The smartest way to cure your loss of appetite is to find out the reason behind it and cure that reason!
- Stressed out.
- Emotionally upset.
- Having influenza.
- Had too much of alcohol last night or any other drug abuse.
- Lack of sleep.
- Lack of taste in your tongue.
- Last meal not digested yet.
- The food does not look interesting enough.
- Poor metabolism.
These are just a few reasons that may be responsible for your loss of appetite. All of these reasons have a natural cure to them if you have the patience required to implement on their respective home remedies.
“Home remedies that are easy and fun to do. Gain back your lost appetite with these simple home remedies and fall in love with food, once again. Deal with stress and lost appetite both at the same time.”
20. Go Green
There was a reason why our moms always told us to finish all the greens in the plate. Green vegetables are overloaded with nutrients. Sometimes we lose our appetite because of a nutrient lacking in our body. No matter what nutrient it is that our body lacks, greens have it all. Switch to greens to gain your appetite back. Bitter greens are the best to gain back your appetite as they stimulate the body to produce digestive enzymes and digestive juices. To benefit from the greens:
- Make a salad from all the greens you can manage to eat raw. Green vegetables when consumed raw, provide double the energy as that of when consumed after being cooked.
- Cook the broccoli with some potato while adding spices to make it taste yummy and nourishing both at the same time.
- Blend the bitter greens and drink their juice to cure loss of appetite.
19. Citrus Fruits
Just as the name suggests, citrus fruits have citric acid in them. Some people lose their appetite when their body is not producing enough hydrochloric acid required for the digestion of foods. The hydrochloric acid deficiency is one of the main loss of appetite causes. To cover up for this, the citric acid in these fruits helps with the digestion of food in your stomach. Citrus fruits are overloaded with antioxidants and vitamin C that do not just help you gain back your lost appetite but also make your skin glow. So all the ladies out there, go grab a dozen full of your favorite citrus fruit!
To Benefit From The Citrus Family, You Shall
- Extract the juice of your favorite citrus fruit and drink it fresh. You can also make a cocktail if you desire.
- Simply peel off an orange and eat it half an hour prior to your meal.
- Add salt to your citrus drink and make it yummier.
18. Fennel And Pear Salad
Fennel (Umbelliferae herb) is known for its digestive properties. Bad digestive system is one of the main loss of appetite causes. It increases appetite by aiding in digestion. It helps relieve an upset stomach too. It has many more qualities to benefit from, as far as loss of appetite is concerned you can:
- In a teapot, add 1-2 teaspoons of fennel seeds and hot water. Let it boil for at least 5-10 minutes. Strain. Pour in cups.
- Consume fennel as a vegetable in the form of a salad, like shown in the picture, with your favorite fruits added to it. (Here we have added pomegranate and pear.) A dash of salt and some seasoning will complete the salad.
- Chew on a teaspoon of fennel seeds in the morning before breakfast to increase your appetite
17. Black Peppers
Peppers are known to boost up metabolism by stimulating the body to produce digestive enzymes. So don’t just limit yourself to adding crushed black pepper in your soup or pasta, go beyond!
- Crush black pepper in a blender and keep aside.
- Every time you cook a dish, add a dash of it in your dish to heal loss of appetite problem.
16. Spice Up Your Life With Cayenne Peppers
The whole pepper family has this quality of increasing appetite by increasing metabolism. Also, if you do not feel like eating because of the bad taste on your tongue, this pepper will spice up things for you by removing that bad taste from your tongue. You can;
- Spice up your soups, salads, curries, sandwiches and dips by adding a few dashes of it.
- Sprinkle on top of your pizza to digest it faster and avoid loss of appetite.
15. Pickled Peppers
Pickles have been known for increasing appetite throughout the history. People in south Asia do not go to doctors for loss of appetite, they simply add pickle in their food to increase appetite. Pickled peppers will make your food taste better, increase metabolism and increase your hunger. Any other pickle can also do the job but I recommend pickled peppers. You can increase your appetite by;
- Chewing on some pickled jalapenos to make your mind ready to eat. It will also remove the bad taste from your tongue and your meal will taste better.
- Adding pickled jalapenos to your burger, sandwich, pasta or pizza to cure loss of appetite problem.
Guava is rich in fiber, vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, vitamin A, lycopene, collagen and much more. Guava is universally accepted to fit into the “SUPER FRUIT” category. Its health benefits are numerous. Being rich in dietary fiber it makes an amazing laxative. Guava also fights the toxins in your colon. When consumed whole, with the peel and the seeds, the fruit is much more beneficial. However studies have shown that during constipation, consuming the seeds of the fruits is not a good idea.
- Eat whole of guavas fresh.
- Blend it with some water, sieve it and have it as a drink.
- Cut it into cubes or julienne and add it into your salads to get rid of loss of appetite.
13. Make Your Food Look Tempting
Many people simply don’t eat because the food does not look tempting enough. This reason is more common in kids. Making your food look tempting will obviously tempt you to eat it. Fruits carved like the one above, can be a great motivation for you to eat. Make your meal more interesting to avoid these kinds of loss of appetite causes.
- Learn how to do fruit carvings and add a beautifully carved fruit salad on your table.
- Add light scented candles on your table.
- Be creative with the presentation of your food.
- Add well presented desserts to the table.
Lemons have that tangy flavor that all ladies love. It helps bring back the taste to your tongue and helps bring back your lost appetite. The citric acid in lemon, aids in the digestion of food and the vitamin C in it aids in the assimilation of foods. You can benefit from this tangy fruit by using this simple DIY recipe;
- Squeezing it on your salad can help in curing loss of appetite problem.
- Extracting the juice of lemons and making chilled lemonade while adding a spoon of sugar, salt and pepper to it.
11. Lemon Mint Slush
Summers are here. Slush is a very good option to keep you refreshed during summers. Lemon has the quality of increasing metabolism by several ways. You can make this slush by:
For Two Glasses
- Add a glass of water to the blender.
- Squeeze the juice of one medium sized lemon into it.
- Add 5-6 mint leaves to it.
- Add ice.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar.
- Blend it well.
- Fill half of both the glasses with white carbonated drink. Pour the lemon mint slush over it to fill the glass.
- Enjoy your summer drink and get rid of loss of appetite.
“20 home remedies that will increase your appetite. Remedies for lost appetite that include teas, fruits, slushies, tangy juices, peppers and some fun to sizzle up your diet. With the help of these remedies discover a more hungry you!”
10. Ginger Tea
Ginger is an amazing herb for increasing your appetite. It literally makes your stomach ready to eat. It increases metabolism and has the properties of fighting the flu virus. This is the reason why herbal doctors recommend ginger tea when you have cold and/or flu. To make this tea you shall;
Quick link = Health benefits of ginger
- Pour 2 glasses of water in a tea pot.
- Add a teaspoon of tea decoction.
- Cut half of a ginger into small strips.
- Add those strips in your tea.
- Boil in until the water halves into a single cup.
- Pour it into cup and squeeze half a lemon into it.
- Add one teaspoon of sugar, jaggery or honey.
- Drink it hot to avoid loss of appetite.
9. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile has that floral scent that soothes the mind and makes you hungry. You can simply smell the chamomile essential oil to reduce stress. It is also very effective in relieving from loss of appetite problem. Chamomile tea is a perfect idea if you have lost your appetite because of anxiety and/or stress. To make this tea you shall;
- Put a cup of water to boil.
- Add camomile extracts and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Or if you have chamomile teabags, you can boil the water, pour it into cups and dip your tea bags for 5 minutes.
- You may add lemon and honey to your tea, if desired.
- Drink it hot!
8. Exercise Regularly
There is a myth that exercise is only for people who want to lose their weight. That is not true. Yes it makes you lose weight but exercising is not just for those who want to lose weight, it is for everyone who likes to keep healthy. Lack of exercise is also one of the main loss of appetite causes. Exercising is a very good idea for all those looking to increase their appetite. It increases your metabolism and therefore makes you hungry more than usual.
7. Brush Your Tongue
Brushing your tongue is part of the correct brushing technique. Your brushing routine is not complete until you have brushed your tongue well. Brushing your tongue freshens your breath and cleans the mucous from your tongue. This is essentially important for those of you who have a bad taste in their mouth. Make it a daily habit to brush your tongue after brushing your teeth in the morning. Remember while brushing your teeth. If you are facing some kind of soar tongue issue than you might want to check out home remedies for sore tongue to get rid of them as soon as possible.
- When brushing your tongue, you may feel like puking. Therefore brush your tongue only in empty stomach.
- When you feel like puking, discontinue brushing and take deep breaths.
- Once normal, brush the rest of your tongue.
6. Motivating Quotes
Motivation is the key to becoming better person. Lack of motivation is sometimes the only reason that holds us back. When you cannot study, find yourself quotes that will motivate you to study on the internet. Print them out and paste them in front of your dressing table. When you can’t exercise, find yourself motivating quotes to do so. When you can’t eat, find yourself motivating quotes to eat and put it on your phone’s wallpaper so that every time you are not motivated enough to eat, you can look at it and eat.
5. Eat Light, Say No To Fast Food
Fast foods are heavier and therefore require more energy to digest. If you cannot eat because your stomach already feels heavy due to the last meal, it is probably because it is not yet digested. You shall then exercise to digest it. When you eat lighter meals, like vegetables, fruits and salads you are putting lesser stress on your digestive system. Light food tends to digest faster and you will then feel hungry in your next meal and there goes your loss of appetite problem.
4. Simple Lemon Water
Lemon stimulates your body to secrete more digestive enzymes than it usually does which in turn leads to increased metabolism. Lemon water also known as “detox water” helps your body detoxify. Lemon kills the toxins in your body and digests the extra cholesterol in your body that makes you feel heavier. This water will make you feel light and when you feel lighter, your hunger will automatically be induced.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
Figs are high in water and sugar content and NIL on fats. Figs when eaten fresh they induce hunger in you. You can also consume figs when dried but the benefits will then change a bit off course. Figs are delicious and are very effective in loss of appetite problem.
- Eat them fresh.
- Add them to your salad.
2. Bean Sprouts
Bean sprouts are so high in energy content that when you do not feel like eating anything else, eat a bowl of seasoned bean sprouts and they will cover your energy needs. These tiny things are packed with proteins and minerals. They are fat free, do not make you feel heavy and digest faster than usual food like bread.
1. Fruit Water
This is one of the easiest remedies of all for loss of appetite problem. You can do this when you cut a fruit but cannot eat it whole. Preserve it in cold mineral water and put in the refrigerator overnight. The next day eat the fruit in breakfast and drink the water. DO NOT DISCARD THAT WATER! It will help you increase your metabolism, appetite, and digest things faster than usual.
- Fennel tea does not just aids in digestion but it also has a soothing effect on your body. You can rejoice on it after having a tired day.
- Consuming good eight glasses of water helps regulate your metabolism and has many other benefits.
- It is not just confined to pickles but all tangy things increase metabolism, including lemon, tamarind and vinegar.
- The lycopene in pink guava slows down the aging process by protecting your skin from UV rays and helps prevent prostate cancer.
- Ginger tea is an amazing home remedy for cold and flu.
- Drink your teas hot! Hotter teas digest and absorb faster in your body.
- Hot teas also sooth the day’s tiredness.
- Eating alone can kill the appetite. Eat with a friend or family and see the difference.
- Oil and other fats require more time and energy to be digested. Use less oil in your diet or switch to extra virgin olive oil.
- Detox water also helps with weight loss.