Coconut oil can be easily termed as the new age’s super oil and super food. Contrary to the old belief of it being high in saturated fats has been now rectified by latest researches. Researchers now say that Coconut oil is indeed rich in MCTs that are generally abbreviated for Medium ChainTriglycerides & are said to have fatty acids ranging between medium lengths. The MCTs are metabolized differently, hence the body sources the energy and turns them into ketone bodies. These have a therapeutic impact on several brhain disorders.
There are no traces of harmful fatty acids present in coconut oil, which makes it the safest oil fit for consumption. The unique distinctive amalgamation of fatty acids present in coconut oil has proven to have extremely positive effects on health. Not only does it have astounding advantages, it is also highly beneficial for weight loss and better brain function.
Coconut oil is loaded with amazing benefits, for beauty, health and other household purposes. It should be mentioned at the top of your grocery list. That’s how wonderfully versatile it is.
Here we will cover a variety of the top most benefits of coconut oils, which covers a wide spectrum.
Following are the top 20 health benefits of coconut oil:
20. As a Cooking Oil
Start your way to a better life style and healthy eating, by using coconut oil for cooking and baking. It is one of the most amazing health benefits of coconut oil. Cook your curries or add it to your baked goods. Consumption of coconut oil is very useful. There is current study which reveals that consumption of coconut oil aids in weight loss as they are high in good cholesterol and boost up the metabolism. Coconut oil used for cooking is also very wallet friendly and tastes great too.
- Use coconut oil as a cooking oil will boost up your immune system as well as the digestive system.
- Existence of vitamins and minerals give you healthy and shiny skin.
- Vitamin E is also present in Coconut oil, which is essential for lovely strong hair.
- Lauric acid is helpful to prevent heart disease and it presents in coconut oil, so it can easily control the blood pressure and cholesterol level.
- Research proved that coconut oil is beneficial to cure the pre-menopausal in women.
19. Coconut Oil As A Coffee Creamer
Coconut oil as a coffee creamer? Who ever knew? Banish the artificial coffee creamers as we set out to give our day a jump start with coconut oil as our coffee creamer. It is one of the healthiest coconut oil benefits you can easily use every day. The secret to a frothy warm mocha cup is blending the oil and not stirring it. It’s a win-win situation when you not only boost your metabolism early morning but super charge your brain too. How awesome is that!
- The coffee which have coconut oil as an ingredient is the best to power up your immune system.
- Research proved that woman who have abdominal obesity problem should take coconut oil in morning it will cure the problem faster.
- Coconut oil is the secret to forth up your coffee and find a smooth textured coffee.
- Every women need so much energy whole day to complete multiple task so it is good to intake coconut oil in any form because it has MCTs which boost your energy level and works like a fuel in your body.
- So you can say coconut oil mixed coffee is a fuel of your body to charge it up.
18. Coconut Oil Lotion Bars
In search of soft supple skin, but cannot risk commercially manufactured lotions, due to sensitive skin? Or are you suffering from psoriasis and dermatitis? In either cases you have dry, rough and itchy skin and artificial lotions are absolutely not meant for you as they contain chemicals which can have adverse effects on your skin. In comes the coconut oil lotion bar to your rescue. Never heard of it, until now? Well you can thank us later. It is one of the important coconut oil uses in our every day life.
All you need are the following ingredients in equal amounts- coconut oil, beeswax, she a butter/ cocoa butter and a teaspoon of vitamin E oil. Just melt all the oils together in a sauce pan on the stove (leave out the vitamin e oil at this stage). Remove from the stove and add the teaspoon of vitamin E oil, stir to mix well. Pour the mixture in to a mold. Allow it cool down completely before you decide to pop it out of the mold. And there you are with your very own lotion bar.
- The homemade items are always appreciable, and when we talk about skin nourishment so coconut oil lotion bars are perfect choice.
- These coconut oil lotion bars will help to remove the pregnancy stretch marks also.
- Make these bars with Shea butter and grated beeswax and mix them with coconut oil, this will become your perfect night lotion as well.
- Also helps to cure eczema.
- Reduce the dryness, moisturize your hand after dish washing or any other home chores.
17. Natural Bug Repellent
Commercially prepared bug repellents are laced with harmful chemicals and poisonous gases such as DEET, Icaridin and Citrioldiol. These commercially made bug repellants are toxic and injurious to our health and the environment when used. A much better, safer an environment friendly option is to go for naturally made bug repellants. It may sound difficult to make, but you will be surprised to know that naturally manufactured bug repellants are safe and easy to make and are nontoxic and nature friendly.
All you need are equal amounts of coconut oil, catnip and rosemary essential oil.Place the oils on a double broiler on a gentle simmering heat. Heat them through just enough to release their fragrance, stir to mix well. Let the oils cool down and store in a spray bottle. Use wherever necessary. Here are few suggestions to enjoy benefits of coconut oil as an effective bug repellent.
- Bug repellent made up coconut oil safe, but if you use citrus oils they need bit care.
- Citrus oils contains Phototoxic which means they can easily burn your skin if they get the exposure with UV light.
- You can apply the coconut oil directly to your hands and legs if you can’t find any repellent.
- Natural bug repellent will save your skin from harsh toxins and chemicals.
- You have to apply it few time in a day because it couldn’t be last whole day.
16. Prevents Tooth Decay And Gum Disease
Tooth decay and gum disease are two of the most notorious ailments present in both children and adults. Fortunately, health benefits of coconut oil also include its use for oral health. For centuries people have used oil pulling with coconut oil to fight these conditions.Oil pulling with coconut oil has been used effectively to cleanse bacteria present in the mouth and aid in healing periodontal disease. Due to the presence of high concentration of antibacterial MCFA’s in coconut oil; it is therefore one of the most effective oils for oil pulling.
Remove oral bacteria and the risk of periodontal disease in your mouth by swirling coconut oil. Practice oil pulling with coconut oil three times a week for 20 minutes a day to heal gums and repair your teeth.
- To kill the bacteria of your mouth, oil swishing remedy is best and works impeccably.
- Plaque, a thin layer of bacteria form a biofilm which is important to clean out, the coconut oil mouth wash will help to remove them from your mouth.
- Daily wash of 2 to 3 times in a day will help to eradicate great amount of bacteria.
- At first you will not find its taste good but it is really good as compare to other oil as a remedy for gum diseases.
- The bacteria produce gases and chemicals in your mouth which are cause of bad breath, the oil swish controls the bad breath also.
15. Coconut Oil For Weight Loss
Most people advocate the use of no oils for weight loss. When indeed latest research has shown that coconut oil is highly useful for shedding the unwanted pounds. Coconut oil is rich in medium chain saturated fatty acids which boost metabolism for that surge of immediate energy. Another added benefit of the MCTs is that they do not get stored in the body as body fat. Coconut oil also helps melt abdominal fat and coverts our fat to energy.
To trim your waistline with coconut oil, simply take a tablespoon coconut oil in a mug of hot water 20 minutes before your meal time. Make sure to stir it in well. This will suppress your appetite, it will make you go for smaller portions, will help you feel full quicker and satiate your hunger. Here are some more amazing coconut oil benefits and uses for weight loss:
“The title of super food of this era can easily be awarded to Coconut oil. Not only is it highly beneficial for health, it is an excellent source of anti-oxidants, anti-bacterial agents, anti-fungal agents, and lauric acid”
- Coconut oil is thermo genic, it helps to maintain the digestive system and increases metabolism.
- Coconut oil doesn’t impact on your body as normal fats, so the effect of calories are not same as olive oil or other oil.
- Coconut oil have the efficiency to control your hunger, so you will easily control the weight.
- Research proved that if you take the high amount of MCTs, you will intake less amount of calories.
- Another research proved that if you take 30 grams of coconut oil in a day with walk about 30 to 45 minutes, for a month you can control your belly fat and reduce weight.
14. Coconut Oil As A Deodorant
As we all know most artificially manufactured deodorants leave their side effects on our arm pits after prolonged use. They stain our under arm skin, give powdery residue and since they are loaded with chemicals, can cause harm to our sensitive skin. On the other hand coconut oil works great as a natural deodorant. One smear of coconut oil on our arm pits in the morning, curbs the sweat and the stink. Which leaves us with a fresher self. To enjoy the benefits of coconut oil as deodorant, follow these important suggestions:
- Use coconut oil as a deodorant, for long lasting effect use it with pinch of baking soda mix it well and apply it in your arm pits.
- Hot weather is always scorching and leaves rashes and scars on your skin, coconut oil is very suitable for this weather, simply smear the coconut oil on your skin.
- Coconut oil deodorant have no side effect as other deodorants have synthetic chemicals which leave bad effects on your skin.
- You can add cinnamon powder and orange blossom water in coconut oil spray to get amazing smell.
- Use extra virgin coconut oil to make the deodorant, you can use this deodorant in any part of your body without thinking about side effects.
13. Coconut Oil As A Moisturizer
With the passage of time, our skin needs extra care and gentle treatment. Chemicals involved in commercial creams do more damage than help. So going natural is the best course of action. And what better ingredient that coconut oil to use? One of the most beneficial coconut oil uses are about its effectiveness as skin moisturizer. Coconut oil has virtually no side effects on sensitive skin. Use unrefined coconut oil as a natural moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and nourished. Use it for 2-3 weeks, once at night, and you will be amazed to see your glowing skin.
“Reap the benefits of the most versatile and highly beneficial oil- the mighty coconut oil. We give you top 20 benefits of coconut oil and some non-health related benefits too”
- Coconut oil works amazingly beyond our thoughts, it can also work as make up highlighter, just give the little stroke of coconut oil after your make up done it will give your skin then glowing effect.
- Use the coconut oil to remove make up specially eye makeup, it is appreciable for water proof eye makeup, if you don’t want that your eyelashes to be plucked while removing the make-up, use coconut oil as makeup remover.
- Use it as a night time moisturizer it will give you soft and shiny skin.
- Coconut oil is known as anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, dermatologist recommend it as moisturizer in any season.
- Make luscious body lotion with coconut oil and massage with it on your body.
12. Coconut Oil For Hair Care
Oiling your hair is the best treatment you can give them. But choosing the right oil is most necessary. Coconut oil has been used for centuries by many civilizations to keep their hair healthy and strong. Benefits of coconut oil for hair are really amazing. Besides oiling your hair, coconut oil works great as a conditioner. You now have the option to either oil your hair before you shower or you can soften your strands by conditioning them with coconut oil. Some of the most amazing benefits and uses of coconut oil for hair are given below:
A simple concoction of coconut oil and honey, when applied to your hair and kept for 40 mints before you shower them off, will give you salon like deep conditioning at the comfort of your home.
- Coconut oil is considered as anti-fungal, it increases scalp health and give stronger hair.
- Regular usage of coconut oil in hair gives volume and shine to your hair.
- Mostly coconut oil used in shampoos and conditioners, but few other ingredients leave harmful effects on hair.
- The lauric acid is also helpful in hair nourishment.
- It is the best conditioner, decreases the damage of combing.
11. Coconut Oil To Prevent Heart Diseases And High Blood Pressure
Coconut oil is rich in natural saturated fats. These fats improve the healthy cholesterol also known as HDL, in your body. Not only do they help with HDL, they also help convert the LDL “bad cholesterol” into good cholesterol. Thus promoting heart health and lowering the risk of heart disease.
Quick link = How to lower blood pressure
- The oil contains saturated fats so that it controls the pressure of blood, it help to control the Inflammation of arteries.
- Include coconut oil in your diet it will reduce the risks of heart diseases.
- The food which comprises proper amount of coconut oil will easy to digest.
- Other oil contains more fats which blocks the arteries and in the result you will get high cholesterol.
- Coconut is considered as a super food, it helps to maintain the blood pressure which is also one of the most amazing coconut oil benefits.
10. Coconut Oil To Cure UTI, Kidney Infection And Protects The Liver
One of the important health benefits of coconut oil is that it helps clear up and heal urinary and kidney infections. The oil is laced with MCFA’s which work as natural antibiotic. They disturb the lipid coating on bacteria and kills them. Research also shows that coconut oil protects the liver from damage.
- Coconut is the best cure of any type of infection in body.
- It helps to keep your body hydrated, dehydration is the main cause of kidney infections.
- Coconut oil’s anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties resolve the urinary tract infections.
- Take coconut oil along with coconut water to heal the kidney infections.
- Regular intake of coconut oil in any form can control the liver diseases.
9. Coconut Oil As A Diaper Rash Cream
Infants have the most sensitive skin. They quickly develop fungus and rashes, and most of the times, diaper rash creams do not work on them. Coconut oil contains antimicrobial, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and antifungal properties that help to promote the healing by soothing baby’s delicate skin. Coconut oil is packed with Lauric acid and Caprylic acid that treats fungal and yeast infections effectively.
- The paediatricians recommend the coconut oil on baby’s skin because they have really soft and elegant skin type, and coconut oil’s anti-fungal properties may reduce the rashes.
- Coconut oil remedy is best for diaper rash because it will leave no harmful effect on baby’s skin as the other ointments do.
- Caprylic and lauric acid which are present in coconut oil kill the bacteria and fungus which cause infections.
- Baby’s skin are too soft so the coconut oil is best to treat them softly.
- You can make the coconut oil creams with other natural ingredients and apply after every wash.
8. Coconut Oil To Treat Lice
Head lice are extremely difficult to get rid of. But the anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of the coconut oil help in getting head lice removed from the hair effectively. That’s why one of the most important benefits of coconut oil for hair are about its effectiveness against lice. And because coconut oil is used as a base for bug repellent, those very same attributes help in stopping the head lice infestation.
Quick link = How to get rid of lice
To get coconut oil fighting against head lice, simply rinse your hair with a diluted cup of apple cider vinegar. Now apply coconut oil generously in your hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it on for a few hours. After a few hours comb your hair with combs specifically designed to pull out nits. You will how easily the lice are able to come out. Clean your entire head, finally shampoo your hair and you are done!
- Coconut oil with combination of garlic and lemon juice is better cure against head lice.
- You can make mixture of coconut oil with tea tree oil and apply it on your head tea tree oil is helpful in killing insecticides.
- Coconut oil is very effective for head lice when oregano oil mix up with it.
- The antiseptic qualities of garlic and anti-fungal property of coconut will work together very well.
- To remove lice eggs use apple cider vinegar with coconut oil.
7. Coconut Oil To Cure Sore Throat
Who ever knew you could treat a strep throat with coconut oil! Coconut oil being packed with anti-viral and antibacterial agents, helps to eradicate the allergies of the throat and curb the viral. It means coconut oil benefits also include its healing powers for strep throat.
A teaspoon of coconut oil in a cup of warm water or tea is very beneficial for curing a sore throat. Alternatively you can mix in a tablespoon each of honey and lemon to half a cup of coconut oil and drink this syrup 2-3 times a day.
- Sore throat is caused by allergy, it is better not to take anti-allergy first try the remedy of coconut oil.
- It is better to take 2 tsp of coconut oil at bed time, you will get relief in the morning.
- Coconut oil remedy is best to cure the sore throat instantly, we successfully tried this fast effective remedy.
- You can take a tsp of coconut oil daily in the morning in chilled days to get away cough and sore throat.
- Research proved that the person who use coconut oil as a meditation for sore throat will not get into this problem again easily.
6. Coconut Oil To Treat Ring Worms
The healing properties of coconut oil, makes it the best option to treat ring worms without the worry of delay or side effects. Its treatment and the result are efficient and immediate. The anti-fungal properties and lauric acid present in coconut oil, helps in eliminating yeast and other fungal infections. The application of coconut oil on affected areas brings swift relief from itchy skin while making the skin soft, smooth and clean. Here are some of the important coconut oil uses and ways to treat ring worms:
- Use coconut oil on the area which is effective by ring worms.
- Every person doesn’t have the creams or ointment available at any time but the coconut oil is the natural ingredient which is found in any home easily.
- Its anti-fungal quality can treat any type of virus and fungus creative worm.
- Smear coconut oil with few drops of tea tree oil on your skin every morning and at night, it will decrease the redness of effective area.
- Put small glass jar of coconut oil in your bag every time to treat these type of infections.
5. Coconut Oil Aftershave
The after math of shaving is often itchy, dry and prickly skin. Application of aftershave lotions, only make it worse. But using coconut oil makes the skin smooth and well moisturized. Coconut oil as aftershave is one of the most amazing coconut oil uses you can find. Coconut oil has healing properties, which helps in healing and soothing the skin when faced with nips and cuts during shaving. So chuck those chemical laden aftershave lotions or creams and pick coconut oil as your skin savior.
- When your skin get rough after shave your legs or wax your hands, apply little amount of coconut oil to moisturize them.
- Your shaving cream and shaving tools must be clean and good quality.
- Soften your skin with warm water after shave them apply coconut oil so it will remain soft for long time.
- You can also use the cream which made up of coconut oil extracts.
- You can make your own shaving cream with coconut oil, aloe Vera and any other essential oil (tea tree, lavender).
4. Coconut Oil To Heal Bruises
The MCTs present in coconut oil along with its antibiotic and healing properties help in healing bruises and cuts quickly. Not only does coconut oil helps in fading the appearance of the bruise, it actually assists in repairing the damaged tissue which is one of the most important health benefits of coconut oil.
- Use extra virgin coconut oil to get rid of bruises.
- Apply the coconut oil on the affected area it will not only remove the bruise marks also it will heal the damage tissues.
- It is better to massage with light hand on the bruised area of your body.
- The coconut oil massage will relief the pain and continuous usage of coconut oil will remove the bruise scars.
- Coconut oil massage is not only good for bruises but very effective for swelling as well.
3. Coconut Oil To Cure Acid Reflux
Apart from treating so many other ailments, coconut oil is also beneficial to cure acid reflux. It coats the esophagus and the lining of the throat. The coating prevents and discomfort associated with acid reflux. And because coconut oil is an antibacterial agent, it helps in curbing the overgrowth of bacteria in the stomach. Here are some of the important benefits of coconut oil you can enjoy to get rid of acid reflux.
Quick link = Acid reflux remedies
Coconut oil can be taken 2-3 times a day as teaspoon full to cure acid reflux.
- A teaspoon of coconut oil in a day will help to cure acid reflux.
- If you don’t want to take coconut oil directly, so you can make a smoothie with yogurt, banana and coconut oil blend them well and enjoy as a meditation.
- Use coconut oil to make any food to get rid of acid reflux.
- Add coconut in any form in your daily diet will decreases the acid reflux problem.
- Even in sweets and deserts use coconut milk, oil and shredded coconut.
2. Coconut Oil For Strong Bones
Coconut oil massage is an excellent source of relaxation for the body. It relaxes the muscles and sooths the pain of joints which is one of the most effective coconut oil benefits you can enjoy. Coconut oil helps the body in the absorption of calcium and magnesium. Both of these components are essential for strong bones and teeth.
- Coconut oil is considered as best bone food, important nutrient to build up the muscles.
- According to the experts: use coconut oil and see the effects in 7 days on your bones.
- The common problem of Osteoporosis in women can be cure with coconut oil, it has the mineral which makes the bones hard.
- A substance called pregnenolone which is found in coconut oil is helping to balance the hormones and healthy bones.
- It helps to increase the metabolism and calcium in productivity so leave other oils and use coconut oil.
1. Coconut Oil To Treat Epilepsy
Coconut oil have healing properties and they have the ability to process ketone bodies, which have a therapeutic impact on several brain disorders. Epilepsy is one of the neuro ailments which can be cured by the daily consumption of coconut oil. But as in all serious conditions, it is advisable to confirm with your doctor first, for a prescribed dosage.
While we have covered all the health benefits of coconut oil, we provide you with a short list of some non-related benefits of coconut oil.
- Coconut oil is an excellent gum remover.
- Coconut oil improves health of pets.
- Coconut oil can be used as a makeup remover.
- Coconut oil can also be used a non-toxic source of furniture polish.
- Coconut oil is alternatively used as leather shiner.
- Coconut oil is the largest source to get medium chain triglycerides after mother’s milk.
- This works for ‘ketones’, ketones work like a fuel for your brain.
- Ketones are the stable source of energy, which comes from MCTs, so the coconut oil helps to maintain neurological health.
- 20grms of MCTs is good for healthy mental life and it can easily get by coconut oil.
- Pregnant women should ask to her doctor before taking it.