pain of arthritis can complain about the soreness and stiffness in the joints. Taking the aloe Vera juice helps in relieving pressure from the inflamed joint which reduces the pain and soreness. Aloe Vera can be taken in different ways:
Also Read: Home Remedies for Arthritis
- Directly apply the Aloe Vera Gel on the swollen and painful joints.
- Take the aloe Vera capsules with water 2-3 times a day.
- Mix Aloe Vera with other remedies to decrease the arthritis pain.
3. Aloe Vera for Digestion
Aloe Vera is full of vitamins and its juice contains the leaf pulp which is full of nutrients and fiber. Aloe Vera has many health benefits of healing, cleansing and repairing. Aloe Vera is good for indigestion relief when taken as a drink this way:
- Aloe Vera decreases irritation and repairing and healing of ulcers caused in the stomach or intestine.
- The aloe Vera juice can help in a variety of conditions of digestive tract.
2. Aloe Vera For Face
Aloe Vera, a natural plant can also be used for relief of variety of skin conditions including dry skin or severe acne. It works as an amazing skin care and one of the best anti-aging cream you can find naturally. There are several benefits of aloe Vera for face:
- It can moisturize your face and can be used as a daily skin cream.
- It treats acne as mentioned above.
- It helps in preventing the wrinkles and skin aging, apply it regularly on your face to reduce the lines and wrinkles.
- It treat sunburn, it serves to refurbish your skin’s natural moisturizer.
1. Aloe Vera for Cancer Treatment
As Aloe Vera is the natural plant which can also help in fighting the skin cancer. It includes ingredients which are anti-inflammatory which helps in reducing the inflammation and one of the pioneers of cancer. Aloe Vera can help in fighting with the properties of cancer.
- Clearly clean the aloe Vera Leaf when extracting its gel.
- Consult your doctor before taking the aloe Vera juice.
- Do not directly apply the leaf of Aloe Vera on burn, clean it properly.
- Don’t take aloe Vera juice in a large amount, it can cause diarrhea.
- If you are undergoing a medical treatment, then consult your doctor before consuming aloe Vera.
- Pregnant ladies are prohibited to take aloe Vera juice.
- Don’t overdose the aloe Vera juice, it can cause the kidney damage.
- Continued usage of aloe Vera can raise the risk of constipation.