We all eat nuts, usually in the winters because of the low calorie content and to keep our body warm from inside but we don’t know the importance of Nuts and their health benefits.
Almost 10 nuts help you gain only 78 calories, and only a handful of these almonds are sufficient to cover the 1/8th of the daily nutritional needs. There are many reasons why one should include Almonds in their diet. Curious? Read further and get fascinated.
“By reading this article you will get to know about the benefits of eating almonds or using almond oil regularly as they are helpful for each and every organ of the body.”
20. Smooth And Fresh Skin
Almonds provide nourishment to the skin and have very useful omega 3 fatty acids which keep it glowing. They help the skin in the following way:
- Helps clean skin pores and nourishes from the inside resulting in fewer skin blemishes that means no blackheads, white heads or spots.
- Almond oil is the best therapy towards the regeneration of new skin.
- Almond oil massage on skin helps you attain clear, brighter and younger skin with an even complexion usually the one like your own pure complexion.
- The oil extracted from the almond when applied around the eyes removes the puffiness and dark circles.
- It helps lift the skin and is very helpful in removing or lessening your wrinkles around the corners of the eyes.
- Almond oil when rubbed on the feet improves your blood circulation and softens them. It also ensures blood circulation in the whole body if body is massaged with that.
Quick link = How to get rid of dark spots on face
19. Weight Loss
Many people have a wrong concept about almonds or nuts helps you put on weight because of their fat content. Clearly there are some healthy or some unhealthy fatty acids and glycerol depending on which to use. Almonds contain a good amount of healthy mono saturated fatty acids.
- Oleic oil in the almond stops or reduces your craving for food.
- You can reduce your bad body fat content to 18 percent, by eating almonds daily before/ after or as a replacement to ordinary unhealthy snacks.
18. Reduced Risk Of Heart Diseases
Heart diseases have become common nowadays because of the unhealthy diet people take nowadays.
- Some recent studies have shown that women who consumed 5 ounces of nuts in a whole week, they had a 35% lesser chance of having a heart disease compared to those who didn’t. If you eat nuts atleast twice a week then your chance of getting a second heart attack reduces to 25 % and without doubt it has been tested on 4000 people.
- They contain a high percentage of mono saturated Fatty Acids, which in return lower the content of bad cholesterols i.e. low density Lipoproteins.
- The highly efficient Vitamin E helps fight against the Bad fats that is LDL Low density lipoproteins increasing the amount of high density lipoproteins.
17. Antioxidants For Body
Lycopene and many other antioxidants are found in almonds.
- Our body itself produces ROS reactive oxygen species that alter many of the important metabolic reactions in our body. In order to combat these reactive oxygen species our body requires a healthy diet containing huge amounts of Anti-oxidants.
- Almonds contain a great amount of these which help you improve your immune system and kill these ROS.
- Our immune system gains a great deal of boost from the Vitamin E in almond oil that helps improve our immune system.
16. Strong Memory
There are many people who develop Alzheimer’s disease when they grow old because of the lack of certain nutrients in their young years.
- Almonds contain a heavy load of Vitamin B 6, Vitamin E, Omega-3 and omega 6 fatty acids that help you achieve an eidetic memory if used from an early childhood regularly.
- Drinking 6-7 almonds soaked in rain water over night with smooth blend, empty stomach in the morning is the best memory tonic.
- Massage of 1 table spoon of almond oil in half a cup milk before sleep, boosts your memory and gives a relaxing effect.
- Almond milk shakes with honey(used instead of table sugar), with almonds soaked overnight, helps your Central Nervous System work efficiently.
- Mashed Almonds soaked overnight when used with olive oil as a replacement to your conditioner serves as the best. It gives you smooth and fine hair with lesser frizzy ness.
- Mashed almonds massage on the scalp gives a healthy scalp.
- Almond oil help prevents Hair damage due to over brushing, chemicals and heat treatments.
- It reduces hair loss when used regularly and helps regenerate new hair follicles as well.
- Almond oil gives you hair a fine luster and shine.
Pregnancy is the time when a woman needs to eat the right diet, not only for herself but for the developing human being in her. Almonds can be an excellent choice when you come to pregnancy.
- Provide an excellent source of nutrition both for the mother and the fetus.
- Almond contains folic acid which helps keep the hemoglobin level in the mother and fetus well. Most of the miss carriages result due to lack of hemoglobin which supplies oxygen bind to the iron contained in the folic acid.
- Folic acid further prevents the baby to be born safe from any birth defects. Usually women, who take folic acid supplements regularly during pregnancy, tend to have a lesser neural birth defects in babies born.
- Folic acid is very essential for healthy cell growth and tissue configuration.
13. Maintains Blood Pressure
The heightened hyper tension can be controlled with the use of almonds soaked in the water daily. Blood pressure or hypertension can be dangerous sometimes and can even prove to be fatal.
- The minerals like sodium and potassium are found to be in lesser quantity which is the main culprits of uncontrolled blood pressure.
- One of the dangerous of all, the arteries congestion is lowered by intake of soaked almonds because of their high folic acid and magnesium content.
- The deposition of the High Density lipoproteins is also lowered by regular use of almonds because of the essential content that is the Vitamin E.
“If you are not allergic to Almonds, forget not to use them on regular basis. Daily intakes of the almonds are essential part of daily nutritious requirements.”
12. Curing Diabetes
Almonds help reduce serum lipids and in turn help reduce body surges for sugar content. There are many other benefits of adding almonds to your diet which include the following.
- They reduce the amount of insulin secreted from the pancreases ( pancreatic glands)
- Almonds help reduce the amount of Insulin (hormone) from the pancreatic gland which oxidizes sugar i.e. carbohydrates to produce energy.
- Almonds have a significant effect on the fat oxidation stress.
- The profile of the fat and glucose content are really improved due to the paranormal effects of Vitamin E in the blood plasma.
- Because of their low calorie content they are excellent replacement for snacks before and after meals instead of unhealthy junk food.
11. Regular Bowel Movements
Constipation may be a common problem in pregnancy or old age, but almonds are there to the rescue.
- Soaked almonds are best for the chronic constipation which results in the irregular bowel movements and disturbs the digestive system. Almonds contain a great deal of insoluble fibers commonly called as roughage which is a very essential movement to help excrete the waste out of the body. The fibers help move the waste material all through the canal and helps its smooth movement.
- Almonds are best used when soaked because of the enzyme inhibitor present in the outer shell of the dry fruit which helps easy digestion.
- For help digesting fats present in our food, the lipid breaking enzyme, lipase is released from the almond when soaked. This enzyme then aids in digestion as well.
Multiple fractures are a result of deficiency of calcium and phosphorous in the body. It can be prevented by adding almonds and milk to the diet.
- Almonds have a good quantity of calcium and phosphorous, which help get the bones strong if used from early childhood.
- Youngsters should use almonds regularly to prevent bone breakage or defragmentation.
- The calcium content makes the bones stronger and hence prevents the osteoporosis, a condition in which your bones become so weak and fragile that they are easily when in distress.
- The bone mineral density is also increased with regular use. The bone mineral density then helps achieve a better skeletal system.
Cancer happens because of generous reproduction of certain cells of the body. If the reproduction is not controlled timely, then the cancer develops and it might prove to be fatal.
- The detoxifying effect of the fibers presents in the almonds help the regular movement of the bowel. This cleanses the alimentary canal and prevents the accumulation of any toxic material that may initiate the cancer.
- To fight against the breast cancer, almond contains special ingredients like Vitamin E, Photochemical, and helpful flavonoids.
- The foliate (one of the Vitamin B) in the almond prevents the colorectal cancer.
- High consumption of Vitamin E and Zinc help body fight against invulnerable cancer, these two essential nutrients are found in greater extent in percentage in almonds.
- Vitamin B17 which is very effective in fighting cancer and relieving the pain of the tumors inside body is found in Bitter almond.
If your nails have become brittle with age, it might be because of lack of essential fatty acids in the body.
- Almond oils protect your nails from the breakage and give shine and luster.
- Omega 3 essential fatty acids prevent the nails from tearing apart and make them strong from inside.
- Almond oil contains wholesome amount of good proteins which help grow long and fine nails with almost perfect shine.
7. Stress Relief
If you suffer from stress and depression, eating almonds with yoghurt might help you in getting rid of the mental problem.
- Almonds contain Vitamins B2 and E which are excellent immune boosters at the time of stress. A daily use of a ¼ cup filled of almonds are sufficient to fight against your stress
- Almond butter may be the best choice to be used on slices in salads, and fruits.
- People eat too much during stress and as a result gain those extra calories which they regret afterwards. Stress eating using almonds won’t give them those extra ones and instead if used regularly will give the extra benefit.
Arthritis is a condition in which your joints and some parts of the bones become inflamed. This is a very painful condition and it can be cured with almonds.
- Almonds are a good source of the required Anti-inflammatory micronutrients that help reduce the inflammation that could result in arthritis.
- The anti-oxidant in Vitamin E, the essential of all, is very helpful for treating arthritis.
- Magnesium further is found in a good quantity in almonds, and this element, whose deficiency results in chronic inflammation is very important to consume.
- 70 mg of the magnesium per ounce provide 20 % of the daily requirement.
Oral health is very important as teeth are your best friends. Teeth help you get the nutrition from your diet.
Almonds contains desirable amount of vitamins and minerals that make your teeth stronger, whiter and provide a healthy mouth flora.
- High calcium content in the almonds help make teeth stronger and improves the filling density.
- Almond shell has been used for centuries as regular teeth cleaner.
- The almond’s shell is crushed and scrubbed against the teeth for healthy and white teeth.
4. Increase Blood Platelet Level
Platelets are very important in transporting oxygen in the blood. The calcium found in the almonds is a key ingredient to improve the number of blood platelet count.
- Use of 7-8 almonds which have been soaked in water for a night, with their peels off can be used to a tonic with milk. This milkshake serves as the best cure.
- In severe condition, this milkshake should be consumed for at least 3-4 times within a day to have an efficient effect.
3. Improving The Eyesight
Eyesight can be improved by strengthening the retina of the eye. If good images are formed in the eye by the receptors of the eye, then you will have perfect eyesight. Vitamin A is necessary for the formation of images on the retina.
- Almonds contain a great amount of vitamin A, which is a very important and key vitamin for improving eye sight and enabling good vision
- 5-6 almonds, soaked overnight, when ate in the morning empty stomach helps improve the vision.
- Almonds improve digestion because of their high fiber and vitamin content which also helps resolve the eye problems by removing toxins from the body.
- Almonds are a good source of riboflavin which is Vitamin B2, which helps a great deal to provide oxygen based energy.
- All the fiber content, protein content and fiber content are the best wholesome package as the best supplement for that extra dose of energy which athletes usually want.
1. Muscle Cramps
- Almonds are the best when it comes to answer a crunch for a cramp.
- After heavy workouts, huge amount of ROS (reactive oxygen species) are produced inside the body which if not combated with anti-oxidants can cause alot of trouble to normal body functions and usually cause the muscle cramps. Almonds contain Alpha tocopherol Vitamin E, the best and easily absorbed vitamin which help fight against these ROS and prevents cramping.
- A handful of almonds should be consumed regularly from an early childhood.
- Usually overnight soaked almonds are to be consumed in the morning on empty stomach.
- Concern your doctor before you start an almond diet to avoid any reactions.
- If you have a liver dysfunction, take almonds in small amounts.
- Some potential risks are associated with almonds. Do not rub the shell of almonds on the teeth for so long
- In some people almonds may cause allergies
- Bitter almond contains a small proportion of carcinogen and so should not be over consumed
- Do not over consume the almonds, as this may lead to weight gain.