Are you stressed about those dark brown patches on your skin and it has now become an ugly hindrance in your beauty, right?
The appearance of dark brown patches on the skin is symptoms of melasma, also called as skin-pigmentation. It is another common disease of skin that affects mostly chin, cheeks, forehead, upper lip area and neck, though other parts of body are also affected with melasma. The obvious cause for the discoloration of skin is found to be sun exposure. People, who are most often exposed to heating sun rays, are most likely to get large brown patches on the skin. Whereas women also get melasma during pregnancy and hormonal changes.
Discoloration of skin actually does not cause any harm to the health condition but it ultimately results in degree of embarrassment. Women prefer various medical treatments to lessen the dark patches on the prominent areas of the body. Despite of physical stress and discomfort, pigmentation causes psychological stress to women of every age. Before you approach for severe skin medical treatments, have a glance at home remedies that are easy to available, cheap in cost and without any side effects.
Regular application of home remedies can be an effective treatment, to lessen the dark patches and reveal the original skin.
Fresh lemons are of multiple benefits to your health and skin conditions. The component of Vitamin C in lemon and its acidic nature are known for healing properties that has strong capability to reduce the dark patches. Lemon has powerful astringent properties that works perfect as skin lightener. Lemon juice is effective in curing large dark spots on face or other body parts. Just try this simple DIY remedy to reduce dark patches.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
- Take a fresh lemon; squeeze the lemon to get lemon juice.
- Dip a cotton ball in lemon juice and apply it on the affected area.
- Repeat the process twice or thrice in a day to get rid of brown spots on skin.
Precaution – If you some red rashes on the face or other parts avoid using lemon, it causes skin burning.
While going for grocery shopping, remember to add cucumber in your basket of foods. One of the major ingredients for refreshing salads is cucumber. The hydrating property of cucumber will keep your skin filled with water and help in glowing the skin. Cucumber is found to be an effective treatment in treating sun burns, if you are facing tanned skin, then it is recommended to use cucumber as it soothe the skin and accelerates the healing process. You can use this amazing melasma treatment this way:
- Take a fresh cucumber, peel it and blend it well.
- Add some lemon juice in the cucumber juice.
- Apply the mixture on the pigmented areas for twice a day.
- Wash it and clean the face.
10. Sandalwood Powder
Sandalwood is known for its skin lighting properties. The use of sandalwood can be immensely effective in treating blemishes and dark patches in different parts of the body. Natural products work great in reducing those dark brown spots on skin.
Here is the beauty mask of sandalwood that keeps you protected from ugly patches.
- Take equal amount of sandalwood powder, lemon juice, milk and pinch of turmeric powder.
- Mix well the ingredients and form a paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected areas.
- Massage gently or scrub it in the circular motions.
- For leaving it for 20 minutes, rinse it with water.
The yellow pigment of turmeric is of numerous benefits, in regard with health and skin conditions. The availability is at ease, just go to your kitchen and take out turmeric powder for glowing magic. With the property of reducing blemishes, dark patches, turmeric powder has the brightening property to improve skin complexion. Here is a simple way you can use turmeric as an amazing melasma treatment.
- Turmeric powder is used for reducing melanin pigmentation.
- Add tablespoon of turmeric powder with two tablespoon of milk, form a paste.
- Apply the paste on the pigmented area and leave it to rest on the skin.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
“Among various skin problems, is yet another harmless skin disease, called melasma? When your face gets dark brown patches on cheeks, foreheads, upper lips, neck and arms, you are at greater risk of getting melasma. Mostly women during pregnancy get skin pigmentation and it lasts for long time until you opt for skin treatments. Ingredients in your kitchen and fresh foods can provide effective results in reducing ugly marks and blemishes on the body.”
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is treated for melasma disorders. Vinegar is packed with skin lightening properties and removing dark spots. In order to remove discoloration of skin, application of apple cider vinegar is effective in treating ugly patches. The ingredients in vinegar are beneficial in treating blemishes and brown spots on skin.
- Mix apple cider vinegar (ACV) in equal proportion with water.
- Apply both on the affected areas.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Looking for a pure natural and effective melasma treatment then use this simple oatmeal recipe. One of your meals from breakfast menu can also be effective for treating your dark patches. It is oatmeal! The magical rich ingredient in oatmeal acts as natural exfoliating agent and removes dead skin. With the property of removing blemishes and dark brown patches, oatmeal is affecting treating melasma and it is after affects. Want to know the oatmeal face mask?
Here it is the simple procedure to form oatmeal mask.
- Take 3 tablespoon of oatmeal with 3 tablespoon of milk.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon into the mixture and blend it well.
- Apply the mixture on the pigmented areas on the face or even arms.
- After leaving it for 20 minutes, rinse it off with warm water.
6. Magic Of Aloe Vera Gel
The secret is out! One of the effective and amazing beneficial natural plants is aloe Vera. The magical plant has versatile properties that are purely beneficial for human skin. The white liquid gel is of great importance to your dark spots, brown patches, burnt skin and blemishes. It also has property to remove dead cells and help in re-generating new cells. This remedy has been used as an effective melasma treatment for ages and It also prevents you from several skin diseases and also provide natural cure without any particular harm to the skin.
- Extract some gel from the plant of aloe Vera.
- Gently apply it on the skin, which you find is ugly or patched.
- Allow it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes on the surface of the skin.
- Rinse it with warm water.
5. Papaya Pulp
Get rid of these brown spots on skin using fresh papaya. We bring you the easiest home remedies to help you look more fresh, young and bright. Papaya is another one of the healthiest fruit, which provides skin nourishment and treatments. The active enzyme, called papain, performs as an exfoliant that is helpful in removing dead cells, dark patches and ugly tiny spots. It is also one of the natural cure, that takes away your stress and bring you joy with a healthy and young skin.
- Take a fresh papaya, and mash it well.
- Apply the papaya well on the dark spots on your face.
- Allow it to rest for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
When your face or arms are exposed to scorching sun rays, you are most likely to get affected from dark brown ugly patches, caused by melasma. Horseradish is also used for melasma treatments; it is an effective cure for dark spots and blemishes. Besides that, it is also beneficial for lightening the skin complexion. It provides a very amazing melasma treatment for quick relief.
- Grate the horseradish well; apply the mask on the face.
- Allow it to rest for 20 minutes.
- Wash it with warm water.
- Repeat the process twice in a week.
- Wait for two weeks until skin starts to peel off and re-generates a new skin.
The rich nut, almond, is packed with nutrients and proteins. The healthiest almond is of countless benefits, relating to health and skin treatments. In order to treat patches, caused by melasma, almond is of great use. It helps in vanishing the skin pigmentation and help to nourish the skin.
- Soak few almonds overnight and peel off the skin the other day.
- Form a paste of almonds and add honey or milk to form a mixture.
- Apply the paste on the affected areas and get rid of brown spots on skin.
The kitchen basic ingredient, onion, can also be beneficial for treating discoloration of skin. Pick the red onion, kept in your kitchen storage and try it to reduce your dark patches. Red Onion juice can be a curative remedy to reduce the appearance of ugly patches or spots on the face.
- Chop the onions in smaller pieces and blend it to get onion juice.
- Apply it on the pigmented areas.
- After skin absorbs the juice, wash it with warm water.
1. Sun Protection
The obvious and important cause for getting melasma is exposure to hot sun. The heating sun rays make skin areas get affected and brown patches, spots of large sizes. If in any case, your skin is exposed to sun rays, it is essential to take good care of your skin against burning sun rays.
- Buy a SPF 30 sunblock to treat the burning caused by sun rays.
- Cover your face and arms with the sunscreen protection daily.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Intake plenty of water.
- Have patience while going for home remedies.
- Regular application of above products is necessary to notice effective results.
- Avoid going outside, when sun is hot.
- Do not take excessive medications.
- Do not forget to take rest and feel stressed free.
- Do not forget to apply sunscreen, before you go out.