Skin requires a proper care whether it is of face, legs or hands. Usually people pay attention to their face only and totally ignores the rest of their body because of which they later on feel embarrassment. If you treat your whole skin as you treat your facial skin then there would be no problem of uneven skin tone and smoothness. With an even tone and fresh look you wear any dress confidently and move comfortably in social communities.h
Our skin is exposed to may dangers due to the increasing pollution, the UV rays of sun and many commercial products. All of these affect our skin adversely, especially the products that we use directly on our skin. These different kinds of products contain some of the hazardous elements in them, although they are manufactured for the benefits of humans but sometimes using such beauty products have their side effects. Therefore it is recommended that before using such products one should read its prescriptions and the ingredients used in it.
The darkening of armpits is due to the products that are used for the removal of hair usually hair removing creams or shaving armpits. The accumulation of dead skin cells in layers and the use of different alcoholic deodorants excessively during summers is one of the major reasons of dark armpits. The improper ventilation and sweat also destroys the natural color.
These are some of the causes of dark armpits which takes away the confidence from a person, who then feel ashamed and hesitant to raise his/her hand freely. Many females due to this embarrassment avoid wearing sleeveless dresses.
Here are some natural ingredients that you will find easily at your kitchen store which is effective for whitening dark underarms. For desiring a glowing skin these natural remedies are best to use and are natural cures for dark underarms. These home remedies surely need some time and patience to get rid of dark armpits, but the remedies are effective and have no side effects.
Natural Remedies For Dark Underarms
In nature we can find elements that act as natural bleaching agents, because of their acidic nature and antiseptic properties these elements eliminate the darkness of your underarms or dark armpits and help to restore the skin tone naturally.
Dark armpits not only look ugly but at the same time irritates a person with its itching. Honey is an amazing beauty ailment containing natural anti-bacterial, soothing and skin lightening properties. Its regular use relieves a person from dark underarms and the itchiness caused by it.
Take a small amount of honey and evenly spread it over the dark armpits. After a few minutes remove the honey with warm water. With its regular use, this will leave your skin clean, white and silky smooth.
14. Apple And Papaya
Fruits contain in them every type of cure and are thus a cool blessing. ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away’, is a well-known proverb. Dark underarms are the result of bacteria and germ action, the AHA’s in apple kills these germs and helps in repairing the dead skin. Here is how to get rid of dark underarms using apples.
- Finely mash the apples and then slightly massage the affected area with this paste. Let it sit for a few minutes and then peel it off. Now take a soft wet cloth and clean the area properly.
Papaya is widely used in commercial products due to its multiple benefits. It is in the top lists of beauty items for lightening and beautifying the skin. Due to the presence of special enzymes, it is an excellent remedy for lightening dark underarms and for the renewal of dead skin.
- Cut a piece of papaya and rub it onto the affected skin or extract its juice and apply it to the underarms. Leave it to dry for about half an hour and then thoroughly wash the area.
You will surely experience clean armpits with its regular use for 3 to 4 weeks.
Sandalwood is recognized for its sweet odor and skin lightening properties. It provides a soothing and soft touch to the skin. Make sure to use this effective remedy if you want to learn how to get rid of dark underarms.
Mix enough amount of sandalwood powder with rose water to form a paste. Now apply this paste to the affected underarms and leave it to dry for 15 to 20 minutes. Then sponge away with cold water. This will help you to get rid of the dark armpits and leave your skin glowing fresh.
“Skin requires a proper care whether it is your face, legs or hands. If a person is careless regarding his skin then he might face some of the embarrassing situations. The natural ingredients that you find easily at your kitchen stores are effectively useful for whitening dark underarms.”
12. Pumice Stone And Aloe Vera
Pumice stone as a beauty tool is mostly used to remove the dead skin from sole. This rough volcanic stone can also be a better option for dark underarms to exfoliate the dead skin.
Thoroughly wet the stone and carefully rub the affected area. After a careful scrub, apply aloe Vera gel to the area. Aloe Vera not only helps in maintaining the natural skin-tone but also is an excellent organic moisturizer. It is even best for healing burns and restores the damaged skin-tone. Make sure to use it regularly if you want to get rid of dark armpits.
11. Potash Alum
Sweating is one of the major reasons for dark armpits. If you successfully reduce underarm sweat and improve your hygiene then the problem can be controlled up to some extent. For this potash alum works perfectly good to control sweat.
- Wet the alum and underarm skin and slowly rub the alum onto it.
- Take a spray bottle and fill it with rose water. Add alum to rose water and shake it well before use.
Or simply dissolve the alum in water and pour it on your body except the head after you take a shower. This easy remedy is best for sweat control and thus prevent from dark armpits and stinky smell.
Since ages lemons have been used as a beneficial remedy for lightening the skin tone. Due to the bleaching and acidic properties, lemons can be an important item to restore the bright glow of your skin. Lemon actsas a natural cleansing agent and not only eliminates the dirt but also the darkness and dead skin cells.
Quick links = Benefits of lemon water
- Take a lemon and slice it into two parts. Then rub it directly on affected areas including dark armpits. Leave it for a few minutes and rinse with cold or Luke water. After washing pat it dry and apply a good moisturizer as lemon dries the skin because of its acidity.
- You can also add additional ingredients to lemon juice like turmeric powder, yogurt, cucumber extract and even honey to make a paste. Apply the paste to underarms for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash with tap or rose water.
- Mix 1 tea spoon of lemon juice, coconut oil and olive oil with ½ tea spoon of turmeric powder. Then apply the mixture for 10 minutes to your underarms and rinse with water. You do not need a moisturizer after this technique.
For removing the dead cells sprinkle some sugar on a slice of lemon and rub it to your underarms for a few minutes before you take a bath.
Cucumber has some really amazing skin health properties. Cucumbers like lemon, also contains the bleaching properties. Along its whitening action it also soothes the skin because of its cooling properties. Here are few tips about how to get rid of dark underarms using cucumbers.
- Cut slices of cucumber and simply rub it onto your armpits twice a day for obtaining maximum results.
- Grate the cucumber and extract its juice to apply it directly on your underarms. You will definitely feel the difference with its regular use.
- The paste made of its juice with few drops of lemon and a pinch of turmeric can also be an effective cure for dark underarms.
Cucumber juice alone with turmeric powder can also do miracles for the same problem.
Malic acid present in potatoes is a great bleaching item. It does not irritate your skin like a strong bleaching product but is really mild in its usage. Because of this property, potatoes extract can even be applied to most sensitive skins without any harm or fear.
- Cut a thin slice of potato and rub it on your underarms for 5 to 10 minutes before washing it with lukewarm water.
- Squeeze the juice by grating potatoes and then use that juice by applying it to your underarm with the help of cotton or pat the juice with your fingers. Leave it to dry for almost 30 minutes and rinse with warm water to get rid of dark armpits.
Use these remedies twice a day to get the required result fast within days.
To exfoliate the dead skin cells, certain natural scrubs are really helpful to try. Some of them are as followed;
7. Baking Soda
Deposition of dead cells is one of the main causes of darkening the underarms. Scrubbing your armpits with baking soda will help in removing the dead cells as well as in unclogging the pores. Scrubbing your armpits with baking soda will lighten the skin tone and leave it odor free.
- Make a thick paste of two tablespoons of baking soda with a few drops of water. Rub this paste in a circular motion to your armpits. Scrub it gently over the dark armpits for a few minutes and then wash it off. You can also add rose water (which acts as a natural tonner) to it instead of tap water.
- If you do not have enough time for a long procedure, you can simply mix baking soda with water and wipe your armpits with this mixture.
Using these remedies regularly or 3 to 4 times per week will lighten your underarms.
“Home remedies will surely need some time and patience to get rid of the dark armpits. For desiring a glowing skin, these natural remedies are best to use and are natural cures for dark underarms without any side effects.”
Orange like lemon is a citrus having enough properties of bleaching and exfoliating the dead cells. It can be used in making your own underarm scrub. Her you’ll learn how to get rid of dark underarms using this effective orange remedy.
- First of all take orange peels and dry them completely in the sun. Now grind the peels to powder. Take powdered peel and mix it well with a few drops of milk and tap water/rose water. Rub your underarm with this paste for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it with warm water.
This scrub will remove the unwanted dead cells and will naturally lighten the dark color. Also it will relieve you of the stinky smell with its sweet fruity fragrance of orange and rose water.
5. Sugar Granules
- Add olive oil to sugar granules/crystals, rub it gently to the wet skin of underarms for a minute or two while taking a bath and then rinse.
- Take a lemon juice and add crystal sugar to it. Rub on the underarms and leave to dry. After drying, wet your finger tips and thoroughly rub the affected area for a minute or so. Wash it down with cold water and pat dry. This is particularly useful to treat the dark underarm that you got as a result of shaving your armpit.
You can also add honey and powdered nuts of your choice to this paste to cure dark armpits.
Although saffron is a little expensive but is an excellent item for whitening underarms. It also kills the germs and bacteria that give a pungent and stinky smell to the armpits, thus leaving you with an aroma so that you will stop using deodorants.
- The recipe for this scrub is that, blend a few strands of saffron with a little milk and apply it to the affected area. Leave it overnight or for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash off with tap water.
To reap maximum benefits of milk rinse it in the morning to get rid of dark armpits.
Milk, as it contains vitamins and fatty acids, is a good skin whitening agent. It further increases its whitening action by adding curd or yogurt to it. Using un-boiled fresh goat milk or full milk cream enhances the glow and even the skin-tone.
- 2 tablespoons of milk is mixed with 1 tablespoon of yogurt or curd (enriched with lactic acid properties) and 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour and a paste is formed. It is then applied to the affected area and rubbed in circular motions i.e. clock wise and anti-clock wise with finger tips, for 20 minutes- and then washed with clean water after 20 minutes. This recipe is impeccable for removing the darkness of underarms.
Take equal amount of milk and honey. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and few drops of lemon juice with gram flour to make a paste. Cover the affected area with this paste and allow it to dry. In the end swab it off with cold water and dry with a clean towel.
Vinegar is known best for its cleansing properties which act good in killing the germs and bacteria effectively. Vinegar, regardless of its many other useful properties, can also be used as a good skin lightening product. A recipe is presented for those who want to know how to get rid of dark underarms and are facing problems with their dark armpits.
- Add vinegar to rice flour and make a paste. Apply the paste to underarms and wash with warm water after 15 minutes.
It helps in the restoration of natural skin color and as well as gives a fresh smell.
1. Coconut Oil
- Massage your skin daily with coconut oil for 10 to 15 minutes before a shower. After massage take a bath with a mild soap and lukewarm water.
Vitamin E present in coconut oil helps to lighten the dark skin and is a natural deodorant. So if someone asks you to suggest how to get rid of dark underarms, just suggest this coconut oil treatment.
Do’s And Do Not’s
Above were some of the natural remedies to cure the dark underarms and all of them are very effective, if followed regularly. These remedies will certainly help you to get your skin white. But, we have always known that prevention is better than cure, therefore we must try to protect ourselves from the damage-as we ourselves are the trouble makers. Following are some of the preventive measures to this dreadful problem.
- Avoid using deodorants that contain strong antiperspirant chemicals which adversely affect our skin and decolorizes its natural tone.
- Do not shave your armpits as it leaves the hair under your skin that seems dark and also with the passage of time your skin becomes rough and dull. Instead of shaving, remove the hair via wax. Waxing removes the hair from its roots leaving the skin clean and light.
- Get rid of the harsh creams loaded with chemicals for the removal of hair.
- Do not opt for electrolysis with which you might be at a high risk of hyper pigmentation, resulting in darkening the skin.
- Take a shower daily especially during summers to avoid sweat stink and growth of germs and bacteria that darken the underarms.
- Do not use close-fitted and synthetic clothes as it traps the heat. Use skin friendly clothes like cotton to help your skin in proper ventilation.