The season of the greens is never over. The green avocado is packed with nutrients and antioxidants. It is very beneficial to the health. It can be eaten raw as well as boiled. It can be added to meat, including lamb and chicken. You can add it to the pastas and salads. They can be blanched as well which gives a very good taste to the vegetable.
Some of the known benefits can be found in this article.
15. Full Of Vitamins
Avocados are full of vitamins and minerals. It has a very high nutritional value. It has a very rich texture and is delicious in taste. Health conscious people eat it a lot because of its healthy vitamin and mineral content. There are many kinds of Avocados ranging from a color of black to green. In a single serving of 100 grams, Avocados have:
- Vitamin K: 26% of the RECOMMENDED DAILY DOSE.
- Folate: 20% of the RECOMMENDED DAILY DOSE.
- Vitamin C: 17% of the RECOMMENDED DAILY DOSE.
- Potassium: 14% of the RECOMMENDED DAILY DOSE.
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the RECOMMENDED DAILY DOSE.
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the RECOMMENDED DAILY DOSE.
- Vitamin E: 10% of the RECOMMENDED DAILY DOSE.
- It also contains small amounts of Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorous, Vitamin A, B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin) and B3 (Niacin).
This serving has 160 calories and 2 grams of proteins with 15 grams of healthy fats which do not get stored in the body.
14. More Potassium
Potassium helps maintain electrical gradients in the body’s cells and serves various important functions like:
- Transporting of oxygen to various parts of the body.
- Digestion of the food eaten.
- Transporting the digested food to the required parts.
“Rich in nutrients and fatty acids avocados is a must to have at home. It treats many medical conditions as well.”
13. Loaded With Mono Saturated Fatty Acids
Avocados are one of the fattiest vegetable. It contains good fats which do not get stored in the body. The fat that is present in avocado is oleic acid.
12. Contains Fiber
Fiber is found in great amounts in avocados. Fiber is indigestible plant matter that can contribute to weight loss, reduce blood sugar levels and is strongly linked to a lower risk of many diseases. Fiber is known to feed the friendly intestine bacteria in the intestine. It helps in the bowel movement and thus indirectly keeps the body healthy. If you have constipation:
- Take 100 grams of avocado.
- Eat on an empty stomach in the morning.
- You will definitely be relieved of constipation in two to three days.
- After that make it a routine to consume avocado every other day.
11. Lowers Triglyceride And Cholesterol Levels
Heart disease is the most common cause of death in people worldwide. Mostly people are not aware of their triglyceride and cholesterol levels and their first heart attack becomes fatal, and they end up giving their life. It is better to consume a healthy diet which is heart friendly as it is the most important muscle of the body.
Avocados are said to reduce the cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels in the blood, thus maintaining a healthy blood circulatory system.
10. People Who Eat Avocados Are Healthier And Have A Longer Life
People who eat avocados get a large number of antioxidants which trap the free radicals and prevent them from harming the organs of the body. This makes the body healthy and ensures a healthier and longer life.
- Take avocados in the breakfast and lunch to make a healthier you.
- One dietary survey found that people who ate avocados had a much higher nutrient intake and had a lower risk of metabolic syndrome.
9. Fats In Avocados Help In Absorbing Nutrients From Vegetables
Some nutrients are “fat soluble,” meaning that they need to be combined with fat in order to be utilized.
This includes vitamins A, D, E and K… along with antioxidants like carotenoids. For this purpose, good fats are required which include Essential fatty acids found in Avocados.
8. Great For The Eyes
Avocados increase the antioxidant absorption. This makes them great for the eyes. The antioxidants are also present in the avocados and they are responsible to sharpen the image formed behind the retina of the eye. Consuming avocados regularly reduces the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration. These diseases develop as you age. But consuming avocados on a regular basis helps against these diseases.
7. Rich In Antioxidants
Avocados are excellent for the skin and hair because of the high antioxidant content. Avocados masks are recommended by beauticians if you want to get younger looking skin.
- Take two table spoons of avocado paste.
- Mash a banana in that paste.
- Apply on the face, neck and hands. Leave for thirty minutes.
- Wash with cool water.
“From losing weight to treating a heart condition, avocado helps with almost everything. It can also make your skin appear younger because of the antioxidants present in the fruit.”
There is no clear evidence that avocados prevent cancer but studies are being conducted and this seems to be positive that it plays a vital role in treating and preventing cancer.
- Some studies in isolated cells have shown that nutrients in avocados may have benefits in preventing prostate cancer, and lowering side effects of chemotherapy in cells of some body parts.
5. Relieves Arthritis
Arthritis has become a major problem in the Western countries because of the unhealthy food people eat. Arthritis is a very painful joint condition in which the joints become inflamed. Avocado and soybeans if taken together can reduce the symptoms of arthritis.
4. Helps Lose Weight
Avocados help in weight reduction and help you to achieve the weight loss goals easily. This is because of the presence of many nutrients and the absence of a large number of calories.
3. Easy To Include In The Diet
You can easily include Avocado in the diet. It has a lovely taste and a rich texture. You can include avocados in:
- Eat it with lamb meat
2. Helps To Control Sugar Levels
Avocados are very beneficial for diabetic patients and it helps in maintaining the amount of sugar that is released in the blood. It keeps the pancreas and the liver healthy.
- Add Avocado in your diet if you are diabetic.
- Try consuming it in the morning when the sugar levels are low
1. Makes The Heart And Blood Vessels Strong
Avocados make the heart and blood vessels strong. It makes the blood vessels flexible thus they maintain the blood pressure inside them. It reduces cholesterol from the blood vessels thus making the heart work more efficiently.
- Do take avocado regularly if you are a diabetic patient.
- If you intend to lose weight, the avocado diet will help you a lot.
- Do not eat an over ripe Avocado as this will make the avocado fully oxidized and will affect its nutrition.
- Do not give avocados to your dog as it may be fatal for it and ultimately lead to death.