The abnormal growth of tissues, endometrial cells, outside the uterus, is called endometriosis. It is a painful disorder, chronic disease that is occurred to most of the women. The growth of endometriosis involves abdomen on the ovaries, the outer surface of the uterus, bowel, tissue lining your pelvis and the area between the vagina. It is also said to be a gynecological condition, which affects millions of the girls and women around the world. As the women gets hormonal influence, the tissue bleeds in conjunction with the menstrual periods each month, resulting in severe pain and formation of scars and adhesion.
Life of a woman gets really affected with the growth of endometrial tissues. It causes severe pain before and after menstrual period, it also raise several fertility problems for married women. Women suffering with endometriosis are most likely to get 87% depression and 88% of anxiety. Some researchers also come up with a conclusion that women who drink alcohol are more likely to have endometriosis as it puts heavy strain on the liver. Even the women, who have low diets in anti-oxidants, can also be the sufferers of the disease. Due to severe endometriosis pain, women are most likely to get these endometriosis symptoms;
- Painful periods
- Painful intercourse
- Infertility problems
- Anxiety and depression
- Heavy or irregular bleeding
- Painful bowel movements
- Swollen abdomen
- Lower back pain
- Multiple mood swings
- Digestive problems(including vomiting, nausea, constipation and diarrhea)
To control the severe pain and for improving health conditions, caused by endometriosis, try following home remedies;
“Infertility problems and abdominal pain are the major sufferings that a woman with endometriosis has to tolerate. When there is abnormal growth of endometrial cells inside and outside the uterus, it results in endometriosis.”
15. Pelvic Massage
When a woman suffers with abdominal pain, she is in utter need to get instant relief from horrific pain, which is killing her internally. Pelvic massage can give you relief from endometriosis and its symptoms. It is important for women to do massage on pelvic area and lower abdomen. It is a therapeutic endometriosis treatment for movement of muscles, blood and toxins. You can see guidance from a trained therapist, if you cannot go for pelvic massage.
- Essential oil like lavender or olive oil can be used for pelvic massage or lower abdomen massage. The sandalwood oil will also provide relaxation if used for massage.
- Stretch your body on a comfortable floor mat.
- Apply the oil on the lower side of stomach.
- Massage in circular motion for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Keep massage treatment once in a day.
If you are going through menstrual cycle, avoid massage treatment on those particular days.
The yellow powder in your kitchen cabinet can give you relief from inflammation and pain. Turmeric is known to be anti-inflammatory pain relief due to presence of Alpha linolenic acid containing omega-3 acids thatcould be helpful in reducing pain and inflammation during endometriosis. The presence of cur cumin in turmeric is extremely beneficial for treating the painful disorder as cur cumin can improve the immune system, helpful in hormone balancing and reduce inflammation. Make sure to include turmeric in your endometriosis diet.
Quick link = Turmeric benefits
- With intake of turmeric, women suffering with endometriosis can observe positive changing moods due to presence of cur cumin.
13. Chamomile Tea
12. Dandelion Roots
The pain associated with endometriosis can be cured from chamomile. It is an herb that is used for various health benefits and known for reducing inflammation. Stomach troubles and difficulties can be lessening to extent with the intake of chamomile tea. The herb has also anti-inflammation property to treat pain internally. Low anxiety levels and stress can also be prevented from intake of chamomile tea. To reduce endometriosis symptoms, follow these steps:
- The herb can be taken in the form of capsules or tinctures.
- Tea from chamomile can be made from 2 to 3 tablespoon of chamomile leaves into boiling water and let it boil for 10 minutes. The strain the liquid or tea.
Precaution: It should be kept in mind that sometimes-particular medication with chamomile can give reactions.
One of the natural remedy for treating endometriosis is to make use of dandelion roots. The effective dandelion roots may not appeal you from its appearance but are beneficial in health conditions. It can lessen the estrogen, improves immune system, provide antioxidants and detox the bladder. The tea prepared from dandelion roots is also effective for liver functioning. To use it as an effective endometriosis treatment, do this:
- Steep those yellow flowers in hot boiling water for ten minutes. Drain the liquid and enjoy the dandelion root tea.
- Dandelion root tea might taste bitter to your mouth; you can add honey to it.
11. Castor Oil
That isright; castor oil is great for endometriosis. The important benefit of using castor oil is that it stimulates the lymphatic system. The oil has been used from many long times for treating several health and skin conditions because the oil has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. There are multiple other benefits as it strengthens the immune system and make women strong to fight endometriosis. All these amazing benefits make it an important endometriosis treatment.
Castor oil on application to skin helps to
- Relief pain
- Improves digestion
- Cyst in ovaries
- Bad liver conditions
- Improving intestinal disease
How To Apply?
- Spread the castor oil in small quantity on the abdomen.
- Allow it to rest for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Then wipe off the oil.
10. Warm And Cold Bath
Sits bath are most common and effective treatment for women fighting with internal pains in lower abdomen. Women with pain are recommended to take sit bath, in contrast of hot and cold water. By soaking the body in hot water, you will get relaxed and relief from pain. With cold water, the sit bath will be effective in reducing the inflammation. Adding few drops of essential oil or rosewater can also be helpful. You’ll immediately feel reduction in endometriosis symptoms.
- Fill 2 bathing tub, one with cold water and other with warm water.
- Put few drops of essential oil and rosewater.
- Soak your body 2 minutes in warm water and repeat the same for cold water.
- Repeat the process for five rounds.
- You can take this bath three times in a week.
9. Intake Of Vitamin B
Several internal disease or health disorders are occurred due to deficiency of vitamins and minerals. It is true that vitamin B helps women in endometriosis. The important functioning of vitamin B is detoxing of liver, which is significant for secretion of cholesterol. The intake of vitamin B is also helpful for red blood cells, strong immune system, digestive system and inflammation. So make sure to include it in your endometriosis diet.
- If you do not want to suffer the fatigue and symptoms of endometriosis, take vitamin B must.
- You can intake it through foods and supplements.
Supplements should be taken on prescription by doctors.
“It is one of the gynecological conditions, in which pelvic pain is most obvious symptom, which occurred before and after menstrual cycle. Indigestion and poor reproductive system trap women in depression, anxiety and fatigue.”
8. Regular Exercise
If you are suffering with endometriosis then it is highly recommended that you maintain energy levels in your body by performing some physical activities. One should go for stretching at first, it may include abdominal, pelvic, and hip and back stretching. With massaging, it is of equal importance that you go for regular exercises for relaxation and fresh breathing. The regular exercise is recommended as an effective endometriosis treatment.
- You can seek guidance from physical therapist at home.
The trained therapist will provide you the proper posture that helps in movement of muscles and body alignment.
There is extensive medical evidence that proves cannabis has strong effect in treating endometriosis and it is symptoms like fatigue, indigestion, pain and headaches. Cannabis is used for anti-inflammatory, immunoregulatory and analgesic properties. It is helpful to control cell growth and helpful in cell migration.
The use of cannabis is effective in reducing inflammation and severe pains. One can take cannabis by one of the most suitable method to reduce endometriosis symptoms.
- Intake of raw cannabis juice.
- Take cannabis oil in capsules, if available in your area.
- Have cannabis tincture drops under your mouth.
- Cannabis cream or lotion, can give relief from pain.
6. Use Relaxation Technique
How important is to adopt relaxation technique when you are suffering with severe pains and other symptoms of endometriosis. Relaxation technique always works for treating pains during menstrual cycle. Women fighting with endometriosis are recommended to go for treatments or activities that keep you relaxed and stress free.
Even the massage on lower back, pelvic area and lower abdomen will make you feel comfortable and anxiety free.
5. Clay Packs
To get rid of inflammation and pains, clay packs are also recommended. To get cooling or healing effect, one can make use of clay packs on the lower abdomen and pelvic area. The effect of clay mask on the pained areas is soothing and relieving.
- Make a paste of clay and water.
- Apply it on the lower abdomen.
- Make sure you apply a thick layer.
- Cover it and allow it to get dry.
- Keep the clay paste for an hour.
4. Burdock Roots
For treating endometriosis, a gynecological condition, herbs acts as best remedies. Burdock root is mostly found in Northern Asia and in some areas of Japan. Even, it is used as a vegetable in Japan, for its multiple health benefits. You can add it in your endometriosis diet for quick effect. To help functioning of liver and metabolize the hormones, burdock root is highly effective. It maintains balance of hormones, this is the reason to use burdock root.
- Eating it as a vegetable or burdock tea can be effective for treating endometriosis.
- To quickly relieve the symptoms of endometriosis, drink two cups of burdock root tea.
Another natural herb, named motherwort, is a blessing for all of us. For better functioning of reproductive system and in women, the herb is of great benefits. The herb is also helpful in enhancing blood volume in reproductive system. Women, who suffer with endometriosis, are most like to get menstrual problems like blood clots or poor flow of blood;motherwort works effective in that case.
- You can prepare motherwort tea by adding 1 tablespoon of herb into boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Drain and enjoy the tea three times a day to reduce endometriosis symptoms.
2. Whole Food Diet
In order to maintain a healthy rich body, everybody needs to take special care about food diet. Make proper dietary changes to your diet. Choose organic diet like organic vegetables, grass fed meat and pure juices. Carefully notice your carbohydrate intake so that it balances your hormonal function. For more stability of hormones, it is important to take proper protein diet. Make sure to follow these suggestions and make all these important ingredients a part of your endometriosis diet.
Excess estrogen is also bad for your health conditions. Make a limit to body fat so that you do not be over weighted with excess fat. Include cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts) and small fish in your diet to intake rich nutrients.
1. Ice Packs
One of the easiest and safe remedy is to use ice packs on the pained areas. The application of ice packs can provide you immediate relief from pain, caused by endometriosis. The procedure is simple and effective to cure minor pains. Ice therapy has been used for treating pains with no side effects. You can go for cold ice cubes and hot bath to be used simultaneously.
- Put ice cubes in a packed bag, place the cubes on the pelvic area for 10 to 15 minutes and relax yourself.
- Apply he ice packs, as required.
- Go for all the steps to reduce anxiety and stress.
- Maintain a healthy rich diet so that it fights off the disease.
- Relax yourself by adapting latest techniques.
- Go for regular physical exercise with low efforts like walking and yoga.
- Drink filtered water or mineral water as pure water, free from chlorine.
- Avoid alcohol at first.
- Avoid pollution exposure by washing vegetables and other food.
- Do not smoke, it may cause further harm to you.
- Try to avoid eating excess animal fats.
- Eliminate non-organic meat and chicken from your diet plan.
- Remember to add fish in your diet.