Since quite some time it was determined in the minds of the people that males are more prone to be hit by stomach ulcer as compared to females. The mindset was established according to the factors that spicy foods, alcohol and stress in a man’s life lead to the suffering from this illness. However, this is absolutely wrong! Women fall prey to stomach ulcer as much as men do and there are other elements along one’s daily lifestyle routine which causes such burning sensations within them.
Stomach ulcer is also known as peptic or gastric ulcers which are uncluttered sores in the stomach lining. These sorts of ulcers are immensely hurting and painful because of the presence of acid in there. They’re commonly a consequence of a bacterium known as Helicobacter pylori which tunnels through the stomach’s protective mucous coating and both the bacteria along with the stomach ulcer lead to sensitive lining breathing resulting in the formation of ulcers. Moreover, it can be caused by heredity factors and through the use of pain killers and anti-inflammatory pills. Below are quite a number of home remedies that have been gathered for you so that you can make use of them and get rid of this good for nothing illness of stomach ulcer.
15. Cabbage Juice
The beneficial bacteria in one’s body results in keeping an eye over any bacteria’s that may lead to diseases resulting in an ulcer. This can be done by making cultured and lactic acid fermented foods a part of your diet, such as yoghurt, green vegetables and buttermilk. Moreover, cabbage is considered as the perfect home remedy to treat a stomach ulcer as it’s known to be a lactic acid food which encourages the flow of the blood towards the stomach lining. Consequently, it empowers the stomach lining and helps in curing the ulcer which was present there.
Moreover, cabbage is a great basis for Vitamin C which can act as an amazing remedy to help combat against stomach ulcer quite effectively. For this purpose a cabbage juice is required which was initially known to avert peptic or duodenal cancers before antibiotics came into being. You can extract a cabbage juice by,
- Blend together one half of cabbage and two carrots.
- Next, drink this juice before bedtime.
- Continue drinking it for a few weeks until you feel at some ease in stomach ulcer symptoms, but remember to drink fresh juice.
So it isn’t just Winnie-the-Pooh who should love honey but everyone else too. This should be as so because honey is extremely beneficial for one’s health, skin and hair as well. Moreover it’s an effective home remedy to treat ulcer due to its two components. Firstly, the presence of glucose oxidase which slays the harmful bacteria’s that lead to the initiation of ulcer. Secondly, floral antibacterial substances lead to a stronger effectiveness of the honey in order to eradicate bacteria. It can be used by,
- Taking 2 tbsp. of honey each day without any absences to get rid of stomach ulcers.
- Furthermore, when it starts to get cured you can swap those 2 tbsp. with just 1 per day.
By reading the heading you might be thinking that what a fool is the writer that she’s pushing me to eat hot chili peppers on a stomach which is filled with burning sensations because of the ulcer in it. However, what you wouldn’t be aware of is the fact that hot chili peppers don’t lead to a gastric ulcer but generate mechanisms that provides a shield for the stomach lining. Moreover, a capsaicin intake lowers down the acid formation of the stomach and,
- Acts as an antacid.
- Protects the stomach against ulcers which are an output of anti-inflammatory drugs and alcohol.
- So, don’t let go off that Jalapeno burger on the menu card next time you visit a restaurant.
Licorice is known to be a readily available home remedy for treating a stomach ulcer. It’s known to be so because it works towards the stomach and intestine to produce strong and safeguarding mucus which creates a formation of coating on the stomach lining. Consequently, this brings a much more comfort to the ill and helps in curing it altogether. To use this effective stomach ulcer treatment, all you need to do is,
- Drink licorice tea twice a day for a week.
- Chew licorice tablets in the same amount and for the same period of time.
- Mix half teaspoon of licorice powder in water and let it remain overnight. Next morning, add broken white rice into the mixture and eat it.
Don’t you just love the zestful taste of a coconut and its sweet and attractive smell? Well I certainly do though. It’s due to this that girls are head over heels for coconut products are have a collection of all coconut based products from moisturizers, to body butters and till body mists. Moreover, coconuts are known to be one of the most used home remedies which provide a cure for ulcer as well. It can heal stomach ulcer patients because it consists of antibacterial qualities within itself and kills the bacterium that leads to this illness. All that needs to be done is,
- Drink fresh coconut milk or coconut water daily for at least about a week to reduce stomach ulcer symptoms.
- Or, have one tbsp. of coconut oil before going to bed and after waking up. Furthermore, it can be easily digested too so you don’t need to worry about that.
Aren’t bananas almost everyone’s favorite? Definitely mine though! A Banana is known to be one of the most vital amongst all the fruits as it provides as it sums up to at least 90percent of water when one eats it. Moreover, both ripe and unripe bananas can be effectively used to treat ulcers as they push upwards the mucus in the digestive tract which leads to a solid protective coating in combating against ulcers. They even sway away the acidity of gastric juices. They can be used to treat ulcer in the following manner,
- Eat three ripe bananas a day and alternate it with banana shakes too to get rid of stomach ulcers.
- Or peel 2-3 of them, cut them into slices and let them dry in the sun.
- Next, grind the dried banana pieces and make a powder out them.
- Mix 2 tbsp. of this powder with 1 tbsp. of honey and take it thrice a day for at least three weeks for a positive outcome.
9. Fenugreek Leaves
Humans are blessed by God by having Fenugreek because it’s one of God’s creations which have great healing components and provides loads of merits for one’s health too. It can be used for a wide range of purposes inclusive of stomach ulcers. Fenugreek acts as a shield for the lining of the stomach and coats against it just like mucus which will further lead to its immediate healing. The steps that need to be carried out to use it as an effective stomach ulcer treatment are listed below,
- Boil one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in around two cups of water.
- Drink it later.
- Or boil one cup of fenugreek leaves and add honey to it.
- Eat it later.
- Apart from these two you can also have fenugreek seed powder with milk.
8. Crushed Garlic Cloves
Garlic isn’t just used for culinary purposes or is found to be effective only for a better skin but to cure stomach ulcer as well. As the bacterium Helicobacter pylori were mentioned above, garlic keeps an eye on them as well as their overgrowth can result in the development of a stomach ulcer. So all you need to do is,
- Crush 2-3 garlic cloves.
- Eat them.
- Later, drink a glass of water.
- Continue this daily for a while until you feel ease in stomach ulcer symptoms and are at comfort.
7. Increase Your Fiber
If you’re suffering from an ulcer then here’s a quick tip for you, include those things in your diet that are rich in fiber and protein because it’ll keep your health intact and help you feel strong and good. However, a diet which is rich in processed grains deprives one from an intake of fiber and proteins and can cause stomach ulcers. To increase fiber in your body you should eat green vegies,
- Brussels sprouts.
6. Wood Apple
Wood apple refers to various different trees which have edible fruits and its leaves which are called bael are good healers of a stomach ulcer. These leaves consist of tannins which become a protecting shield against damage from secretion of surplus acid. Its juice helps a great deal in combating against ulcers; the juice can be used for stomach ulcer treatment and can be extracted by,
- Soaking 2-3 wood apple leaves in water overnight.
- Next morning when you wake up, drink it before eating/drinking anything else i.e. on an empty stomach,
- Continue doing this daily for a few weeks to attain quick and positive results.
5. Slippery Elm
This one of the many home remedies used to cure a stomach ulcer. Its inner bark soothes and calms down the burning sensation and pain. Moreover, the mucilage found in it eradicates the fats stored in the intestines. All you need to do is, grind the inner bark and form a powder of it. Next, mix it in a cup of water and drink it later. Drink it regularly to reduce the stomach ulcer symptoms.
4. Vitamin E
All sorts of nutrients, minerals, fibers, proteins and vitamins are essential for one’s health. Amongst several other vitamins, Vitamin E works quite efficiently in helping an ill cure stomach ulcer. Moreover, according to a study stomach ulcers can be cured within 4-6 days through a vitamin E intake. It even leads to,
- Intestinal repairs.
- Weight gain.
- Healthy body.
- Healthy organs.
3. Un-sip On Milk
To all you ladies, who are prone to drinking warm milk while going to bed at night or use it as a part of your morning breakfast, slow it down if you’re complaining of stomach ulcer. You must be thinking that milk has been used as a remedy to neutralize stomach acid but according to scientific research this isn’t the case as calcium rich foods lead to a growth of stomach acid and can increase stomach ulcer symptoms.
- Proteins of the milk are beneficial for the ill.
- But, its calcium element isn’t.
2. Control Stress
Being a female, I can completely relate to the stress levels and phases of depression and paranoia you might be going through. But just a simple piece of advice, nothing’s going to change by your worrying and it’ll only get worse. So for things to get better and work towards your favor learn to develop an optimistic approach. It’s difficult at first but once you get the hang of it you’re good to go! Always wear that invisible crown over your head and no one will dare to make you feel less of the person you are, not even yourself. You can try by,
- Taking stress management classes.
- Doing yoga.
- Drawing and writing.
- Going out for a morning walk.
- In short, do all the things that make you indulge in other activities apart from your daily and monotonous routine and the one’s which helps to keep you happy.
1. Eat Healthy And Wisely
All you’re required to do is eat healthy and wisely. Eating healthy food and avoiding unhealthy one is one of the best stomach ulcer treatment you can use. You shall distribute three major meals of the day into smaller meals that you can munch on throughout the day. This clearly doesn’t mean that I’m pushing you to take up a Soomo wrestler’s diet or to over eat but just to have food present in your stomach in order to protect it against gastric juices. Try to snack on foods, cucumber and carrot sticks and whole-wheat biscuits and crackers too.
- Indulge in mind relaxing activities.
- When you self-medicate, do it with utter care and vigilance.
- Test your food limitation by eliminating spicy food from your diet.
- Have banana as an essential part of your diet.
- Eat healthy and stay healthy.
- Stay away from smoking and even passive smoking.
- Decrease your intake of hard drinks like alcohol.
- Don’t munch on too much on unhealthy food that can make you sick.
- Stay away from pessimism and even pessimistic people.