Hyper-pigmentation is a common harmless skin problem, which results in darkened patches of skin than the normal skin color. Overproduction of melanin (that gives hair and face color) in certain spots on the skin causes hyper-pigmentation. The patches of the skin are light brown to black in color, with vary in sizes.
Hyperpigmentation can be occurred in men and women of different race, it may also affect young beside adult and beyond. If not prevented at early stage, it may cause severe difficulty in treating them. More often, the causes behind hyper-pigmentation are hormonal changes, pregnancy and age factor. They are also in form of pigment spots, which are also categorized as age spots, are mostly caused by exposure of sun. People who are expert in summers are most likely to get pigment spots on their bodies. From hand, arms to face, hyper-pigmentation may occur in areas, exposing to sun. What are the causes of these darkened patches on the skin?
- Post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation: PIH generally occurs after skin injuries for acne sufferers, burns, frictions and particular skin treatments. It takes time to fade as the skin of the affected part re-generates. Another reason to get post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation by cosmetics procedures as in skin laser treatments and chemical peels.
- Melasma or Cholasma: This is most often caused by hormonal changes during pregnancy. That is why; it is referred as “The mask of pregnancy”. With excessive use of birth control pills causes big darkened patches on face and arms. Mostly 90% women observe melasma during pregnancy.
- Lentigines: Common known for lentigines is age spots or liver spots. They are directly linked with sun exposure and its effects.
It is time to reveal those home secrets that are effective in getting rid of ugly dark spots on skin, called hyper-pigmentation. Especially, women of every age are eagerly concerned to get to know the remedies that fade away or reduce the skin pigmentation on the body. Scroll down to know beauty secrets;
“In order to get rid of hyper-pigmentation, it is important to notice the dark patches on your body. With the use of fruits, milk, vegetables and natural product, one can retain the original skin, free from dark spots and blemishes. Besides hormonal changes during pregnancy, sun exposure is another major cause of hyper-pigmentation. There is essential need to avoid medications and to concentrate on sleeping. With the different causes, there are multiple home remedies, if used regularly, to observe effective results.”
15. Potato Treatment
As French fries are favorite food items, count potato as favorite skin ingredient. Potato can be effective in lighten skin tones. If your skin is affected with dark spots, hyper-pigmentation and melasma, Just try this effective DIY potato treatment and see the magic for yourself. An enzyme, named as catecholase, present in potato can be effective in reducing dark spots or blemishes. Use these simple methods to learn this easy hyperpigmentation treatment using potatoes.
Steps to do;
- Take a fine potato. Wash it well.
- Cut into slices.
- Apply the slices on the pigmented area for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Leave it on the skin until it absorbs the juice.
- Grate a medium sized potato.
- Squeeze potato juice from it.
- Apply it on the affected area until the skin absorbs the juice.
- Wash the area gently.
Repeat the above methods twice a day for whole month.
Be relaxed, we bring you remedies that are easily available and effective. Time to put some fresh lemons in your basket. Lemon contains 6% citric acid that is why it is sour in taste. With presence of vitamin C and numerous other vitamins, lemon proves to be an effective ingredient to reduce hyperpigmentation. If you want to know how to get rid of hyperpigmentaion effectively, lemon is the best natural remedy for this.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Take a fresh lemon; squeeze it to get some fresh lemon juice.
- Apply the juice on the affected area with the use of cotton.
- Lemon mixed with equal amount of raw honey is also an effective remedy to lighten the darken spots.
13. Aloe Vera Gel
If you want a natural home remedy that works immediately and removes hyper-pigmentation. Go and get aloe Vera plant. The effective magical plant contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that make it exclusive in nature in overcoming countless skin infections and problems. However, hyper-pigmentation is non-infectious but it makes most of the women self-conscious and tensed. All these benefits of Aloe Vera make it an amazing remedy for hyperpigmentation treatment.
You may be confused with the process of applying, follow the steps carefully;
- The method is quite simple. Take analoeVera leave and wash it well.
- Extract white gel from the plant.
- Directly apply the gel on the affected are before you go to sleep.
- Allow it to rest on your skin for midnight.
- Wash the face as you wake up.
For some allergic people, apply small quantity of gel on some part of your body to test whether it is allergic to your skin or not.
Aloe Vera mask
Prepare aloe Vera mask to get rid of hyperactive pigmentation. With regular use of this mask for two weeks, you will notice some obvious results.
- Extract 1/2 tablespoon of aloe Vera gel.
- Add 1 tablespoon of seaweed and 1/2 tablespoon of raw honey. Stir the mixture well.
- Apply the above mixture on pigmented areas.
- After applying it for 20 minutes, rinse off the face with lukewarm water.
Do not use soap after that.
12. Oranges And Strawberries
Who does not like strawberries? Here is the remedy to treat hyper-pigmentation. You like having strawberries in any form but you intake them, it is a beneficial fruit that treats skin allergies. It has the property to offer cooling effect to the body. Strawberries are helpful in retaining the normal PH level of the skin. Fruits are those magical ingredients that provide health and skin benefits simultaneously. Remember to add fruits in your baskets to get rid of dark spots on skin!
Alongside strawberries, oranges are also of great importance and advantages. The excess amount of vitamin C present in oranges is helpful for skin nourishment and to remove dead cells. Even the excessive use of oranges on the surface of the skin can lessen the darken areas and bring it back to normal color.
Taking both the fruits in the form of juice or direct application provides effective results in hyper-pigmentation.
Here you’ll learn how to get rid of hyperpigmentation using this magical herb. With many other cooking uses, turmeric is also used as to treat several skin problems. People living in most of the Asian countries use turmeric powder to overcome skin infections and bad skin conditions. The yellow pigment of turmeric is immensely effective in reducing inflammation. It also treats skin acne. We bring an effective grandma’s turmeric remedy to reduce hyper-pigmentation. Note it down the recipe to make a turmeric mask and start using it from today.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Add 2-3 tablespoon of gram flour.
- Also, add 1/2 teaspoon of almond oil into the mixture.
- Finally add 1/2 teaspoon of milk and form a paste.
- Use lemon juice or honey if you have sensitive skin.
As cucumber contains more than 90%,water that is it keeps human body hydrated and absorbed. It has multiple vitamins that improves immune system and is an energy booster. With multiple health benefits, cucumber has effective results in getting rid of hyper-pigmentation. It protects your skin from sunburn that is when a body faces scorching sun, slices of cucumber soothe the skin and protects from inflammation.
- Directly apply cucumber slices on the affected area, leave it for minutes. Clean it then.
- Extract some juice from cucumber, with the help of blender. Add amount of lemon and honey, mix well the ingredients in a bowl. Apply the mixture on the pigmented areas. After letting it dry on the skin for 15 minutes, wash it with lukewarm water for giving your skin an effective hyperpigmentation treatment.
9. Papaya Pulp
Fruits are just not good for health; they do excellent with our skin. With number of health benefits, like digestive problems and liver, papaya is a fruit blessed with countless advantages. Papaya is rich in antioxidant nutrients. As the fruit is enriched with vitamin A and papain, it is effective in removing dead cells, blemishes and dark spots. The presence of enzyme, papain, works for exfoliation of skin and re-generate new cells on the skin and eliminate dark spots on skin.
- Directly apply the papaya on the skin, leave it for minutes then rinse it off.
- Grate the papaya and form a pulp out of it. Apply pulp on the affected face, let it dry, and clean it with water.
- Repeat the process, until you observe obvious results.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
If you want to learn how to get rid of hyperpigmentation quickly then use apple cider vinegar. Just another ingredient from your kitchen cabinet. Apple cider vinegar, also called as ACV, works instantly for skin pigmentation. As the skin gets darken areas, blemishes and ugly spots, do not waste a minute, get a bottle of vinegar and observe noticeable difference on your skin. The important ingredient in ACV is sulfur that reduces the dark spots and pigmentation. It also works as a skin toner.
- Take a quantity of apple cider vinegar, with the help of cotton wool; apply it on the affected areas.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar with red onion juice is another remedy to cure pigmentation.
The richness in vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants improves skin and treats as a natural beauty remedy. Another skin benefit which is present in avocado is vitamin E, that prevent from sun exposure and reduces the darken areas, affected from sun. Avocado is specially effective for hyperpigmentation.
Quick link = Benefits of Avocado
- Grate avocado and form a paste, apply the paste on the skin. How simple is that!
- Directly apply the sliced avocado on the skin, let it properly sit on the skin until the skin absorbs the juice.
- For a mixture of avocado, honey and lemon, also works for reducing pigmentation on the skin.
Banana is enriched with vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E and Potassium. All the vitamins and nutrients, works wonders for the skin treatments. The presence of vitamin A in healthy banana is helpful in lessening the dark spots and blemishes. However, the continuous use of banana will take away your dark spots on skin, blemishes and you will retain the color of original shiny skin.
Effective banana face masks
Mash a medium sized banana with the help of fork. Apply it on the affected areas; Let it sit on the skin for minutes. When it gets dry, wash it with water and massage the skin with ice cubes.
Mask two (The remedy works for lightening skin and removing dark spots)
Take mashed banana paste; add 1 tsp. of lemon and 1tsp of honey. Mix well the ingredients. Apply it on the skin for 15 minutes. Wash it with just water. Do not use soap after that.
Mask three (Guava and banana mask)
Mix the pulp of guava and banana in a bowl. Apply it on the pigmented areas. After half an hour, wash the face.
Milk is included in major ingredients that help instantly in getting rid of hyper-pigmentation. The major component, lactic acid, in milk works effectively for hyper-pigmentation. With reducing the darken skin spots, it is also beneficial to lessen the symptoms of aging. If you are women, facing with over aged pigmentation, then the application of milk is must. You can use this effective hyperpigmentation treatment this way:
- Application of fresh goat milk is effective for skin pigmentation. By applying raw goat milk before going to sleep, you will see clear difference on your skin, in few weeks.
- Make a mask of milk and honey to get rid of hyper pigmentation. Take an equal amount of both the ingredients, mix it well and apply it on the face. Do it daily to observe results.
- Form a mixture of milk and banana. The process of applying remains same. The remedy is effective and tried on the skin.
In order to get rid of hyper pigmentation and skin pigmentation, the use of sandalwood is from long time. The powder that we get from sandalwood is equally beneficial for skin treatment as the sandalwood oil. Sandalwood has property of healing the wounds and ability to disappear the dark spots on skin.
- Take 4 tsp. of sandalwood powder and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, apply it on the affected area.
- Form a mixture of sandalwood powder and milk. Apply it on the skin and get results.
Among the list of beauty secrets, almond secures top position. Being rich in number of nutrients, almond is known to be “super food”. As per the advice of nutrients, almond should be soaked overnight for health and skin treatments. Thenutrients present in almonds are effective for nourishment of the skin. Sometimes dryness of skin is also the reason to cause hyper-pigmentation. Almond can treat the pigmentation with its magical properties.
One of the rich nut, almond, has the ability to treat skin inflammation also. When your original skin is damaged causing eruption on the skin surface, use of soaked almond is recommended to do repairing process that re-generate new skin.
- Soak the almonds overnight and remove the skin from almonds.
- Crush the almonds, add raw milk and prepare a paste.
- Apply it on the face for 20 minutes.
- Wash it with warm water.
2. Orange Peel
Dried orange peel works effectively on removing dead cells and pigmented areas on the skin. The solution that is made from orange peel works perfectly for skin lightening that is to reduce blemishes and darkened areas, caused by hyper-pigmentation. The powder that we get from orange dried peel, is effective for skin lightening, removal of black heads, reduces blemishes and treats acne.
- Before going for preparing a mask, you have to blend orange dried peel in a blender to get orange peel powder.
- Form a mixture of dried orange peel powder and raw milk. Apply it on the face for 20 minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water.
- Prepare a mixture of dried orange peel powder, yogurt and pinch of turmeric powder. Apply the mixture on the skin for 20 minutes. Wash it then.
1. Tomato And Oatmeal
Tomato works as a natural bleaching agent whereas oatmeal acts as a natural scrubber. Both are used for cleansing of skin and are effective in removing the dead cells on the skin. Adding yogurt into both the ingredients, works great for skin pigmentation.
Extract some tomato juice and add 2 tsp. of oatmeal in it. Add 1/2 tsp. of fresh yogurt in the mixture. Apply it on the skin for 15 minutes. Wash it off with water.
- Do take plenty of water.
- Proper application of above remedies is must.
- Before going for remedy, test it on some part of your body.
- Maintain a healthy diet that has vitamin E in it.
- Add pomegranate to your diet list.
- Do not using soap after application of remedies, if not required.
- Avoid taking birth-controlling pills.
- Do not depend on medications.
- Avoid laser treatments, if you want a skin free of pigmentation.
- Do not forget to take bath regularly with warm water.