Every woman dreams about having hair that look and feel exactly like the ones model flaunt in one of those shampoo ads. It is not an impossible thing to achieve however, most women do not know that a lot of stuff goes both on the hair during the shoot and during the post-production session. If women are to given a chance to actually witness an ad in the making they will be shocked to see that the hair that goes on top of a model’s head is comprised of a number of fake hair extensions and uhennecessary hair products to keep them the way they are supposed to be throughout the shoot. Moreover, the shine that flawlessly appears on the top of the hair doesn’t exist in reality in fact it is an effect that is added on to the hair with the help of several post production techniques.
Unfortunately, it is still difficult to satisfy a woman’s heart because when she settles herself for something that she wants it is quite a task to get her either off the track or at least distracted for a while. It is sad to know that the commercial society has literally put the female population of the world under the burden of looking and feeling good on the basis of all the fake items that are readily available on the shelves. Not only do these products cost them a fortune but also the end result is simply unsatisfactory because one way or the other the imaginative figure that a woman has built of her transformed self never matches with the one that she is looking at in the mirror.
Just like having a flawless skin, perfect figure and a beautiful smile a woman also aspires to have hair that speak and support her personality. Hair should be long, fluffy, thick and shiny, also if not long but the hair if short too should possess all these attributes. There are a ton of factors that elevate harshness in the texture of the hair. These include, unnecessary sun-exposure, use of two many dyes and harsh hair care products, shampoo or conditioner that doesn’t suit the hair type and even nutritional deficiencies add up to loss of shine and strength in the hair. Use of shampoo has not been a substantial way to achieve perfect results but these home remedies are definite to provide you with astonishing results that you might never have imagined.
“It is sad to know that the commercial society has literally put the female population of the world under the burden of looking and feeling good on the basis of all the fake items that are readily available on the shelves.”
15. Better To Rinse Hair With Cold Water
Whenever someone gets into the shower the first thing they do is to increase the water temperature. Most people like to have hot showers. It tends to take away all the stress and physical burden from both the mind and the body. But one doesn’t understand is that direct contact of hot water with the scalp and the hair results in unnecessary drying of the hair and the scalp. Follow these suggestions to have beautiful, strong and straight hair.
- Use of hot water dries the scalp and results in more dandruff.
- Hot water damages the hair by breaking the protein bonds inside the hair follicles.
- It is important to condition your hair each time you shampoo the hair. The key is to use the conditioner and then especially rinse it with cold water.
- The cold water seals the essential chemicals of the conditioner inside the hair follicles resulting in shinier and thicker looking hair.
- This has been a long lost myth but now research has proved that cold water does have a shinier effect on the hair as they reflect more light. On the contrary to hot water, that happens to leave the hair rough and lacks the required shine.
14. Do Not Step Out Without Conditioning
Men and women both find it hectic to complete all the necessary chores even while taking a bath. The best that they want is to get in, get wet as quickly as they can, turn off the shower, pat dry and get out. It is like the 2 minute military shower routine for most of the people because after a day’s hectic routine they tend not to waste extra time in the shower. But this lazy routine can be good once a week it is equally important that you not only shampoo your hair but also apply and rest the conditioner for a good 1 minute. It works better than any best hair straightener.
- The conditioner seals the straightening agent on the hair follicles to give them a smooth texture.
- Depending upon the brand that you have chosen the time duration taken by a conditioner varies. Some might work well after a minute while other brands take a good half an hour to show optimum results.
- It is recommended to use a good conditioner that requires a good hour and half to nurture the tips and the cuticles.
Tip: If you do not have enough time to stay occupied inside the shower then just pop the conditioner on to the hair and wear a shower cap. You can always come back to rinse it after a while.
13. Try Out The Egg Mask
Eggs are full of proteins that is why these are recommended to be taken a day to boost up cognitive ability of the brain and also positively affect the IQ level. Not only do eggs provide nourishment to the brain but also add shine to the hair and strengthen the chemical bonds in each hair follicle. So egg mask is the perfect DIY solution for this hair problem.
- A number of masks can be made and applied on the hair that will give remarkable results to achieve straight hair.
- You can start with adding a whole egg in about 3-4 tablespoon full of yogurt and mixing it well. Start parting the hair and apply this mixture step by step on the scalp. Keep it there for a good 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Another effective egg mask requires mixing only the egg white of one egg, a tablespoon each of honey and olive oil and mix it well. Apply this thick mixture on damp-wet hair and cover it up with a shower cap. Leave this mask for about 25-30 minutes and then rinse it off using a mild shampoo.
- One very effective mask is made using 2 eggs and beating them till they form a foamy texture. Now pour in 2 tablespoon of almond oil and yogurt, each. Likewise, apply the mixture on to the hair and cover them up with a shower cap. Do not exceed the time limit of 30 minutes and then wash it off with a shampoo.
12. Mixing Bananas, Olive Oil And Yogurt
There are plenty of stuff in the kitchen that when tossed together give away some really amazing hair and face masks. Eggs, yogurt, aloe Vera, honey and number of other ingredients have really soothing and nourishing effect on the scalp and the hair. Most of the hair masks take up eggs as the core ingredient, since egg whites are known to possess some conditioning capabilities. The following mask is known as one of the best hair straightener you can find naturally.
- This mask is simple and requires taking 2 whole bananas and mashing them up really nice.
- Ad up honey (preferable) yogurt and olive oil in order to turn it into paste form.
- Later on refrigerate the mask for over 30 minutes and apply this thick mixture on the scalp and cover it up either with a towel or a shower cap.
- Wash it off after 30-45 minutes for ideal results.
“This has been a long lost myth but now research has proved that cold water does have a shinier effect on the hair as they reflect more light.”
11. Using Honey Milk And Strawberries
Strawberries are the queen of fruits and are a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids that are not only useful for the mind but are also essential for the scalp’s health. There are a number of benefits for using strawberries as part of your hair regime but one must make sure to keep these hair treatments to a minimum of once a week.
- Strawberries are known to fight against diseases like Alopecia and unnecessary thinning of the hair.
- It fights against dandruff as well as stops all kinds of fungal development on the scalp or on the hair.
- One of the masks requires using 6-7 strawberries in mashed form. Add these berries in a tablespoon full of mayonnaise and apply the mixture on to the scalp.
- Since mayonnaise is a great source of eggs yet again the mask puts forth the benefits of adding eggs to almost anything.
- For another mask, simply mix some milk with a tablespoon loaded with raw and organic honey. Now put this in a blender and pop in a handful of medium sized strawberries and blend the mixture well till it takes a paste like form.
- This mask requires a time span of more than an hour so better to dip your hands in this regime on a casual weekend to get straight hair.
10. Make Use Of Some Essential Oil And Aloe Vera Mask
A number of facials are readily available in the market where they are promoted to be beneficial as they are ready made and ready to use, you probably do not need any side product to use and apply these facial masks. But one drawback of these facials is the presence of chemicals that are added either to increase the shelf life of the product or to produce temporary shine and whitening on the skin. Aloe Vera gel is very good for your hair and can be used as one of the best hair straightener you can find.
- One great way to add shine and silkiness on to the hair is by using a combination of essential oil and Aloe Vera gel.
- Now Aloe Vera gel is known to have more than hundred benefits on the skin and on the hair. The plant is useful even when taken orally. But there are a number of implications on as to how can the plant be added orally in the diet.
- For this case we need to use an essential oil, you can use any of your preference and add the oil in to half a cup of Aloe Vera gel.
- Along with it you can also add half a cup of heated coconut oil and olive oil (as per your choice).
- This mask needs to rest overnight and the next morning simply apply it all over the scalp and the hair. Rest it in for about 2 hours and wash it off with a good and suitable shampoo. Don’t forget to condition afterwards.
Tips: It is suggested to use sandalwood or rosemary essential oil since they are known to have much finer results on the hair.
9. Go For Hot Oil Massage
A warm bath right at the end of the day or a hot cup of coffee or tea really has a sound, soothing effect on the body, right? The warmth of these things automatically pushes the body in a serene state of mind where it seems that all kinds of mental and physical tensions are flying away.
- Just like hot water baths, saunas and a hot cup of coffee has a soothing effect on the muscles and the body, hot oil massages are proven to provide the same benefits.
- Not only are hot oil massages soothing but the hot oil along with a perfect routine of massage not only activates the brain cells but it also regulates the blood flow in the scalp.
- Hot oil massages also have a refining effect on curly and frizzy hair and are often used to tame such kind of hair.
- Just heat the oil for about 20-30 seconds, only.
- Gently massage the oil on to the scalp and the hair. Use a wide toothed comb to evenly distribute the oil all over.
- Then cover the hair with a towel for about 30 minutes and wash it off with a shampoo and end it with a conditioner. Don’t forget to comb the hair again to set the silkiness inside and get straight hair.
8. Moisturize Using Coconut Milk
Although seemingly a luxury, Coconut milk is known to have really smooth effect on untamed hair. This luxurious natural product not only straightens the hair but also smooths out uneven and rough edges on the cuticles. Not easily available and if so might cost you a bit but using the product on an alternate basis will show visible results really soon. It is also considered as one of the best hair straightener you can find.
- Coconut milk is known to have a natural anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral effect on the skin and the hair.
- The technique to make a mask out of this product is to use a small amount and add it in a glass jar. Now in the jar add quite a bit of fresh lemon juice and mix it up well.
- Let the mask rest inside the refrigerator till you see a foam creation on the top of the jar. Massage the scalp and hair with the creamy foam, leave it for 20-25 minutes and then cover it up with a shower cap.
- Wrap the head in a warm and moist towel for about 30 minutes.
- Wash it with a good shampoo and finish the chore with a good conditioner.
Tip: The key for this mask to work is to comb the wet hair and let it for air dry.
“But one drawback of using OTC facials is the presence of chemicals that are added either to increase the shelf life of the product or to produce temporary shine and whitening on the skin.”
7. Milking Your Hair Using Milk Spray
We have only thought of milk as a food and something that is full of calcium and iron and something that is always there to protect and strengthen our bones. The protein in the milk just like the one in eggs have really strengthening effect on the hair cuticles and it is a really effective way to get rid of frizz from wild hair types.
- There are two ways to use milk one is in the form of a spray and the other is a part of a mask.
- For the spray mix equal parts of milk and water in a spray bottle and refrigerate it. When needed spray the mixture on to the hair and comb it well using a wide toothed comb.
- Let the mixture stay in the hair for a good while till you feel that it has been absorbed really nice by the hair. Get your shower done and wash the hair off with a good shampoo and condition it afterwards to get beautiful straight hair.
- For the mask, mix a tablespoon of honey about 7-8 mashed strawberries and a cup of milk till the form a thick kind of mixture. Apply this thick mask on the scalp and the hair and cover it with a towel for about 2 hours.
- This mask requires using a mild shampoo and conditioner. Don’t forget to comb wet hair with a wide toothed comb and let the hair open for air dry.
Tip: Using milk sprays is the easiest and quite effective way to get straight hair in a short amount of time.
6. Best Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar
Just like Apple Cider vinegar is known to be one of the best products to get rid of a flabby belly or some tough fat areas. It is also known to have targeted effects on tough areas of the body simply have a few teaspoons of vinegar with water is known to also activate the metabolism to a healthy level. You don’t need any of the fancy and so called best hair straightener if you have apple cider vinegar at home.
- Apple cider vinegar is also a good disinfectant and is known to keep all forms of infections away from the scalp and the hair.
- Because of the slight difference in the chemical composition of this product, cider vinegar is known to balance out the improper levels of pH throughout the scalp.
- Organic Apple Cider vinegar is also known to promote healthier and shinier hair growth.
- Just add a few teaspoons of vinegar in a cup of water or increase the quantity depending upon the amount and length of hair.
- Use this mixture as a final rinse off after you have done all the shampooing and conditioning.
- The apple cider vinegar and water mixture restores the lost luster during the wash and also balances out uneven pH levels.
Tips: Always prefer using the organic form Apple Cider vinegar.
5. Natural Growth Agent Castor Oil
Castor oil might be one of the thickest oils in the family and this one oil is proven to promote healthy hair growth when used for a long period of time. People who have rapid loss of hair on the scalp or even on the eyebrows and eyelids are suggested to just dab the finger with some oil and massage it on the eyelids and the forehead or the affected area, before going to sleep.
- People have reported really positive results after they have ritually used castor oil as part of their hair treating regime.
- Castor oil is known to payback with a natural shine and luster on the hair and much controlled frizz with silk smoothness.
- To understand how to use it, simply mix 2-3 tablespoons of castor oil with half the amount of soybean oil. Warm up the mixture for about 20 seconds in the microwave.
- Apply it on the scalp and the hair evenly and leave it for good 30 minutes. Since the density of both the oils is pretty high so it is suggested not to leave it for more than the given time.
- Wash it thoroughly with a good shampoo and conditioner and comb it when they are still wet. Let them to air dry and enjoy healthy straight hair.
4. Remarkable Effects Of Celery Leaves
Though one must know celery only for its purpose as a side item on the plate or as a part of the salad bowl but there is so much goodness stored in these natural products that it is hard to even imagine how we can be neglecting all these for so long. We as humans have been really ungrateful we have trusted all the chemical based products for centuries but never have we devoted ourselves to focus on using natural products for all problems.
- Celery leaves have disinfectant properties and also promote healthy hair growth, providing silkiness and smoothes out rough edges.
- All you need to do is to chop down a big bunch of celery leaves and add it in a juicer along with a little water. Water will simply aid the juicing process.
- Now take out as much juice out of the celery leaves as possible.
- Collect the juice in a spray bottle and refrigerate it for a good two whole days.
- Just use the mixture by spraying it all over the scalp and the hair and massage it well. Cover and leave it on the hair for over 30 minutes.
- Wash it off well using a mild shampoo and finish it by conditioning it well. It will serve as one of the best hair straightener you can use naturally.
“Once you go through the labels of a number of products on the shelf you will get to see that a lot of hair care products have added almond oil as one of their core ingredients.”
3. Make Use Of Those Banana And Papaya
Every household has a good old supply of bananas and papaya that are always readily available and at your disposal. But there are some really ungrateful times when this great fruit is found to be rotting on the kitchen top or inside the refrigerator and no one is really in the mood to have some. So in order to save these precious gems make use of them in a very exciting way that will give your hair a new life and shine.
- Make use of the extra fruit lot in the refrigerator by mixing them well and making a hair and face mask out of them to get straight hair.
- For the banana and papaya hair mask, use about 2 bananas, an almost equal proportion of papaya, mash and mix them well to form a thick paste.
- You can even add a tablespoon full of organic honey in to this mixture because honey adds a fine texture to the hair as well as to the mask.
- Use this hair mask on the hair strands only and not the scalp because it will be difficult to get it off from the scalp.
- Leave it on the hair for the time you feel it has completely dried off and then wash it off nicely from the hair using a shampoo but don’t forget to condition later on.
- You can witness instant shine and silky smoothness on the hair.
2. Using Eggs And Olive Oil Together
You might have noticed eggs being an essential part of almost all of the masks that have been mentioned to achieve that natural luster and silkiness in the hair. Maybe this is because the protein and collagen present in the eggs are found to be really effective in nourishing hair follicles and repairing damaged cuticles. Looking for the best hair straightener using natural ingredients than you must use this recipe.
- Eggs are part of almost one alternate method of making a hair mask.
- For this particular mask use 2 whole eggs and add them in a medium amount of olive oil. Mix it up well till you cannot differentiate the presence of eggs in the mixture.
- Apply this mask on to the hair and the scalp and massage it thoroughly to stimulate release of good hormones and activate the blood flow.
- This mask requires letting it stay on the hair for about an hour and then rinse it well with Luke warm water and a good shampoo. Seal the freshness and silkiness with a good conditioner.
Tips: Don’t wash off an egg based mask with hot water because the egg will start forming clots and it will be really difficult to get rid of it.
1. Effectiveness Of Almonds Oil
Almond oil is one of the most effective and nourishing oils of the lot. This oil is specifically known to bring back that long lost shine and silkiness from your hair. Once you go through the labels of a number of products on the shelf you will get to see that a lot of hair care products have added almond oil as one of their core ingredients. This is all due to its nourishing properties that allows hair to grow thick and long.
- One useful tip is to simply add 2-3 drops of sweet almond oil on to your conditioner and simply rub it a little on the palm and then massage it starting from the middle of the head.
- This way the shine and smoothness will be equally distributed among the hair.
- Most people have made it a weekly regime to apply almond oil on the hair and scalp and massage it well to get straight hair.
- Use of almond oil has proven to show great results after use of about 3 weeks to a month.
- For naturally silky hair one hair mask involves making a mixture out of water and herbal henna a night before application. The next morning simply add some sweet almond oil and an egg in the mixture and let it sit for about 15 minutes,
- Apply this mixture on equal parts of hair and cover it up with a breathable cloth.
- Wash it off when the mixture starts to harden. Apply conditioner to seal the deal.
- It is best to use these natural hair care regimes once a week.
- Always make sure that you apply a new mask on a small portion of the scalp to see if an ingredient reacts with the scalp.
- Massage a mixture well on the scalp to promote healthy blood flow on the scalp.
- Better to make use of organic products like organic oils, honey and apple cider vinegar to get beautiful straight hair.
- Always take care of your diet and add up as much of protein rich foods as possible.
- Do not overlap using a number of masks in a single week.
- Do not wash an egg based mask with hot water.
- Do not try and towel dry your hair forcibly this way the thread in the towel causes a lot of damage to the hair.
- Never believe in the effectiveness of crash diets because the first thing that gets ruined is the hair.