Having healthy, smooth and shiny hair is every woman’s wish. Whether long, short or medium, straight or curly, having hair that is smooth and silky always gives a good feel.But very few people possess naturally smooth and silky hair. Most women have got dull, dry and damaged hair, which is often the result of excessive use of harmful hair care products, over-exposure to sunlight, regular use of hair dyes, serums, high amount of mineral and chlorine in water, and exposure to heating tools such as blow dryers and straighteners. Other factors may include age, nutritional deficiencies, stress and not using a good shampoo/conditioner.
So, these are some of the factors that contribute to the lack of moisture and shine in your hair and make it look dry and unhealthy.Basically, the external layer of our hair consists of natural oil that keeps it healthy and moist for a long time. But when this layer gets damaged, the hair becomes dry, dull and brittle.
Although many people use a number of branded shampoos and conditioners to get smooth, soft and shiny hairstyles, these products do not give permanent results and can turn out to be harmful in the long run. So, rather than using such harmful products, they should try other safe alternatives to get permanently smooth and healthy hair.
Luckily, it is possible to permanently bring back the shine and softness of the hair with the help of some simple and natural home remedies/treatments which won’t cost you a single penny.The best thing about these simple home remedies for smooth and shiny hair is that they’re inexpensive, easy to make and you can easily find the ingredients in your own kitchen so you know what you’re applying to your hair.So, even if you don’t have enough money, you can easily achieve glossy, shiny, and smooth hair easily at your home without going for the expensive salon hair treatments.
Given below are the best 15 most effective home remedies regarding how do you make your hair grow smoothly and shiny hair. Try them out to repair your damaged hair at home and get a healthy and glossy look that you have ever dreamed of!
15. Coconut oil
One of the simplest and easiest home remedies for shiny hair is the use of coconut oil. If you’re wondering how to get shiny hair naturally, just start using coconut oil. By applying coconut oil on a regular basis, you can retain the moisture and shine of your dull hair.Some of the coconut oil home remedies to get shiny and smooth hair are given below:
- Take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Add some curry leaves to it. Heat it until it gets warm. Leave it for some time so that it cools down. Gently massage the oil on your hair and scalp.Cover your head with a warm towel or a shower cap and leave it for at least 30 minutes. Then wash off with a normal shampoo.
- Applying lukewarm coconut oil from root to tips also makes your hair healthy, silky and smooth. Massage it for a couple of minutes and then cover your hair for 30 minutes with a towel or a shower cap.After that, wash your hair with using a mild shampoo and conditioner.
You can use any of these remedies once or twice a week, depending on the condition of your hair. Also, you can do the same procedure using other oils such as olive oil, almond or castor oil.
14. Hot Oil Treatments
One of the best home remedies for smooth and shiny hair is hot oil treatment. It is the best way to learn how to get healthy hair using natural oils. There are a number of essential oils that you can use such as olive, coconut, jojoba, lavender, almond, castor, rosemary, mint, sandalwood, chamomile, and lavender. Massage your hair once in a week with any of these oils to get that smooth and shiny hair you’ve always craved for. Performing a hot oil massage not only makes your hair healthy and smooth, but also helps to relax yourself. For excellent results, you can also use a combination of these oils. The steps for hot oil treatment for dry hair are as follows:
- Take 4 tablespoons of any of the above mentioned oils, for example, coconut oil (you can adjust the amount of oil according to the length of your hair).
- Gently heat the oil in a panuntil it gets warm (not too hot).
- Add any other essential oil, such as lavender, to it.
- Massage the mixture gently into your hair and scalp. Make sure to cover every part of your hair from root to tip.
- Next, cover your hair with a shower cap for sometime. Then, wrap a warm towel and leave it for at least 20 minutes. This will help in proper penetration of the mixture into the pores of your hair.
- Rinse with water and then wash off with shampoo.
The hot oil treatment works wonders; you’ll be simply astonished with the results. If performed regularly once in a week, this treatment adds shine and permanently restores the moisture to your dry and damaged hair.After sometime, you’ll find that your hair has become much healthier and less weak or brittle.
Avocado is a fruit that contains a lot of good nutrients that nourish and deeply moisturize your hair. Avocado is extremely useful for dry and damaged hair, as it helps to turn your damaged hairinto smooth, shiny and healthy ones. Learn how to get shiny hair using avocado this way:
- Take one peeled and mashed ripe avocado and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl. Mix it well. If you have dyed hair, then use jojoba or sweet almond oil instead of olive oil as it can lighten the color of your dyed hair. Apply the mixture on wet hair (not too wet), from root to tips. Cover your hair with a shower cap for at least 20-30 minutes and then wash off the hair mask with water and shampoo afterwards.
- Take one mashed ripe avocado and mix it well with one mashed banana and half tablespoon of sweet almond oil. Apply this paste on your scalp, massage and spread it all over your hair covering the scalp from roots to ends. Put your head inside a shower cap and keep it there for as long as 30 minutes. Finally, rinse with warm water and then shampoo as usual.
Quick link = Benefits of Avocados
12. Egg Pack/Mask
You must have heard about the egg pack or egg mask. The egg hair mask is the best solution to have smooth and shiny hair instantly. It is one of the best treatments you can do at home if you want to know how to healthy hair hair easily. No matter if you have dry, damaged or dull hair; the egg pack can do wonders within no time.Eggs contain a high level of proteins and other nutrients such as fatty acids which help provide moisture and shine to your hair and restore the damaged hair instantly. The egg pack also helps in making your hair thick, healthy, and bouncy, and adds body and texture to it.You can follow either of the below given egg hair treatments once in a week to get smooth and shiny hair:
- In a small bowl, beat one egg until you get a foamy consistency. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, honey and cream and mix well together until it becomes a smooth paste. Apply the paste all over your hair including the scalp. Leave it until it gets dry. Then rinse off with a normal shampoo and cool water.
- Whisk 2 eggs until you get a foamy mixture. Add 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil and half cup yogurt. Mix well to get a paste. Apply the paste on your hair, covering the roots and ends. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it to dry for at least 30 minutes. Then wash off with cool water and shampoo afterwards.
11. Mayonnaise Hair Mask
You can also try the mayonnaise hair mask to get smooth and shiny hair at home naturally. Mayonnaise consists of amino acids, powerful antioxidants and proteins that help stimulate healthy hair growth. You can use this hair pack regularly once a week by following some simple and easy steps:
- Take half to one cup mayonnaise (as required for your hair length) and add 2 teaspoons of avocado paste. Mix it well.
- Apply the mixture on moist hair, starting from the crown till the ends.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Wash your hair thoroughly after an hour with cold water and a shampoo.
Gelatin contains hydrolyzed protein that is best to treat damaged hair. Regular use of gelatin can make your hair silky, smooth and extra shiny. You just to need to follow some easy steps:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of gelatin in a cup of warm water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and some drops of essential lavender oil.
- Apply this mixture on your hair, covering the entire scalp.
- Leave it there for around 10 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.