Pyorrhea is a condition in which bacteria attacks the gums in specific. This infection leads to the pus formation. Due to pus, the gums swell up and in chronic conditions the gums bleed. This bacteria usually grows when the food particles are not removed properly. These food particles give birth to certain bacteria. The Presence of the bacteria converts the food particles into sugar products. This sugar destroys the gums and give rises to a situation which is called as pyorrhea or periodontal disease. This condition is very painful. If it persists it leads to the loss of teeth. Apart, from the bacteria if you use the toothpick improperly it will result in bleeding. However an external injury to teeth and gum are the most common causes of pyorrhea. Pyorrhea is such a dangerous condition that it damages the roots that will prevent the teeth from growing again. In pyorrhea, the gums are filled with pus. In chronic cases pyorrhea leads to mouth or gum ulcers which then becomes difficult to treat? So it is important to stop pyorrhea in the first place. Mentioned below are fifteen easy and simple remedies that will cure pyorrhea and alleviates pain and inflammation. These remedies will stop the bleeding from gums even.
Apart from adding taste to your food salt has also some magical properties like it is effective against bacteria. So, the bacteria which are responsible for pyorrhea or periodontitis are killed by the usage of salt home remedy. This is the simple home remedy which can be used on daily basis because it does not cause any harm or damage to the gums rather it will help in treating the disease in a short time span.
- Add a pinch of salt in Luke warm water. Now do gargles with it without swallowing it.
- Add salt in any oil; now apply this paste over the affected area.
Turmeric is known for its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which makes it one of the best periodontal disease treatment. Turmeric has been used in many ayurvedic medicines as it is use to provide strength. One of the major roles of turmeric is to heal the internal wounds. Usage of turmeric in food is very beneficial as it helps to enhance or boost the immune system. In case of pyorrhea turmeric is also very beneficial as it facilitates the healing and helps to lessen the inflammation. So here is the perfect DIY solution using turmeric.
Quick link = Turmeric benefits
- Apply turmeric powder on gums and then brush it.
- Another method is to make a thick paste of turmeric with water. Now apply this paste on the gums before sleeping and wash it the next morning.
Apart from having a delicious taste and eaten as a fruit it has some wonderful properties. Guava is used to treat cough, it is also effective against plague. Guava contains Vitamin-C, which is why it is used in the treatment of periodontitis. It removes the plague that gathers on the gums and the teeth. Guava is also useful in reducing the inflammation and it is also ingested as an analgesic.
- The leaves are rich in Vitamin-C. So the leaves are chewed properly and then they should be thrown. Do not ingest the leaves. This will stop the blood coming out from the gums.
- Eating a guava by sprinkling salt on it. It is another method to treat periodontitis or pyorrhea.
Lettuce contains a number of anti-oxidants.It is a powerful vegetable that treats the diseases related to mouth and gums. It contains a number of useful constituents that will heal the pyorrhea and bleeding gums. It is always said to add lettuce in your salads. The only reason behind this fact is to prevent certain disease progression. Lettuce cures pyorrhea and all kinds of gum diseases.
- Raw lettuce leaves should be washed properly. Then they should be eaten before every food.
11. Cayenne Pepper
Pepper has frequently been in use to treat dental problems. Pepper is also used to treat problems related to throat like cough. Doctors always suggest adding pepper in your food items. This pepper Is also rich in vitamin-C. Cayenne peppers reduce the pain and alleviate the inflammatory which makes it a perfect remedy for periodontal disease. It specifically reduces the inflammation that occurs as a result of pyorrhea.
- Add the oil of cayenne pepper in your toothpaste.
- Now brush it gently.
- Wash your mouth properly.
- Repeat this twice a day for better and efficient results.
Bleeding from gums is the most common effect of pyorrhea. So to treat this bleeding gum disease, holy basil is used. It has anti-bacterial property so it can kill the bacteria residing in your mouth. It is also very effective against tooth pain and mouth ulcers. In some areas like China and Japan it is considered as a sacred herb which treats every problem. It is an effective herb which treat pyorrhea in a short time span.
- Powdered basil is easily available in the market. Now add this powder in your toothpaste. Gently brush your teeth. Repeat it twice a day.
- Add few basil leaves in water and make an infusion of it. By drinking this will relieve the pyorrhea.
9. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is another amazing periodontal disease treatment. Tea tree oil is very beneficial whether it is related to skin problems or mouth problems. Tea tree oil is antiseptic in nature. It kills and removes the bacteria from the surfaces on which it is applied. It is also effective against herpes virus. There are numerous benefits of this oil. One of the major uses of this oil is in the treatment and cure of pyorrhea. There are two methods through which this oil is used.
- It is used in the form of gel. The gel is applied on the tooth brush and then applied on the gums. Repeat this twice a day.
- Add tea tree oil in your toothpaste and brush your teeth regularly with this mixture of toothpaste and tea tree oil.
8. Black Pepper
Black pepper is used in traditional medicine system for the treatment of pyorrhea. It removes tartar accumulated on the teeth. Pepper has anti-bacterial properties too. It provides strength to the gums. Apart from these functions, pepper is also useful against the bacterial infections that occur inside the mouth. Here how you can use it as an effective periodontal disease treatment.
- Crush black pepper and add salt in it. Now rub this mixture over the gums. Repeat it two times a day.
- Ground pepper and pomegranate seeds and add salt into this mixture. Now rub this on the gums. This technique should be applied only before going to bed.
- Repeat this technique for at least a week.
7. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is easily available in the market. It is available in different grades depending upon the severity of the usage. For pyorrhea Aka periodontitis, grade three of hydrogen peroxide should be used. Hydrogen peroxide is also used to whiten the teeth as it removes the dirt and debris from the teeth surface. Hydrogen peroxide does not remove the enamel. Hydrogen peroxide should not be used alone.
- Mi x equal quantities of hydrogen peroxide and water. Use this mixture to rinse your mouth. Be careful while doing it and it should not be swallowed.
- Take half teaspoon of baking soda. Now add hydrogen peroxide in it to make a thick paste. Now apply this paste on the gums. Use of hydrogen peroxide daily should be avoided.
Lemon is rich in vitamin. This fruit is effective in treating the throat and gum issues. Lemon is also helpful in removing the plague and tartar from the teeth. This also makes the teeth germ free by killing all the bacteria living inside the mouth. Lemon Is a best remedy for periodontitis. It also cures the swelling and stops the bleeding from the gums. There are several ways that lemon can be used for pyorrhea. Try this simple one to cure periodontal disease.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Apply the lemon directly on the teeth and gums.
- Add few lemons drops in salt. Now make a thick paste. Apply the paste on the gums to treat pyorrhea. At first it will hurt but later on it will not be painful.
If you’re suffering from gum disease papaya will provide you instant relief. Papaya is a wonder fruit. It has shown wonders in the treatment of hair fall and dandruff. Not only is this by papaya is also very beneficial for bleeding gums, toothaches, and pyorrhea. One thing that should be kept in mind that raw papaya is rich in vitamin-C that is useful in the treatment of pyorrhea. Once it has ripened it will lose the content of vitamin-C and it will be useless to use it after wards.
- Smash the pulp of papaya and apply it on the swollen gums. This will treat the pyorrhea.
- Chew raw papaya. By doing so the bleeding will stop and the swelling will be cured even.
Cinnamon is a delicious condiment. It enhances the taste of the food items. It contains mannitol which is use to control blood pressure. This spice should be used in your food items in excess. Cinnamon is useful in treating the pus. It kills the bacteria that are responsible for pyorrhea. It cleanses your mouth and removes the food debris from between the teeth which make it an amazing periodontal disease treatment.
Quick link = Benefits of cinnamon
- Crush cinnamon bark. Now make a thick paste by adding two to three drops of water in the crushed cinnamon. Now apply this paste on the gums.
- Add cinnamon powder in tea tree oil. Apply this on the pyorrhea. This will relieve the pain and cure pyorrhea.
Eucalyptus contains eugenol which has antiseptic properties. Apart from this it has anti-bacterial properties too that is why eucalyptus is used in many types of toothpaste. Eucalyptus provides a cool sensation that is why it is recommended in pyorrhea. It relieves the swelling and redness. Eucalyptus is available in the form of oil in the market. Eucalyptus has a very strong smell but it is pleasant in taste. Here is how you can use it to get rid of periodontal disease.
- Eucalyptus oil is applied directly on the gums. It will pinch at first but later the sensation will disappear. One thing should be kept in mind that concentrated eucalyptus oil should be used instead of diluted one.
2. Spinach And Carrot Juice
Both the vegetables are extremely beneficial. They have a lot of health benefits. Spinach is rich in iron and carrot is useful for production of blood in your body. The usage of these two vegetable in your meal enhances the quality of your life. Both the vegetable should not be used separately in the treatment of pyorrhea or periodontitis. Rather, they should be used in combination to exert the powerful action.
- Take spinach leaves and carrot.
- Blend them in a blender or ground them in mortar and pestle.
- Add a bit of water to make a shake.
- Now pass it through the sieve.
- Now drink the juice. The juice should be ingested twice a day for better results.
1. Mustard Oil
Mustard oil has several functions like it is effective against bacteria, virus, and fungus. So it is useful in infections caused by these three organisms. It is used in many infections related to skin and mouth. One of its major uses is in pyorrhea, as it kills the bacteria responsible for pyorrhea. Try this simple method to get rid of this annoying gum disease.
- Mustard oil should be applied on the gums only after brushing the teeth.
- Add salt in mustard oil and apply it on the gums with tooth brush.
- Repeat it every night before going to bed.
Following things should be done
- Brush teeth gently.
- Rinse your mouth with water after every meal
- Drink a lot of water
- Eat citrus fruits.
- Gargle with salt water two times a day.
- Maintain the hygiene
- Use dental floss before going to bed.
- Do not eat raw sugar.
- Avoid cold water.
- Avoid smoking