It is getting very common that most of the population of the world is suffering from various diseases that are affecting the health of the people and creating hardships for the world. One of the diseases among them is pyelonephritis. It is a disease that is caused when urinary tract infection involves the upper urinary system like kidney and ureter.f
As we all know that kidneys filter the blood to produce urine. There are two tubes that carry the urine from the kidney, down into the bladder. These tubes are known as ureters. Then this urine travels from the bladder and comes out through urethra. Sometimes, it happens that a bacterium travels from urethra to the bladder and if it is escaped from there, it travels straight to the kidneys. This results in kidney infection. If you feel some unusual issues while urinating, don’t take it lightly as these can be the earlier symptoms of kidney infection. This kidney infection is a serious type of illness, which can be harmful to the other body organs as well. Some of the main symptoms of pyelonephritis can be:
- Back pain
- Feeling sick
- State of Confusion
Here some of the home remedies will be discussed in order to provide some benefits to the world or the sufferers of it.
15. Intake of Fluids
Fluids are the essential and the most effective remedy for various diseases related to human. A human instinct is very different; it requires all the things in a safe and healthy manner. If the body requirement of a human being does not get up to the mark, then the body starts to react in an abnormal manner.
The intake of fluids is essential that’s why. As our body is made up of liquid as well, it requires the intake of liquid in a particular way. Denial from this aspect is nothing more than a stupidity. Drinking different types of fluids not only benefits you and the body but apart from that t also helps in various other activities. It breaks up your congestion when you are drinking water or lemon juice; this act is saving you from dehydration as well as helping you to keep your throat wet. Follow these suggestions if you’re feeling kidney infection symptoms.
- Drink at least 8 to 10 glass of water.
- Drink different juices like coconut water or lemon water.
- Avoid coffee or other alcoholic drinks.
14. Hot Water Compress
When a person suffers from a kidney infection, the sufferers usually faces different pains like pain in the abdomen or pain in the hips or at the back side of the body.in such condition, this water compress or bag is very beneficial. It will provide a great relief in pain. Just heat that compressor and apply it onto the area which gets hurt and release the pressure from the bladder as well. This hot water compress will help to reduce the inflammation of the body and the bladder as well. All that you will have to do is:
- Heat the water bag or else you can take any cotton pad.
- Allow it to the area which is giving you pain.
- Repeat it for some days.
One of the famous kidney infection remedy is the use of marshmallow root. It has the diuretic property of increasing the flow of the urine in the body. The more urination, greater are the chances of getting the toxins and the other harmful products out of the body. It has been suggested by the doctors that if the flow of urine increases, the chances of flushing out the toxic and infectious materials from the kidney also increases. All these qualities make it an effective kidney infection treatment.
Marshmallow has the ability to fight and provide a good defense against various germs. To prepare the marshmallow drink, you need to do is:
- Addition of about 1 table spoon of marshmallows roots
- Leave it to the cup of hot water.
- Leave this for 10 to 5 minutes and then strain it.
- Drink 2 to 4 cups of water daily.
- Repeat it until infection gets better.
12. Parsley Juice
Parsley juice works as a cleanser for kidney, in fact it helps in reducing the kidney infection. It promotes the flow of urine as well. Parsley juice flushes out the toxins from the body and the extra materials from the kidney as well. Do the following steps for pyelonephritis.
- Take some leaves of fresh or dried parsley.
- Soak it in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Now let the water cool to a room temperature.
- Stir it in glass.
- Drink it on daily basis.
- Another tip is that you can add some lemon and honey to the parsley juice in order to develop some taste in it.
“Home remedies are only effective, if you take it on regular basis. If you apply it on regular basis, then you cannot get the desired results. Keep your diets healthy and more original. Avoid the things that are harmful for the body.”
Garlic is another herb that is used commonly to get some relief from the kidney infection due to its antibiotic properties. It is also helpful in or acts as anti-inflammatory, cough and wound and also in case of bloating. Some people find garlic as a natural treatment for tired eyes. Garlic is very good for kidney infection, because it clears the intense infection that occurs in the kidney thus giving a relief from the pain. Due to its antibiotic properties, garlic helps as agent to defend the kidney and helps in flushing the germs and infections out from the body. Make sure to use garlic regularly to avoid this infection and also use if you’re feeling kidney infection symptoms.
In order to prevent the body from infection the use of garlic is very beneficial. There are certain tricks to use garlic and to get this toxin material out of the body.
All that you will have to do is to:
- Take some solid pieces of garlic.
- Wash it properly.
- And then eat it on empty stomach.
- Another alternate is the use of garlic supplement or garlic capsule.
- If you want to try this then consult your doctor first.
10. Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice has many benefits according to the research conducted in 2009 by Minnesota University. This university reveals that this cranberry juice is helpful in treating urinary tract infections and it can also prevent recurrence in young as well as middle aged women. Cranberry juice is very good for kidney infection, because it clears the intense infection that occurs in the kidney thus giving a relief from the pain. As cranberry juice has acidic properties, so it prevents the wall of the bladder from getting effected by the attack of the bacteria. So It’s a must use to reduce the symptoms of kidney infection.
- Drink some amount of cranberry juice as it contains oxalate in it, this may cause kidney stone if it is taken in a large amount.
- Drink it without using any sugar or any other thing to sweeten it.
- Drink a glass of it on daily basis.
The best advantage of yogurt is that it contains anti-oxidants and probiotic properties due to which this makes it effective to deal with the problems related to kidney and its infections. The intake of yogurt also prevents the kidney infection from the recurrence. The bacteria present in the yogurt helps in inhibiting its properties, thus preventing the walls of the bladder to get effected by the other bacteria from the outside. It also strengthens the immune system of the body. All these qualities make yogurt an amazing kidney infection treatment.
- Eat two to three cups of yogurt daily.
- If you want you can also add fiber rich fruits in the yogurt as well.
- Make a smoothie from this yogurt and drink it 1 to 2 times daily.
8. Increased Vitamin C Intake
The intake of vitamin C helps in building wall against bacteria due to its property to raise the level of acid in the kidney and also giving strength to the immune system. The increased acidic level in the kidney prevents the outside bacteria to grow inside the body and cause any infection. So it is recommended for pyelonephritis treatment.
- Eat 1to 2 citrus fruits on daily basis like orange, grape fruit.
- Eat vitamin C containing vegetables like broccoli, pepper, potatoes, sprouts, tomatoes.
- Eat fruits rich in vitamins like strawberries, kiwi
- You can also take vitamin C supplements but after consulting a doctor, as the higher intake of these supplements may result in kidney stones. You might want to check out some home remedies for kidney stone for details.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains malic acids, which is a good property if you want quick and effective relief from kidney pain. It can help in balancing PH level. It also prevents the infection from spreading which makes it an important kidney infection treatment.
- Apple cider vinegar is very effective, it really works.
- Add one tablespoon of vinegar in water first thing in the morning with empty stomach and drink it and with three hours, you will feel the difference.
- Also add one table spoon of honey in hot water to increase the urine production and clean the bladder.
6. Use Of Apples
It is a common saying that eating an apple a day, keeps the doctor away. This statement is true. Due to its vigorous properties, these apples are a good source for the removal of kidney infections. Apple contains fiber in it. Apples have anti-inflammatory properties due to which these apples are useful in keeping the body active and removing the toxic materials from the kidney easily.
Due to its anti-inflammatory property, apples are useful in keep the urine more acidic in nature, which in return keeps the lining of the bladder away from the germs. Eating an apple on regular basis is also helpful in keeping the body away from pyelonephritis and other kidney related problems.
- Eat an apple every day to keep your kidney work properly.
- If you do not want to eat apple, then you can also use it in making apple juice or apple sauce.
5. Use Of Ginger
Ginger is an important herb that is helpful in removing the kidney infections. Ginger is also an important herb due to its role in curing various other diseases. Ginger is helpful in increasing skin radiance and it makes your skin glow. It is also helpful in nasal congestion or at the time of bloating.
Quick link = Benefits of ginger
Ginger contains gingerols in it which is an active ingredient in curing the kidney infection, just because gingerol has anti-bacterial property. This inhibits the spreading of bacteria from the bladder into the body, thus reducing the chances of kidney infection in return. There are to methods to use ginger as an effective kidney infection treatment.
The best way to make the ginger tea is given below. Other forms of ginger tea usually decrease the effect of the ginger according to various researches.
- Get some water and allow it to heat, not up to the boiling point of water.
- Make it just a bit warm.
- In a mug, in which you will drink the ginger tea, add some slices of ginger in Julian cutting, after pealing its skin from the body.
- Add some honey or lemon, whatever you like in it, add it a bit, just to enhance the taste of it.
- Now add water on to the ginger in the jug. Leave it for some time and then drink it sip by sip.
- You will feel the smoothness’ in it as soon as it reaches your intestine.
For the ginger juice
- Take some ginger.
- Grate it and obtain juice from it.
- Now add some drops of lemon juice in it.
- Mix it well.
- Add about half spoon of honey in it.
- You can also drink this juice.
4. Use Of Turmeric
Turmeric is another herb that is used commonly to get some relief from the painful problems related to kidney. It is a potent natural remedy that is helpful in keeping the kidney problems away and also helps in recovering from such problems. It speeds up the recovery. It is also helpful in or acts as anti-inflammatory, cough and wound and also in case of bloating. Some people find turmeric as a natural treatment for tired eyes. It is from the family of ginger. Turmeric is also known as an effective kidney infection treatment.
Turmeric contains an active ingredient in it that is cur cumin, which is helpful in kidney infections due to its anti-bacterial property. Curcumin has another property that it is anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal, which inhibits the growth of microbes as well as it inhibits from spreading around.
Quick link = Turmeric benefits
- Take some solid pieces of turmeric.
- Wash it properly
- Soak it in lemon juice.
- You will have to cover it in glass bowl for about a month.
- After one month, take out one piece of that turmeric and then grind it with rose water.
- Make a paste of it.
- Now strain out the juice of this mixture.
- And drink it in small quantity.
- You can also use this turmeric in your foods.
- If you want, you can also use it in form of supplements.
3. Avoid Sugar And Glucose
This is because sugar or glucose contains such ingredients that are helpful in the growth of certain bacteria in the body. The intake of things that are coated in sugar like biscuits, cakes, brownies, chocolates, soft drinks etc., are harmful for the sufferers of kidney infection. If you want to recover your body from such infections, then avoid such things. Keep a strict eye on your diet if you want to recover a bit early and want to avoid other problems. Avoiding these is also necessary to prevent pyelonephritis risks.
2. Intake Of Water
Keep on drinking the required amount of water that your body need. Water is the best disease to sure any disease. Our body contains ninety percent of water that we need to replenish on daily basis. Drink lot of water to keep your skin hydrated, this will keep the body active and will keep on moving and passing the toxic materials away from the body, by rotating it in a proper manner in the body.
Water intake is very important and a best way to cure any disease. Drink at least eight to ten glass of water daily and clean your bladder. Refrain from drinking alcohol and smoking.
1. Frequent Urination
When you are busy some where or when you are in hurry and you do not wants to go to washroom, and you keep on stopping yourself from the removal of wastes from the body, this action can lead to severe problems. It is irritating sometimes; for going into the washroom on regular basis. But if you are a kidney infectant, you are not allowed to do this at any cost. Just keep on drinking a lot of water or juices and urinate frequently. Frequent urination, keeps your kidneys active and it washes out all the toxic germs from the body. One the infection causing germs flushes out, it will be easy then to heal the kidney infections and keeps it working in a better and proper position.
- Consult a proper doctor regarding kidney infection.
- You can use these remedies just as an adjunct treatment.
- After intercourse, do take a bath and urinate properly.
- Consult your doctor on regular basis.
- Do not rely solely on these home remedies.
- Do not use those ingredients that are harmful for you.
- Do not use any alcoholic beverage.
- Avoid the use of sugars as well.