Cracked heels can turn into a disease if not taken care of. Due to extreme weather conditions and our negligence this problem can persist for long. The severity can prolong from beautiful feet to painful heels. Because of these cracked heels you are unable to wear your favorite shoes and stilettos and most of all you will face a big problem while walking. Most of the hpeople neglect their feet, they are just too busy pampering their overall look that they just forget they have their feet to take care. This laziness leads to many problems that can later on become severe. To take care of your feet, you have to give them nourishment and moisturization along with a balanced diet. A person will face dry and thickened dead skin on the heels along with the symptoms of redness, inflammation, itchiness and peeling skin. This problem happens due to lack of Omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, calcium, iron and vitamin E. you have to follow a diet that are rich in these elements to eliminate this cracked feet problem. The elements also keep your feet healthy, moisturized and protect them from cracking, extreme temperatures, dampness and other major factors. To prevent cracked heel problem you have to take some precautionary steps and try out some home remedies that will help you out in healing them and to make then soft and beautiful.
“Worried about your painful cracked heels? Just try out these amazing home remedies for best looking and glowing heels. Get rid of your hard and cracked heels with these amazing helpful home remedies.”
20. Ayurvedic Remedy For Cracked Heel
There are many remedies for cracked heels in the world of Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient Indian methodology that believes that the cause of cracked heels as intensive heating of the digestive system. The heat from the stomach flows down to the feet and cause cracked heels. The following Ayurvedic solution can help you heal cracked heels using herbal powers. The herbal mixture we are going to discuss will heal the dry cracked feet from inside out, making them soft and beautiful.
Ingredients to get:
- 3 tablespoons of roasted cumin seeds powder.
- 3 tablespoon of roasted coriander seeds powder.
- 3 tablespoons of powdered Candy sugar.
- Grind the candy sugar into fine powder if it is ion a crystal form
- Add the three roasted powders in the candy sugar and mix well.
- Store it in an airtight container.
- Whenever you want to use take half a teaspoon of this mixture and mix it with half a cup of water.
- Apply the mixture on cracked heels and let it dry.
- Rinse it well with water.
Amla powder can also be used in same quantity to give a cooler and softer effect. This herbal paste will cool down your heated up digestive system and will heal the cracked heels.
19. Homemade Herbal Foot Cream
Herbal ingredients give best result and cure many unwanted problems. We are going to discuss a detailed recipe of best herbal foot cream for the treatment of cracked heels. This foot care cream will contain some refreshing natural ingredients recommended by Ayurveda and it also works well for corn on foot. Before using these Ayurvedic ingredients, we should also focus on the facts and benefits of some of the ingredients.
Facts about ingredients to be used in the herbal foot cream:
- Edible Camphor: The type of camphor to be used in this foot cream must be the edible one. It is available in raw form and green in color. This ingredient gives a soothing effect to the feet.
- Guggul: Guggul is a secretion from an herbal plant that is going to be the main ingredient of the herbal foot cream. Type Guggilam of Guggul is going to be used to make this foot cream which is used for making incense sticks.
- Black Mud: One of the very useful ingredients is black mud that is going to be used in this cream which is found on the bank of rivers and lakes.
Ingredients to get:
- 5g of Edible camphor.
- 50g Honey.
- 100g Jaggery powder.
- 100g Clarified butter.
- 100g Black mud.
- 100g Fine powder of rock salt.
- 100g Yellow bee wax.
- 100g powdered Guggilam.
- Simmer some yellow bee wax in a pan.
- Slowly add clarified button, don’t add it at once.
- Once the mixture is firm, switch off the flame.
- Now carefully add powdered guggilam, rock salt, jaggery, black mud and honey.
- Mix well to form a thick paste.
- Store the mixture in an airtight container.
- Apply this foot cream two times daily for to heal your cracked heels.
NOTE: This herbal foot care must be used depending upon the severity of the cracked heels. It will take 7-20 day to show some good results.
18. Mashed Turnips
Turnip is a vegetable in disguise. Because of its unusual taste, it is disliked by many people but they don’t know that it carries hell lot of benefits that can be very beneficial for human health. Being filled with vitamin C, it is a powerful antioxidant that hydrates the skin and gives nourishment. Use of turnip is very beneficial for cracked heels. The method to use this amazing healing gift is just simple; you just require a few ingredients.
Ingredients to get:
- 10-12 medium sized turnips along with their leaves.
- Baby oil for softness.
- Take turnips and their leaves and boil them in water.
- Soak your feet in this water along with turnips.
- Mash some of them with your hands and rub them on your cracked heels.
- Try this regularly for 3 days; you will start noticing the difference.
- Turnip will start repairing the cracked gaps on your heels.
17. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is a miraculous plant that has some amazing benefits. It is one of the best ingredients when it comes to home remedies. Due to its medicinal properties it has a cure for almost every problem. The amazing gel it carries is one stop solution to many skin problems. It is one of the most powerful medicinal plants that has been used over decades and provides best services. It has been used efficiently to treat and protect the skin. To use Aloe Vera as a healing cream you just have to simply scrape some gel from the plant and apply it directly on your cracked heels. This gel will try to fill the gaps and will take care of the dead skin cells. Its natural formula will also moisturize and nourish your feet.
Listerine can be one good solution for cracked heel problem. It is a very helpful treatment that can be repeated on a regular basis. The healing process of Listerine is a bit slow but once you will try this, you will always want to have it daily. This treatment will save your time and lots of money for taking any type of medical advice. All you need is to make a Listerine foot soak by adding some quantity of Listerine mouthwash into warm water and add dip your feet for a couple of time. Listerine will start working the time your will soak your cracked feet in the soak solution. Your feet will start feeling smooth and soft and you can use a scrubber to scrape out excess dead skin from your heels. Listerine foot soak should be tried on the daily basis for some amazing result. You will feel your feet turning beautiful and smoother.
15. Mustard Oil Teatment
Wax-mustard oil is a complete treatment for cracked heels. An ointment type mixture can be made from wax and mustard oil that will help to heal wide fissures that bleed and give pain. This ointment must be applied on the heels time to time to regulate the healing process. Paraffin wax can be used to make the ointment but if not available normal candle wax can also work fine.
Ingredients to get:
- 2 tablespoons paraffin wax.
- 1/2 to 1 cup mustard oil.
- Take a normal sized pan and heat some mustard oil.
- Add the wax and stir till the wax is completely dissolved.
- Try to create a consistency or paste little thick so that it can be easily applied on the heels. Adjust the quantity of wax more or less to get the right consistency.
- Rest it for some time and let it cool.
- Apply this paste onto your heels and wear socks.
- Leave it overnight and wash your feet next day.
- Keep the leftover ointment in an air tight jar.
- Do this for more than a week to heal dry cracked feet; you will start feeling the difference from the very first day.
14. Banana And Avocado Foot Pack
Banana being one of the most favorite fruit in the world and has many amazing benefits. It is one of the versatile fruit that is packed with many lavishing nutrients like Vitamin A, B, C and E along with some amazing minerals like magnesium, iron and potassium. These nutrients and minerals help to cure many unwanted skin problems. Rather than eating, banana can also be applied to the skin to get nourishment and healthiness. Avocado on the other side is quite an expensive fruit and share almost the same properties as a banana. When both combined they can show some healing wonders for cracked feet. Bananas and Avocado foot packs are also one of the best ways to treat the swollen feet. To make a banana and avocado foot pack, just follow what we tell you.
Ingredients to get:
- 1 banana.
- 1 avocado.
- Baby oil.
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Peel the avocado and mash it too.
- Add little baby oil for softness and form a paste.
- Apply it on to your feet with gentle massage.
- Keep it for an hour and then wash your feet.
This amazing foot pack will give an extreme soft feel and your feet will feel relaxed with less pain in the cracks.
Yogurt is one of the favorite dairy products, that is being used for both eating and applying purposes. The lactic acid in yogurt helps to nourish the skin area where it is applied and probiotics help to fight against bad bacteria that causes skin problems. Yogurt, when applied to cracked heels can show some outstanding effects. Its cool nature will give a zing to the cracked heels and it will start nurturing the cracks making them soft and easy to manage. The dead skin will become softer that can be later scrapped off. You just have to keep it applying once daily for softer and smoother heels.
12. Baking Soda And Salt
Using baking soda is one of the best remedies to kill bacteria and works as of one the best natural scrubs. When mixed with salt it will work wonderful and will show some amazing results. Baking soda and salt are the most common items from the kitchen and we will use them to make an effective foot soak.
- Take a tub of warm water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Soak your feet for about 30 minutes and take them out.
- Dry them with a towel and apply a moisturizer.
- Repeat this foot soaks treatment everyday for a week to cure dry cracked feet.
Baking soda in the foot soak will work as an anti-bacterial and along with this it will scrub out the dead skin from the heels. It will also soften the heels making them look clean and beautiful.
11. Lavender Coconut Oil Salt Scrub
Lavender is considered the king of fragrances and coconut oil the best moisturizer, and when both are combined they can change a rock into a snowball. The soothing smell of lavender, when mixed with coconut oil can work deep down into the skin and will cleanse it from inside. We are going to discuss a wonderful scrub made with these special ingredients when applied on cracked heels will fix the problem in no time.
Ingredients to get:
- 2 cups coconut oil.
- 1 cup Epsom salt.
- 20 drops of lavender.
- Mix coconut oil, Epsom salt and lavender oil in a small bowl.
- Mix them with a wooden spoon until firm.
- Take it out in an airtight jar and store it in room temperature.
- Apply this scrub twice daily for some amazing results.
The moisturizing effects of the coconut oil and the skin soothing effects of lavender will relax your skin and will cure the cracked heels.
10. Rosewater And Glycerin
Glycerin is one of the best skin softening agents and rosewater works as an amazing antioxidant. The mixture of glycerin and rosewater makes a helpful home remedy for cracked heels. Glycerin softens the skin and it is used in many cosmetics around the world. Rosewater contains Vitamin A, B3, C, D and E that helps to repair the skin cells. Its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties work well on the damaged skin. The treatment is just simple, you have to mix an equal amount of glycerin and rosewater and rub it thoroughly on the cracked heels before going to bed. Repeat this procedure daily for effective results on dry cracked feet.
9. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt or sea salt can be used to heal cracked heels effectively. This works as a better scrub to scrape out excess dead skin cells and also improves the blood circulation, thus relaxing the feet that will automatically relax the mind and body. It is also important to take some extra care of your torn cracked feet by moisturizing them on the daily basis. Plain Epsom salt foot soak can help you solve the problem of cracked feet.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of Epsom salt and mix it in a foot tub containing warm water.
- Soak your feet for about 10 minutes.
- Take them out and scrub them with a pumice stone.
- Soak your feet again in the solution for 10 minutes.
- Pat your feet and dry them with a towel.
- Apply any good foot cream or petroleum jelly to moisturize them.
- Wear socks to keep them moisturized overnight.
Honey is the most effective and amazing natural product that can show some wonders if used for eating or applying. Honey has some amazing moisturizing and antibacterial properties that can help to repair cracked heels and will not let them damage again. To start with the treatment you have to follow just a few simple steps.
- Mix one cup of honey in a foot tub containing warm water.
- Soak your feet for 10-20 minutes.
- Scrub your feet with a pumice stone.
- Repeat this procedure daily in case of severely cracked heels.
7. Petroleum Jelly
To restore the natural beauty of your feet and to get rid of cracked heels petroleum jelly is a very good option. This amazing skin care product is commonly available at many homes. You just have to make a routine to apply this skin caring product every night before going to bed. This product will keep on doing its work the whole night and your feet will feel relaxed and beautiful the next morning.
- Soak your feet in warm water tub for about 20 minutes.
- Scrape out the hard part of the heels and apply petroleum jelly.
- You can add a bit of lemon for thorough cleansing.
- Cover your cracked feet with a pair of socks and leave them overnight.
- For best results, do the treatment every night before going to bed.
6. Vegetable Oil
Oil is a wondrous natural product that has a cure for a lot of skin problems and irritations. A wide variety of vegetable oils is available in the market that can be used to treat and repair cracked heels. Any type of hydrogenated oils like sesame oil, coconut oil and olive oil can work best on your dry cracked feet. To treat your feet effectively try this treatment before going to bed so that it gets enough to penetrate and work.
- Soak your feet in a warm water tub.
- Scrub them with a pumice stone and soak them again.
- Pat them dry and apply your favorite vegetable oil.
- Put on a pair of sock and leave them overnight so that the oil can show its work.
- Repeat this daily for a week to see some amazing results.
5. Indian Lilac (Neem)
Indian lilac or Neem leaves can work amazingly on cracked heels. Being an antiseptic and antibacterial these herbs have some pure outstanding results. This can be used as one of the main ingredients in a cracked heel repairing treatment. Neem kills infection, reduces itchiness and soothes dry skin. It is just because of its fungicidal properties.
Ingredients to get:
- Few Neem leaves.
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder.
- Few drops of essential oil.
- Crush the leaves and add turmeric powder.
- Mix it with a few drops of essence oil and for a paste.
- Apply this paste on the infected area and leave it for half an hour.
- Rinse off the paste from your feet and dry them with a clean towel.
- Repeat the procedure 2-3 times a week to get rid of cracked heels.
4. Lemons Juice Treatment
Lemon juice is not only used as a bleaching agent to whiten the skin, but it can also be lured to repair cracked heels. It contains acetic acid that can help to repair dead skin from the heels and will get you smooth and soft new skin. Lemon juice can be used in many ways for cracked heels.
Quick links = Benefits of lemon water
- Cut a fresh juicy lemon into two halves.
- Take half of the lemon and rub it thoroughly into your cracked heels squeezing its juice so that it reaches the heels and start doing its work.
- Do this for about five minutes and then gently pat your feet with a dry towel.
- Rinse your cracked feet with warm water.
- Take juice from two lemons and add it in a tub of warm water.
- Soak your feet in it for about half an hour.
- Take your feet out and dry them with a towel.
NOTE: you might feel a little irritation on your heels while applying lemon. If the irritation persists consult a doctor.
3. Rice Flour
Rice flour can be used to exfoliate dead skin cells from your cracked heels. It helps to remove dead skin and prevents them from cracking anymore. It also cleans and softens the cracked heels making them beautiful and manageable. To make a home made rice flour exfoliating scrub you have to follow a few simple steps.
Ingredients to get:
- A handful of rice flour.
- 2 teaspoons honey.
- Half cup apple cider vinegar.
- Few drop almond oil.
- Mix all the above ingredients to make a firm scrub like paste.
- Soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes, so that they become little soft and hydrated.
- Apply the scrub to the heels and rub them gently.
- Keep it for a while and rinse it out.
- Repeat this method thrice a week.
2. Oatmeal And Jojoba Oil
The combination of oatmeal and jojoba oil can be used to cure your torn feet. These work as a perfect moisturizer and help to repair the cracks on your heels. They take care of the overall health of the skin and give it a shiny glow. The method to create this wonderful homemade moisturizer is quite simple. You just need to get few ingredients and follow some quick steps to get rid of dry cracked feet.
Ingredients to get:
- One tablespoon oatmeal powder.
- Half cut jojoba oil.
- Half lemon.
- Few drops of any essential oil.
- Mix these ingredients well in a bowl.
- Form a thick paste and apply it on your wheels.
- Allow it dry for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Pat your feet dry and apply a good foot cream.
White vinegar works amazing on your damaged feet and they help to repair and exfoliate the dead skin. It contains acetic acid that softens the hard skins and helps you tot take it off. Vinegar cannot be applied to your feet directly; it may dry up your skin quickly. To make it work, we are going to tell you a quick recipe of a foot soak that will relax your feet and will help you to repair cracked heels.
- Fill your foot soaking tub with warm water.
- Add 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- Add some moisturizing oil like olive oil or almond oil.
- Soak your feet for 10 minutes.
- Use a pumice stone to scrape out dead skin.
- Pat them dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat this on the daily basis if your cracked heels are in a severe situation.
NOTE: Instead of white vinegar, apple cider vinegar can also be used to make a relaxing foot soak.
- Never use products containing acetic acid directly on the cracked and damaged area. This might give you inflammation and lot of pain.
- While using any types of herbs or leave make sure they are clean from any insects and washed properly before use.
- Always check the expiry date of products that are used as essential ingredients.
- Quantity and quality of the ingredients must be precise.
- Never soak your feet for any longer than 1 hour in any type of solution.
- Always keep your cracked heels moisturized with a good quality foot cream.
- Never pull out dead skin from your heels when they are dry and hard. This might shed blood and will leave you with a lot of pain.
- If the condition of your heels is getting worse and none of the remedies are showing best result, consult a skin specialist as soon as possible.