It’s very irritating when you wear your favorite imitation jewelry and your hands start getting itchy so much that you finally have to remove your bracelet from your hands. It’s all because you have certainly been allergic to it. There are number things a person is allergic to. Be it dust, pet hair, latex, pollen or maybe any edible item like egg or seafood and sometimes even medicines like penicillin. Here we will be telling you a few home remedies by which you would be able to treat your allergies!
“Read and follow the simple home remedies that we are providing you with, which would surely help you fight your allergic reactions effectively.”
19. Using Air Filters
Did you know that a soiled air a cause allergies? Well yes it can. But how? It’s the soiled air that carries pollen grains with its self and makes you sneeze so many times at once. You can’t remove the pollens from the air but you can set up precautions for yourself to avoid any kind of allergies that you might not like to have. All you can do to reduce allergy symptoms is:
- Do not open the windows unless necessary
- Keep the doors closed
- Install air filtering device at your home to filter the air which enters inside.
18. Keep Your Pets Away
Do you have pets? Yes? Well, did you know that your pets are a source of allergy for you especially the furry ones. It’s lovely to cuddle your cat with those green eyes and the puppy you just got is always playful around you, but these little fellows are unaware of the fact that they are a cause of your allergies.
With this type of allergy you might start to sneeze and not only this but certain people might also fell a wheel and flare reaction that is redness on the skin followed by itchiness and rashes on the skin. Therefore a person must know that he or she must follow the simple little rules to get rid of these allergies as much as possible:
- Make a little setup for the lovely pet of yours not inside the house but make it outside.
- Clean your pets daily while wearing gloves on your hands and a mask on your face to avoid allergic reaction.
- Always and every time wash your hands properly and sanitize them after you have come in contact with your pets.
Are you often prone to have a stuffy nose? This is also caused by certain allergies. It’s very irrigating to have a red nose stuffed with mucous which blocks your sinus and causes a headache too. You might not even be able to breathe properly through the mouth and stay disturbed while sleeping. So what you can do is:
- Just before going to bed go and jump under a steamy warm shower. That would actually help with it and make your body relaxed too.
- Try taking a steam, where you just need to boil some water and cover your head along with the pot in which you have boiled some water, with a towel and lean over the pot and inhale the steam. Do it for five minutes. This would definitely help you to avoid allergic reaction.
Honey is the safest form of sugar to intake in diabetics. It is really effective in reducing allergy symptoms. Doctors recommend people to take a table spoon of honey every morning to keep themselves healthy. It’s healthy not only to treat allergies like that caused by the pollen grains but it is having a number of other health benefits like:
- Boosts energy.
- Helps in weight reduction.
- Good for cough.
- Improves digestion.
Turmeric is a yellow orange spice that has a number of benefits attached to it. In the initial era turmeric was supposed to be one those spices which were amazing to work as a healing agent for the cuts and wounds and also for the body pains.
Turmeric is a supposed to have certain anti-bacterial properties in its self which are beneficial to cut down the effect of a few allergens. So the use of turmeric is an effective DIY remedy for allergies and reduce allergy symptoms. Hence turmeric powder can be given to fight allergens. It has other advantages too like:
Quick link = Turmeric benefits
- It acts an anti-septic.
- Cuts down the cholesterol levels.
- Works to detoxifies he liver.
- Improves digestion.
14. HEPA Filters
High-efficiency particulate arrestance or HEPA is an air filter. These are the filters which cleans the air up to 97 per cent by trapping the tiny little particles sizing up to 0.3 micro meters. So people with dust or pollen allergy must set these up at homes. It can be used:
- In the vacuum cleaners.
- In the air transport, modern air lines are installing HEPA filters to keep the transport free of pathogens.
- In the cars, people can use these in the car air conditioners as well.
- In the home air conditioner.
13. Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil is derived from the dried leaves of the eucalyptus plant. The leaves are steamed and distilled to extract the oil. Eucalyptus oil is an amazing remedy to cure the blocked nose and sinuses. It is also used to cure other respiratory infections. It is very effective in controlling allergic reaction. The oil of eucalyptus is of the following uses as well:
- Muscular pain.
- Viral infections.
- Kidney stones.
12. Nettle Leaves
Histamine is a mediator which is released when an allergic reaction takes place. Young nettle leaves could be eaten as a vegetable in cooked dishes where as it’s leaves could also be taken in the form of tea to cure from the allergic reactions as nettle leaves are supposed to work as anti-histamine in nature. It can be effectively used to control allergy symptoms. Nettle leaves contain the following elements:
- It’s a good source of vitamin C A and pro vitamin A.
- It also contains calcium which is good for the bones.
- Phosphorus is also found in the nettle leaves..
11. Spicy Food
Could be a myth but some people do believe in it that eating spicy and strong tasting food can help fight the blocked nasal passage. Spicy food like:
- Chili pepper.
- Fresh garlic.
- Dijon mustard.
Can help with issue of blocked nose caused due any allergy or bacterial infections.
“Getting those itchy little red colored patches on your skin? Don’t worry as now we will provide you with the most effective home remedies that would help to reduce your allergic reactions to a great level.”
Querectin is an anti-histamine agent which is found in foods like broccoli, lemon and other citrus food items. Body when gets in touch with allergens tends to produce an allergic reaction. This allergic reaction causes redness and rashes due to the production of histamine. Therefore quercetin helps to reduce the production of histamine hence reducing the allergic reaction.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar might not be good to taste but it is an ages old remedy to cure a variety of health conditions. As apple cider vinegar works amazing to reduce the mucous production and clean the lymphatic system therefore it is good for allergies. It is a known treatment for reducing allergy symptoms. Its other uses could be:
- Weight loss.
- Aids in digestion.
- Prevents flu.
- Lowers the blood pressure.
- Helps to stop nose bleeding.
8. Saline Water Rinses
A teaspoon of salt dissolved in a quart of distilled water is an amazing remedy to flush out the sinus allergens. So whenever you feel irritated by the allergens that have blocked your nose badly try using this very simple tip to flush out the allergens from your nose and your sinuses.
- Take a little quantity of the saline water that you just made in your palm ( if you do not have a dropper).
- suck it in one of your nostril.
- Block the same nostril with your finger.
- push out the water through the other nostril with pressure.
- Do this repeatedly until the water finishes. It is really effective to prevent allergic reaction.
Our body contains friendly bacteria as well as pathogenic bacteria. Friendly ones are helpful to increase the immunity of the body and make it stronger. Fermented food and drinks like yogurt and kombucha etc are the ones that contain probiotics which are healthy for the body as they boost up the good bacteria in the body that help fight the allergens. Hence probiotics help the immune system to boost up, get stronger and reduce allergy symptoms.
Butterbur contains antihistamine properties. This quality makes butterbur to fight the allergic reactions nicely. Butterbur is not only used for allergies like that of pollen but butterbur can also be used for problems like migraine and asthma.
5. Wearing A Mask
Wearing a mask can help you if not completely than partially for sure. When stepping out of the house or just having a relaxing stroll through the garden area you must wear a mask around your nose and mouth in order to avoid inhaling the dust, dirt and even pollens.
4. Make Your Surroundings Tidy
You might not have time to clear the clutter every other day but try and take out time in every ten days to dump out the mess which had been hovering over. This would help clean the area around you well hence there would be very less chances for the dust to make its home on your books or the cute little stuffed toys of your little one. Hence from now make it a habit of cleaning your clutter twice every month.
3. Fish Oil
Leukotrienes in the body work to increase the allergy. Fish oil is a very effective remedy for curing the allergies like that of asthma as fish oil is used to cut down the production of leukotrienes. Make sure to use it to avoid allergic reaction.
Note: fish oil does not suit every one hence people allergic to fish oil must avoid it.
2. Say No To Smoking
Smoking is injurious to health. It gradually destroys the lungs acting as a slow poison. People should avoid smoking especially if they are allergic to smoke and fumes as it can aggravate the allergic reaction in them.
1. Bug Free Bed Sheets
It’s recommended to dust off your bed sheets every time you sit on them especially before going to bed at night. Bed bugs which might cause allergy could be hidden in your bed sheets so dusting off your sheets might help you with that.
Tips to follow
- Get yourself tested for the allergens, to which your body would react.
- If you’re allergic to latex do not let the doctor wear them to for it might touch your skin and in severe cases it might cause a reaction that could choke to death.
- Always tell your doctors to with drugs you are allergic to for e.g. some people are allergic to penicillin.