Looking for hair fall remedies? You are at the right place. Here you will find a large variety of remedies to try from. These remedies are free of any side effects.
Hair is kept by nature on the top of our head. They tend to be treated as the foremost responsibility. Good and lustrous hairs reveal the caring personality f a person. It shows how much one is concerned about oneself.
20. Garlic Juice And Coconut Oil
Garlic has been known for ages for its healing properties, especially when it comes to how to grow your hair faster. You can use garlic in two ways:
- Extract juices of two to three cloves of garlic; mix it with three to four table spoons of coconut oil.
- Apply it on the scalp and massage it gently.
- Wrap your head with a hot towel.
- If you can stand the smell, leave overnight, and if you cannot stand the smell, leave it for atleast 30 minutes.
The other way that garlic can be used as an effective hair loss cure is:
- Chop one or two cloves of garlic.
- Heat half a cup of coconut oil and add the chopped garlic.
- Let the garlic cloves fry and turn golden.
- Strain the oil and store in an air tight container.
- This oil is to be applied to the scalp for two weeks on alternative day for at least 30 minutes.
The use of garlic must be consistent and should be continued for at least two weeks. Then give a two week gap and start using again for another two weeks. There will be noticeable difference in the first week of use. Garlic makes the hair roots stronger and adds health and vigor to the hair.
19. Quit Smoking And Consumption Of Alcohol
If you are a smoker, simply quit smoking, as this might be a reason that has caused your hairstyle to become weak. Chain smokers are most likely to lose hair at an early age. Cigarette contains Tobacco and harmful toxins which cause the hair follicles to become weak and ultimately fall. Alcohol consumption affects your skin and hair in a negative way. Alcohol weakens the liver. The liver is responsible to flush out the toxins from the body. As the toxins are not excreted if the liver does not perform well, it affects the body including the hair and the skin. So before trying any of these home remedies for hair loss,
18. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is used by old wives for many household recipes and first aid treatments. It is applied on the skin for glowing and fair complexion. Aloe Vera contains antioxidants and essential minerals which provide strength to the hair and the skin. It is one of the best treatments for hair loss in women. Peel an Aloe Vera leaf and mash the transparent gel that comes after peeling the leaf. Apply it on the hair and scalp after mashing with a dye brush. Leave it for an hour and wash. It is better not to apply shampoo and wash with plain water. Aloe Vera balances the pH of the scalp and reduces hair fall.
17. Amla Or Indian Gooseberry
Amla and shikakai are two ingredients which are very powerful when it comes to treating hair fall. There are several ways to use Amla as an effective hair loss treatment.
- Boil Amla with Coconut oil until the oil turns black. Strain the oil and apply the resulting black oil when warm.
- Mix powder of Amla and Shikakai with water and apply on the scalp and hair.
It can also be applied:
- Mix Amla Powder with lemon juice and apply on the scalp for half an hour. Shampoo as ususal.
- The Amla and Shikakai juice can also be drunk. The most effective way to stop hair fall is to drink the juice of Amla and Shikakai. It has a very bitter taste and is very difficult to drink. But if you have the guts to drink it, then drinking the juice will show considerable results in a short span of time.
16. Avoid Excessive Heat Styling
Heat damages the hair fibres and makes them weak and less vulnerable. This causes breakage of hair. It is one of the main reasons of hair loss in women. If there is a dire need of using any such method for hair styling, apply a branded protectant on your hair which will protect your hair from damage.
15. Avoid Fried Foods And Fast Foods
Fried foods cause the scalp to release excess oils and makes the hair weak and brittle. Fast foods contain harmful substances which age your skin and hair at a very fast rate.
“Are you tired of trying hair fall treatments and you have not achieved success? Read this article and you will discover new and harmless ways to treat your hair fall.”
14. Apply Hair Masks
Hair packs are very effective to stop hair fall. There are many hair packs that you can try.
- Mix Egg yolk in sesame seed oil and two table spoons of yoghurt and apply it on your hair and scalp. It is an effective hair loss cure.
- Soak Fenugreek seeds over night in water. In the morning take the seeds out of the water and make a paste. Add one tablespoon honey and one table spoon olive oil to the paste. Apply on the scalp and wash with a mild shampoo after half an hour.
- Warm three tablespoons of milk, add half table spoon of honey and mix well. Apply on the scalp and hair. This pack will make your hair stronger and and stop hair fall.
- Mix henna, Egg white and curd and apply on scalp and hair. It’s a very effective remedy against hair fall.
13. Avoid Using Hot Water To Wash Hair
Hot water damages the hair and weakens the protein fibres in the hair. Always wash your hair with cool water. Hot water makes the hair frizzy and dry and takes away all the moisture from the hair. All the essential oils are washed away with hot water.
12. Do Oil Massage As A Ritual
Warm the oil that you prefer to use. Massage your scalp with warm oil. It is one the most basic but very effective home remedies for hair loss. Keep massaging for almost ten minutes. Massage your scalp with oil every two days in a week. Oil nourishes you scalp and hair.
“Here are a lot of home remedies if you are going out of hair! These remedies are tried by many and are proven to be harmless and are the ones which even the poor can afford.”
11. Coconut Milk
Coconut Milk is another very effective remedy to stop hair fall. Follow these suggestion to use this amazing hair loss treatment.
- Mix one table spoon of honey in five tablespoons of coconut milk.
- Apply this mixture on the scalp.
- Noticeable results can be observed after first use.
10. Wear Hair In Lose Styles
Donot stress your hair with tight hairstyles. Tight hairstyles tend to pull the hair excessively and this may cause the hair to break. This is also one of the main reasons of hair loss in women. Whenever you make a high pony or any tight hairstyle, make sure you loosen all the hair strands of hair which are near the scalp by inserting the back of the styling comb between the hair of the scalp.
9. Drink Aequate Milk
Drink at least two glasses of milk daily. This makes up to 500 ml of milk on a daily basis. Enough Calcium and vitamins which are found in the milk are necessary for the health of the scalp and hair. Milk contains Lactic Acid which is also necessary for the healthy and luscious hair. If applied externally on the hair and scalp, milk reduces hair fall. So make sure to use this simple but effective hair loss cure using milk.
8. Neem Leaves
Neem leaves are known to cure infections and eczema. They are also considered one of the most important home remedies for hair loss.
- Boil Neem leaves in some water. After shampooing rinse your hair with that water. Thius will make your scalp healthy and will make sure that the scalp is free of all infectioins, dandruff and other diseases. If the scalp will be healthy, the hair growing from the scalp will be healthy too.
7. Get Enough Sleep
48 to 10 hours of sleep is necessary for the human body. The healthy body needs adequate sleep for all its systems to work properly. Proper sleep ensures adequate supply of oxygen to the brain and its cells. The brain then sends healthy signals to the scalp to maintain its health and healthy scalp means healthy hair. Proper sleep is an effective way and an important hair loss treatment.
6. Reduce Daily Intake Of Caffeine
Caffeine is present in beverages like tea and coffee. Caffeine causes the scalp to lose grip towards hair. It weakens the hair follicles. As the hair follicles are weakened the hair tends to fall. It is better that you replace the caffeinated beverages with green tea, which stimulates the cells of the scalp and causes hair growth as well. Caffeine is also a known cause of hair loss in women. If you do not like green tea, then you can simply replace tea and coffee with milk or flavored milk.
5. Indulge In Sports Activities
Sports activities make the body active. They promote the circulation of blood. Blood transports oxygen to the body parts. When blood with adequate oxygen is supplied to the scalp, it keeps the scalp healthy and nourished. Sports activities also keep the rest of the body healthy by promoting muscle movement. This will affect your overall health not only the health of your hair. Exercise and sports activates are an important part of your hair loss treatment.
4. Massage Your Scalp
If you are a working lady and you cannot afford to apply oil to your hair every other day, keep the oil ritual for the weekends. In natural home remedies for hair loss, this one is one of the best one to stop hair fall. Before going to bed, give a daily of five to ten minutes to your scalp. You can do this by inserting the tips of your fingers in the hair. When your hair reach the scalp, dry massage them. Move your fingers in circular motions. This will stimulate your scalp and will ensure more blood flow through the scalp. More blood flow will help the stimulation of hair follicles.
3. Rinse Hair With Lemon Water
After you have washed your hair, rinse your hair with lemon water. It is an effective hair loss cure you can use at home. Lemon water can be prepared by adding one lemon to a liter of water. The last rinse of this water will balance the pH of the scalp which will ensure proper nutrition to the scalp and will make the scalp healthy. The healthy scalp will make sure that the hair fall is reduced and the hair growth is improved. The lemon water rinse is also proven for shiny and lustrous hair. Models and Hollywood stars practice this as their hair stylists recommend this water treatment.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
2. Yogurt Application
Yogurt is rich in proteins and calcium. It has essential nutrients which are necessary for the nutrition of the hair. Yogurt or Curd can be taken orally to promote hair growth and it can also be applied on the hair. Because of its amazing benefits for hair, it is one of the most used home remedies for hair loss.
- Beat an egg yolk until it becomes foamy. Then add a teaspoon of olive oil and 3 to 4 tablespoons of curd or yogurt. This will make the hair look very shiny and soft.
- Yogurt can be applied by mixing it with honey as well.
- Yogurt masks are applied to cure dandruff and other scalp problems like eczema etcetera. Dandruff and eczema can be a cause of hair fall. Hair fall can be greatly reduced if you have these problems and you use curd to relieve them.
1. Be Gentle With Wet Hair
Wet hair has weakened roots as water is absorbed by the hair follicles. Try not to comb wet hair. Let them hair air dry. Brushing in wet hair is one of the main causes of hair loss in women. If you do not believe in this myth, try washing your hair and brushing your hair. Save the hair that comes in your hair brush. Let the hair dry and brush again. See the difference in hair fall yourself.
And try using a wide toothed comb for combing your hair and making them tangle free. You can later brush your hair after you are sure that there are no more tangles in the hair. This will lead to less hair fall and less hair breakage too.
- If you have chosen a remedy, be consistent in applying that to see positive result. A onetime application will not give you the results that you desire.”
- Do not apply hair oil for more than one night as this will weaken the hair follicles.
- Do not wash your hair with hot water. Use cold or a little warm hair to wash your hair.