Basically, tinea cruris also known as jock itch affects the skin of the body with the fungus that usually produces some kind of the round spots of the classic ring worms. This kind of fungal infection affects the buttocks, inner thighs and the genitals most of the times. Tinea cruris also affects the nails and the scalps some of the times as it is more like a disease affecting different parts of the body. In other words, tinea cruris is also known as ringworm. However, tinea cruris can be treated with the help of the anti fungal creams as well as there are so many home remedies that has been helping in curing the infection of the tinea cruris. Commonly, this kind of fungus attacks the children and this is the reason why this infection is more likely to be found among the children of different age group. The condition of the tinea cruris is not much harmful unless or until it affects the scalp as there are different kind of ring worms that attack different parts of the body. There are a lot of home remedies that can be used for the treatment of tinea cruris, but the best and the most effective home remedies for tinea cruris are:
“The tinea cruris is a very irritating infection that should be treated with the home remedies on time.”
12. Tea Tree Oil
So many people are familiar with the fact that tea tree oil has the natural properties of anti fungal that can be used for the treatment of different kind of fungal infections, tinea cruris especially. The tea tree oil has actually got the very strong antibacterial properties that can help in providing instant relief from itching as well as inflammation whenever it is applied to the infected area. This is really an amazing jock itch cure, you’ll find. The tinea cruris can be treated by the tea tree oil by following this simple DIY recipe:
- Take a cotton ball and put a few drops of the tea tree oil on that cotton ball.
- People having the sensitive skin should always dilute the tea tree oil with the vitamin E oil, coconut oil or any other kind of vegetable oil. This is good for the people having the sensitive skin.
- Gentle press the cotton ball with the tea tree oil on the affected area of the body.
- After the application, always allow the oil to dry by its own.
- Follow this process regularly twice for a week or so until all of the symptoms of tinea cruris are disappeared.
Salt is another one of the best home remedies for the treatment of tinea cruris. Bathing in the tub of salt is actually one of the cheapest yet the easiest ways for the cure of the infection of tinea cruris. People are familiar with the properties of salt that it always help in speeding up the healing process of the infections as well as it amazingly controls the growth of the fungus as well that is the actual cause of that infection. For the treatment of the tinea cruris using salt:
- Always fill the bath tub with lukewarm water.
- In the lukewarm water, add two cups of the regular used table salt and then stir it thoroughly.
- Get in the bath tub and soak in this warm solution for more than half an hour.
- For the best results, repeat this tinea cruris treatment twice a day for at least one month until the infection is gone properly.
10 . Garlic
Garlic is known best as having the most effective anti fungal properties that can actually treat the tinea cruris very effectively. Using garlic for the treatment of tinea cruris can help amazingly in preventing further spreading of tinea cruris on other parts of the body as well as the anti fungal properties of garlic also helps in curing the itching and the inflammation of the infection. Follow these steps to use garlic as an effective tinea cruris treatment:
- Put four to five of the cloves of garlic in the blender with one tsp of olive oil. Blend the mixture until a smooth paste is made out of it. Spread this mixture on the affected areas of the body. This home remedy should be followed twice or thrice a day until all of the infection is cured.
- Garlic can be also used by mixing two to three cloves of garlic in crushed form with one tsp of honey. Apply this mixture on all the infected area of tinea cruris and then let it dry by its own. When the mixture is dried, wash it with using the normal water. Use this procedure for a few days twice a day for getting better results.
- The paste of the garlic can also be mixed with white vinegar and the tea tree oil and let the mixture sit for day. Apply this prepared mixture on the infected parts of the body and follow this for a few days for the best results.
- The consumption of the fresh garlic or its supplement is also great for the fast healing of the infection of tinea cruris.
9 . Onion
All the properties of anti fungus, anti inflammation and antiseptic are present in onion that all together helps in curing the itching of the fungus of tinea cruris on the infected parts of the bodies. This is the reason why people suffering from tinea cruris are suggested to use onions.
- Make a paste of the medium sized onion by putting it in the grinder.
- After making the paste, apply this on all of the infected areas of the body.
- After applying it, let it sit on the infection for half an hour.
- After half hour, rinse the infected area with lukewarm water and then pat dry that area.
- Follow the procedure once daily until the condition of the infection is improved and jock itch is healed.
8. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac that is so much popular among the people by the name of neem is another one of the best home remedies for the treatment of tinea cruris. Indian lilac is the best natural remedy for the treatment of many kinds of skin problems, especially the tinea cruris as it has the natural anti fungal properties that help best in the elimination of the fungus that is the root cause of the tinea cruris. You can use this amazing jock itch cure this way:
- Grind the neem leaves along with the turmeric root in the grinder for making a paste. Apply this paste carefully on all of the infected parts of the body. Allow the application to dry by its own and then rinse it with the lukewarm water and pat dry.
- The pure neem oil can also be applied on the infected areas of the body and massage gently until or unless the oil penetrates in the skin deeply. After a few minutes of the application of the oil, take a bath. Follow the procedure for a few days until the infection is gone properly.
“This infection of tinea cruris can be really very harmful when it reaches the scalp.”
Listerine can also be used for the treatment of the infection of tinea cruris. It has the best properties of antiseptic that helps best for reducing the inflammation and the itching of the jock itch infection. Moreover, the alcohol present in Listerine also helps in killing the fungus that becomes a cause of the infection of tinea cruris.
Quick link = How to get rid of toenail fungus
- Put a small amount of Listerine in a small bowl.
- Soak the cotton balls in the Listerine and then apply them on the infected areas of the body.
- Allow the Listerine to dry by its own.
- Repeat this procedure every three times a day until the infection of tinea cruris is treated completely.
6. Coconut Oil
Another one of the best home remedies for the treatment of tinea cruris is the use of coconut oil. The coconut oil has naturally got the anti fungal as well as the antimicrobial properties that amazingly help in the killing of the fungus of tinea cruris. Make sure to use this jock itch cure regularly for quick healing.
- With the help of the cotton balls, apply the pure coconut oil on the infected areas of the body two to three times a day until some improvement is noticed.
- As an alternate, the coconut oil can also be mixed with some amount of the oregano oil and with the help of the cotton balls apply the mixture on the infection of tinea cruris.
5. Baking Soda
With the help of the baking soda, the infection of the tinea cruris can also be cured with some time. The use of baking soda always helps in reducing the moisture in the infected areas that helps in the elimination of the fungus. Moreover, it helps in neutralizing the pH level of the skin that is really very important for the recovery of the body. You can use this effective tinea cruris treatment this way:
- Add one cup of the baking soda with two cups of Epsom salt and the sea salt in the bath tub and stir in thoroughly.
- The water should always be lukewarm.
- Soak in the bath tub for half an hour.
- After that take the simple shower and then wash all of the infected areas with the help of the antibacterial soap.
- Repeat this for a month at least until the infection is gone.
4. Olive Leaf
Olive leaf is known as one of the best herb for the treatment of tinea cruris as it contain the anti fungal properties that helps in killing all the fungus creating the tinea cruris on the body. To use this as an amazing jock itch cure, follow these:
- Grind some olive leaves into a paste.
- With the help of the cotton balls, apply the paste directly on the infected areas.
- Leave it on the infection for half hour.
- Rinse with the help of lukewarm water and pat dry.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has unbelievable health qualities. Curing the tinea cruris with the help of apple cider vinegar can be really very effective. The acidic properties present in the apple cider vinegar helps in killing the fungus as well as it stops the infection to further spread on other parts of the body.
- With the help of half cup of the apple cider vinegar mixed in two cups of water, make a solution. Wash all of the infected areas with the help of some antibacterial soap and then with the help of the clean washcloth, apply the solution on the infected areas of the body. Allow it to dry and then clean it.
- The solution of the apple cider vinegar and water can also be sprayed on the infected areas of the body to get rid of jock itch.
“If none of the home remedies work, then consulting the doctor is the only option.”
2. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is another one of the most amazing remedies for the treatment of tinea cruris. This is best for the reduction of itching on the infection of the tinea cruris. Make sure to use this amazing tinea cruris treatment for quick effect.
- Put some jojoba oil in a bowl.
- With the help of the cotton balls apply it on the infected areas.
- Let it dry.
- Rinse with the help of water and pat dry.
Turmeric is the natural remedy for getting rid of the tinea cruris in a week or so. It has the healing properties that help in curing the infection and preventing jock itch from spreading on different parts of the body.
Quick link = Turmeric health benefits
- Mix turmeric with water and make a paste out of it.
- Apply the paste on the infected parts.
- Let it dry completely.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Wear clean cotton clothes when having the infection of tinea cruris.
- Keep the infected areas clean and bath twice a day.
- Consult a doctor when the condition gets worse.
- Itch the infected areas of the body suffering from tinea cruris.
- Wear the clothes without washing them.
- Contact physically with the people suffering from tinea cruris infection.