Our skin consists of oil producing glands called the sebaceous glands. These glands secrete sebum to which the dead cells attach and then are released from the pores. Sometimes due to dirt or dust these pores on the skin get blocked therefore the excretion process stops. As the excretion of the sebum doesn’t take place hence pimples, blackheads or acne occur on the skin as result of sebum collection beneath the skin. Therefore to get rid of such blocked one must work for it otherwise the skin might get worse and cause pimples on the skin which might leaves blemishes as their mark.
In this topic we will provide you with the best home remedies that will help you find solution for clogged pores and leave your skin glowing and clean from all impurities.
“Learn the simple and easy ways to clean your skin from the impurities and make your pores dirt free and clean in just a few minutes.”
15. Baking Soda
Baking soda works best with the clogged pores! It has great exofoliating properties which help to remove the dirt from the clogged pores. Baking soda has also the ability to maintain the ph of the skin which adds up to the properties of baking soda. So you can now help the clogged pores on your skin to get unclogged by following this easy method given below:
- All what you need to have is 2 tea spoons of baking soda and some amount of water.
- First of all you need to take these two ingredients and mix them well together. Water should be good enough to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your skin. With small circular motions spread the paste all over your skin
- Let this mixture stay on the skin for a 5 minutes
- Wash this off
- Pat dry and moisturize your skin
- Repeat it gain after a week. Very effective in reducing clogged pores on nose and face.
Learn how to get rid of clogged pores using this miraculous honey solution. Honey is a well known for its antibacterial properties. It works well for the cough and not only this honey has some well known anti fungal properties too. Honey not only tastes great but with its ability of housing mineral and vitamins within itself it also is a recommendable fluid to have on daily basis. Not even the diabetics are restricted from having natural honey.
Honey forms a great mask for the clogged pores. It opens up the pores and sucks out the extra oil from the skin leaving the skin clean and hydrated enough to give a glow.
The following DIY honey remedy will help you unclog pores effectively.:
- Take a bowl and add just about 1 teaspoon of honey to it
- Then add a teaspoon of jojoba oil to the honey poured
- And lastly add a teaspoon of plain yogurt to the ingredients
- Now you need to homogenate them properly by mixing thoroughly
- Wash your face and now apply the mask on your face
- Leave this mask for about 15-20 minutes on your face
- Wash off the mask from your face with lukewarm water.
Repeat this once every week for better results.
13. Lemon Juice
Lemon with its sour taste is proven to be a vitamin C rich fruit. Its citric acid quality provides with the properties to clean the skin properly and remove the dirt from the clogged pores leaving them clean and unclogged. Citric acid present I lemon is supposed to break down the inter-molecular bond which is making the pores blocked thereby by loosening the molecular strength and letting the molecules come out of the pores naturally. It’s also really effective in removing blackheads and pimples.
Quick link = Benefits of lemon water
Here is how you may use lemon juice for clogged pores:
- Take a lemon and cut it into two halves
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon
- With the help of a cotton bud apply in on all your skin
- Now take the lemon peel of the squeezed lemon and massage it on your skin in small circular motions.
- Let this sit for 5 minutes on the skin and wash your skin with lukewarm water.
With its amazing quality to exfoliate the dead skin cells sugar becomes an option for unclogging the blocked pores. Sugar is granulated containing tiny particles which work to scrub the skin properly. This basic ingredient is always available in every kitchen which could be used at anytime to unclog the dirt filled pores on the skin. This simple recipe is really effective in cleaning clogged pores on nose or anywhere else on your skin.
Read the following and know how to scrub using sugar:
- All what you need is the basic ingredient sugar along with water for dissolving and a few drop of lemon
- Make the sugar powdered by crushing it properly
- Add a few drops of lemon to it and now add some water to it, just good enough to make a paste.
- Apply this mask on your face and scrub it in circular strokes
- Keep doing it for 4-5 minutes and let your skin get exfoliated
- Next you just need to wash your face followed by a moisturizer.
If you want to know how to get rid of clogged pores, just try this amazing technique. Steaming is one of oldest method used to unclog the pores. It helps clear way the impurities from the skin and leaves the skin glowing.
- You only need a wok filled with a bowl of water and a towel to cover.
- Take a bowl of water and heat it on high flame till it starts to boil
- Once you see that it has started boiling turn off the flame and keep the wok on counter.
- Take a towel cover your head and lean over the wok in a way that you cover the wok as well
- Let the steam come on your face. You can take intervals out of the towel if you feel suffocated then again get your head inside the towel and take the steam
- Take the steam until there is no more left to take.
- When you’re done you can pat your face dry.
Parsley with its astringent properties makes it a good cleanser. It helps to suck out the excessive sebum from the skin and not just this but it also helps to pull away the toxins which might be unhealthy for the skin. Parsley aids in reducing the scars from the skin and controls the acne breakouts.
Now we will tell you how to use parsley to unclog pores:
- You need to wash the little green parsley leaves properly
- Soak them in warm water till the water gets cool
- Now soak a piece of cloth in this water and squeeze out the extra water from the cloth
- Massage this cloth on your face for about 10-15 minutes
- Do this once a day daily to clean your pores and remove blackheads.
Another effective way to unclog the pores is to use your facial brush. The facial brush application s a very simple method to slough off the dead skin cells but one should make sure that the brush you’re using is consisting of soft bristles. Any other brush except for the ones with soft bristles must be avoided as the ones having hard bristles might damage the skin.
How to use it:
- Wash your face with lukewarm water
- Now pat dry your face and start rubbing the brush on your skin in small circular motions
- Don’t be too hard with the brush
- Rub it on the dry areas mostly
- When done on the whole face wash your face again but this time with cold water.
- Moisturize the skin in the end.
Oatmeal has amazing health benefits and It helps exfoliate the skin very well because of its granulated nature, and along with this oatmeal also absorb the excessive oil from the skin that might clog the pores.
Follow the simple steps and form a mask to exfoliate your skin:
- Take half a bowl of oatmeal and cook it
- To these cooked oats add a teaspoon of olive oil
- Scrub your face with these oats by giving circular motions.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes on your skin and wash your face with cold water
- Repeat it once a week.
“Try our simple and easy methods to unclog the clogged pores on your skin and feel the skin smooth and free from all the impurities.”
7. Egg Mask
If you want to know some effective ways about how to get rid of clogged pores using natural ingredients, this egg mask is at the top of the list. Eggs work great with the tightening of pores .people with acne can use egg whites to tighten their pores properly. Eggs work as good skin toners and not only this they also provide complexion enhancing advantages.
The following mask can work well for the skin with clogged pores:
- All what you require is an egg white along with honey and a few almonds
- In a blender pour an egg white with a tablespoon of honey and equivalent quantity of almonds.
- Blend them to form a thick paste
- You need to wash your face before applying the mask
- With small circular motions massage the paste all over the facial skin
- Let it stay till the mask dries completely
- Then wipe away the scrub with a wet piece of cloth
- Apply this once every week.
6. Raw Papaya
Raw papaya provides a good exfoliating effect for the skin. Its papain enzyme is a protein that has skin cleansing properties which are required to clean the pores and get rid of the blockage due to impurities. Papaya can leave the skin smooth and soft after using it on the skin.
- Peel off the raw papaya and mash it down and till the juice squeezes out of it
- Wash your face thoroughly and apply this on your skin
- Leave it on the skin for 15 minutes and clean your skin with the a clean cloth
- Repeat it twice in a week for an effective cleaning of clogged pores on nose and face.
5. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth literally pulls out the extra oil from the pores. It can absorb the sebum from skin which might block the pores of the people with extra oily skin. It’s not only good with these properties but also with skin whitening effect fuller’s earth work really well.
Following mask might help with the clogged pores:
- Take a 2 teaspoons of oatmeal
- Mix some rosewater to it and make a paste
- Clean your face and apply it on your face
- Let it stay till it dries
- Once it is dried completely wash it off with water
- Apply it once in every week. Also work like a magic to remove blackheads.
4. Bentonite Clay Mask
Clay masks removes the toxic products from the skin unclogs the pores. It is very effective in unclogging the pores making the skin look clear and away from all the impurities.
With the following mask you can clean your face from the impurities:
- Mix together 1 tbsp of oatmeal with 1 tbsp water and 1tbsp of bentonite clay.
- When mixed completely apply this mask on your skin
- Leave it for 15 minutes on your face
- Remove it by washing away your face with water.
3. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is found to have a composition similar to that of sebum produced by the sebaceous glands. It is when applied to the skin mixes with the hardened sebum which has clogged the pores and softens it up to pull them out of the pores so that the skin is left with no more blocked pores. Though jojoba oil trick is a time taking one but it’s for sure long term acting. So if someone asks you how to get rid of clogged pores permanently , just try this amazing remedy.
Read below how to use jojoba oil:
- Jojoba oil can be mixed with sugar or any other natural scrub
- It can be then applied on the skin and massaged.
“With these home remedies your problem for clogged pores is solved now! Read and apply these given procedures and help your skin glow without any clogged pores.”
2. Hemp Seed Oil
Hemp seed oil works just fine even for acne prone skin. Its amazing quality to extract the extra amount of oil from the skin would help you to cleanse your clogged pores and leave your skin happy and smooth. Our sebaceous glands start producing an oil containing oleic acid when there is a reduced amount of linoleic acid (an acid that is given by the hemp seed oil to the skin that helps the sebaceous glands to make healthy sebum which does not let the pores get clogged).
Read and see the way to use hemp seed oil to get rid of clogged pores on nose and face:
- You need to clean your face with lukewarm water first
- Then apply some amount of hemp seed oil on your face
- Let the skin absorb it and then wash your face with lukewarm water again
- You can repeat it once more if the skin feels too dry
- Repeat this procedure once a week.
1. Using A Face Wash
This technique is very simple and is tried and tested to get good results. It is also really effective for avoiding and reducing blackheads.
Follow the steps below and see how it works:
- Wash your face with your face wash using lukewarm water
- Now apply any scrub available
- Scrub very nicely
- Once your done apply face wash once more on your skin and rub it very nicely all over your face
- Now either take a blackhead removing instrument or just simply take a bobby pin
- The joint end of the bobby pin must be moved on the skin keeping it straight and vertical
- Move it on the times enough until you feel satisfied that the skin is all clean.
- Wash your face with normal water
- Moisturize your skin
- Repeat this once in a week.
Some important facts
- Extra usage of lemon juice on skin might make it prone to sun burns particularly for those who are light skinned people.
- People who are sensitive to jojoba oil might experience a reaction on their skin after its usage which confirmed by patches test. In case of a reaction or irritation one must wash their skin thoroughly with water and go for a patch test to confirm its reaction. Once confirmed this oil should not be used again.
- People using bentonite mask might experience headaches.
- Using a bentonite clay mask for removing the toxins from your body might lead to muscle tiredness in some people.
- Hemp seed oil might lead to upset digestion like diarrhea if ingested.
- Bentonite clay might also be used internally to clean the toxins but it may cause symptoms like constipation in some and nausea in the others. Hence it is advisable to combine clay with psyllium husk and increase the intake of water to help prevent such side effects.