Eyebrows are the most vital part of the body, as they do everything for you. The first thing they do is protect your lovely and precious eyes. The shape and the brows itself strain the rain, sweat and heavy moisture away from your pretty hooded eyes sockets and prevent them to reach your eyeballs to keep your vision clear.
Eyebrows also work as a nonverbal communicator. Yes, it helps in enhancing one’s facial expressions. According to some studies, eyebrows play a key role in expressing emotions through facial expressions such as anger, happiness or surprises. They are keenly useful to give signs and expressions for sign language that use their eyebrows to complement hand signs for people having a hearing problem.
Eyebrows are a very important aspect of our physical appearance. They provide a distinctive and prominent feature that makes up our face and we usually pay a lot of attention to it. Eyebrows can flaunt when they are attractive but somehow they don’t look good and attractive on someone, so many people spend a lot of time preening their eyebrows as they give time to do makeup on their face. Eyebrows are the most expressive feature of the face and you can simply answer by moving them up or down. But the question is, how to grow eyebrows thicker and beautifully?
This distinctive part of the body serves a vital part in our cultural norms such as beauty, nonverbal communication and distinctive appearance. But we still have a question in our minds that why do they exist at first place? Scientists are still confused that during evolution why we kept this part of the hair, but they still have some very good guesses. As explained above its arch shape helps in diverting sweat and rain towards the sides of the face, securing your eyeballs completely and relatively keep them dry. Without eyebrows, getting around in such condition can be little difficult.
To make your eyebrows thick and appealing, you just need to do a little hardwork. We have compiled a bunch of successful home remedies that will help you to grow your eyebrows thicker and healthier. You just need to follow the proper instruction in order to get acceptable results. So be patient and start working as it is never too late.
Quick Link: Makeup Tips For Brown Eyes
15. Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum jelly if one of the amazing products that will help you to grow your eyebrows thicker and manageable. Its use is quite effective and makes your eyebrows thick and long which you can shape later on. It also conditions and moisturizes the eyebrows and prevents them from getting dry and dull, thus keeping your eyebrows firm and straight.
- Clean your eyebrows with a cotton cloth.
- Take a little amount of petroleum jelly and apply it on your eyebrows 2-3 time daily.
- Go through this method for at least a month.
- If the above procedure is done regularly it will show some positive results and will enhance your beauty.
- It is mostly used in asian eye makeup packages.
Vitamins are essential for good health and they play a vital role in the growth of thicker and healthier hair. To make your eyebrows grow fast and thicker, you should add a lot of vitamins in your diet not just only eyeliner tricks. Vitamins can be distinguished as A, B, C and E. a vitamin filled diet whole day can help you have healthy body along with it will work on your hair too.
- For vitamin A, go for foods like carrots, sweet potato, lettuce, red pepper etc. Add them in your meal in the form of salads or savoury items.
- Vitamin B supplements are available in the market that can help you to maintain your eyebrows.
- Vitamin C sources are oranges, lime, broccoli, strawberries etc. Go for some instant smoothies that will also refresh you.
- For vitamin E, you should eat almonds, fish, peanuts, olives, spinach etc. you must go for a dry fruit diet that will help you in the growth of thick eyebrows.
13. Rose Water
Rose water is flavoured fresh water that is obtained by steeping rose petals in water. It is used to flavour different foods or as an important ingredient in many top notch cosmetic products and medications. Rose water can be used to cure the problem of thin and light eyebrows. Its moisturizing and cooling nature will give a very soothing effect to the brows along with thickening the hair. It is also said to be one of the best remedies for those who seem worried about how to get rid of bags under eyes.
- Take 1/2 cup of rose water and add half a lemon juice into it.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to make the mixture more effective.
- Stir the mixture well.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in the mixture.
- Apply the mixture on the eyebrows by swiping the cotton balls in sliding directions.
- Keep it for 30 minutes and rinse your face.
- Repeat this method every day to get hydrated and thick eyebrows.
Exfoliating the skin can help you overcome many problems related to hair and skin. It is essential to exfoliate different parts of the body on the daily basis to eliminate dirt and dead skin. This dramatic eye makeup helps your brows grow faster and thicker. Exfoliating in the circular motion can help you to remove dead skin and will increase the blood circulation in your brain and eyes which will make your vision clearer and better.
- Take a pinch of salt and a pinch of baking soda and mix them together.
- Take a baby brush and apply this mixture on the bristles.
- Now use this brush to exfoliate your eyebrows in the circular motion.
- Avoid scrubbing your brows hard as they may damage your skin.
- Keep the pressure minimal while exfoliating to eliminate dirt and dead cells.
- The process will stimulate the hair cell and will help them grow faster and thicker.
11. Avoid Waxing Or Plucking
It has been a myth that waxing and plucking may help eyebrows grow thicker and faster. But this myth is not at all true; the consideration is totally wrong and which makes the people believe in something which cannot happen. Following these methods may damage the follicles of hair which becomes weak and prevents the brows to grow back again. Leaving your eyebrows to grow for a year will help you to regain the actual thickness of the brows. After that, you can shape it a little just to stylise them and to follow the latest fashion trends.
10. Healthy Meal
A good and healthy diet is essential for the thick growth of eyebrows. It will give all the important nourishment which will help your hair to grow thicker and faster. Fat burning foods of all types must be tried to get full and proper healthy nutrients. Let us see what sort of nourishment different food groups can provide us:
- Eat foods enriched with Omega-3 fatty acids such as walnuts, avocado, salmon and olive oil.
- Eat foods enriched with proteins like cheese, lentils, beans, yogurt and tofu.
- Eat food enriched with iron like fish, milk, leafy vegetables and lean meat.
- Have different sorts of vitamin A enriched foods such as sweet potato, carrots and red pepper.
- Go for foods filled with vitamin C and E such as lemon, almonds, peanuts, oranges and papayas.
If required you can go for some multi-vitamin supplements that might help you generously in this case.
For basic and proper nourishment, you can always use milk to grow your eyebrows thicker and faster. Milk contains protein that is mark to make any kind of hair strong and beautiful. It also contains other nutrients that nourishes your hair roots and improve its growth.
- Pour a little amount of whole milk in a bowl.
- Dip a fluffy cotton ball and rub it against your eyebrows.
- Allow it to dry for about 30 minutes and then rinse it with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy on the regular basis to get satisfying results.
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has some moisturizing properties natural enzymes that help to nourish the follicles of your hair and make your eyebrows grow thicker and faster. It will also work on the skin around the eyebrows and will make it softer and manageable. It is also said to be the best tip to makeup for blue eyes.
- Take a few aloe vera leaves and extract its gel to be used in the method.
- Gently massage it on to your eyebrows and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat it dry with a towel.
- Apply a good moisturizer if redness persists.
- Another option is to make a paste of aloe vera gel with little honey and coconut oil. Apply it on to your eyebrows.
- Let it dry and then wash with warm water.
- Either of the remedies can be followed to get some amazing results.
Lemon is one of the acetic fruits that may help to grow your eyebrows thicker and faster. It also enhances your beauty by providing perfect nourishment to your skin. Being a rich source of vitamin C, B, folic acid and other major nutrients, lemon can eliminate dirt and dead skin and will promote growth on new and healthy eyebrows.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Cut a big lemon into slices and rub one of the slices against your eyebrows.
- Leave the juice for about 10-15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- Alternatively, take the juice of one lemon and mix with some coconut oil.
- Dab a cotton ball in this solution and gently rub it against your eyebrows.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse it with warm water.
- Follow this method regularly to obtain thick and healthy eyebrows.
6. Egg Yolk
The basic structure of eyebrows is made up of keratin protein and egg yolk is an excellent source of protein. Thus, it can provide complete nourishment to you eyebrows, along with enhancing and improving the length and thickness of your brows.
- Break an egg and separate the white and the egg yolk.
- Beat the yolk until it gets firm and creamy.
- Gently apply it on to your eyebrows with a cotton pad.
- Leave it for about half an hour and then wash with cold water.
- Use this protein treatment once or twice a week to get some perfect results.
5. Fenugreek Seeds
Using fenugreek seeds can be one sound solution to get thicker and healthier eyebrows. They are a rich source of proteins along with lecithin and nicotinic acid that promotes the dynamic growth of hair. These seeds also help in rebuilding the follicles of hair.
- Soak about one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in warm water.
- Keep them soaked for about 5 hours or overnight.
- Grind the seeds with water and form a thick paste.
- Add a little coconut or olive oil.
- Apply this thick paste on the eyebrows before going to bed.
- Next morning, wash your face with warm water.
- Follow this amazing remedy 2-3 times a week.
4. Coconut Oil
To flaunt your thick eyebrows in public, you need to do a little hardwork. To enjoy impressive and dense eyebrows, you much use some coconut oil. The proteins, as well as the vitamin E content along with iron promote healthy and thick eyebrows. It will also make your eyebrows look darker.
- Drip a few drops of coconut oil onto your index finger and carefully apply it on your eyebrows.
- Massage gently in circular motions to improve the blood circulation.
- Leave it overnight or for about 5 hours.
- Next morning, rinse your face with warm water.
- Do this procedure for a month on a regular basis and you will be amazed to see the changes happening to your eyebrows.
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil is another healthy solution for thick eyebrows. It is enriched with vitamin E and can help your eyebrows to grow faster and thicker. It will also help your brows to look darker and kohled.
- Warm up a few tablespoons of olive oil and gently apply them on your eyebrows before going to bed.
- Leave it for overnight.
- The next morning, rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- You can also use another method where you can mix half a teaspoon of olive oil with some honey and apply it on to your eyebrows.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse off.
- Follow the procedures 2-3 times a week until you get desired results.
2. Onion Juice
Onion juice is another amazing remedy to get rid of dull and thin eyebrows. They aid faster and thick growth of your brows and make them soft and healthy. The extracted juice of onion has sulphur in it that produces collagen tissues that are required in the growth of eyebrows. It also strengthens the follicles of eyebrows.
- Grind one small onion and form a paste.
- Extract juice out of the paste and apply it on the eyebrows.
- Allow it to dry for half an hour and then wash it off with water.
- Apply a soothing moisturizer later on.
- Follow this treatment once a day and for about a month.
1. Castor Oil
Castor oil is the number one solution for thin and dull eyebrows. It is the most effective remedy that boosts the growth of your eyebrows. It is rich in proteins, fatty acids, vitamin and antioxidants that provide complete nourishment to the hair follicles that promotes hair growth. It also eliminates the growth of micro-organisms that tempers the growth of eyebrows.
- Dip a cotton ball in castor oil and apply it on your eyebrows.
- Gently massage your eyebrows in a circular motion for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave it for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Wash it with lukewarm water next day.
- Repeat this method 2-3 times a week.
Note: Don’t use castor oil if it caused redness or irritation.
Some Useful Tips And Tricks
- Avoid apply excessive makeup on the eyebrows.
- Avoid rubbing and scratching your brows vigorously.
- Take proper sleep to help your eyebrows grow faster and thicker.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water to keep yourself hydrated and to promote the rich growth of hair.
- Control your stress level, as it may cause the dullness of your eyebrows.
- Avoid pressing your eyebrows hard while applying an eyebrow pencil.
- Avoid threading, plucking or waxing your brows too frequently.
- Use some vitamin E capsules and apply the drops onto your brows.
- Exfoliate the skin around your eyebrows to eliminate any kind of dead skin cells and to make skin and brows softer.
- Regularly apply some petroleum jelly to nourish and moisturize your brows.
- Massage your brows in a circular motion to enhance the blood circulation towards your head and eyes. This will help in the growth of your eyebrows and will make them thicker and healthier.
- Once you acquire thick eyebrows, get them shaped professionally.
Related Article: How To Do A Smokey Eye For Brown Eyes