- Growing nails can be a time taking process that requires some patience.
- Our nails and hair are made up of a protein, Keratin. The white area of the nail (the one that breaks easily, gets brittle, softens and loses shine) is actually the older cells which are being pushed forward by the newer cells.
- The simple science behind growing nails is that if you want to grow them faster, you need to increase the cell formation so that the new ones are formed faster and push the older ones forward.
- In order to make sure that the nail will be healthy, shiny and remain intact requires you to give it some time and care. Below are some suggestions for you regarding how to take good care of your nails and how to keep them healthy.
“20 home remedies for nail growth and natural ways to make your nails shine. Maintain your nail and hair health naturally. What works for nails, works for hair too as they both are made up of Keratin.”
20. Opt For Food Rich In Proteins
Nails do not have any rocket science in them. They are simple little things made up of proteins, namely Keratin. When you will intake more of proteins, your nails will obviously get better with time. Dry fruits, eggs, meat, fish and cheese are a few examples of food rich in protein content.
- Eat egg. Boil it, half-fry it, full fry it or scramble it. Eat it however you like it best but just make sure you eat it.
- Make it a habit to have an egg in the morning everyday.
- Add more fish, dry fruits, cheese and other protein rich foods in your diet for nail growth.
19. Nail Removers Are Your Enemy
Have you noticed the dryness caused by nail removers? It makes your nail dry and brittle so instantly that you go like “what the hell just happened?” If you want to maintain your nail’s health, stay as far away as possible from nail removers.
- Paint your nails less often so you will not need removers.
- Only use removers when very important.
- Do the Lemon Tip given below to combat dryness and for achieving healthy nails.
18. The Lemon Tip
When you remove your nail polish, the “nail paint-nail remover” effect left on your nail is pretty disturbing. It leaves your nail dry and brittle. Sometimes when you have used a bad nail paint, your nail looks even worse. Even after removing the nail paint, your nail looks stained and yellowish. To get rid of the dryness and the staining all you need to do is, try this simple DIY solution:
- Cut a lemon and squeeze its juice.
- Dip a cotton ball into the lemon juice and rub the juice on your nails.
- Keep rubbing until the cotton is dry.
- Leave the lemon juice to dry on your nails completely.
- Once dried, wash it off and see the difference.
17. Massage Your Hands Well
Manicure Is The Secret To Beautiful Hands, Ever Wondered Why?
It consists of a lot of MASSAGING. When you massage on a certain part of your body, it gets flushed with blood. The blood flow in that particular area is increased thus the cell formation in that area is also enhanced. As I mentioned earlier, the white area of the nails is an outgrowth of the newer cells. Therefore the faster the cell formation, the faster your nail will grow. Learn how to make your nail grow faster using this effective massage method. Do your manicure at home with this simple technique.
- Massage your hands with a cream, one hand at a time, for at least 5 minutes.
- Cover it with a loose polythene bag and tie the ends to create an air-proof area. This will keep the heat of your hands inside.
- Remove the polythene bag after 10-15 minutes.
- Scrub it with a hand scrub. If you do not have a hand scrub, scrub your hands with half a teaspoon of salt. Scrub the corners of your nails too.
- Again, the scrubbing should be continued for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove your cuticles.
- Wash it off.
- Repeat it with your other hand.
16. The Vitamin E Treatment
You must have heard vitamin E is good for the health of your hair and nails. To help vitamin E absorb faster in your nails, heat it a bit.
- Mix vitamin E and Tea Tree Oil or any other essential oil.
- Heat the mixture to warm a bit.
- Soak your nails into the mixture.
- Leave it on overnight for effective nail growth.
15. Take Multi Vitamins
Let it be your hair, nail or skin; multi vitamins are an essential element to keep you healthy. Different fruits have different vitamins in them. You cannot eat all the fruits at a time but you can have a capsule of multi vitamins at a time. It will not be as good as natural but it helps with the health of your nails. What you apply on your nails is important, but what you intake is more important. Multi vitamins will prevent your nail from tearing and breaking. Combined with the vitamin E remedy it will help a lot.
- Consult your doctor regarding your daily vitamin needs.
- Take the capsules as directed by the doctor for healthy nails and hands.
14. Flax Seed Oil Capsules
Flax seeds are a natural source of vitamin E and Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are basically the good fats required by our body to keep it well nourished and healthy. These good fats are necessary to keep our nails and hair well nourished. Omega-3 fatty acids are basically what keeps our skin, nails and hair from over drying. Here is how to make your nail grow faster using this remedy.
- Take 2 capsules everyday.
- Confine your intake to 1 capsule a day or on alternate days during summers. The reason being; summers are already very hot and humid.
13. Flax Seed Oil Bath
Flax seed oil is good when you intake it and it is good when you apply it too. Basically these little seeds are your nail’s best friends. When you have them around, nothing can possibly go wrong with your nails. To pamper your nails internally, have their oil in the form of capsules and to pamper them externally, give them a flax seed oil treatment.
- Heat the oil in the microwave oven for no more than a minute.
- Dip your nails into the oil for 15 minutes at least.
- Wash your hands and apply a moisturizer for effective nail growth.
12. Egg Shells Are Also Useful
We usually just take an egg, break the shell, cook what is inside and throw the shell away. Its time to change that habit! Egg shells are high in calcium, folic acid (iron), protein and minerals like potassium and magnesium. It strengthens the nails and makes them less prone to damage. To benefit from it you shall;
- Break the shells into small pieces and put it in the blender. Add almonds, pecans and flax seeds
- Blend it until powdered.
- Take a teaspoonful of this powder every morning with warm milk.
- You will experience stronger healthy nails in a month.
11. Orange Juice
Here is an effective way about how to make your nail grow faster using amazing oranges. Oranges are packed with nutrients, especially vitamin C. Vitamin C keeps your skin and nails from drying out. It forms a shield between your nails and the things that dry it up. This remedy is more important for ladies who paint their nails and have to use nail removers very often. To benefit from oranges you shall;
- Extract the juice of an orange. Just enough to dip your nails into it (half a glass should be more than enough).
- Keep the juice in a container where you can dip all your nails.
- Dip your nails for half an hour.
- Apply a face pack in the meanwhile to completely relax.
- After half an hour wash it off. Both the face pack and the orange juice.
“Enjoy these super easy tips and tricks to keep your nails healthy and try them yourself to benefit from it. Follow these 20 simple tips and protect your nails from breaking for no reason.”
10. Essential Oils, Peppermint Oil Or Tea Tree Oil
Other than being brittle, easy to break, unshapely and dry, if not taken care of; our nails can be affected by problems far worse than this. When you do not clean your nails when needed, use too much of detergents or soak your nails in dishwashers all the time, they get weak. Weaker nails are prone to infections like ring nails and other fungal infections. Massaging your nails with essential oils can keep them healthy. Go for peppermint oil or tea tree oil! They have antibacterial and anti fungal properties in them. They will keep your nails shining and free from infections. Once in a while, do these simple tricks to keep them free from such infections.
- Take some peppermint/tea tree oil in your fingers.
- Massage on your finger nails.
- Leave it there overnight and notice the nail growth in just few days.
- If you wash your clothes and dishes too often, do the essential oil massage at least once every week.
9. Avoid Nail Paints Which Contain Formaldehyde, Toluene And Sulfonamide
When you buy your nail paints the next time, check for the ingredients. If they have formaldehyde, toluene and sulphonamide then don’t buy it. No matter how good the color is. Just don’t! Chemicals like formaldehyde, toluene and sulphonamide are very damaging for your nails. Your nails are proteins and strong chemicals de-structure the proteins in nails therefore causing them to break. So make sure to avoid these chemicals to get healthy nails.
8. Stop Biting Your Nails
If you want to have healthy nails, stop biting them other wise you will always rely on acrylic nails. That is like destroying them on your own, without any external factors involved. In order to avoid nail biting, do the following.
- Keep your mind busy in other things.
- Keep your focus in whatever you are doing.
- Nail biting is more common in people who have lack of focus in them.
- Wear lipsticks. It keeps you from nail biting since no women wants to ruin their lipstick.
7. Olive Oil
Olive oil is an amazing source of vitamin E. Being highly absorbent it provides complete nourishment. Here is a simple remedy if you want to know how to make your nail grow faster using natural things.
- Heat the oil in the microwave oven for a minute.
- Soak your nails into the oil after making sure it is on a tolerable temperature.
- After 5 minutes, the cuticles will be softer.
- Massage on your fingernails with the oil.
6. Do Not Use Cheap Nail Paints
Buying cheap nail paints is a “no profit deal”. You are completely at loss when you buy cheap nail paints. Later you will have to spend twice the amount to regain your healthy nails again. Cheap nail paints damage your nails and make them prone to breakage. They do not just damage your nails but also make your nail turn yellowish in color.
5. Trim Your Nails
Trimming your nails makes sure you choose the shape of your nail instead of some accident, when it accidentally breaks to change the shape of your nails. Just like trimming the hair promotes its growth, in the same way; trimming your nails promotes nail growth.
- Trim the corner of your nails every once a week.
- File the uneven areas to shape them up.
4. Smear Some Vaseline
Every time you trim your nails make sure to smear some Vaseline too. It keeps the sides of your nails soft and makes your nails shine. It is simple but effective way of getting beautiful healthy nails.
- Take a pea sized amount of Vaseline into a cotton bud.
- Smear it on the corner of your nails.
- Wait for half and hour before going on with removing the cuticles.
3. Wear Gloves
Dish washing liquids and detergents can make your nails become weak over time. To protect your nails from weakening via the harsh chemicals in the detergents, you shall wear gloves.
2. Rub Some Garlic
Garlic improves nail growth. It does not only help your nails grow faster but also has antibacterial and anti fungal properties that help you protect your nails from infections.
- Simply cut a clove of garlic into half and rub over your nails. Leave it on, it will absorb. Or,
- Make a paste and apply that paste on your nails for 5 minutes. Remove the excess and enjoy healthy nails in just few days.
1. Night Treatment
Night Time Is The Ideal Time To Let Your Nails Heal
Massage with your favorite oil or vitamin E to do the trick. Before going to bed do the following steps for nail growth.
- Cut 2-3 vitamin capsules.
- Apply the liquid on your nails.
- Wear manicure gloves and leave it on, overnight.
- Remove the glove in the morning.
- You will notice the difference within a week.
- Wear the gloves when doing the dishes.
- Do not put your nails into anything with a lot of chemicals.
- Do not go overboard with the flax seed capsules and multi vitamin.
- Keep your nails away from egg whites and yolks. They weaken the nails.
- Do not wash your hands too much. It over dries your nails and makes them breakable.