Ovarian cysts develop in the ovaries of a woman. This is a serious matter. It may not allow you to enjoy the beauties of life. You might not be able to conceive because of those cysts. It is the dream of every girl that she conceives a baby after she gets married. Cysts can only be diagnosed in an ultra sound scan. You can see for symptoms of ovarian cysts:
- If you have a constant or timely pelvic pain
- If you experience irregular menstruation
- If you experience pelvic pain during intercourse
- If you experience pressure on your bowels
- If you experience nausea, and breast tenderness as it is during pregnancy
- Fullness or heaviness in the abdomen
- Pressure on rectum and bladder, that makes you a need to urinate again and again
If you experience any of these problems, go for an ultrasound scan immediately and do not delay. Ovarian cysts if not treated on time may grow and develop into cancer which can be life threatening.
There are certain home remedies which you can try if your cyst is small. These remedies have worked for many women and the cysts have vanished as they were never there before.
13. Ginger Juice
Ginger juice has anti-inflammatory properties and it heals the joints. It is found really effective in healing ovarian cyst. It reduces and with the passage of time completely finishes the inflammation in the body. Tiny cysts may finish completely with the ginger juice.
Quick link = Ginger benefits
12. Drink Fluids
Increase fluid intake. This will help your body to get rid of the toxins and harmful substances of the body. This may dissolve the cysts and you will have healthy ovaries in less than three months.
Water and fluid intake will reduce swelling in the ovaries. This will also ease the ovarian cyst pain and will make you more healthy and active. Avoid caffeinated beverages, tea and coffee. Increase fluid intake by fresh juices and coconut water or simple lemon water.
Seek immediate medical consultancy if you experience sharp pain in the pelvis or spotting or bleeding, as this may be a sign of cyst rupture etcetera.
11. Cinnamon Powder
Cinnamon also has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to relieve the abdominal and pelvic pain.
Quick link = Health benefits of cinnamon
- Add a dash of cinnamon into a glass of water.
- Drink this on an empty stomach in the morning.
- You can also take cinnamon in the form of cinnamon tea.
- Add a stick of cinnamon in boiling water.
- Let it steep for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drink it when it is still warm in the morning on an empty stomach to ease ovarian cyst symptoms.
“Ovarian cysts can be fatal if not treated properly. Home treatments can be effective, but may work for some and not others. It is better to consult a doctor if your condition is not improving with these remedies.”
10. Castor Oil Pack
Castor oil pack is used for treating inflammation and it dissolves any cysts or obstructions in the body.
- Put old clothes on.
- Take a piece of flannel or bandage or a simple cloth which absorbs liquids.
- Put that in a glass container.
- Put castor oil on that piece of cloth or flannel.
- Get a hot water bottle near you.
- Lie on your back straight.
- Put the flannel or cloth on your pelvic area.
- Wrap it with a plastic sheet. Wrap it a bit tighter so that the cloth may not dislocate.
- Put the hot water bottle or the heating pad on the plastic sheet.
- Remain in this position for 30 to 40 minutes.
- After you have kept the pack on your pelvic area for about 30 minutes, remove the pack and clean it with another clean cloth.
- Do not go under the fan after this castor oil pack treatment for at least half an hour.
- Repeat this pack procedure every day at the same time of the day to get rid of ovarian cyst.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is another very effective and proven remedy against cysts. It reduces inflammation and dissolves cysts to a great extent. Even the larger ones can be eradicated by the use of apple Cider Vinegar.
- Take one table spoon of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Mix it in a glass of water.
- Consume this mixture the first thing in the morning for forty days.
- Drink lots of water when doing this remedy to further ease ovarian cyst symptoms.
- Do not over do this remedy as this may cause acidity.
8. Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Foods containing Omega 3 Fatty acids are very helpful when treating diseases like ovarian cyst.
Salmon fish, Dark green vegetables, Almonds and Nuts are necessary for the proper body functioning. They ensure that proper hormones are released at proper timings from the body and they also reduce inflammation and pain.
7. Flax Seeds Or Flax Seed Oil
Flaxseeds are known to dissolve the cysts. They also contain Omega 3 Fatty acids. Consult your doctor before taking flaxseeds if you are pregnant. Grind the flaxseeds in a grinder. Add grounded flaxseeds in a glass of warm water. Consume this water every morning till you feel improvement in your condition. It is also very effective in easing ovarian cyst pain.
6. Epsom Salt Bath
Epsom Salts are very beneficial is getting rid of toxins from the body. They also help in inflammation and reduce bloating. They can ease the pain and cure inflammation and provide comfort during the ovarian cyst pain.
Pour warm water in a tub. Add two to three table spoon of Epsom salt to the tub. Sit in the tub till the water cools down. You will find great relief from the pain and inflammation in your pelvic area.
5. Chamomile Tea
Herbal teas have always been very effective in treating body ailments. Chamomile tea is very effective in treating ovarian cysts. It eases the pain in the pelvic area. It also ensures good blood flow in the body in the pelvic area, which makes the menstruation regular. Chamomile tea has a gentle sedative effect which relieves you of any pains which you might be experiencing because of the ovarian cysts.
- Mix two tablespoons of dried chamomile in a cup of hot water
- Cover and let it steep for three minutes.
- Add one tablespoon of honey.
- Drink it the first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and before going to bed.
- Drink two cups of chamomile tea to decrease ovarian cyst symptoms or until you get rid of the cysts.
Beetroot helps to improve the functioning of the liver. The liver eradicates the toxins from the body. Beetroot is alkaline in nature and it helps to reduce the acidity of the body. So make sure to use it in your meals to get rid of ovarian cyst problem.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera Gel is used treat ovarian cysts. Peel the Aloe Vera leaf and extract the gel from the leaf. Massage your pelvic area with aloe Vera gel and let it stay on the skin till half an hour. On alternate days, take one table spoon of the gel and mix it in water. Add lemon juice to the water; drink this juice on alternative days to get rid of ovarian cysts and ease ovarian cyst pain.
2. Heating Pads
Heating pads ensure the proper blood flow to the pelvic area. Turn the heat on and keep the pad on the skin for half an hour. The proper blood flow will help to dissolve the cyst and regulate the monthly menstruation. This treatment is very effective in decreasing ovarian cyst symptoms easily.
1. Yoga Exercise
There are certain yoga poses which help to eradicate the ovarian cysts. They also provide ease in the pain and inflammation related to ovarian cyst.
- Stand straight with your legs closed and feet matched to each other.
- Try touching your feet while standing.
- Lay on your back. Pull your knees and legs towards yourself and bend your knees so that they touch the chest.
- Make a box from your legs. Put your arms underneath the legs.
- Touch the floor with your chin.
There are certain breathing techniques in yoga as well which help in treating the ovarian cysts.
- Do a remedy for at least 30 days to see the results.
- If an ultrasonologist tells you to take medicine for your cyst, or suggests you a surgery, go for it. If you want to try home remedies in that case, they are not recommended as it may threaten your life.
- Do not take above the prescribed doses anything that is mentioned in this article.
- Do not rely on home remedies if your pain is getting sharper and you are experiencing any spotting or bleeding. This may be a cause of rupturing of the cyst and it might be fatal if too much blood is lost.
- Do not take Apple Cider Vinegar if you have acidity problems.
“Ovarian cysts are growths in the ovaries. They can make a woman infertile and be very threatening to her health. Timely treatments are necessary in this case.”