There may be many causes of Milia. According to some people, they do occur when the dead cells gets together in one place, in this condition they do not have any way to get out of the body like boils and that’s why they do sit in the skin and appear on the external part. They usually grow around the eyes, mostly under the eyes but sometimes they do grow on cheeks and forehead. These are hard structured but not too harmful, but they can affect the life in many other ways such as being a skin problem.
These can develop due to not caring properly because skin needs to be clean regularly. In adults,Milia can produce inflammation and sometimes rashes may occur. Cleaning the skin can prevent it from Milia. Some of the main causes of Milia are using a huge makeup on the face, chemicals rich creams and high production of sebum which can be called hormonal misbalance. Although Milia use to go by its own but there are some remedies for milia removal which can help in getting a quick result. Some of them are described below:
“Milia develops mostly naturally and may be some times due to hormones, secretions etc. the most effective method of treating such diseases is being clean. The dirt and the dust generate bacteria which can cause Milia. Also too many other problems can be caused which can lead to a severe problem. Preventing is easier then treating them. First one should let them to cure naturally because applying too many remedies can harm the skin and if they are chemicals then can burn also.”
12. Hot Cloth
You should clean your skin properly so that the impurities do not get attached with the skin cells. Make sure to use this effective milia treatment to get rid of it easily. To remove the dead cells and other Milia forming particles you will have to try a cleaning with a hot cloth in the following way:
- Put a clean and soft cloth into warm water not too much hot otherwise it can do side effect or burn the skin.
- Now put the cloth onto the face or affected area.
- Let it to steam the skin.
- The steam will remove the dead cells and clean the face.
- Let it be there until you see a radish color glow on the skin.
- You can use this method twice to thrice in a week to see better results.
11. Retinol Lotion
Retinol contains many cleansing properties and many people have been considering it as a main agent fight against acne and other skin problems. For the treatment of Milia retinol lotion can be helpful. It can be used in the way described below:
- Wash your face clearly.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes.
- Now apply the retinol lotion over the affected area.
- Do this at night before going to sleep.
- You can repeat this method after some intervals of the day.
- It may take some time to remove white bumps on skin properly.
10. Honey With Jojoba
Yes, honey is also here, actually it has been in the every article which is health related especially about the remedies for skin problems. Honey and jojoba both have such properties which can clearly cleanse the skin and prevent from many skin problems such as Milia. Here it can be used as an effective milia treatment in the way described below:
- Take two table spoon of honey.
- Mix it with one table spoon of jojoba oil.
- Now apply this mixture on the affected skin.
- Leave it for around twenty minutes.
- And then wash it off.
- Repeat this two times in a day.
- For better results it can used several times in a week.
9. Rose Water With Sandalwood
Rose water is one of the most famous beauty natural product which has been fighting against hundreds of skin diseases. One benefit of it is that it is truly natural and does not contain type of chemical which can harm the skin. For the treatment of Milia it can be used along with jojoba oil which is also a skin care natural remedy. The procedure of using this DIY remedy for milia removal is described below:
- Take some rose water in a bowl whose amount will be according to the need.
- Now mix some sandalwood powder into it.
- Mix them well and make a paste.
- Apply this paste over the Milia directly.
- Leave it for around fifteen minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Dry it with any soft cloth or a clean towel
8. Oatmeal And Honey Scrub
Although these two are herbal products which can be used alone but together they can give a double affect. This remedy acts like a powerful moisturizer which contains antioxidant that opens the pores and removes the dead cells. The method of making and using the scrub for removing white bumps on skin is mentioned below:
- Take oatmeal equal to three table spoon.
- Add two table spoon honey.
- Now put one table spoon sugar into it.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Apply this scrub over the Milia.
- Leave it for some minutes and then rinse it off with water.
- This remedy can be used again according to the need.
7. Roasted Pomegranate Peels
This is also a very effective milia treatment. Pomegranates are rich in vitamin C which is a very effective item in preventing from many skin problems. Roasted pomegranate peels are the best cleansing agent and are easy to make. Pomegranate is a fruit which can be obtained from the nearest market. The method of making this mask is describes below:
- Take few pomegranate peels and roast them until they become brownish in color.
- Now crush them and make the powder.
- Add some drops of lemon juice.
- Apply this over the Milia and leave it there for twenty minutes.
- This remedy can be repeated several times in a week.
“Every remedy takes some time to work and to show the result therefore each one demands some patience and time. While using the above mentioned remedies give them time to work properly. Try to take a balance diet and give your required nutrients which make it able to fight against diseases by itself by enhancing the immunity and let it cure internally. Increase the intake of vitamin C in case of Milia like problems. Some people use to pop the Milia like they do with acne like issues but Milia are not of that type, they do not contain pus like liquid substance to pop.”
6. Using Castor Oil
Castor oil is rich in antibacterial properties and is very helpful in treating Milia. Milia occur when the dust particles attach with the oil produced by the body which makes huge dirt on the skin. How to use castor oil for milia removal is described below:
- Take half table spoon castor oil.
- Mix it with the olive oil in the same quantity.
- Now apply this to the affected area.
- Wash it off with water after some time.
Alternative method of using castor oil is mixing it with baking soda. The method is below:
- Take one table spoon baking soda.
- Add castor oil in the same quantity.
- Mix well and make the paste.
- Apply this over the Milia.
- Leave it be there for few hours.
- Rinse it with water.
- This remedy can be used twice in a day.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a skin cleaning agent for many years. It is an antioxidant which heals the skin quickly. It is present in many beauty products also. This is also beneficial for dark circles around the eyes. For the treatment of Milia it can be used in the way describes below:
- Take some amount of aloe Vera gel.
- Mix some green tea to it.
- Apply this solution over the Milia.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water and get rid of these annoying white bumps on skin.
Another method of using aloe Vera is to give a massage.
- Take some aloe Vera gel in your hand and apply it on the affected area.
- Now give a massage gently.
- Do this at night before going to sleep.
- Leave it till morning.
- Wash it off in the morning.
- After some days the result will be clear.
4. Say No To Sun And Heavy Make Up
Although makeup is good for looking beautiful but it can remain in the skin pores which can give birth to Milia like skin problems. Secondly direct sun light can be a cause of Milia but not necessary. Anyway treating them is must but preventing is essential for milia removal. Words mentioned below should be a preventing remedy for Milia.
- Do not put big layers of makeup especially on the Milia affected skin.
- Try to remove the makeup as soon as possible.
- Try to bring light cosmetics which have not too much chemicals.
- Try to live in the natural way as much as possible.
- Do not let the sun to put a direct exposer o you.
3. Vanilla With Jojoba
Jojoba has been a fine remedy for the treatment of many skin diseases but with vanilla its affecting power will be doubled. Jojoba and honey provide us a perfect and easy milia treatment. The method of making the mask from these two ingredients is:
- Take some jojoba in a bowl and add some vanilla to it.
- Now put some honey into it and also some sugar.
- Mix them well and make the paste.
- Now add some oatmeal to it and mix it well.
- Now apply this paste on the affected skin using your fingers.
- Now give a gentle massage so the sugar will remove the Milia heads.
- Wash the face with any cleanser.
- Apply a moisturizer after patting it with a soft towel.
2. Plant Oils
Plant oils are more effective than mineral oils because they do not give any type of side effects. These are skin friendly and do not clog with the pore, hence reducing the possibility of Milia like skin problems. These not only treat the Milia but also nourish giving the skin a fast glowing look. Some of the helpful plant oils are:
- Sandalwood cardamom citrus skin oil is very beneficial for the Milia and other skin issues.
- Bee beauty facial oil really effective in getting rid of white bumps on skin.
- Rose neroli skin oil is a good remedy in this condition.
1. Milk With Gram Flour
Milk is rich in mineral and essential nutrients for skin and hence is a wonderful remedy. It can be used in many forms and in raw form also. Beside this gram flour has been working as facial mask etc. it had such properties which do work against the oil and dust present in the skin and removes skin problems. For the treatment of Milia gram flour can be used along with milk according to the method shown below:
- Take some milk in a bowl.
- Add some gram flour to it.
- Mix them well and make the paste.
- Apply the mask on the face.
- Wait until the whole mask dries.
- Now wash it off with lukewarm water.
- The quantity of the products can be varying according to the need.
- You can also use rose water instead of milk for milia removal.
- Do regular cleansing.
- Try to live refresh by exercising and by eating natural and healthy food.
- Take care of your surrounding especially of your bed and the pillows; wash them on a regular basis.
- Avoid spicy and too much oily food.
- Do consult a doctor if Milia are getting bigger and you want a fast treatment.
- Do not use many cosmetics such as creams and shades etc.; they may have side effects to your skin.
- Do not apply chemicals to treat Milia instantly, they are very harmful.
- Do not try a remedy on children and never on infants as their skin is more sensitive than anyone else.
- Do not use more than one remedy at the same time, they may interact with each other and can cause other skin problems.
- Do not leave any remedy on your face for a long period of time.
- Do not use a sunscreen or a sun block lotion which has a greater SPF.