The modern world associates facial hair with manliness. It is not regarded beautiful in our society, it is deemed unattractive.
Unwanted facial hair can be the source of a lot of embarrassment for young girls, and can cause low self-esteem. Every woman wants smooth, clear and hairless skin; this can be achieved by various hair removal methods such as shaving and plucking. These methods offer only a temporary solution. You should resort to home remedies if you want to be hairless permanently. Home remedies do take some time, but they provide amazing results with no side effects.
“Are you embarrassed by the unwanted hair on your face? Use easy and effective home remedies to rid yourself of this little problem.”
Sugaring is an effective way to remove facial hair. Sugaring is somewhat similar to waxing, but it causes less pain. In sugaring, the wax is applied against the direction of hair growth and is pulled in the opposite direction. This facial hair removal method does not irritate the skin or cause dryness.
- Heat a quarter cup of water.
- Add 2 cups of sugar to the water along with a quarter cup of lemon juice.
- Keep on heating the mixture until the bubbles start to appear.
- Turn the heat on medium for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat when the mixture develops a dark color.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Apply a thin layer of this sugar wax on your face against the direction of hair growth.
- Place a cotton strip over the wax and rub it.
- Quickly pull the cotton strip in the opposite direction.
- Wash your face using lukewarm water.
14. Chickpea Flour
Chickpea flour is widely available in the market. It is used to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells along with unwanted hair. Many South East Asians use chickpea flour to get rid of the unwanted hair on their face. Learn how to get rid of facial hair using chickpea flour here:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour with 1 quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Next, add enough milk so that it forms a thick paste.
- Mix the three ingredients well.
- Apply the thick paste on your skin using clean fingers.
- Let the paste sit on your skin for 15 minutes.
- Use your fingers or a wet washcloth to gently scrub your skin.
- Rinse with cold water.
Repeat this process twice every week for best results.
Potatoes have bleach-like properties; they are used to treat discoloration and pigmentation. Combine potatoes with yellow lentils to lighten the appearance and to some extent remove your unwanted facial hair. Here is how to get rid of facial hair with this potato remedy.
- Soak yellow lentil in water overnight.
- Strain the lentil and grind it to form a paste.
- Extract the juice from a crushed potato and add it to the paste.
- Mix in some lemon juice.
- Stir well and apply this paste on your skin.
- Leave it on your face for 20 minutes.
- Use your fingers to gently rub the dried lentil paste on your skin; this will pull out the hair.
- Wash your face with cold water to complete this amazing facial hair removal remedy.
12. Homemade Wax
Making wax at home is very beneficial for your skin. You can control the amount of ingredients you put into it and it is also a very cost friendly facial hair removal reemdy.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of sugar with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of water and heat the mixture on the stove.
- Remove from heat when the mixture develops a dark color and bubbles start to appear.
- Wait until it is sufficiently cool.
- Use a spatula or the back of an old spoon to apply this wax on your skin.
- Apply it in the direction of the hair growth and place a cotton strip over it.
- Pull in the opposite direction.
- Rinse your face with water.
This home remedy is widely used in India to remove facial hair. It requires only basic ingredients than can be found in any household. To use this facial hair removal remedy, you have to follow these:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder with 2 tablespoon of milk.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour.
- Mix them together until a thick paste is formed.
- Use clean fingers to apply this thick paste over your skin.
- Rub this paste in circular motions.
- Leave it on the skin for some time.
- Rinse with cold water when the paste has dried.
Continuous application of this home remedy will help you solve your facial hair problem.
10. Gram Flour
Gram flour can be used to treat unwanted facial hair.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon; you will need at least 2 tablespoons.
- Add 6 tablespoons of gram flour to the lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Apply this paste on your face and wait 10 minutes.
- Start scrubbing your face using circular motions.
- Wash with water
“No woman wants a hairy face. Use easy and quick home remedies to get rid of the unwanted facial hair. Your skin will feel smooth and clean afterwards.”
9. Sugar And Lemon
Sugar is used as a natural exfoliator; it helps clear the skin by removing the dead skin cells. Lemon works to brighten the skin, it also helps remove dirt and oil. These two ingredients when combined together form the perfect home remedy used to remove facial hair. Here you’ll learn how to get rid of facial hair using sugar and lemon.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl with little quantity of water.
- Squeeze in the juice of a lemon.
- Mix until well combined.
- Apply this sugar and lemon mixture on your face.
- Let it sit on the skin for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water.
The lemon juice might irritate your skin.
Quick links = Benefits of lemon water
Oatmeal is a wonderful ingredient for the skin; it is used as a natural exfoliator as it helps remove the dead skin cells. It also helps clear skin allergies and other skin related problems. Use this remedy if you want to know how to get rid of facial hair easily.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of honey to form a paste.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to the paste.
- Let the paste sit on your skin for 15 minutes.
- Use clean fingers to massage this paste on your skin against the direction of hair growth.
- Wash your face with warm water.
Continuous application of an oatmeal scrub can help you achieve clear and smooth skin.
7. Make An Egg Mask
Eggs are present in every household; it is a very basic ingredient. This mask peels off the skin when it’s dry, pulling unwanted hair along with it. You can use this facial hair removal technique following way:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar and half tablespoon of corn flour.
- Add in the egg white to form a mask.
- Mix well and apply this mask on your face.
- Wait until it has dried completely.
- Gently peel off the mask and rinse your face with lukewarm water.
6. Spearmint Tea
Hormonal imbalance can be the cause of excessive hair growth on your face. Spearmint tea helps regulate your hormone levels.
- Boil a cup of water on the stove.
- Use 4 to 5 fresh spearmint leaves to form the tea.
- Cover the lid and let the tea steep.
- Drink your tea warm.
Papaya does not help in facial hair removal; instead it bleaches the hair and lightens the color. This makes the facial hair unnoticeable.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of milk with the pulp of a papaya.
- Apply this paste on your face.
- Gently massage it in your face and wash after 15 minutes.
4. Lavender Oil
Essential oils can help in hair removal. Use a mixture of lavender oil and tea tree oil to get rid of your facial hair.
- Add few drops of tea tree oil in 1 teaspoon of lavender oil.
- Apply this oil mixture on your face.
- Use this method regularly for three months to see changes.
3. Alum And Rose Water
Alum and rose water is another effective home remedy used by many women.
Do not use this method for facial hair removal if you have sensitive skin.
- Add half a teaspoon of powdered alum to 2 to 3 tablespoons of rose water.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this mixture on different areas of your skin.
- Wait until it is dry and repeat the process.
- Keep repeating this procedure for 15 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water.
- Apply olive oil to your skin afterwards.
Continue this application every day for a few weeks to get rid of unwanted hair.
2. Gelatin Mask
Gelatin forms a sticky peel off mask, which effectively removes facial hair. It is also good for removing blackheads and dead skin cells. This mask can also get rid of the blackheads present in the nose area. Use a microwave safe container or bowl to make this mask. Here you’ll learn how to get rid of facial hair using this amazing mask.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of gelatin with 2 or 3 tablespoons of milk.
- Add a teaspoon of either lavender oil or lemon juice.
- Mix well and form a paste.
- Microwave this paste for 10 to 15 seconds.
- The paste will now be a little runny.
- Apply the paste over the unwanted facial hair.
- You can use a brush or clean fingers.
- Peel off the mask when it has dried completely.
This method does cause a little pain. Spread the paste thinly and evenly on your face.
Hormonal imbalance can be the cause of unwanted facial hair in many cases, especially for woman reaching maturity and those experiencing menopause. The hormone ‘estrogen’ is the primary cause of unwanted hair growth. Consume food that contains phyloestrogens; they have almost the same functions as of estrogen and therefore prevent hormonal imbalance in individuals.
Fennel, soybeans, sunflower seeds and almonds are good examples of foods that contain the compound phyloestrogen. So make sure to eat healthy foods and avoid junk and unhealthy ones before applying any facial hair removal remedy.
- Clean your face before any application.
- Use sugar and different flours for removal of facial hair.
- Consult your doctor if any of these methods cause irritation.
- Consume food that contains phyloestrogens.
- Use tea tree oil and lavender oil.
- Use soft and gentle motions to massage your face.
- Don’t be rough on your skin.
- Don’t use these methods if you have sensitive skin or allergies.
- Don’t use dirty fingers or cotton balls.
- Don’t use hard and rough motions to massage your face.
- Don’t use hot wax on your skin.