High blood pressure now days have become an issue of not only the elderly people but even the youngsters. Young people under the age of 30 are encountered by the disease.
Going to a restaurant and looking at the menu card finding what to have is an exciting moment for the food lovers but at the same time people with high blood pressure are not so lucky to have this enjoyment completely as certain food dishes cannot be a part of their meal.Hence cutting down the option to a certain repeated things is usual, but here we are providing you with stop 20 super foods that lower blood pressure and can be a part of your meal as they would help you reduce your blood pressure. Look below for the amazing top 20 super foods which you never knew could be added to your meal:
“Fish are friends not food”. Well,Nemo’s father in the movie “Finding Nemo” has so nicely talked about fish as friends but the second part is a bit wrong as fish are amongst the very best foods to have. Fish has got numerous nutritional values stored in its body. They are actually being recommended by the doctors to have at least twice a week as a part of meal.
Salmon is a fish of both rivers (fresh water) and the seas (saline water).Wild salmon are the best to have, but how to actually find that the fish that you are buying is a fresh one? Here is how we find it; fresh fish are shinny on their texture with a moist appearance and when their meet is pressed down by a finger it bounces back.
In the below given lines you will see the health benefits of this sea food:
- Omega 3 a good fatty acid is found in salmon in good amount. Good fats help to eradicate the bad one from the body hence working to avoid any blockage of the arteries with fats that could cause the blood pressure to rise above the normal range.
- Not only has it worked for hair but also for the skin, as it provides with a good shiny skin.
Note: 150 grams of wild salmon twice a week should be taken for a good health.
I’m sure everyone has definitely loved to watch bugs bunny as one of their favorite cartoons during the childhood days. Bugs bunny was never found to be away from a carrot in his hands, that he loved munching all the time. Did you notice how nicely the cartoon taught everyone in the childhood that carrot is a must have food. Its crunchiness might be a hindrance for the teeth-less people but its juice is an alternative for such people. If you ever had looked closely to a cut latitudinal section of a carrot slice you would notice that it resembles the iris and the pupil of an eye! Nature its self has given a sign that carrots are packed with such nutrients which are good for the eyes:
- Carrots contain beta carotene which turns into vitamin A in the body and vitamin is said to be good for the vision as it is converted into retinol. Retinol is supposed to be good for the iris of an eye.
- Carrots contain potassium, acts as a vasodilator hence helping the vessels to dilate in return preventing any pressure of the blood to build inside the vessels. By this way it allows the blood pressure to remain maintained.
- Phytonutrients in it work as anti-inflammatory agents.
- Carrots provide with cardiovascular protection too as it prevents the red blood cells to clump up in the blood vessels.
Note: The doctors have recommended taking carrots in their natural form rather than extracting their juice.
“I love spinach” the most said line by the Popeye the sailor manna wonder Popeye the sailor man was a spinach lover for a valid reason. He used to open his can of spinach to get energy whenever he had to fight his enemy .Spinach was Popeye’s source of energy and his powerful ammunition.
Spinach is a green leafy vegetable which has a bundle of benefits hidden inside it, It should definitely be incorporated in everyone’s diet for the reasons written below:
- Phytonutrients in spinach work as anti-inflammatory.
- Detox drinks have a lot of ingredients including spinach as well.
- Kukoamine found in spinach are said to be the ones that help to lower down the blood pressure.
- Vitamins and mono-saturated fats help to cut down to bad cholesterol that is LDL
- Found in blood. By doing so, they clean up the system.
- Spinach encloses phenol and carotenoids inside its leafy body.
This little fruit contains a good amount of nutrients inside it. Their distinct flavor makes it favorable to be eaten by all. Down below are given the benefits to keep you healthy by making avocados your fruit that you would add up to your diet:
- Avocados contain potassium, fibers and mono saturated fats .These three entities have their own benefits that help the body to fight reduce the high blood pressure.
- They contain quite a number of vitamins as well like Vitamin A,Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B5 and vitamin B6.
- Along with the above mentioned nutrients folate is also found as part of avocado’s treasure.
- Avocados benefit the body increasing the levels of HDL (High density lipoprotein) along with that reducing the levels of LDL (low density lipoprotein. With the increase in HDL there is a very less chance of vessels to get cluttered with cholesterol hence allowing the reduction in pressure of blood to build in the vessels.
- They help in the reduction of triglycerides (extra calories are stored in the body as triglycerides).usually up to 20 per cent.
Quick link = Health benefits of Avocado
“Never underestimate the wonders of vegetables and fruits as they would help you maintain the blood pressure levels in your body. Now that we have provided you with the list of top 20 super foods so moving further you can fill up your grocery baskets with them.”
Watermelons are a fruit having a green color on the outer side i.e. the peel of watermelons, with a red color on the inner side, the part which we eat. Watermelons are a bliss to have in the hot and sultry summer noons.It’s an ultimate relieve to have a bowl of chilled watermelons when coming from the scorching heat of the sun.
Let us look at the benefits of a watermelon:
- Potassium and magnesium helps to reduce the blood pressure. Let’s look at the phenomenon how potassium works in our body, potassium is a vasodilator, vasodilators basically help the vessels to dilate, dilatation of the arteries provides more space for the blood to flow hence preventing the blood pressure from rising.
- Carotenoids are also present inwatermelons. Carotenoids avoid the hardening of the veins and arteries in the cardiovascular system thereby protecting the cardiovascular system.
- Watermelons contain vitamins, amino acids and antioxidants as well.
- They are also known to reduce renal dysfunctions.
- This fruit is a treat to the diabetics as the doctors allow them to eat it.
- Watermelons are also supposed to repair the damaged skin.
NOTE: A watermelon is said to have 92 percent of it to be water. Thus acting as a good source for being a hydrant for the body and keeping it fresh.
Do not get confused with the bird kiwi as here we will be talking about the fruit only. Kiwis have a nice sour tinge but are a little less juicy to have. This fruit with a green color and black dots at its center provide with numerous amazing qualities:
- Kiwis are good for the constipated patients to intake as they provide with fibers which are recommended by the constipated patients to have.
- They are known to be cardio protective.
- Helps to manage the blood pressure by removing excessive sodium.
- It is also known to have immune boosting power in it.
- Hydrates hair and moisturizes it.
- They are also supposed to give cell regeneration.
NOTE: 3 kiwis each day, especially taken in the morning with some warm water is recommended to intake.
Tomatoes in the early times were thought to be poisonous, Hence people never used to eat them but now as science has grown, botanist have explored that tomatoes are one the most nutritionist foods to have. In the western culture tomatoes are a part of a very huge festival where you go on painting the world red with the tomatoes. The festival is named as tomcatting festival. Apart from being a part of such celebration it envelopes inside it numerous health benefits:
- Contains vitamin C and vitamin K as well. Vitamin C helps fight scurvy whereas vitamin K is blood clotting factor that helps to prevent hemorrhages.
- Lycopene is found in tomatoes that give away free radicals. Free radicals play a part in being anti-cancerous.
- Mineral chromium in tomatoes worksto reduce the high blood pressure thereby working as an agent to reduce the risk of heart attacks.
- Nicotinic acid in tomatoes is a source to reduce cholesterol in the blood vessels.
- Carotenoids work anti-inflammatory in nature.
Yogurt its self is not found to be in its original form naturally rather it is a derivative of dairy product “milk”. One has to keep the milk in a warm dark environment for at least more than 8 hours untouched; the bacteria inside it will work to convert the milk into curd.
Let us look at the listed benefits of yogurt:
- The good bacteria present in the yogurt works to be a remedy for Urinary tract infection.
- Calcium present in yogurt helps fight osteoporosis.
- Vitamins like B2 and B12 are also found in yogurt.
- Potassium and magnesium work to reduce the blood pressure.
- Along with the blood pressure reduction yogurt is source to keep the cholesterol level low.
- It boosts the immune system.
- Treats insomnia.
This little fruit with numerous seeds hosts so many nutrients inside it.Sometimes white while sometimes red from the inside but tastes the same is it in any color.
Following are its amazing qualities:
- It is high in potassium; Potassium is a vasodilator helping to reduce the bloodpressure flow in the vessels.
- It is a good food for the people who are reducing their weight.
- Fibers in it are healthy for the constipated people.
- Iron is also a part of it. seeds are said to be good to be taken in dysentery and diarrhea
NOTE: Guava is said to have three times more vitamin C than the oranges. Not only this but, it’s also said to have two times more lycopene than tomatoes.
“Have you never wondered that your garden which you have kept for the purpose enjoyment could be your best source of medication? Yes,we have now provided you with the best top 20 super foods to deal with your raised blood pressure levels.”
11. Skimmed milk
Skim milk is actually low fat milk free from its cream that gives it a fatty content.
Skim milk might be a little different in taste from the normal one but it is sure to be full of nutrients within its self. For the ones who are not plain milk lovers can add certain additives like honey or flavors like vanilla, strawberry or chocolate.
- It contains vitamin D and calcium in it which is the major requirement of bones in our body.
- Potassium and magnesium help to reduce blood pressure.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Reduces the fat and cholesterol aiding to prevent the blockage of arteries.
NOTE: 1cup of a skimmed milk contains 0.2 gm. of fats and 0.1 gm. of saturated fats.
Oatmeal is basically a grounded form of oat that is grains. It is also known as white oats. They are just perfect to have in the breakfast with fruits and milk added to it. With so many healthy stuff found in a single bow l, what could be more nutritional than this?
- Anti- oxidants like avenanthramide liberate free radicals which help to prevent the oxidation of low density lip proteins thus acting to protect the cardiovascular system.
- Stabilizes the blood sugar levels
- It as an alternative for gluten free diet. Thus it can be taken by the celiac disease patients.
- Helps to reduce blood pressure.
9. Olive oil
Olives, green or black both are healthy in their own ways. It’s supposed to be an essential part of the Mediterranean diet. Olive oil is also drizzled over the salads to enhance their taste. Along with this’ humus’ a famous dish of Saudi contains a portion of olive oil in it.
- Polyphenols in the olive oil are used to give free radicals. When the low density lipoprotein i.e. LDL is oxidized it makes the blood vessels fragile. Free radicals liberated by phenols stops its oxidation making it cardio protective.
- It contains mono saturated fatty acids like oleic acid.
- It helps in the prevention of recurrence of breast cancer.
- Is a source of vitamin E.?
- It works to reduce the blood pressure, systolic as well as dystonic.
- Ispreferred oil for the people who would like to reduce their weight?
Did you ever know papaya is known as a “fruit of angels”? It is found in the all the four seasons but especially in the summers. Read below to look for its benefits:
- Contains amino acids and potassium that help to reduce the blood pressure in body.
- It is a very nice example of laxatives which are given to the people in constipation.
- Raw papaya helps to regulate the menstrual irregularities in females.
- Along with this papaya helps to maintain the effect of sodium.
- Raw papaya is also used as marinade in red meat.
- Helps to reduce body weight.
- Vitamin E and vitamin K are also one of its minerals.
Sprouts are one of those incredible foods which in the world neuropathy are known as a medicine. This shows that sprouts in their little self-comprises of remarkable nutritional values. A few of them are listed below:
- It contains anti-oxidants like glucoraphanin that help reduce the high blood pressure.
- Helps to decrease soreness.
- Works to reduce cholesterol as well.
- Contains folic acid. It is also known as vitamin B which is used to treat folic acid deficiency plus also helps to treat megaloblastic anemia.
- Detoxifies the body.
- Is also said to reduce low density lipo-protein in the vessels thus preventing atherosclerosis.
This crispy green leafy vegetable is a food that features to give low amount of cholesterol and fats.
- Celery regulates the blood sugar level.
- 3-n-butyl phatalide boosts the blood circulation.
- Contains minerals like magnesium and calcium.
- Also contains vitamins in it like vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and also vitamin C.
- Helps to regulate the blood pressure.
- Is good to have while on diet.
These small little wonders are the just tiny in their size but not in their benefit. They are boiled to make them a part of various food items.
- Works to lower down the weight.
- Contains vitamins and folic acid as well.
- Proteins in it that help fight high blood pressure issues.
- Peas reduce cholesterol in the body.
Though it is very famous to give a bad breath if eatenraw but it holds a world of healthiness inside its self.
- Garlic is anti-inflammatory in nature.
- Has an anti-viral effect too.
- Features to fight against the coronary artery disease (CAD) thus aiding in reduction of high blood pressure.
- Garlic if eaten raw in case of head ache might help to reduce it.
- Garlic produces a gas in the stomach that can help to relax the arteries.
This red vegetable is renowned for a number of nutrients like:
- Beet root juice is proved to lower down the. A cup of beetroot juice taken daily is a must have for the people with high blood pressure.
- It works to boost the immune system…
- Lowers down the cholesterol too.
- Is a detoxifying agent.
- Helps to heal the wound.
- Also helps to prevent any cellular damage.
Bananas are supposed to be ranked amongst the most eaten fruitsof theworld. Bananas are also given toddlers in a mashed form to meet their nutritional requirements. For the ones who are interested in a short course weight loss plan go on a banana diet for 7-10 days.
Let us see how banana can be useful to us:
- It works for insomniacs.
- Not just insomniacs can benefit from it but the ones with high blood pressure as well.
- Bananas are also anti-cancerous.
- Potassium found in it lowers down the blood pressure
- As 90 percent of a banana is composed of water it would help o rehydrate in diarrhea.
- Banana also contain low amount of sodium, which is healthy for the high blood pressure.
A dry fruit which is famous for its quality to make the memory more stronger. Almonds are healthy for any age group to take. This crunchy food is packed with numerous healthy nutrients.
- The mono-saturated fats in it curtail the cholesterol in it hence helping reduce blood pressure.
- Reduces arterial soreness.
- Lowers the risk of heart attack.
To work for lowering down the blood pressure you ought to follow some simple little rules like
- Eating less amount of sodium, usually works by having lesssalt intake.
- Reducing the alcohol consumption.
- Excerzing daily helps to keep your heart healthy hencea healthy heartwould help to reduce your blood pressure.
- Tryand incorporate more vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Tryand takefewer amounts of fats in your diet.
- High level of stress can cause rise in the blood pressure of your body.
- Never reduce water intake as it helps to flush out excessive sodium from the body.