Papayas are bright colored fruits that have several health benefits. This exotic fruit is widely known for the advantages that it provides the human body which is also commonly referred to as the ‘fruit of the angels’.
Papayas are deliciously sweet in taste. The good news is that they are available all throughout the year so you will not need to stock up on them. Papayas provide benefits to the skin, hair and to the general health of the body. It is a good source of various vitamins and minerals such as potassium and magnesium. It is also rich in fibers.
“Papaya is a wonderful fruit that has numerous health benefits. Here are top 20 reasons why you should incorporate papayas in your diet.”
20. A Good Fruit For Diabetics
Papayas are a great fruit for diabetic patients. They are naturally sweet and have low sugar content along with a low glycemic index. This property makes it the perfect fruit for people with diabetes.
Diabetic patients mostly crave for sweet and sugary foods every now and then, but their health condition prevents them from consuming such food. Papayas are an amazing alternative. They have only benefits and no harm. Normal healthy individuals can also consume papayas to prevent diabetes.
19. Reduces The Risk Of Cancer
Papayas have been linked with the prevention of prostate cancer and colon cancer. Studies show that this link is due to the presence of high amounts of beta carotene in the papayas.
Papayas also contain various antioxidants and flavonoids. Therefore, it prevents the cells from undergoing mutations and damage.
Everyone should incorporate papayas in their diet.
- Start the day with some papaya juice.
- Cut the papaya into small cubes and add them into your salad or fruit bowl.
- If you do not like the taste of papaya then you should add it into your smoothie, the taste will then not be as pronounced.
Some studies show that green tea also helps prevent cancer. You should switch your regular tea with some green tea.
18. Reduces Stress
Papayas are a wholesome fruit. Refresh yourself and your body with some papaya drink if you feel yourself being stressed or mentally tired. Papayas contain a high content of vitamin C and several other nutrients that provide lots of energy to the body.
To make the drink you will need to,
- Dice half of the papaya into small pieces.
- Add a quarter cup of pineapple juice and 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- Also add in 2 teaspoons honey and half a cup of cold water.
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender or food processor.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Enjoy you papaya drink.
17. Weight Loss
Papayas help in weight loss just like most other fruit. They are not going to miraculously make you lose five or ten pounds overnight. Like all other weight loss regimens, this also requires you to exercise and have lots of patience.
Papayas help make you feel full for a longer period of time. They help in bowel movement and contain many healthy fibers. Papayas are very low in calories as well. This makes it the perfect fruit for you to munch on when you feel hungry.
A papaya diet does not mean that you consume papayas as your only food source; it means that you incorporate large amounts of papayas in your diet along with other healthy foods.
16. Helps Reduce Inflammation
Papayas provide many benefits to the skin. One of those benefits is that they reduce inflammation and redness. Raw papaya can be used to treat skin inflammation.
- Slice your raw papaya into thin pieces.
- Rub the papaya slice onto your skin.
- Wear old clothes during the application as it can get messy.
- Wash your skin with lukewarm water.
Repeat this procedure once or twice daily until the inflammation is gone.
15. Brightens The Skin
Papayas are very famous for their skin brightening properties; they remove discoloration and provide the face with a natural glow. Papayas are also used as the main ingredient in many skin brightening cleansers available in the market.
- Dice a quarter or half of the papaya.
- Mash the papaya using a fork or spoon.
- You can add milk if you want the paste to be thin. This step is optional.
- Apply the raw papaya paste on your face for 10 minutes.
- Wash with water and pat the face dry.
You will see a very notable difference from the first application.
14. Hydrates The Skin
Papaya is a very good hydrating agent; it provides the skin with elasticity and suppleness. You can make a simple and easy mask with papaya and honey to get soft hydrated skin.
- Mash a quarter of the papaya.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey to the mashed papaya.
- Mix the two ingredients together until well combined.
- Apply the papaya and honey paste on your face.
- Leave the paste on your face for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
Apply this easy mask on your face when your skin feels dull and dehydrated.
13. A Natural Moisturizer
Papayas act as a natural moisturizer. They provide the skin with a lot of softness. A lot of the times our skin becomes cracked and dull, that is when papayas come into use. They easily help turn rough skin into smooth.
Papayas can help treat cracked heels.
- Mash a small amount of papaya.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of milk cream in the mashed papayas.
- Apply the thick paste over your cracked heels.
- Wash with lukewarm water after 15 minutes.
Continue this treatment until your heels become soft and smooth.
“Are you looking for a wholesome fruit that provides skin, hair and health benefits? Use papayas daily in your diet to achieve a notable difference.”
12. Skin Tightening Agent
Papayas help minimize pores and tighten the skin. It prevents the skin from becoming saggy and weak.
- Mash half of a papaya.
- Mix the mashed papaya with honey and rice-flour.
- Apply the paste on your skin for 20 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
Apply this mask on your face at least once a week.
11. Reduces Signs Of Aging
Signs of aging can be delayed using papayas. They contain high levels of beta carotene, vitamin A and C which help brighten the skin and make it look ten times younger.
We all want youthful glowing skin, and now you can achieve it by simply adding papayas to your diet.
10. Helps Boost The Immune System
Papayas provide immunity to the body. They boost up your immune system and prevent flu’s and common colds from developing inside your body.
This function is due to the presence of vitamin A and C, both of which are necessary for the immune system to fight against diseases.
9. Gets Rid Of Dandruff
Papayas are very useful when it comes to hair care. They provide numerous benefits to the skin and now they are widely known for their contribution towards healthy hair. They help in treating dandruff and an itchy scalp.
- Mash half a papaya.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the mashed papaya.
- Mash well so that no chunks remain and it forms a paste.
- Apply the paste on damp hair for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash using a mild shampoo.
8. Prevents Hair Loss
Nobody likes losing their hair. Becoming bald is every woman’s nightmare. Papayas are rich in nutrients and vitamins that help boost hair growth.
You can make a papaya paste and apply it directly on your damp hair or you can increase the intake of papaya in your diet. Both methods work just as well.
7. Provides The Hair With Strength
Papayas provide the hair with strength. They reduce hair thinning and help you in achieving thick silky strands of hair.
- Include papayas in your diet.
- Juice your papaya or use it in a smoothie.
- Drink it regularly.
- Incorporate other fruits as well.
You will gradually start to see a change in your hair.
6. Healthy Hair
Every woman wants long and healthy hair. It is fun to play with different hairstyles and not worry about applying heat in order to style it every day.
Papaya helps strengthen your hair and prevents it from easy breakage. You can apply papaya in the form of a hair mask.
- Blend a cup of papaya with 1 banana.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 cup of yogurt.
- Blend all the ingredients together again until they for a paste.
- Apply the hair mask on damp hair.
- Leave the mask in your hair for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash using a mild shampoo.
Apply this easy and effective hair mask once or twice each week for best results.
5. Controls Menstrual Pain
Papayas help regulate the menstrual blood flow, and therefore prevent the pain that occurs during menstruation.
Help yourself to a few servings of papayas every few days if you experience regular menstrual pains. Try to eat healthy in your time of the month and avoid junk food and food that may cause you digestive problems.
If you do not like the taste of papayas, then you can mix its juice with the juice of some other fruit. It will taste great and will help control your menstrual pain.
4. Lowers Cholesterol
Cholesterol is one of the most important and major causes of all heart related problems. Cholesterol decreases the lumen of your arteries making less amount of blood flow through your blood vessels. It also increases the chances of myocardial infarctions and hypertension.
Papayas contain Vitamin C and antioxidants that prevent cholesterol from accumulating in your body. Thereby, preventing most heart related diseases.
3. Improves Eyesight
Papayas help improve eyesight. A person starts experiencing eyesight problems as he or she grows older.
The loss of eyesight can be prevented or lessened to a great degree by increasing the intake of papayas in the diet. Eating 2 to 3 servings of papaya daily will help keep your eyesight normal.
Papayas are rich in vitamin A and flavonoids that prevent macular degeneration and keep the mucus membrane in the eye healthy and intact.
2. Aids In Digestion
We tend to reach towards junk food that is easily accessible in our busy lives. We should, instead, be reaching for other healthy alternatives. Papayas and other fruits are the best healthy alternatives to junk food. They taste deliciously sweet and provide the body with numerous health benefits.
Papayas aid greatly in digestion. They improve bowel movements because of their high fiber content. They also contain a digestive enzyme that helps improve digestive health.
1. Health Of Bones
Vitamin C is a very important vitamin that is present in papayas. Studies suggest that vitamin C can be used to prevent various forms of arthritis and other bone related diseases.
Papayas are useful for bone health because they contain large amounts of vitamin C. A diet rich in papayas from an early age will prevent all sorts of bone diseases from developing. It will also contribute to the overall health of bones in normal individuals
- Incorporate papayas in your diet.
- Use papayas in smoothies and juices.
- Add small amounts of papayas in your fruit salads.
- Use hair masks made from papayas.
- Use papayas to hydrate the skin.
- Achieve smoothness by making a papaya face mask.
- Don’t lower your intake of papayas.
- Don’t eat papayas if it causes you food allergies.
- Don’t make papaya your only food source, eat other fruits as well.
- Don’t apply a face mask that causes skin irritation.
- Consult a doctor if you experience any problems regarding papayas.